View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If 80% of BB sales are to consumers, and they are only going to sell 4 BB10 handsets, whats happening to BB7, their mass consumer OS, and when is it happening? Anyone have more clarity on this?
    09-30-13 01:46 AM
    Man we're slipping in this thread. 2 day old news now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=854641

Posted via CB10
    At this stage, I'd ignore anything coming out of the company that isn't from the BOD,CEO or CFO about the future direction of the company.
    danprown likes this.
    09-30-13 02:00 AM
    If 80% of BB sales are to consumers, and they are only going to sell 4 BB10 handsets, whats happening to BB7, their mass consumer OS, and when is it happening? Anyone have more clarity on this?
    Your post doesn't make much sense. Could you clarify what you are failing to understand.

BlackBerry 7 is still supported as there are many individuals and businesses that still use it.

It is similar to when windows transitions from xp to 7, or from 7 to 8.

Development and marketing is done on the new OS, while support is given to the old OS, until the large majority of customers have moved to something new or the new OS.

Usually a date is given when the old OS will no longer receive support.

I don't see what this has to do with 80% to consumers or 4 bb10 handsets??

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 02:54 AM
    Well, sequence goes: buyout offer announced -> sell as quickly as possible -> digest and watch -> SP continues to to fall well below offer price -> still digesting -> Prem publically affirms his intentions -> I choose to believe in a great success story's value on his own reputation -> back in.

Based solely on a bump to the offered price.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:18 AM
    It's been a long time since I've posted but I've been trying my best to keep up with the thread. I'm wondering if something that crossed my mind makes sense to anyone here. Going private is not something that I feel really helps the shareholders. Many of us got into this because although we knew it may be against long odds, BB has a lot of potential in many areas. I understand the argument that it takes BB out of the public eye and may lessen the intense media scrutiny and allow them to operate without every move they make being attacked relentlessly. Would delisting from the Nasdaq and trading on the TSX exclusively not accomplish much the same thing as going private. The talking heads at CNBC and the such wouldn't pay as much attention to a Canadian company not trading in the US. Any thoughts?
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    09-30-13 03:21 AM
    Your post doesn't make much sense. Could you clarify what you are failing to understand.

BlackBerry 7 is still supported as there are many individuals and businesses that still use it.

It is similar to when windows transitions from xp to 7, or from 7 to 8.

Development and marketing is done on the new OS, while support is given to the old OS, until the large majority of customers have moved to something new or the new OS.

Usually a date is given when the old OS will no longer receive support.

I don't see what this has to do with 80% to consumers or 4 bb10 handsets??

Posted via CB10
    DO we have number as to how many are on BB7 vs BB10 devices? I am think there are still way more BB7 devices up and running.
    09-30-13 04:56 AM
    Are you being serious? I can't tell if you are joking or not.

Well considering bb7 devices have been out for some time and bb10 have only just been released.

There must be around 60 mil bb7 and after last quarter about 3 mil bb10 devices. That is a rough estimate.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 05:59 AM
    At this stage, I'd ignore anything coming out of the company that isn't from the BOD,CEO or CFO about the future direction of the company.
    Oh, so time to just stop paying attention all together

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    09-30-13 06:21 AM
    Oh, so time to just stop paying attention all together

Posted via CB10
    Hah! It is just when this sort of thing goes down, pretty much everyone but a few are cut out of the loop.
    09-30-13 06:23 AM
    Are you being serious? I can't tell if you are joking or not.

Well considering bb7 devices have been out for some time and bb10 have only just been released.

There must be around 60 mil bb7 and after last quarter about 3 mil bb10 devices. That is a rough estimate.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but I no longer have Blackberry blood running though my veins. If I were Blackberry I would do what ever I could to keep the BB7 people happy, BB10 did not do so well and find it hard to think it will.
    09-30-13 06:23 AM
    Gregg, you talk about BB10 in the past tense, it was only just released!

I am sure they have a plan for the OS development that at least stretches a couple of years to add more functionality and features.

Second of all why would BlackBerry invest time and resources trying to keep people on a platform that will be dead soon, BlackBerry 7 that is.

If BlackBerry want to boost bb10 sales the best way to do this would be to speed up migration from bb7 to bb10 for both consumers and enterprise with incentives etc.

They have a captive audience which is much cheaper to migrate than the general consumer market.

I personally don't think the hardware is such an issue. If they have heavy BES10 adoption the rest will follow. That should be their primary concern now.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:40 AM
    It's been a long time since I've posted but I've been trying my best to keep up with the thread. I'm wondering if something that crossed my mind makes sense to anyone here. Going private is not something that I feel really helps the shareholders. Many of us got into this because although we knew it may be against long odds, BB has a lot of potential in many areas. I understand the argument that it takes BB out of the public eye and may lessen the intense media scrutiny and allow them to operate without every move they make being attacked relentlessly. Would delisting from the Nasdaq and trading on the TSX exclusively not accomplish much the same thing as going private. The talking heads at CNBC and the such wouldn't pay as much attention to a Canadian company not trading in the US. Any thoughts?
    I have always had the same thoughts about BlackBerry getting off nasdaq and sticking to tsx. I don't think it would be this low if it was on the tsx only . My opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:59 AM
    Canaccord Genuity is saying this morning that they believe that the company can be sold for $7 once Prem completes his due diligence of the books.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:07 AM
    Canaccord Genuity is saying this morning that they believe that the company can be sold for $7 once Prem completes his due diligence of the books.

Posted via CB10
    Good grief. Do they forget that there needs to be a shareholder vote on this?
    09-30-13 07:10 AM
    Gregg, you talk about BB10 in the past tense, it was only just released!

I am sure they have a plan for the OS development that at least stretches a couple of years to add more functionality and features.

Second of all why would BlackBerry invest time and resources trying to keep people on a platform that will be dead soon, BlackBerry 7 that is.

If BlackBerry want to boost bb10 sales the best way to do this would be to speed up migration from bb7 to bb10 for both consumers and enterprise with incentives etc.

They have a captive audience which is much cheaper to migrate than the general consumer market.

I personally don't think the hardware is such an issue. If they have heavy BES10 adoption the rest will follow. That should be their primary concern now.

Posted via CB10
    How can you possibly think that BB10 will fly when they are not selling BB10 hardware. The "audience" is not captive, even the large corps are moving away from Blackberry. All of this recent news is causing even more hard to the brand, it has to be!
    09-30-13 07:12 AM
    How can you possibly think that BB10 will fly when they are not selling BB10 hardware. The "audience" is not captive, even the large corps are moving away from Blackberry. All of this recent news is causing even more hard to the brand, it has to be!
    agree with gregg here.

bbry [roduct are just not selling enough.

it is pretty obvious that bb7 users just moved to other platform, otherwise they would not just sell less than 5m bb10 unit in half year.
    the upgrade cycle is 2 years, half year ideallly you get 25% upgrade, 5m units are less than 10%
    09-30-13 07:49 AM
    Who said anything about flying? They don't have to fly, just have to plod along on the hardware front.

You know that BES10 supports android and ios? You know that cross platform bbm will be on android and ios and maybe desktop?

So they don't need hardware for these areas to grow. You are stuck on BlackBerry old business model.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Bernstein says they believe in PW's $9 offer. The pre-market is sketchy but below $8. I haven't been following, did they get BBM out this weekend and if they didn't do we have a release date? I see this as the only short term positive catalyst and even then just a small bump for a few sessions. The NY Times had a tough article on BBRY this weekend. That may not be helping this morning.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    09-30-13 07:58 AM
    Fin, this may be the case. All I was saying is that these are the most easily accessible, and cheapest in terms of marketing, people available to them.

The point is that the future BlackBerry does not rely on BlackBerry 7 or hardware sales to survive.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:00 AM
    agree with gregg here.

bbry [roduct are just not selling enough.

it is pretty obvious that bb7 users just moved to other platform, otherwise they would not just sell less than 5m bb10 unit in half year.
    the upgrade cycle is 2 years, half year ideallly you get 25% upgrade, 5m units are less than 10%
    I don't totally agree with you there.
    BlackBerry has a large presence in many 'emerging markets', where the concept of the upgrade cycle does not exist at all.
    The phones have been bought outright, and more often than not, they are used till they die. Certainly used for more than 3 years, on an average.
    09-30-13 08:05 AM
    Bernstein says they believe in PW's $9 offer. The pre-market is sketchy but below $8. I haven't been following, did they get BBM out this weekend and if they didn't do we have a release date? I see this as the only short term positive catalyst and even then just a small bump for a few sessions. The NY Times had a tough article on BBRY this weekend. That may not be helping this morning.
    Regarding xBBM, imo either they are way over their heads and cannot make it work (like BB10 on Playbook), or are holding it back to let the Prem deal through without the added distraction/fanfare/positive attention. Don't forget, BB said they wanted to move forward on a deal as soon as possible, BBM launching at all (successfully or unsuccessfully) would get away from that goal.
    Last edited by m0de25; 09-30-13 at 08:23 AM.
    09-30-13 08:07 AM
    Fin, this may be the case. All I was saying is that these are the most easily accessible, and cheapest in terms of marketing, people available to them.

The point is that the future BlackBerry does not rely on BlackBerry 7 or hardware sales to survive.

Posted via CB10
    I do not believe bbry has a future. BES10 has many competitions, sure it will support Andriod/iOS, so what? all other competitions support that already. BES does not have any advantage.

BBRY's most valuable assets are their cash/patents/ ~70M subscribers+security network,, maybe their land/buildings, I heard the land/properties value are appreciated a lot recently in Canada? Anyone think BBM/QNX have a bright future is just delusional fan thinking.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-30-13 08:08 AM
    markets are down today thanks to US govt bickering, the only thing that counts now is the $9 deal. so, the question is whether you like to make money from $8 to $9(plus)?
    09-30-13 08:08 AM
    I don't totally agree with you there.
    BlackBerry has a large presence in many 'emerging markets', where the concept of the upgrade cycle does not exist at all.
    The phones have been bought outright, and more often than not, they are used till they die. Certainly used for more than 3 years, on an average.
    The sales number shows the bad number is across all regions, enough said
    09-30-13 08:11 AM
    Fin, so by logic any business in a competitive environment is doomed to fail.

Sure MDM is competitive, sure the smartphone market is competitive, sure cross platform messaging is competitive.

It is the same for every single business around the world.

The competition is not the issue it is the product. Does it have a USP?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:18 AM
113,256 ... 20542055205620572058 ...