View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This thread supports the stock and opposes those that do not...Deal with it.

Posted via CB10

Edit:

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 05:35 PM
    This thread supports the stock and opposes those that do not...Deal with it.
    The thread is an inanimate thing and cannot support nor oppose anything. What you are really saying is: the clique of thread regulars who are long on BBRY oppose those who do are not perma-Polyannas in their outlook.
    rodan01 likes this.
    09-29-13 05:58 PM
    And now for something off topic but very funny... from the rehab side of CB:
    Textastrophe

Posted via CB10
    Is it possible a certain WP8 writer may get his/her stuff from there?
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-29-13 06:00 PM
    09-29-13 06:10 PM
    Is it possible a certain WP8 writer may get his/her stuff from there?
    Interestingly, their is someone here whose name, in Afrikaans, means Face Book, and might fit your 'certain WP8 writer'.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Randeman and 3 others like this.
    09-29-13 06:18 PM
    The thread is an inanimate thing and cannot support nor oppose anything. What you are really saying is: the clique of thread regulars who are long on BBRY oppose those who do are not perma-Polyannas in their outlook.
    I believe, that as long as members are abiding by the rules of CrackBerry, that is their right to do so. There is a mission statement at the outset of the thread that explains this. I've yet to see the antithesis thread created with the opposing viewpoint, unless I have missed something, somewhere. A thread with that viewpoint would probably also need to be dealt with, as it is a volatile issue.

Now, when you pit one group of people who have their beliefs, being inundated by others calling them names, mocking, or generally harassing them, conflicts will ensue. It's almost like the members one one church walking into another and telling them they are doing it wrong.

Now, we have come in and gotten most of the crew cooperating by doing their own thing, until the next troublemaker comes in and starts again. It is not necessary, there has been nothing stopping anyone who has been crossing the line to start their own thread. Instead, we get hooraw and general boorishness.

If your viewpoint differs and you still insist upon it, create the thread for the other subject and leave it be. I'd think people would be learning that by now. I do not always agree with either side, but I will support you to exercise your own beliefs in your own thread, unharrassed by people making attacks.

If these guys come into your thread and cause grief, I'd step in and deal with that, too. I hope that clarifies things just a little bit more and clears the air. Members of CrackBerry do not need to be harassed to participate in where they spend their time.
    09-29-13 07:01 PM
    Hey, you're starting to sound intelligent

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 07:05 PM
    Oh, an addendum. A thread literally is an inanimate object, until given life by the members who use it. CrackBerry has a lot of dead threads, but many of them have been 'alive' for a long time.
    09-29-13 07:18 PM
    I believe, that as long as members are abiding by the rules of CrackBerry, that is their right to do so. There is a mission statement at the outset of the thread that explains this. I've yet to see the antithesis thread created with the opposing viewpoint, unless I have missed something, somewhere. A thread with that viewpoint would probably also need to be dealt with, as it is a volatile issue.

Now, when you pit one group of people who have their beliefs, being inundated by others calling them names, mocking, or generally harassing them, conflicts will ensue. It's almost like the members one one church walking into another and telling them they are doing it wrong.

Now, we have come in and gotten most of the crew cooperating by doing their own thing, until the next troublemaker comes in and starts again. It is not necessary, there has been nothing stopping anyone who has been crossing the line to start their own thread. Instead, we get hooraw and general boorishness.

If your viewpoint differs and you still insist upon it, create the thread for the other subject and leave it be. I'd think people would be learning that by now. I do not always agree with either side, but I will support you to exercise your own beliefs in your own thread, unharrassed by people making attacks.

If these guys come into your thread and cause grief, I'd step in and deal with that, too. I hope that clarifies things just a little bit more and clears the air. Members of CrackBerry do not need to be harassed to participate in where they spend their time.
    BK, I am out of thanks for today. But, I would like to thank you for pointing out items that are plain old good manners and common decency to those who are ignorant as to how a civil society behaves.

Thank you.
    09-29-13 07:22 PM
    Well this is fun.... a bunch of people who don't agree arguing cause they've got nothing better to do.

One time baby
    09-29-13 07:45 PM
    Anyone think we'll even get a chance to see the Q3 results or will it be private by then?

One time baby
    09-29-13 07:47 PM
    To be honest, the most motivated reason for me to invest in BlackBerry is *China*.

I am so disappointed to see that it was going to be taken private at half price of book value, which is just ridiculous to me.

It was whispered before in various China Internet forums that if Chinese government wants to standardize on smartphone operating system, the only choice is BlackBerry, which I guess this is why there were rumors Lenovo was interested in BlackBerry.

China has a huge government, which is much bigger than US government. We are talking about sales of tens of millions smartphones there.

I'm so disappointed that Blackberry cannot cut a deal so far. If such a deal can happen, not only windows phone is game over, Apple is doomed too.

I am so disappointed of BlackBerry management, which cannot cut a deal with Chinese government owned giant Lenovo, instead, just sell itself at a sh***ful price.

Posted via CB10
    Korepab likes this.
    09-29-13 07:52 PM
    I'm a delusional bull so I'm still hoping for a partnership. Then we would see that third quarter report.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 07:57 PM
    I'm a delusional bull so I'm still hoping for a partnership. Then we would see that third quarter report.

Posted via CB10
    And here I sit . . . . . . waiting to be saved!
    Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    09-29-13 08:04 PM
    And here I sit . . . . . . waiting to be saved!
    Third shot of JD down. Cheers BK. Owe you a bottle of JD. I wish they had booze delivery system.
    In alberta. I know some places deliver booze.
    09-29-13 08:16 PM
    Holy crap. Now bbry is saying that it is not exiting consumer hardware.

Wtf

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:28 PM
    Holy crap. Now bbry is saying that it is not exiting consumer hardware.

Wtf

Posted via CB10
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:29 PM
    We have Alicia . . . . . . Apple has . . . . .

Martha Stewart breaks iPad, wants Apple to come and pick it up

Poornima Gupta
    SAN FRANCISCO — Reuters

Published Friday, Sep. 27 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
    Last updated Friday, Sep. 27 2013, 2:54 PM ED

Martha Stewart broke her beloved iPad. Can someone from Apple rush over and fix it? She’s waiting.

Stewart, the doyen of home products who parlayed her image as America’s household guru into a multi-billion dollar empire, took to Twitter to vent about her shattered tablet, which she says Apple Inc. co-founder Steve Jobs gave her.

She is upset that the company has not sent anyone yet to pick it up for fixing, as per the tweet.

“I am still waiting for an apple rep to come pick up my IPad. No action yey (sic),” she tweeted to her nearly 2.9 million followers on Thursday, a day after breaking the device.

“I just dropped my iPad on the ground and shattered two glass corners. What to do?does one call Apple to come and pick it up or do I take it?,” she tweeted on Wednesday.

Her litany of tweets elicited predictable jokes on Twitter, many of which made fun of her expectation that someone would come retrieve the tablet.

Consumers have to take their iPads to an Apple store to have it fixed or exchanged, depending on the warranty. Many third party vendors also repair broken screens.

Hours after expressing her disappointment with Apple, Stewart tweeted about a business idea she had.

“Maybe I have had a good entrepreneurial idea? Apple Now? Like same day delivery from Amazon? I think I am on to something. Same day fixit!!!”

Stewart, founder and director of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc, has a vast multimedia empire and can be seen regularly on television imparting tips on home decoration, cooking and gardening. Her eponymous brand -- on products such as cookware, bedsheets and home decor -- is among the more popular tags in department store Macy’s Inc.

Earlier this year, Macy’s and rival retailer JC Penney fought in court to exclusively sell her products.

At one point, she appeared to calm down and dismiss her outburst as a joke.

“So is it time to put out the fires and admit I was just pissed off at the fact my precious ipad shattered and I wanted to make light of it??” she said.

But Stewart’s tweets then appeared to draw the ire of Apple public relations unit. She tweeted later on Thursday: “i cannot believe that Apple Public Relations is mad at me for tweeting about my Ipad and how to get it fixed! steve jobs gave it to me!”

“i wish i could explain everything here on twitter about the broken IPad, the stolen IPhone, the silly joke about repairs and my frustration!”

She then vowed to deal with the issue silently, but her tweets already had gone viral and provoked responses across the Twitter-verse.

A representative for Martha Stewart declined to comment, while an Apple spokeswoman did not return a call seeking comment.
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-29-13 08:38 PM
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    Man we're slipping in this thread. 2 day old news now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=854641

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and take99 like this.
    09-29-13 08:54 PM
    More thoughts from Prem Watsa.

Fairfax’s Prem Watsa: ‘Emotional’ market underestimates BlackBerry

TARA PERKINS
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Sunday, Sep. 29 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
    Last updated Sunday, Sep. 29 2013, 9:17 PM EDT

When the outlook for Bank of Ireland looked grim in the spring of 2011, a Canadian white knight, who’s making headlines again these days, rode in to save the lender from state control.

Ireland’s real estate market had imploded about three years earlier, sending the country’s banking sector into a tailspin. Prices of homes and commercial property had fallen by half from their peak. The government was restructuring the banking sector to stave off collapse, and bailouts strained public coffers.

A shareholder pelted the Bank of Ireland’s top brass with eggs at the company’s annual meeting in June, 2011. The bank’s shares, which traded near €12 in early 2007, were closer to 11 euro-cents by early July. The Irish government already owned more than one-third of the bank and it looked like it was going to have to take control.

CEO Richie Boucher, prodded by the government, worked to keep the bank from becoming a ward of the state. On July 17, in a piece headlined “Poor old Richie,” the Sunday Times said “the chances of the bank raising €1.9-billion in new equity, and staying out of state control, range from slim to impossible.”

Within 10 days of that report, Fairfax Financial Corp., with a consortium of investors, agreed to inject about €1.1-billion ($1.5-billion Canadian at the time) into the lender, Ireland’s oldest bank. The 35-per-cent stake that they bought helped Bank of Ireland emerge as the country’s only lender to avoid nationalization. The deal was done for ten cents per share, and the stock has since more than doubled.

Mr. Watsa brings up the Bank of Ireland scenario to explain why he sees value in BlackBerry, and why he has no doubt that Fairfax will be able to pull off its preliminary $9-per-share bid for the troubled Waterloo, Ont.-based company.

While there are few similarities between a bank established by Royal Charter in the eighteenth century and an IT firm born in the 1980s, both had important roles in the economies of their respective countries and both were buffeted by industry upheavals that only the most prescient investors saw coming. Mr. Watsa, more than most other financiers, is willing to look at the bigger picture.

“I’m not underestimating their short-term problems,” he said in an interview. “I’m just saying to you that these things happen all the time. Richie Boucher told me that no one would lend the country of Ireland any money – forget the Bank of Ireland.”

Mr. Watsa, who keeps an analyst report in his office from the late 1990s that predicts that Apple could go bankrupt, is not gambling on returning BlackBerry to its glory days. He’s gambling on it being in a better position in the future than it is now.

“It’s a good company, it’s a good product. Otherwise nothing could help it,” he says. “Can it compete in the consumer market with Apple and Samsung and the Android? No, we think that’s very tough. But in the enterprise market they’ve got huge advantages.”

Fairfax and its unnamed potential equity partners have been given six weeks for due diligence on BlackBerry, and Mr. Watsa says a final offer will be presented by Nov. 4.

It was during a Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting in 2010 that Mr. Watsa, dubbed “Canada’s Warren Buffet,” met the person who would put Bank of Ireland on Mr. Watsa’s radar: Bill McMorrow, founder of Beverly Hills-based real estate firm Kennedy Wilson. In 2011, as the Irish bank foundered, Mr. McMorrow was negotiating to buy some real estate loans from the lender. He let Mr. Watsa know that he was impressed with Mr. Boucher, which prompted Mr. Watsa to follow up.

“We had a very, very tight timeframe to work with the government to get a deal,” Mr. Boucher recalls.

“I had a long conversation with Prem, talked about the company and what we were trying to do,” he says. “He said he’d like to think about it. We had another conference call for about four hours on the Saturday, and he rang me back in the afternoon and said that himself and his colleagues were coming over on Sunday...

“We could see very quickly, because we’d been talking to a number of people, that they were very experienced at doing due diligence,” Mr. Boucher says. “They pulled in resources from other people they knew to do specialized due diligence.”

“[Prem Watsa] said at the time, and to be honest I didn’t believe him, he said he could bring in some very heavyweight investors if the idea was good enough,” says Denis Donovan, a senior executive at Bank of Ireland. “And he was absolutely right.”

U.S. private equity funds and others had been looking at the bank, but most wanted the Irish government to backstop any potential investment to reduce their risk.

Mr. Watsa had Canadian Western Bank help with the due diligence, and over a period of about two weeks a team of people combed through the bank’s loan books and questioned its credit officers. The team came away believing that the bank, which had modeled its property portfolio based on Nevada’s property meltdown, had taken larger writedowns than even a worst-case scenario would have warranted.

Billionaire investor Wilbur Ross, known for turning around troubled companies, had already been active in the Irish banking sector, and Fairfax reached out to him. Together, the two groups sought out Fidelity Investments and the Capital Group, and the investment was made.

“Can you imagine that at 10 cents no one wanted it?” Mr. Watsa says. “Everyone who had put money into the Bank of Ireland until that time had lost money.”

“The market’s very emotional,” he adds. “You’ll find huge optimism when everything’s going well, huge pessimism when things are not working out as well. And what we say is the truth is in between.”

“If you read the press and you read these analysts, it looks like [BlackBerry] is going bankrupt. And five years ago it looked like RIM controlled the world. And both views are wrong. It wasn’t one, we found out, and we’re suggesting to you with humility that the second one is wrong.“

Mr. Watsa claims BlackBerry’s customers are jittery because its fate is uncertain, but will feel more confident and start buying more once the deal is done.

“What we’re doing here is simply doing our due diligence to figure out what’s needed to finance it over the long term, and then raising the money to have a capital structure that will help the company over the long term,” Mr. Watsa says, adding that the company won’t have too much debt.

“We want BlackBerry to survive for a long time,” he says. “Which means that it needs to have a very sound capital structure, and we’re going to focus on making sure that that takes place.”
    09-29-13 09:05 PM
    Man we're slipping in this thread. 2 day old news now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=854641

Posted via CB10
    Thanks... hard to keep up.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-29-13 09:22 PM
    Thanks... hard to keep up.

Posted via CB10
    TWSS...
    09-29-13 10:31 PM
    TWSS...
    Well played

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    09-29-13 10:41 PM
    Well played

Posted via CB10
    I try to keep a reasonable sense of humor, it helps me keep from getting down on things.
    09-29-13 10:52 PM
    i don't mind hearing the opposing view points, it is good to challenge your view point and the best way to do this is to throw ideas around.

Kind of like a Christian and and atheist. If a Christian only talks to Christians he will never even contemplate the possibility of God not existing.

I think what us bulls do not appreciate is when someone comes along and says something rediculous like "BBRY is going to 0" or personally attacking people for their viewpoint. If you are going to get involved in the discussion back your opposing viewpoint up with something so we can discuss in more detail. statements like are of no use to either bulls or bears.

The thing that confuses me is that all of the bears are trying to convince us that BBRY is in tough spot. We know, BBRY knows, infact BBRY knew a couple of years ago hence why they have this plan in place. The real question is, is this the right plan? Is it being executed correctly?

As for those arguing about TA. Some people think it has value, some people dont. Let's leave it at that. Those quoting Morgan, when he said y that we were going to break out. Some things you should remember:

1) it was always made clear that news > TA.
    2) TA only tries to represent a range which the stock has a high probability of trading in.
    3) They stated many times that for example, Penant formations have a 75% chance to break to the upside, guess what, that leaves 25% chance to the downside.

based on all of this people should not be surprised when were about to "breakout" and a news article comes out stating that demand is weak and there are more returns than purchases that stock breaks to the downside. This follows exactly what was said; penant can break to the downside, News trumps TA.
    09-30-13 01:13 AM
113,256 ... 20532054205520562057 ...