View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Nah, that might sound good in theory, but could give us a bigger problem to deal with. They keep hamming, we keep banning. And the world still goes 'round. Send the reports, and ignore the troublemakers. Quoting them just makes the cleanup take longer.
    Thanks BK. I wanted the IP addresses so I could send a friend of mine to pay them a social call. LoL
    BergerKing and sidhuk like this.
    09-27-13 05:04 PM
    when the share price was up the bulls sure were arrogant and abusive and anyone who had a difference of opinion was ganged up on and shouted down. now that the share price is in the gutter at ~$8 all of a sudden none of the bulls want to be here supposedly because of the "trolls". the silence is deafening. what happened to all of the bullish charts and pontifications??????
    raysgrumpy, techvisor and chr1sny like this.
    09-27-13 05:14 PM
    when the share price was up the bulls sure were arrogant and abusive and anyone who had a difference of opinion was ganged up on and shouted down. now that the share price is in the gutter at ~$8 all of a sudden none of the bulls want to be here supposedly because of the "trolls". funny.
    Yes, I saw that too.
    But I think I understand this is a bb fans's website, so I guess it is understandable.

Actually this is the board for bbry stock, not bb device. It truly need both negative and positive opinions.

If you look back, some of the "respected" fans really mislead other forum members with their delusional posts like "BBM worth $5", "QNX is huge",...
    09-27-13 05:23 PM
    It's my anniversary so I might have to miss that one. :-)
    Hope you had a good evening.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-27-13 05:26 PM
    It is poor character to ridicule others misfortune. Let's be above that. If they bait you, then take the high ground.

This is a public forum. Let's behave like adults at a dinner table and not like teenagers behind avatars during frosh week.

when the share price was up the bulls sure were arrogant and abusive and anyone who had a difference of opinion was ganged up on and shouted down. now that the share price is in the gutter at ~$8 all of a sudden none of the bulls want to be here supposedly because of the "trolls". the silence is deafening. what happened to all of the bullish charts and pontifications??????
    09-27-13 05:33 PM
    takes two to tango, he may want to pay $2, but it might not be for sale for that...do you think the BB share holders will approve $7?
    Exactly. It takes a buyer and a seller to make a deal. I don't think BB shareholders will approve $9 let alone $7.
    09-27-13 05:50 PM
    I think those who posted year for months with contrarian bear views are the real heroes of the thread. They have surely saved many retail investors hundreds of thousands of dollars, despite no monetary interest themselves.

The thread title, which we are often pointed to, is a call to action for inexperienced people to invest in blackberry. At least 600 people answered the call, and most of these people would be under water now. Hopefully an even larger number of people were turned away from investing by the few posters who brought real data to the thread, like market share data, and challenged bogus data.

I have no experience in investing, but I have a lot of smartphone industry experience, writing for a phone site, and it was pretty clear BB was doomed, mainly due to their high prices. If they had priced their new phones at the same level as their old they would have had a chance, but this was in the end their biggest mistake.

The problem in the end was arrogance, something which was also evident in the supporters of the company. We have still not come to the point of humility from either.
    09-27-13 05:53 PM
    I think those who posted year for months with contrarian bear views are the real heroes of the thread. They have surely saved many retail investors hundreds of thousands of dollars, despite no monetary interest themselves.

The thread title, which we are often pointed to, is a call to action for inexperienced people to invest in blackberry. At least 600 people answered the call, and most of these people would be under water now. Hopefully an even larger number of people were turned away from investing by the few posters who brought real data to the thread, like market share data, and challenged bogus data.

I have no experience in investing, but I have a lot of smartphone industry experience, writing for a phone site, and it was pretty clear BB was doomed, mainly due to their high prices. If they had priced their new phones at the same level as their old they would have had a chance, but this was in the end their biggest mistake.

The problem in the end was arrogance, something which was also evident in the supporters of the company. We have still not come to the point of humility from either.
    You're a true hero sir.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 06:19 PM
    This made my Friday...you sir are a genuine superhero here to save us from the evils of statcounter. I salute you. Your tights are in the mail.

09-27-13 06:33 PM
    agree with the last one.
    09-27-13 06:37 PM

"I have no experience in investing", where would we be without you?
    09-27-13 06:48 PM
    poor you, keep up the whining
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    09-27-13 06:49 PM
    It is poor character to ridicule others misfortune. Let's be above that. If they bait you, then take the high ground.

This is a public forum. Let's behave like adults at a dinner table and not like teenagers behind avatars during frosh week.
    i think you missed my point. it's the share price that killed "that loving feeling" of this thread - not the alleged trolls.

techvisor likes this.
    09-27-13 06:52 PM
    agree with the last one.
    With all due respect fin, many of us posted stating we were wrong. Many lost money. Many are trying to see if there is a future. Many don't want to realize their loss yet. I don't know what kind of humility is needed but an outright "I was wrong" is enough for me. Do I see it as a mistake? Not really. I learned a lesson and it cost me some. I'm not in the hole nearly as much as others so I have nothing but feelings of remorse for those that it hit hard. And I would have to say the some of the biggest losses from retail investors were not on this thread, nor ever heard of it. I feel for them too.

Now to be fair, going into the June ER, even the biggest of bear camps had expected a small profit from BB. I was thinking it would be somewhere in the middle of the big bull and the big bears. That, I think, was a logical standpoint.

Now where the problem lay, was the attitude of the bears and opposing views that came in here. None were really trying to take part in the conversation. I will use CGK and OMGitworks as an example of opposing viewpoints that are welcome. (CGK by me more than others but that's because he changed his posting style to be better received). The people here are not opposed to differing ideas, but opposed to condecention and being called morons and worse for investing in a company that we truly believed would turn itself around. Heck, they had close to 60% institutional ownership. They must all be morons and stupid and not know anything either right? They only handle billions of investors dollars.

Then there's the day of the ER, and last Friday... nothing but a flood of new or very infrequent posters, flooding this page with mocking and "I told you so" comments. That is what did it for me. An all out attack on those of us who lost money.

Win some, lose some, but don't call me a loser for making a decision and being wrong.
    09-27-13 06:56 PM
    It's my anniversary so I might have to miss that one. :-)
    congrats! you'll have to play this for the wife. it's good old school "baby making music" -

Kid Vibe likes this.
    09-27-13 07:07 PM
    Lesson from Blackberry for Board Members, Executives, and Shareholders: "Don't let 'great' be the enemy of good." Here's what I mean...

By 2009, Blackberry had essentially lost the Smartphone battle. They felt some pressure and decided, in 2010, to purchase QNX and build their own OS. They should have chosen to support Android and iOS and compete in other elements of the industry (MDM, Messaging Apps), but they chose instead to 'go for gold' and build their own OS and platform. That decision led to all sorts of knock on effects...OS struggles, delays in release, delays in building an ecosystem, lost legacy customers, etc, etc.

What might the future have looked like...Blackberry releases BBM cross-platform in 2009 and it becomes "the messaging" platform for mobile. By this point, they would have added payment functionality and other cool, monkey making services. Second, they could have opened their MDM solution to iOS and Android. They would have crushed Mobile Iron, Good and Airwatch. Had they done this, Blackberry would easily be trading over $30 a share.

Ultimately, this decision would have required Blackberry to 'manage their ambitions' so they were better in line with their capabilities and opportunities. This is a hard lesson - everyone wants to win, but it takes great business judgement to 'give up quick' and find another spot to compete.
    09-27-13 07:15 PM
    Very interesting hearing Prem discuss how he will not bid under 9, yet the market still disagrees... Hmm... The question is, will Prem go against his word and risk his reputation for the almighty loonie... Otherwise its a no-brainer to buy now and wait until 9. Unfortunately, my balls of steel are shattered and have no desire to re-invest. I hope though another bid comes up...
    09-27-13 07:20 PM
    Wait. Is Prems offer in us or Canadian dollars?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:34 PM
    poor you, keep up the whining
    Over and over again, you "regulars" say that it's not the message, but the tone that the poster conveys that is important. I mentioned yesterday that the double standard here is ridiculous. The condescending, snarky and rude comments from the "regular" posters are completely ignored on this thread and they complain vehemently when someone disagrees with them and doesn't obey the "code of honor" on this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-27-13 07:42 PM
    Best I can wrote after these - hopefully cleaned - pages is : have a nice weekend, buddies.

Thanks for all the messages I received. It's sad this thread turns out to a battlefield.
    I have no word strong enough to warmly salute the regulars here (bulls or bears, my ignore list is empty).

I'm here and read. Hard times. Not for BBRY. For my perception of the human nature. Tomorrow's just another day, I presume.

Cheers,
    Peace,
    Love
    And carry on.

P.S: and add 1K thanks to the mods dedicated almost full time to this space. We had balls, they have incredible patience and goodwill. Hats off, buddies, I'm truly impressed.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:44 PM
    Wait. Is Prems offer in us or Canadian dollars?

Posted via CB10
    9 US actually...
    09-27-13 07:45 PM
    Lesson from Blackberry for Board Members, Executives, and Shareholders: "Don't let 'great' be the enemy of good." Here's what I mean...

By 2009, Blackberry had essentially lost the Smartphone battle. They felt some pressure and decided, in 2010, to purchase QNX and build their own OS. They should have chosen to support Android and iOS and compete in other elements of the industry (MDM, Messaging Apps), but they chose instead to 'go for gold' and build their own OS and platform. That decision led to all sorts of knock on effects...OS struggles, delays in release, delays in building an ecosystem, lost legacy customers, etc, etc.

What might the future have looked like...Blackberry releases BBM cross-platform in 2009 and it becomes "the messaging" platform for mobile. By this point, they would have added payment functionality and other cool, monkey making services. Second, they could have opened their MDM solution to iOS and Android. They would have crushed Mobile Iron, Good and Airwatch. Had they done this, Blackberry would easily be trading over $30 a share.

Ultimately, this decision would have required Blackberry to 'manage their ambitions' so they were better in line with their capabilities and opportunities. This is a hard lesson - everyone wants to win, but it takes great business judgement to 'give up quick' and find another spot to compete.
    Now that you already know the outcome It looks like an easy decision, but back then it wasn't obvious. It's like asking Microsoft to give up with Windows 8 and adopt Android.
    09-27-13 07:49 PM
    Now that you already know the outcome It looks like an easy decision, but back then it wasn't obvious. It's like asking Microsoft to give up with Windows 8 and adopt Android.
    Actually I see a great fit here for google to take over bbry for about $11 per share.

1. Google can merge the security technology into Andriod, and maybe BBM too, the BES server could have some big potential under google too if it can manage Andriod devices easily.

2. Google also open its app store to BB10 OS to solve the app issue to sell the rest BB phones.

At $11 per share(about 3.5B total cost minus the cash), I do not see how google could lose here.
    09-27-13 08:03 PM
    i think you missed my point. it's the share price that killed "that loving feeling" of this thread - not the alleged trolls.
    Our "misfortune" with the stock have never turned to anger against any of the regulars. I may say it has been the opposite sometimes.
    We can be sad, we can be furious, but this has not been aimed to anyone but ourself.

And not a second we had personal anger.We are/were in the same boat, facing the storm.

Still, some random and unknown guys came and enjoyed soaping the deck. I'm not sure why, I'm not calling troll, I'm just amazed how persistent they are.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:09 PM
    Actually I see a great fit here for google to take over bbry for about $11 per share.

1. Google can merge the security technology into Andriod, and maybe BBM too, the BES server could have some big potential under google too if it can manage Andriod devices easily.

2. Google also open its app store to BB10 OS to solve the app issue to sell the rest BB phones.

At $11 per share(about 3.5B total cost minus the cash), I do not see how google could lose here.
    1. it's trading at $8, Watsa has a "bid" at $9, why would Google pay $11? charity?
    2. BB "security"/BBM/BES is not as magical or valuable as you think it is.
    3. "Google also open its app store to BB10 OS to solve the app issue to sell the rest BB phones." - HUH? WTF would they do this? WTF would they want BB devices in the first place?

some of these comments here have become nonsensical, ludicrous, and just plain fantastical.
    09-27-13 08:13 PM
113,256 ... 20452046204720482049 ...