View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    SentimentGX4, well said. BBRY has always been high risk.. People comment without high risk there cannot be high reward. People seem to forget the other side of high risk being high losses. The stock market humbles the Pros and the Joes. The first cardinal sin of investing is becoming emotionally attached to your stock pick.

Everyone should have a disciplined exit strategy when things work against you....
    09-26-13 05:42 PM
    SentimentGX4, well said. BBRY has always been high risk.. People comment without high risk there cannot be high reward. People seem to forget the other side of high risk being high losses. The stock market humbles the Pros and the Joes. The first cardinal sin of investing is becoming emotionally attached to your stock pick.

Everyone should have a disciplined exit strategy when things work against you....
    People on this thread are acting as if the writing hasn't been on the wall for months now. Confirmation bias at its worst was on display around here and still appears to be lingering.
    09-26-13 05:51 PM
    BlackBerry, hubris and the curse of being clever

Meanwhile, in the U.S., Lazaridis and Balsillie were being portrayed as Canadian chuckleheads who were missing opportunity after opportunity to keep their company's stock out of the dumper. Unfettered by the boosterism to the north, U.S. bloggers and podcasters have been predicting the demise of BlackBerry for years. Its tablet, the Playbook, was savaged when it was introduced in 2011 -- sans email, sans calendar and sans a hope in hell of unseating the iPad. And Lazaridis didn't help things by bizarre appearances on the BBC, during a 2011 earnings call, and at that year's Dive Into Mobile conference.
    In each, he comes off as a delusional and defensive gearhead completely out of touch with where the market is headed and what average consumers really wanted. And that need was being admirably filled by Apple, Samsung, Google and a host of Android-powered smartphones that just kept getting better and better. The U.S. media may have been cruel to BlackBerry and Lazaridis, but they were cruelly honest. In fact anyone outside the echo chamber of Canadian "CrackBerry" users could see how the RIM/BlackBerry story would end. And, today, in a market clearly dominated by large touchscreens, BlackBerry has released the Q10, a physical keyboard phone with a 720x720 screen that is laughable as a mobile computer compared to the HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5S.
    Could BlackBerry have turned itself around? Maybe if it hadn't been so engineering-driven, prideful and market-aware. Maybe, if the Canadian media had called it to account far sooner for producing phones the market no longer cared about. Maybe if it had understood the dramatic and disruptive innovation of the iPhone. But I doubt it. It's often the case that the curse of being smart is that you think you're smart about everything. And that hubris has led to 4,500 Canadians looking for work. Clever. Hmm. How's that working out for you?

BlackBerry, hubris and the curse of being clever | rabble.ca
    rbenchley likes this.
    09-26-13 05:56 PM
    And the trolls continue to not get it, it's never been about who was right or wrong, or who had opposing viewpoints, it was a all in the delivery of those viewpoints. And cj is correct, the trolls have ruined the thread.
    09-26-13 05:56 PM
    And the trolls continue to not get it, it's never been about who was right or wrong, or who had opposing viewpoints, it was a all in the delivery of those viewpoints. And cj is correct, the trolls have ruined the thread.
    no i think this "ruined" the thread for you all -

BlackBerry - BBRY - Stock Quotes
    09-26-13 06:02 PM
    The title of this tread is "I support BBRY and I buy shares ! ", but some prefer to interpret the words to something else. Don't consider the ability to read as a given, or to listen in a logical dispassionate way but stranger things can exist.
    09-26-13 06:08 PM
    You say it's about presentation and not content but who was quicker to label people "isheep" or trolls? The longs were way more disrespectful to the shorts on this thread than vice versa but you can continue to believe it wasn't the substance you had a problem with.
    rodan01 likes this.
    09-26-13 06:12 PM
    what's everyone's stock price prediction after earnings release tomorrow? my guess is down another 20% to $6.40.
    09-26-13 06:14 PM
    Dravonian --
    So what stocks do you support and buy shares in? Let's catch back up in two weeks....

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:21 PM
    Thanks for making my point
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-26-13 06:22 PM
    Dravonian --
    So what stocks do you support and buy shares in? Let's catch back up in two weeks....

Posted via CB10
    the key to investing is "knowing what you don't know". in other words - don't gamble on individual stocks and don't try to time the market. don't think that you are smarter than the market.
    09-26-13 06:34 PM
    the key to investing is "knowing what you don't know". in other words - don't gamble on individual stocks and don't try to time the market. don't think that you are smarter than the market.
    Curious on what is your portfolio comprised of?
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    09-26-13 06:36 PM
    Curious on what is your portfolio comprised of?
    S&P 500 Index Funds. i like Vanguard (USA) but for you canadians they have an affiliate offering an S&P 500 ETF.

https://www.vanguardcanada.ca/indivi...tm?portId=9563
    09-26-13 06:39 PM
    Attachment 205550

Today's chart action was very interesting. We tested new lows, but bounced off the support level, and closed higher than we opened. The pennant could break either higher or lower. There is also a clear head and shoulders forming, suggesting we are setting up for a massive reversal tomorrow.
    Is this a joke? It opened at $8, and closed at $7.95. You mock at others' misery still.
    09-26-13 06:46 PM
    No real investor will ever tell you. And anyone who does will confirm the first part. Of course there's many investors who will tell you what they are doing,but they will tell you the opposite of what they actually did. Anyone who's become rich in the markets will learn to keep their mouths closed. Because unless u buy and sell every stock they have at the same.time they won't do well. And you learn to lose friends quickly when they pester you for a "tip" and look at you sideways the next time they see you when it took a dive and they panicked or in many cases u will have some stocks that just tank. That's why I wonder why some are so gung go in the wake of massive loses and keep the same story. I don't know them but I know what that can mean.

Posted via CB10
    i disagree. nothing secret or complicated or fancy here - it's very simple. the S&P 500 historical return is 10.4% annually including dividends. there will be ups and downs but over a long period of time the index should revert to this historical mean return. why try to beat the market when almost all professionals fail to consistently do so? why not just ride the market up over time investing in a low cost index fund or ETF? it's no get rich quick scheme but if you contribute regularly, reinvest dividends, and never touch it - you will get rich. slow and steady wins the race - but only invest money that you will not touch for 10-20+ years. buy an index fund, set up a regular auto investment into it, and get on with your life. you're buying 500 large diversified companies. and you never have to sweat an earnings report again.
    09-26-13 06:48 PM
    Reasonable point of view and I can't disagree with it. Also, you are not the first to recommend vanguard to me. Unfortunately, it would be too boring for me.

I may go broke in the process, but I want to feel in control of my investment, personal preference I guess. I lost this one big, but my 401k is for security.

Stuff I'm invested in: GM(short), AMZN(short), AMD, EGO, WDO, DTO, WFM, UGAZ (today)

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    09-26-13 06:58 PM
    I've been watching this thread with much curiosity and would like to continue watching but the theme of this thread has gone awry.

Hopefully emotions can be reigned in before the mods put this on time out again. I hate posting but don't want to see this thread shut down.

Investing predictions are interesting because you can see whether you're right or wrong; i'd love to see how this story continues to unfold and who prevails.
    morganplus8, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    09-26-13 06:58 PM
    Reasonable point of view and I can't disagree with it. Also, you are not the first to recommend vanguard to me. Unfortunately, it would be too boring for me.

I may go broke in the process, but I want to feel in control of my investment, personal preference I guess. I lost this one big, but my 401k is for security.

Stuff I'm invested in: GM(short), AMZN(short), AMD, EGO, WDO, DTO, WFM, UGAZ (today)

Posted via CB10
    "Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas." - Paul Samuelson
    the_sleuth and rbenchley like this.
    09-26-13 07:00 PM
    Have you learned nothing from this entire experience? If anything, the longs in this thread owe apologies. Calling others trolls thereby dismissing valid viewpoints is what led to your paper losses.

Furthermore, what about all those poor reporters Crackberry fans brutalized? Have you ever even thought of apologizing to them for hijacking their Twitters and blogs? They're the real victims.

Knowing when to accept the fact that you are wrong is a very important part of investing. You will never be applauded for investing in BBRY. It was a bad decision.

If you can't accept that it was a bad decision and that there will always be individuals looking down on you for it, then it's best to separate yourself from Blackberry and move on. Crackberry is as friendly as it gets.
    Some guys should apologize to James Faucette and other analyst and reporters they harassed.
    09-26-13 07:05 PM
    I've been watching this thread with much curiosity and would like to continue watching but the theme of this thread has gone awry.

Hopefully emotions can be reigned in before the mods put this on time out again. I hate posting but don't want to see this thread shut down.

Investing predictions are interesting because you can see whether you're right or wrong; i'd love to see how this story continues to unfold and who prevails.
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    09-26-13 07:06 PM

Is there still a question who prevailed between the shorts and the longs.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-26-13 07:06 PM
    The title of this tread is "I support BBRY and I buy shares ! ", but some prefer to interpret the words to something else. Don't consider the ability to read as a given, or to listen in a logical dispassionate way but stranger things can exist.
    Interesting....so all the "regulars" that routinely talked about vacations, cars, beaches, getting drunk and made overtly crude and sexual comments were sticking to the strict guidelines of this thread? Give me a break. The double standard here was sickening. The regulars on this thread are proving how thin skinned they are by dropping out and calling people trolls.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    chr1sny and techvisor like this.
    09-26-13 07:09 PM
    I can't argue with many of the points being brought up, I personally will admit that I was wrong about investing into BBRY...

But please, have a look at the BBM pin exchange threads for a second. At a quick glance, I see "Gay & Bisexual BBM Group", "Brand new steamy group18+ xxx nsfw", "Russian Language BBM Group Fluent and Beginners Come and Join! "

I'm neither of these things, I don't have an issue with any of them. Although I kind of wish I could join the steamy group18+ thing, I know perfectly well that I won't be welcome there. I don't join the Russian Language BBM group because I can read the title and realize I don't qualify as a non-Russian speaking dude.

See where I'm going with this? No one asked you guys to come on this thread and evangelize.
    09-26-13 07:31 PM
    I can't argue with many of the points being brought up, I personally will admit that I was wrong about investing into BBRY...

But please, have a look at the BBM pin exchange threads for a second. At a quick glance, I see "Gay & Bisexual BBM Group", "Brand new steamy group18+ xxx nsfw", "Russian Language BBM Group Fluent and Beginners Come and Join! "

I'm neither of these things, I don't have an issue with any of them. Although I kind of wish I could join the steamy group18+ thing, I know perfectly well that I won't be welcome there. I don't join the Russian Language BBM group because I can read the title and realize I don't qualify as a non-Russian speaking dude.

See where I'm going with this? No one asked you guys to come on this thread and evangelize.
    we need a formal invitation in order to comment? we are not welcome if we have a contrarian view?
    09-26-13 07:36 PM
    Retreat men, retreat!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:38 PM
113,252 ... 20362037203820392040 ...