View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Except it seems that people around here keep failing to grasp the obvious. Specifically that the letter of intent as of now has not set a guaranteed floor for the price.
    Some might say its a ceiling.... The market certainly doesn't believe $9/share is going to happen anytime soon. We shall see.......
    09-26-13 02:52 PM
    nothing is guaranteed, this is the stock market...everybody knows whats up
    Everybody? Hardly.
    09-26-13 02:59 PM
    My portfolio now is very small ($1000 only) so I don't see much sense of diversifying it at this point. I'll play high-risk/high-reward stocks until I am able to get to $5,000. If I lose it all, I'd start again with $1,000.

But once I get to $5K, I'll diversify my portfolio. 50% for index and 50% for high-risk/high-reward. Any additional capital will also be split same way - 50% will go to index and 50% will go to high-risk/high-reward pool.
    In other words, you're going to continue to make serious errors in your money management approach?
    09-26-13 03:02 PM
    In other words, you're going to continue to make serious errors in your money management approach?
    I wouldn't say there is a set standard approach of managing it. Or mismanaging it.
    Every method can work. It depends on the execution.

For example, if you consistently pick winners, it doesn't matter whether all your eggs are in a basket, or in a penny stock.
    bungaboy, m0de25, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-26-13 03:13 PM
    Thanks M+8 for your past assistance. I hope that you're correct in your assessment of FF's Letter of Intent. Your knowledge here has been most informative and level headed. GL
    09-26-13 03:15 PM
    A little reminder from Kevin at Crackberry - think back in time...

"Apple layoffs: Painful but necessary" | CrackBerry.com

Probably doesn't mean anything...then again, maybe it does...
    It is not easy to find a steve jobs any where. Even with Steve Jobs, he could not win back the personal computer market.

However, I would agree if bbry find some competent CxOs, and slim the corp enough, bbry share price may see $20 or high some day in the future, but it is a big "if".

And now nobody has the patient.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-26-13 03:16 PM
    A little reminder from Kevin at Crackberry - think back in time...

"Apple layoffs: Painful but necessary" | CrackBerry.com

Probably doesn't mean anything...then again, maybe it does...
    Means nothing, nothing at all - Apple were atypical and it via a combination of circumstances that are virtually impossible to happen again.
    09-26-13 03:18 PM
    Face-off between bull vs. bear on financing deal:

What's ahead for BlackBerry? - CNBC
    Randeman likes this.
    09-26-13 03:18 PM
    oh, you want to baby sit other people on their finances?
    09-26-13 03:25 PM
    What time do they drop the earnings release tomorrow?
    09-26-13 03:34 PM
    What time do they drop the earnings release tomorrow?

7am
    09-26-13 03:38 PM
    It is not easy to find a steve jobs any where. Even with Steve Jobs, he could not win back the personal computer market.

However, I would agree if bbry find some competent CxOs, and slim the corp enough, bbry share price may see $20 or high some day in the future, but it is a big "if".

And now nobody has the patient.
    NOT going to happen.

Once Fairfax gets control.... what do they do? I think the Cash is being leverage in the buyout... right? Revenues are falling each quarter.

They would need additional investments to rebuild - or they would need to start cannibalizing the company. Once that starts....
    09-26-13 03:50 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chart.jpg

Today's chart action was very interesting. We tested new lows, but bounced off the support level, and closed higher than we opened. The pennant could break either higher or lower. There is also a clear head and shoulders forming, suggesting we are setting up for a massive reversal tomorrow.
    cgk, notfanboy, rodan01 and 1 others like this.
    09-26-13 04:00 PM
    I wouldn't say there is a set standard approach of managing it. Or mismanaging it.
    Every method can work. It depends on the execution.

For example, if you consistently pick winners, it doesn't matter whether all your eggs are in a basket, or in a penny stock.
    Unfortunately, you'd be wrong. There are plenty of allocation models that are flat out wrong. This young person posted earlier that he had invested his entire stake, 3 years of savings, in long BBRY calls and lost it all. That's blatant mismanagement.

He had this phrase in his head, 'high risk high reward', but he doesn't understand pot odds.

Believe it or not, I don't want this young guy to keep making bad mistakes. He might think I'm an ***** today, but it might stick in his mind.
    johnyblaze likes this.
    09-26-13 04:01 PM
    Unfortunately, you'd be wrong. There are plenty of allocation models that are flat out wrong. This young person posted earlier that he had invested his entire stake, 3 years of savings, in long BBRY calls and lost it all. That's blatant mismanagement.

He had this phrase in his head, 'high risk high reward', but he doesn't understand pot odds.

Believe it or not, I don't want this young guy to keep making bad mistakes. He might think I'm an ***** today, but it might stick in his mind.
    everybody is entitled to make their own decisions. better not give financial advice as an anonymous avatar, are you kidding?
    cjcampbell, take99, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-26-13 04:07 PM
    Still watching from the sidelines, I'm interested to see the reaction of the stock tomorrow after ER.
    09-26-13 04:08 PM
    Alright trolls.. you win. You've successfully ruined a long time and consistent thread. Well done. I think you all owe SuperFly and CB an apology. I sincerely hope your social skills in the real world are far superior to what you've demonstrated here.
    09-26-13 04:10 PM
    Your gift was any price above $9 on Monday. Watsa is not going to raise his price. Why?
    JPM searched for strategic partners for over a year and all of them passed (yes, light bulb should go off here)

What longs need now is for Carl Icahn to enter here to ruffle feathers for higher bid.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chart.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	205550

Today's chart action was very interesting. We tested new lows, but bounced off the support level, and closed higher than we opened. The pennant could break either higher or lower. There is also a clear head and shoulders forming, suggesting we are setting up for a massive reversal tomorrow.
    09-26-13 04:16 PM
    Alright trolls.. you win. You've successfully ruined a long time and consistent thread. Well done. I think you all owe SuperFly and CB an apology. I sincerely hope your social skills in the real world are far superior to what you've demonstrated here.
    That's really too bad. I am going uninstall CB10 after work today and planing to step away from this for couple days.
    Have a good evening guys and see on the other side.
    abouthsu, sidhuk, Randeman and 1 others like this.
    09-26-13 04:17 PM
    Not sure if this was directed at me, but np, I'll leave.

@silversun, no, I'm not kidding. Putting your life savings on long BBRY calls isn't even a strat. You're apparent a PC person; for you, there is no right and wrong. I live in the real world. I want the kid to do better so I'm telling him to seek out some advice. That's it.

Thanks for your contribution.
    Last edited by mset; 09-26-13 at 10:44 PM.
    09-26-13 04:21 PM

@silversun, no, I'm not kidding. Putting your life savings on long BBRY calls isn't even a strat. You're apparent a PC person ; for you, there is no right and wrong. I live in the real world. I want the kid to do better so I'm telling him to seek out some advice. That's it.

It seems like the OP realizes his BBRY all in basket mistake, and seems to have at least have a better strategy with his $1k going forward.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-26-13 04:30 PM
    09-26-13 04:40 PM

@silversun, no, I'm not kidding. Putting your life savings on long BBRY calls isn't even a strat. You're apparent a PC person ; for you, there is no right and wrong. I live in the real world. I want the kid to do better so I'm telling him to seek out some advice. That's it.

Presidents Choice? oh, well, whatever.
    09-26-13 04:47 PM
    Easier to label people trolls and shoo them away than debate opposing points of view I guess.
    09-26-13 05:26 PM
    Have you learned nothing from this entire experience? If anything, the longs in this thread owe apologies. Calling others trolls thereby dismissing valid viewpoints is what led to your paper losses.

Furthermore, what about all those poor reporters Crackberry fans brutalized? Have you ever even thought of apologizing to them for hijacking their Twitters and blogs? They're the real victims.

Knowing when to accept the fact that you are wrong is a very important part of investing. You will never be applauded for investing in BBRY. It was a bad decision.

If you can't accept that it was a bad decision and that there will always be individuals looking down on you for it, then it's best to separate yourself from Blackberry and move on. Crackberry is as friendly as it gets.
    09-26-13 05:30 PM
113,256 ... 20352036203720382039 ...