View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This tweet today from actor Aaron Paul (aka. Jesse Pinkman). Maybe he has some insider info.?

Aaron Paul (@aaronpaul_8) tweeted

Anyone at the Virgin international terminal at LAX? Want to know how BB ends? Come find me. I will be the guy drinking a Bushmills.

(https://twitter.com/aaronpaul_8/stat...84869862973441)
    09-26-13 01:35 PM
    NOTHING about this "deal" feels right.

Early preliminary ER a day before the announcement of the "deal".
    Announcement of the "deal" without the needed financing in place.
    The terms of the deal being all in favor of Fairfax and not binding.
    The canceling of the ER and conference call.

If you are still in, or thinking about jumping in to get that "guaranteed" $9 price.... HOLD ON TIGHT!
    There's an article somewhere (too lazy to search) that attempts to explain the sequence of events.

Basically, FF courted BOD for months to no avail. When BOD saw the numbers late last week, they caved in and started to negotiate with FF for the whole weekend. Since the sales were confirmed horrendous, Prem insisted on the on sided terms at that point and talks were almost off because of it.
    09-26-13 01:40 PM
    This tweet today from actor Aaron Paul (aka. Jesse Pinkman). Maybe he has some insider info.?

Anyone at the Virgin international terminal at LAX? Want to know how BB ends? Come find me. I will be the guy drinking a Bushmills.

BB= Breaking Bad

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and Elite1 like this.
    09-26-13 01:42 PM
    As noted in a New York Times article, the go-shop process is typically unsuccessful in attracting additional bidders. Since 2004, 93% of deals with go-shop provisions have failed to attract competing bidders. The article mentions that this is usually because the initial bidder usually has a massive head start. In this case, Prem Watsa has apparently been interested in taking BlackBerry private for a while, and is certainly well acquainted with BlackBerry.

The six week go-shop period is quite typical, with one study mentioning an average of 53 days and a median of 42 days for go-shop periods. The termination fee of $0.30 per share is around average as well at 3.3% of the transaction value compared to the average and median of 3.5% for transactions in 2012.

The length of the go-shop period and the termination fee size with BlackBerry doesn't seem abnormal in terms of attracting or deterring additional bidders.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry: Is Prem Watsa Really Interested In Taking It Private? - Seeking Alpha
    danprown and W Hoa like this.
    09-26-13 01:42 PM
    BB= Breaking Bad

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 01:44 PM
    09-26-13 01:45 PM
    Come find me. I will be the guy drinking a Bushmills.
    Glad that tip got thrown in. Never would have found him otherwise.
    m0de25, danprown, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-26-13 01:51 PM
    As noted in a New York Times article, the go-shop process is typically unsuccessful in attracting additional bidders. Since 2004, 93% of deals with go-shop provisions have failed to attract competing bidders. The article mentions that this is usually because the initial bidder usually has a massive head start. In this case, Prem Watsa has apparently been interested in taking BlackBerry private for a while, and is certainly well acquainted with BlackBerry.

The six week go-shop period is quite typical, with one study mentioning an average of 53 days and a median of 42 days for go-shop periods. The termination fee of $0.30 per share is around average as well at 3.3% of the transaction value compared to the average and median of 3.5% for transactions in 2012.

The length of the go-shop period and the termination fee size with BlackBerry doesn't seem abnormal in terms of attracting or deterring additional bidders.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry: Is Prem Watsa Really Interested In Taking It Private? - Seeking Alpha
    20 years ago, I applied for architectural school but only made onto the waiting list. I was told in the letter not to get my hopes up because they never dipped into the waiting list for the previous 10 yrs. I was so crushed that I skipped my final math exam at high school and applied to art college instead.

You know the rest of the story. Lesson learned.
    danprown, take99, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-26-13 01:54 PM
    Why would anyone sell under 9? Prem is buying your shares at 9 in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    The Market says otherwise. I posted this the other day as well. There are arbs out there who exist and make money playing this game. They would be all over BBRY at 8 if they knew they could make $9+ in a month or so. They aren't moving. That doesn't mean it won't happen, only that I trust the market and what is does in these situations much more than PW or any other person.
    09-26-13 01:56 PM

Poor Jessie, my wife actually cries for him at points in the show.
    09-26-13 01:59 PM
    Poor Jessie, my wife actually cries for him at points in the show.
    Hopefully she hasn't watched the end of this video, then

09-26-13 02:02 PM
    HALO is easing my pain today, thanks M8
    OMGitworks, sidhuk, m0de25 and 4 others like this.
    09-26-13 02:03 PM
    Dear Fellow Crackberryans,

I have admittedly been bearish lately, so I'll throw in a positive; to stay, well, poisitive:

If there are outside bids under, around, or above FF by Nov.4, If FF can't make the financing deal, there could spark a serious bid war.

Reminds me of a $10k item on ebay, starting at $1.
    Please don't count on a serious bidding war, it is beyond Hopium. I see zero evidence of that. Perhaps is the ER is going to be wicked good, but we already know it probably isn't. Remmber though, a few quarters ago RIMM pre-announced and then even missed the lower numbers. I doubt they will do that again, so perhaps an upside surprise here is in order.
    09-26-13 02:08 PM
    Hopefully she hasn't watched the end of this video, then

Perfect, thanks. Looks like he might have been sampling the blue stuff even back then!
    Randeman likes this.
    09-26-13 02:08 PM
    Please don't count on a serious bidding war, it is beyond Hopium. I see zero evidence of that. Perhaps is the ER is going to be wicked good, but we already know it probably isn't. Remmber though, a few quarters ago RIMM pre-announced and then even missed the lower numbers. I doubt they will do that again, so perhaps an upside surprise here is in order.
    I'm not counting on it at all. Please read my other posts.

This whole thing is like a nightmare, but I am trying to stay positive, because there is still a crack of hope.

Thanks for the reply.
    09-26-13 02:13 PM
    Perfect, thanks. Looks like he might have been sampling the blue stuff even back then!
    Lol! Something tells me that thought has crossed more minds than mine & yours
    OMGitworks likes this.
    09-26-13 02:20 PM
    I'm not counting on it at all. Please read my other posts.

This whole thing is like a nightmare, but I am trying to stay positive, because there is still a crack of hope.

Thanks for the reply.
    Speaking of cracks...I hate to miss a good bottom! Don't think we're there, yet. Haven't quite reached the point of max pessimism , though judging from our dwindling numbers, we must be getting close. Good luck with tomorrow's ER. I'm holding. I'm looking to buy more. Just sayin...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:29 PM
    I will be buying puts in the last 1/2 hour...
    09-26-13 02:30 PM
    Bought 1000 shares just for fun. I'm hoping to get the $1 per share Prem-ium in 5 weeks.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-26-13 02:34 PM
    You could be over stating the obvious.
    Except it seems that people around here keep failing to grasp the obvious. Specifically that the letter of intent as of now has not set a guaranteed floor for the price.
    09-26-13 02:38 PM
    Except it seems that people around here keep failing to grasp the obvious. Specifically that the letter of intent as of now has not set a guaranteed floor for the price.
    nothing is guaranteed, this is the stock market...everybody knows whats up
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, W Hoa and 3 others like this.
    09-26-13 02:43 PM
    A little reminder from Kevin at Crackberry - think back in time...

"Apple layoffs: Painful but necessary" | CrackBerry.com

Probably doesn't mean anything...then again, maybe it does...
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-26-13 02:44 PM
    Bought 1000 shares just for fun. I'm hoping to get the $1 per share Prem-ium in 5 weeks.
    09-26-13 02:44 PM
    A little reminder from Kevin at Crackberry - think back in time...

"Apple layoffs: Painful but necessary" | CrackBerry.com

Probably doesn't mean anything...then again, maybe it does...
    Kevin is a business man these days. I know he is suppose to be fan #1, but is he fan #1 of the BlackBerry devices or of BlackBerry the company?

That even he is trying to do the whole Apple to BlackBerry comparison of a phoenix rising from the ashes.....
    09-26-13 02:49 PM
    Options are dirt cheap and the score could be huge if any other serious bidders emerge.
    cjcampbell and fedakd like this.
    09-26-13 02:51 PM
113,256 ... 20342035203620372038 ...