View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    No kidding, soap opera mixed with CJ's new job is a perfect recipe for a blockbuster movie. LOL
    You mean in the end, where CJ liberates most of the female solo guitar players?

Ok guys, i think we are making it after hours too early. Have a great day.
    09-26-13 09:58 AM
    Hi Don! Nice to meet you. :-)
    Oh my god ...
    09-26-13 10:04 AM
    Was lucky to grab 500 of it at $8.10, *right where BBRY is now*.

(of course, tx to you-know-who!)
    Not so fast. I can't believe people are trying to figure this stock out...
    Oh well. Good luck - never like to see anyone lose money...
    m0de25 likes this.
    09-26-13 10:07 AM
    Speaking of "BB" drama... watching Blackberry during the day, then watching Breaking Bad at night. Both finales are a doozy! *popcorn*
    09-26-13 10:13 AM
    was he talking about BBRY or HALO? In any case, its funny that posters on this thread continue to espouse the position that BBRY is a good buy just because Prem Watsa said he'll follow through on the deal. Despite the fact that there have been numerous articles to the contrary citing how rare it is for a letter of intent to be issued without already having financing lined up.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    09-26-13 10:15 AM
    There was a report about a month ago that the big firms had installed trading computrers in Washington so when there was a DC news release they could take advantage of the .007 sec that it takes an electronic signal to go from DC to NY. They said the difference would be "material".
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Reed Richards like this.
    09-26-13 10:17 AM
    Have another look at the post. Good luck - never like to see anyone miss the point.
    09-26-13 10:18 AM
    Yeah, sorry... I was talking HALO (i know, on a BBRY thread)
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-26-13 10:23 AM
    No kidding, soap opera mixed with CJ's new job is a perfect recipe for a blockbuster movie. LOL
    Soap, like in the Navy shower soap?
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    09-26-13 10:32 AM
    Soap, like in the Navy shower soap?
    That's the only kind there is!
    09-26-13 10:34 AM
    Very true. Fairfax's penalty fee of $0.30 to $0.50 / share (roughly $150 to $168 mil) to BlackBerry with no reciprocal penalty to Watsa et al just smells bad and is borderline greenmail. Numerous posters here are claimimg Watsa et al are buying more shares here as BBRY trades below $8. Although news reports continue to indicate Fairfax does not plan to add more of its own equity into $4.7 Billion LOI. Watsa is using his reputation and charm to corral pension funds to fund the debt and equity for this LOI to turn into a firm deal. He has more convincing to perform as reflected in today's SP and skeptical wall street insiders.

was he talking about BBRY or HALO? In any case, its funny that posters on this thread continue to espouse the position that BBRY is a good buy just because Prem Watsa said he'll follow through on the deal. Despite the fact that there have been numerous articles to the contrary citing how rare it is for a letter of intent to be issued without already having financing lined up.
    09-26-13 10:40 AM
    That's the only kind there is!
    If this is the case, I'm gonna jump on this stock! So what's the ticker, NAVY?
    cjcampbell, Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-13 10:42 AM
    Slow motion ... but in the right direction. Stay tuned !
    It is called "pump and dump". Proves that there is STILL money to be made on BBRY.

We are now back to "a buying opportunity"
    09-26-13 10:42 AM
    Nope, but it is indeed one valuation many just swap. The Brand. And I believe BlackBerry brand alone worth multiples of $100Million ... add it to the bill
    when was the last time BB is consider a positive brand? i would say BB brand is actually costing them 100M. subtract that from the bill
    09-26-13 10:46 AM
    I'm sorry, I didn't see this until after posting the above.

Chrys, with respect...I don't think that you're going to get the cred here when we know this about you. Kudos to you for admitting something like this, but possibly you should stop posting information designed to inform others about your views on the stock? Especially when your source is a staffer at a fan site.
    Thanks for your concern. Perhaps, you should STOP telling me what to do. I am only posting my opinion, not telling others what to do.

Source is not CB fan site, but BlackBerry itself (BlackBerry Jam Asia) - that's official. CB didn't make this up, they got it from official BB.

Dude, no offence but its highly unwise to gamble on stocks with your savings like that for anyone, but considering you are a beginner its completely suicidal!
    Yep, it's unwise to gamble like that. Lessons learnt. Thanks for concern

yay for HALO
    Yep - ( HALO discussions can go here.. | Money Culture - Cultivating Money; ) - right now 100% of my portfolio is in HALO.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 09-26-13 at 11:07 AM.
    09-26-13 10:53 AM
    Out @ 8,15$...good luck everyone!
    m0de25 and anon(4086547) like this.
    09-26-13 11:12 AM

Yep - ( HALO discussions can go here.. | Money Culture - Cultivating Money; ) - right now 100% of my portfolio is in HALO.
    ibpluto likes this.
    09-26-13 11:20 AM
    Very true. Fairfax's penalty fee of $0.30 to $0.50 / share (roughly $150 to $168 mil) to BlackBerry with no reciprocal penalty to Watsa et al just smells bad and is borderline greenmail. Numerous posters here are claimimg Watsa et al are buying more shares here as BBRY trades below $8. Although news reports continue to indicate Fairfax does not plan to add more of its own equity into $4.7 Billion LOI. Watsa is using his reputation and charm to corral pension funds to fund the debt and equity for this LOI to turn into a firm deal. He has more convincing to perform as reflected in today's SP and skeptical wall street insiders.
    Prem Watsa surely can be an honorable man that never breaks a deal, but this deal doesn't depend on him, It depends on the equity partners. They won't give away millions just so Prem Watsa can keep his promise. If partners see an opportunity to buy lower they should take it. As the SP goes lower the probability of someone joining Fairfax at $9 is reduced.
    09-26-13 11:43 AM
    I don't know anything about how difficult xBBM is, and now on desktop... but I remember being excited about the possibilities of BB Link, and look how that execution went.

I want to be excited about xBBM but I won't be until I see it out there and proven.
    Randeman, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    09-26-13 11:44 AM
    Whoever is managing the list of people interested in talking other stocks post BBRY, please add me to the list.

Posted via CB10
    m0de25, Randeman and BergerKing like this.
    09-26-13 11:45 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd partners waver as rumours swirl the smartphone pioneer could exit handset business | Financial Post

BlackBerry Ltd., the smartphone maker looking to go private in a US$4.7 billion deal, is seeing support from suppliers, customers and partners wobble amid speculation the company may shut down its handset business.

Jabil Circuit Inc., an electronics supplier that counts BlackBerry as its second-largest customer, said yesterday it will probably disengage from BlackBerry in the coming months. That’s a sign the smartphone company’s handset business is shrinking, said Peter Misek, an analyst at Jefferies LLC.

“Blackberry’s ongoing handset business will be much smaller and could even disappear,” said the New York-based analyst, who has a hold rating on the shares.
    09-26-13 11:47 AM
    Folks, its been a fun ride and I like to publically thank those who made this thread a fun place to be for the past year. This thread literally became a very addicting habit and I probably ended up spending more time here than I would like with the wife and kid. At the same time, I learned so much from those *you know who you are* individuals and realized there are still much more to go.

This journey of BBRY has been one heck of a rollercoaster ride for myself, I do not regret one tiny bits of it. Losing hard-earned money was never an easy thing to overcome and I probably lost more on BBRY than any other investments before, so its time to lick the wounds and get back up. can't win all the time right

Unfortunately due to time constrain, I will be still be popping in and out of this thread from time to time as it is also the time for me to move on as another journey await elsewhere. Again I want to thank those who shared their experiences with me and met some great people along the way here and glad that we are able to stay in touch going forward. I'm stubborn LOL and I have not sold everything that I own on BBRY, good or bad, smart or dumb, I plan to see this all the way through. I like their products and hope nothing but the best for BBRY and felt they need time.

See you all around, and Thanks for everything!!
    09-26-13 11:57 AM
    If this is the case, I'm gonna jump on this stock! So what's the ticker, NAVY?
    I think it's United People of Youth On Unprecedented Research About Something Special or just search for the symbol UPYOURASS on Nasdaq. :P
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, m0de25 and 1 others like this.
    09-26-13 11:59 AM
    I don't know anything about how difficult xBBM is, and now on desktop... but I remember being excited about the possibilities of BB Link, and look how that execution went.

I want to be excited about xBBM but I won't be until I see it out there and proven.
    There is no desktop bbm, in their own words it is 'not even a proof of concept' .

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    09-26-13 12:02 PM
    �We�ve got a track record of 28 years of completing what we�ve done,� Mr. Watsa stressed in an interview with The Associated Press.

�We�ve never renegotiated.�

The interview was among a couple with various news organizations as Mr. Watsa moves to convince investors he will pull off the deal for BlackBerry, which is expected tomorrow to post a second-quarter loss of almost $1-billion.

Here�s what he told The Associated Press: �We thought long and hard before we offered $9 a share and we�re not in the business of offering a number and at the last minute changing the figure � Rest assured when we do this it won�t be done to split the company.�

To Reuters: �We wouldn�t put our name to such a high-profile deal if we didn�t feel confident that at the end of the day that our diligence would be fine and we�d be able to finance it � Short term these things fluctuate, there is speculation one way, there�s speculation the other way. We never pay too much attention to the marketplace.�

Mr. Watsa said Fairfax won�t put in anything more to the offer than the 10 per cent of BlackBerry it now owns.

�The 10 per cent is like $500-million,� he said.

�It�s a significant amount of money. We�re going to bring equity partners and we think the company will be very well capitalized.�
    Fairfax's Prem Watsa fires back at deal skeptics - The Globe and Mail
    09-26-13 12:04 PM
113,256 ... 20322033203420352036 ...