View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry if this has been posted. Had to read thru over 20 pages on here last night - even had to stop using the likes as it was slowing me down.

Mr. Blair has some good ideas...

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Memorandum To The BlackBerry Board Of Directors: Stop The Charade And Manage The Company - Seeking Alpha
    You meant Dr. Blair? LoL.
    Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-13 09:22 AM
    LoL, and add to that, remember the brand Rayban? Majority sunglass/eyeglasses business is owned by one italian company. 60 minutes had a documentary about it the other day. Same company purchased the Brand RayBan at the time when RayBan was dumping their brand Glasses for as low as $30 retail in the market. After purchasing the brand, this company stopped manufacturing the brand for 2 or 3 years. Then they reintroduced the brand again in the market. Today RayBans are more expensive than ever.
    LoL this is just an example. Dont compare it with phones.
    Nope, but it is indeed one valuation many just swap. The Brand. And I believe BlackBerry brand alone worth multiples of $100Million ... add it to the bill
    sidhuk, Randeman, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-26-13 09:22 AM
    Why aren't the arbs taking this thing to $9? PW couldn't be much clearer. I think....

"We've got a track record of 28 years of completing what we've done. We've never re-negotiated," Watsa said. "We thought long and hard before we offered $9 dollars a share and we're not in the business of offering a number and at the last minute changing the figure. Over 28 years our reputation is stellar on that front. We just don't do that."

Fairfax says it won't abandon BlackBerry bid
    I'm guessing it's because with the $9 ceiling, until another bid comes, or not, who wants to buy at or near $9? Not much upside. So bids are for less until anything else comes along.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    09-26-13 09:23 AM
    Why aren't the arbs taking this thing to $9? PW couldn't be much clearer. I think....

"We've got a track record of 28 years of completing what we've done. We've never re-negotiated," Watsa said. "We thought long and hard before we offered $9 dollars a share and we're not in the business of offering a number and at the last minute changing the figure. Over 28 years our reputation is stellar on that front. We just don't do that."

"Rest assured when we do this it won't be done to split the company," Watsa said. "I mean one of the reasons I went on the board, and I said it publicly, was to keep the company in Canada and to make sure it survives and exists in Canada. It is one of Canada's most successful companies. Companies do fall on hard times and they come back again and we expect this company to do the same."

Slow motion ... but in the right direction. Stay tuned !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    plasmid_boy, Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-13 09:24 AM
    Who do you think will be his chief marketing officer and Brand ambassador?
    I postulate.
    First action: a new baseline : Bourbon & Beers !

Edit: damm, I've been fired already
    09-26-13 09:26 AM

"Rest assured when we do this it won't be done to split the company," Watsa said. "I mean one of the reasons I went on the board, and I said it publicly, was to keep the company in Canada and to make sure it survives and exists in Canada. It is one of Canada's most successful companies. Companies do fall on hard times and they come back again and we expect this company to do the same."

As much as some people are on his case (I'm not one of them), we need more leaders like him in this country.
    09-26-13 09:27 AM
    umm...Alicia Keys ?
    Not bad, this way he wont have to look for a second BD exit strategy option.
    plasmid_boy, Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-13 09:28 AM
    I think you meant sorting out your backdoor escape route?

Edit: make that 'golden backdoor escape route'. LOL
    LOL... we're getting into the dirty of it now. With a little more work and incentive, it will be smooth and glide along nicely.
    09-26-13 09:28 AM
    Not bad, this way he wont have to look for a second BD exit strategy option.
    Yup, he will be all-in.
    cjcampbell, m0de25, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    09-26-13 09:30 AM
    I think you meant sorting out your backdoor escape route?

Edit: make that 'golden backdoor escape route'. LOL
    Sorry didnt read your comment before i posted mine. Great mind think a like.
    09-26-13 09:31 AM
    LOL... we're getting into the dirty of it now. With a little more work and incentive, it will be smooth and glide along nicely.
    Any charts to accompany this opinion?
    BergerKing likes this.
    Yup, he will be all-in.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    Unfortunately the shareholders are the ones who have been getting it in the back door lately, and it hasn't been very smooth and gliding along, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    09-26-13 09:32 AM
    huh?
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-13 09:32 AM
    I'm guessing it's because with the $9 ceiling, until another bid comes, or not, who wants to buy at or near $9? Not much upside. So bids are for less until anything else comes along.
    But Cj, that is still more than 10% uptick. However the risk is also higher.
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    09-26-13 09:34 AM
    Windows Phone could be strong in the enterprise next year. They got the FIPS certification, in q1/2014 they are releasing an 'Enterprise Feature Pack' with many security improvements. They will release a new version of Office optimized for touch and Terry Myerson kind of confirmed the rumors of phablets with Windows RT. So It won't be easy for BlackBerry 10 in the corporate market.
    Charts are kinda outdated for this kind of actions. I believe CJ is working on producing high resolution pictures and videos as evidence to support his opinion in this matter.
    cjcampbell, m0de25, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    But Cj, that is still more than 10% uptick. However the risk is also higher.
    Well to me the 8.80 area made sense. This low 8's, high 7's doesn't so much but then again, how many here sold yesterday in the low 8's? A lot and so did a lot of others. The buyers know that people just want out and are saying **** it so they put their bids in low expecting to strike.
    m0de25, sidhuk, abouthsu and 2 others like this.
    09-26-13 09:36 AM
    perhaps BB should sell the royalties to the soap opera they offer the world,
    and they would be out of trouble right away.
    09-26-13 09:40 AM
    Off topic -- spot the most improbable sentence

Traders may have gotten last week’s Fed news 7 milliseconds early

There would seem to be three possibilities: 1) Some trader was extraordinarily lucky, placing a massive bet just before a major announcement that would make that bet highly profitable. 2) There was a leak, either by a media organization with early access to the data or even someone at the Fed. Or 3) The laws of physics have been violated as the information traveled from Washington to Chicago faster than the speed of light. You can see why Option 2 looks the most plausible.

Presumably there will be a hard look into what exactly happened...
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    09-26-13 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd. (BB), the smartphone maker looking to go private in a $4.7 billion deal, is seeing support from suppliers, customers and partners wobble amid speculation the company may shut down its handset business.

Jabil Circuit Inc. (JBL), an electronics supplier that counts BlackBerry as its second-largest customer, said yesterday it will probably disengage from BlackBerry in the coming months. That’s a sign the smartphone company’s handset business is shrinking, said Peter Misek, an analyst at Jefferies LLC.
    BlackBerry Allies Waver as Smartphone Maker Seeks to Go Private - Bloomberg
    09-26-13 09:42 AM

Traders may have gotten last week�s Fed news 7 milliseconds early

There would seem to be three possibilities: 1) Some trader was extraordinarily lucky, placing a massive bet just before a major announcement that would make that bet highly profitable. 2) There was a leak, either by a media organization with early access to the data or even someone at the Fed. Or 3) The laws of physics have been violated as the information traveled from Washington to Chicago faster than the speed of light. You can see why Option 2 looks the most plausible.

Lol, we all know the answer.
    I remember, once a reporter asked a Japanese businessman about share holders loosing because the laws of inside trading and info leaks are are some what lax in that country. The businessman looked at this reporter like reporter was from another planet and said," why would you trade if you don't have inside information"?
    09-26-13 09:49 AM

Traders may have gotten last week’s Fed news 7 milliseconds early

actually the market traded like it knew the news days ahead...
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-26-13 09:50 AM
    perhaps BB should sell the royalties to the soap opera they offer the world,
    and they would be out of trouble right away.
    No kidding, soap opera mixed with CJ's new job is a perfect recipe for a blockbuster movie. LOL
    09-26-13 09:51 AM
    yay for HALO
    Was lucky to grab 500 of it at $8.10, *right where BBRY is now*.

(of course, tx to you-know-who!)
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, phil17 and 4 others like this.
    09-26-13 09:52 AM
113,256 ... 20312032203320342035 ...