View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Who's to say Fairfax doesn't license and/or sells the BlackBerry parents to someone else once it has the company? I think that if this Fairfax deal does occur, they work with trimming the company even further, split the parts and get a ROI.

Posted via CB10
    ... You read my mind.

great minds think alike(???) But we don't all pee in the ocean, brother!
    leafs123 likes this.
    09-25-13 08:17 PM
    I agree that the market is trading at a discount, but what do we call it if a bad ER drops the SP down without chance to recover? Prem takes back his bid on due-diligence grounds, and re-enters at $7. I would hope for a strong opposing offer from others, but if none, then this would become reality for us.
    So then someone else makes an offer at $8.50 and Prem loses out (with an average well above that), or is forced to make a superior bid at $10, a buck higher than he could have had it before.

Or do you seriously think that Prem is the only guy on the entire planet who actually sees value in BBRY?
    09-25-13 08:19 PM
    Supposedly BlackBerry will be showing off never seen before stuff at BB Jam Asia. That's all in good but as a BlackBerry user, I have lost a bit of confidence in the product going forward. Aside from what BlackBerry themselves will develop, this product is dead on the third party app front going forward.

Posted via CB10
    The product is the one thing I do have faith in. Not that it will have a future, as that's yet to be decided, but that it is solid and really really good.
    09-25-13 08:25 PM
    Supposedly BlackBerry will be showing off never seen before stuff at BB Jam Asia. That's all in good but as a BlackBerry user, I have lost a bit of confidence in the product going forward. Aside from what BlackBerry themselves will develop, this product is dead on the third party app front going forward.

Posted via CB10
    WebOS, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, Palm Veer, HP TouchPad.
    09-25-13 08:28 PM
    That's awful news. Basically T-Mobile has written off BlackBerry. BlackBerry should just start selling direct.
    On the contrary. People have been posting that T-Mobile was removing BlackBerry entirely from its stores. They will continue to put BlackBerrys on the shelf and "if inventory is not available in the store, the device can be ordered."
    09-25-13 08:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought they confirmed that there would be no new phones through March '14?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    Good luck Len...wishing you all the best...your a class act all the way.

Posted via CB10
    WebOS, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, Palm Veer, HP TouchPad.
    debt, debt, debt, .... BB... no debt. Different story line on all accounts.
    09-25-13 08:31 PM
    debt, debt, debt, .... BB... no debt. Different story line on all accounts.
    HP had plenty of cash and they tapped out.
    rodan01 likes this.
    09-25-13 08:32 PM
    The product is the one thing I do have faith in. Not that it will have a future, as that's yet to be decided, but that it is solid and really really good.
    I agree. Heins has said that their corporate customers demand an end to end solution. This is inclusive of hardware. BlackBerry will probably continue to produce limited stock to fulfill this goal.

“BlackBerry is focused on serving users who want to be highly productive at work and on-the-go,” a RIM spokesman told AllThingsD. “As such, we will be working with our carrier partners to deliver BlackBerry 10 to these power users in a variety of ways – based on carrier preference – through the channel, in-store or online.”
    09-25-13 08:35 PM
    HP had plenty of cash and they tapped out.
    Fair enough.. just saw three different Palm products there probably for dramatic effect.
    09-25-13 08:35 PM
    On the contrary. People have been posting that T-Mobile was removing BlackBerry entirely from its stores. They will continue to put BlackBerrys on the shelf and "if inventory is not available in the store, the device can be ordered."
    ha. i bet the "display" units will be in the back room in the back shelf in the back drawer. look for all major carriers to follow. BB hardware is toast. the only questions left are - what happens to the fire sale scraps and how bad do shareholders get screwed.
    09-25-13 08:36 PM
    I like the product, but my concern on the term life is there. I am a prosumet that also wants some apps. Those apps will be hard to come by officially and will continue to sideloaded where available. Sad that great products like webOS and BlackBerry 10 never had full wide success.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-13 08:45 PM
    I like the product, but my concern on the term life is there. I am a prosumet that also wants some apps. Those apps will be hard to come by officially and will continue to sideloaded where available. Sad that great products like webOS and BlackBerry 10 never had full wide success.

Posted via CB10
    Very true.
    09-25-13 08:46 PM
    Apps will still come. You might have to pay a little more for them. The developer community will no doubt be sorting itself out over the next little while, with those who were only in it for free devices and $100 bonuses from BlackBerry bailing fast. Those who actually like the product and who see valuable customers in the "prosumer" and business types will stick around and maybe even increase their commitment. If BB10 doesn't get buried, that is.
    Last edited by peter9477; 09-25-13 at 08:52 PM. Reason: improved wording, too late to write clearly
    09-25-13 08:50 PM
    I know some of the regulars, like myself, have exited their $BBRY position, but I hope we can continue the stock discussion in some other form in the future somewhere else. I certainly have learned from all of you about charts (I went there), the market, etc.

I'd be happy to participate fully on Money Culture.

Posted via CB10
    +1 for MoneyCulture.ca

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    09-25-13 08:50 PM
    Hey Morgan! I want to say thanks for lending us your time, most of us here value your knowledge and experience on investing/trading. We learned a lot from you, buddy!

It was crazy seeing attack posts on you recently by what amounts to a bunch of wankers... but I remain confident that you were above the bickering and didn't let it bother you! A lot of this negativty was pointed your way only because you stuck your neck out after we kept hounding and hounding you for advice in the first place!!! In any case, your time on here was (hopefully) a two way relationship... you mentioned a few times that you got from us as much as we got from you. The regulars on here moved as a team.

In my opinion, even though the story is far from over, I think any failure of BBRY ever taking off can be attributed to the perfect storm of management incompetence. How were we supposed to have seen through the smokescreens? Us longs -not only on this Koolaid thread, but everywhere- gave BB the benefit of the doubt on what little scraps of "information" we had (the "surprises to be unveiled at launch", the hope of a SuperBowl ad that turned out to be a waste of time, the BS of "sales exceeding our expectations", flood of Z10 adoption from iOS and Droid users, the "tens of millions" quote from Heins, the cryptic sellthrough numbers, mobile computing jargon, the 100k+ apps that came mostly from one source, BB10 of Playbook, xBBM by end of summer, etc, etc, etc) If they actually stuck to their promises, heck, if we weren't lied to, the TA would have been dead on!

See ya elsewhere, I hope

Edit: spelled Koolaid wrong
    Last edited by m0de25; 09-26-13 at 01:23 PM.
    09-25-13 08:56 PM
    TORONTO (AP) -- The head of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. says he has every intention of completing the acquisition of BlackBerry despite doubts that the $4.7 billion deal for the troubled smartphone maker will go through.
    Fairfax Chief Executive Prem Watsa told The Associated Press his firm is not in the business of making an offer and then at the last minute changing the figure or walking away

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...e9c_story.html
    09-25-13 08:57 PM
    BB Jam Asia event happening now for those who want to follow. Live blog on the CB front page.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-25-13 09:02 PM
    Thanks W Hoa,

My question still stands, how much do Mikey and Prem want for their shares? This happens all the time and deals are done. Is $ 9.00/shr enough for Mikey, and/or several institutions, or is there a number that makes them all submit? Is it cash or less as the trolls would have you believe, did Mikey stay in this, along with Prem and the Funds because BBM-X is worthless, Patents are worthless, Enterprise is worthless? Really people, wait for the Q2 report and let's hear from the company about things as they are now.
    Hi Morgan,

Is it likely that Mike L. joins Prem long enough to see gains from a 'back-door' sale to say, MicroSoft, or the like? I have a real bad itch that Prem may have already sparked a deal with MS or Samsung post his taking BBRY private.

My summary question to you would be: Is any of this legal? Plausible?

PS - I really dislike all this speculation....
    09-25-13 09:02 PM
    I'm out of "thanks" but I hope you guys know which ones I'd be thanking... so... thank you
    09-25-13 09:03 PM
    Blackberry is smart not to host a call. No point talking about future plans when you plan to sell yourself in 30 days.

I came to terms with the fact that the Board and Management are incompetent - worse than I could have ever imagined.

But you want to know something...I thought they would deliver BBM cross-platform. Surely, they could execute something as simple as an app...but no, somehow something, once again, happened to Blackberry.

Honestly, as a Canadian, I will say that these folks broke my heart. I am not mad at them, I just realize that they were way in over their head. Ultimately, it was a pager company going up against smartphone companies...what did I expect...
    Arguably this was a pager company going against software companies. None of the companies BBRY is losing to were smartphone companies before BBRY. Google and Apple are primarily software companies. Apple was making a great OS for years. The genius of the iPhone has always been not only in the hardware, but in fact has mainly been in the software. Even the iPhone 5S is still launched with just 1 GB of RAM. And it runs like a dream. Really the problem was BBRY could never code well enough to produce a modern OS. That is until BB10. But by then it seems they were too late and it wasn't enough that finally the OS could finally surf the internet and it was ready for Apps.
    silversun10 likes this.
    09-25-13 09:05 PM
    Hi Morgan,

Is it likely that Mike L. joins Prem long enough to see gains from a 'back-door' sale to say, MicroSoft, or the like? I have a real bad itch that Prem may have already sparked a deal with MS or Samsung post his taking BBRY private.

My summary question to you would be: Is any of this legal? Plausible?

PS - I really dislike all this speculation....
    If Moran doesn't answer, I will chime in. I see no reason why after acquiring a company and taking it private you couldn't turn around and sell it to whomever you want. The main thing Perm can't do right now is disseminate false and misleading information to scare shareholders into tendering into his offer. He does not have to reveal his future plans for the Company.
    09-25-13 09:08 PM
    Live stream for BB Jam Asia....

sidhuk, abouthsu, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    09-25-13 09:11 PM
    Wow, what a day. Sorry to see what's happening to BlackBerry right now and sorry to see guys getting burned on their position. I'm close to being out too but luckily I'm not in it too deep. Len and kid vibe - you guys are going to be missed but PM me your emails so I can keep you posted about my forum. Just working to get responsive design built in so we can have a mobile friendly version off the bat.

That PM goes for anyone else leaving the thread and who wants to keep in touch.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, m0de25, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    09-25-13 09:26 PM
113,256 ... 20252026202720282029 ...