View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Blackberry is smart not to host a call. No point talking about future plans when you plan to sell yourself in 30 days.

I came to terms with the fact that the Board and Management are incompetent - worse than I could have ever imagined.

But you want to know something...I thought they would deliver BBM cross-platform. Surely, they could execute something as simple as an app...but no, somehow something, once again, happened to Blackberry.

Honestly, as a Canadian, I will say that these folks broke my heart. I am not mad at them, I just realize that they were way in over their head. Ultimately, it was a pager company going up against smartphone companies...what did I expect...
    pumpedforbb10 and silversun10 like this.
    09-25-13 07:21 PM
    The fact that revenue recognition changed when not one of the hundred articles bother to mention it when revs are being halved.

Well Prem made a statement a few hours ago. Stock should near $9 tomorrow.

And to think that I was thinking about buying calls tomorrow on a further drop. Aarghhh.

Posted via CB10
    The joys of the media. They don't look at the words around the numbers. We mentioned it here on Friday about how the revs were being changed. My, and I believe a few others, are of the mind that due to lower demand, the channel stuffers chose not to pay up front, but on more of a as sold basis, hence their comment of the actual number of sell through devices for the quarter. Gives a glimpse, a small one, at what the quarterly sell through really is. It's really quite sad that the media ignores these things but then again, they're paid for headlines, not real analysis. Oh... and on that last comment.. I don't claim to be anything special or even half smart in the analysis of stocks. But I do know that in ALL of the news I've heard since Friday, I haven't hear anything about a change in rev calculations but a whole crap ton about the write down and ****ty realized revs for the quarter.
    09-25-13 07:24 PM
    You get $ 9.00 and a chance to make more in 5 weeks.
    Hi Morgan; I am not trying to promote hopium here--just saying to all of you. It is good to hear that Watsa reaffirms his bid, but it is still $9 / share. Wouldn't a higher starting bid by Watsa shows more, obviously, valuation, and confidence for other interested parties to make a bid? Again, as others and I have asked ourselves multiple times, why only $9? This is Watsa's valuation, instead of the market's, no? Again, seriously, only $9 / share? What is the logic behind this? $2.6 billion cash + $2.1 billion in patents only? How about the secure network? New BES10 contracts.

I am still holding my shares at the moment.
    09-25-13 07:25 PM
    It will be interesting to see the streets reaction to canceling the cc. It is a bush league move, but RIMM always broke the normal Wall st rules, it appears BBRY is no different. Normally this type of move punishes the stock. We are so beaten down and PW's statement might balance it all out.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and m0de25 like this.
    09-25-13 07:26 PM
    I did not get this either.

Did Morgan just say that Prem is not buying any more shares and that is Business 101? 2 days ago, he said that Prem was buying all the shares at $9 ,averaging down and he would sell out as soon as someone comes along and offers him what he wants for all of his stock. He has gone beyond 10% of the stock and holds control of the buyout. Sit back and enjoy this, learn something about the market and listen to the news. Post#49968

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-25-13 07:26 PM
    Not to rub salt on your wounds, but what are the chances, Heins, Boulben, and Tear even remain in Canada after all is done. That is why I always respected Jim B. and Mike L -- they stayed true to Canada and where they come from.

Blackberry is smart not to host a call. No point talking about future plans when you plan to sell yourself in 30 days.

I came to terms with the fact that the Board and Management are incompetent - worse than I could have ever imagined.

But you want to know something...I thought they would deliver BBM cross-platform. Surely, they could execute something as simple as an app...but no, somehow something, once again, happened to Blackberry.

Honestly, as a Canadian, I will say that these folks broke my heart. I am not mad at them, I just realize that they were way in over their head. Ultimately, it was a pager company going up against smartphone companies...what did I expect...
    09-25-13 07:29 PM
    This thread is spinning at 78 RPM.

So, it's the media to blame, but BBRY cancels their opportunity to explain their side of things.

They don't need a CC because the sale is in, whilst the same people tell us it's not a real sale.

Morgan is imploding right before our eyes. Maybe he overdosed on Hopium.
    09-25-13 07:31 PM
    Whoa is right! I didn't say they would be at $ 18.00/shr in a month! Where did you get that? They are going to release some market changing news in the weeks ahead, that could mean the stock takes all of this year to get to $ 18.00/shr. I see them going to that level but it will take some time to get there. Make sure you own those Calls that you mentioned, the ones that are 3 - 4 months out!!!
    Hi Morgan,

You lost me there. How will the stock take off and reach 18 by/before Years' end, if Prem takes charge?

You must be speaking about his deal possibly falling through, and somehow BBRY continues on in open market, right?
    09-25-13 07:37 PM
    Hi Morgan,

You lost me there. How will the stock take off and reach 18 by/before Years' end, if Prem takes charge?

You must be speaking about his deal possibly falling through, and somehow BBRY continues on in open market, right?
    He was answering a question about HALO options.
    09-25-13 07:38 PM
    Hi Morgan,

Not the same stock man... lol
    09-25-13 07:39 PM
    @KidVibe...I think we were in the same spot age and money invested in $BBRY. Don't lose faith man, learn, reinvest and make that money back somewhere else. That's what I'm doing.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:48 PM
    I think some of you should get off Morgan's back. Give it a rest, guys!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:56 PM
    Hi Morgan; I am not trying to promote hopium here--just saying to all of you. It is good to hear that Watsa reaffirms his bid, but it is still $9 / share. Wouldn't a higher starting bid by Watsa shows more, obviously, valuation, and confidence for other interested parties to make a bid? Again, as others and I have asked ourselves multiple times, why only $9? This is Watsa's valuation, instead of the market's, no? Again, seriously, only $9 / share? What is the logic behind this? $2.6 billion cash + $2.1 billion in patents only? How about the secure network? New BES10 contracts.

I am still holding my shares at the moment.
    Yes, the markets valuation is around $8. It looks like Watsa is already being generous. Why would he pay more? He is not completely insane.
    09-25-13 07:58 PM
    FWIW

“T-Mobile continues to support the Blackberry platform,” a T-Mobile representative told AllThingsD. “The T-Mobile retail channel is moving toward fulfillment via direct ship for Blackberry devices, rather than in-store inventory. A customer will still see a phone on the shelf. If inventory is not available in the store, the device can be ordered.”
    09-25-13 08:00 PM
    Just for anyone interested, I got out too... last straw for me was Friday's warning. Last last straw was BBM botch. Luckily I sold 1/2 of my shares @11.60 a few weeks back at slightly above my average in order to diversify. Come Monday afternoon (an hour before the halt), I was eyeing pullback in my new stocks and thought, "F-it, I'll spread the rest of my BB into this new batch", so I pulled the trigger! Came out of this experience relatively unscathed at -$2700 (what kills me is that I was up 18k the day or 2 before launch)

It's been sad to see a lot of us pull out of here, we're a good group and it sucks to have it come down like this. I truly hope that everyone still holding gets vindication and it goes as high as it possibly can.

All the best!!! I'll be around here as much as I can for the rest of the fun!
    Last edited by m0de25; 09-25-13 at 08:59 PM.
    09-25-13 08:02 PM
    FWIW

�T-Mobile continues to support the Blackberry platform,� a T-Mobile representative told AllThingsD. �The T-Mobile retail channel is moving toward fulfillment via direct ship for Blackberry devices, rather than in-store inventory. A customer will still see a phone on the shelf. If inventory is not available in the store, the device can be ordered.�
    That's awful news. Basically T-Mobile has written off BlackBerry. BlackBerry should just start selling direct.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:04 PM
    Is the conference call cancelled? Why?
    09-25-13 08:06 PM
    I know some of the regulars, like myself, have exited their $BBRY position, but I hope we can continue the stock discussion in some other form in the future somewhere else. I certainly have learned from all of you about charts (I went there), the market, etc.

I'd be happy to participate fully on Money Culture.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:06 PM
    It will be interesting to see the streets reaction to canceling the cc. It is a bush league move, but RIMM always broke the normal Wall st rules, it appears BBRY is no different. Normally this type of move punishes the stock. We are so beaten down and PW's statement might balance it all out.

Posted via CB10
    Curious.... does it punish the stock even if a deal like this is on the table with around a month to go before the deadline?
    09-25-13 08:07 PM
    Kid Vibe... Better luck on your next investement, just chip back slowly over time. But dude, you got the looks, the girls, the music chops, the personality... you'll be more than OK!
    09-25-13 08:09 PM
    Hi Silversun,
    Just for my security, I have to play nemesis to your points:
    ( My counter-points are preceded by '>>>')

This Fairfax take private bid is very flimsy on hard facts. However Fairfax has its reputation on the line and based on that alone it gains a lot of credibility.

>>> The problem I have with this is the point that Fairfax's reputation is only being coveted by THEIR shareholders, and I doubt that Prem gives a rip about us BBRY holders. {IF} he wins at 9, he will happily kick us to the curb. Just my opinion. I hope I am wrong.

Also Fairfax is not overreaching, they only risk putting in their current BB stake.
    So, looking at the flimsy details it is understandable the market is trading at a discount, don't forget the ER uncertainty. As long as the LOI stands the $9 figure is the floor, and if you hold till the end $9 will be the floor, regardless where the stock goes in the meantime.

>>> I agree that the market is trading at a discount, but what do we call it if a bad ER drops the SP down without chance to recover? Prem takes back his bid on due-diligence grounds, and re-enters at $7. I would hope for a strong opposing offer from others, but if none, then this would become reality for us.

BB could trade at zero and as long as the deal stands $9 will be the floor, regardless.
    So, watching the share price has become meaningless. The only thing that counts now is the next bid, if any.

>>> I am using my ignorance card here, because I don't understand the legal-ese with exactly what's at play here, but my hunch tells me that it is indeed all about the SP. That is what I said long ago about my suspicions that Prem is sand-bagging for SP reduction.... I guess we will know soon though, eh?

LATE EDIT: Are any of these points/counter-points still valid?
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 09-25-13 at 09:58 PM.
    Hi Morgan,

He was referring to a different stock.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    Curious.... does it punish the stock even if a deal like this is on the table with around a month to go before the deadline?
    It does if people think another offer could be coming. Some speculate here that another offer is possible. Prem's statement plus the cancelation of the call IMHO just put a$9 ceiling on the SP. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:12 PM
    Supposedly BlackBerry will be showing off never seen before stuff at BB Jam Asia. That's all in good but as a BlackBerry user, I have lost a bit of confidence in the product going forward. Aside from what BlackBerry themselves will develop, this product is dead on the third party app front going forward.

Posted via CB10
    JLagoon likes this.
    09-25-13 08:13 PM
    Is the conference call cancelled? Why?
    BlackBerry Financial Results to be Released at Approximately 7:00 am Eastern on Friday, September 27 - Press Releases

"In light of the letter of intent agreement between BlackBerry and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited that was signed and announced on Monday, September 23, BlackBerry has cancelled its second quarter earnings conference call and webcast that had previously been scheduled for Friday, September 27 at 8:00 a.m. The company will publish further details regarding its second quarter results in the Management�s Discussion and Analysis and consolidated financial statements, to be filed next week."

In short, they will release the numbers next week on Friday as planned, but won't have the generally-not-very-effective-anyway conference call on Friday after all. More details will be released about the second quarter results next week.

(At least, that's my interpretation... it does say the numbers will still be out Friday morning as announced so I guess it's just more some more in-depth discussion to come next week, without a call.)
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and JLagoon like this.
    09-25-13 08:14 PM
113,256 ... 20242025202620272028 ...