View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Inexcusable. Will only create even more uncertainty.

Probably just wishful thinking, but for a few different reasons, this might indicate another bid coming soon.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-25-13 05:59 PM
    Not really that big of a deal. The kids in the stores won't show them - so what's the point? People who get BB10's are not your walk-in type of customer. Corporate, online, etc. All part of the "refocusing", I suppose.
    oh right the "Prosumers".
    notfanboy likes this.
    09-25-13 06:00 PM
    Inexcusable. Will only create even more uncertainty.

Probably just wishful thinking, but for a few different reasons, this might indicate another bid coming soon.
    Well I am disappointed as I would have liked to hear their explanation of the new accounting but that will be out next week so I'll just have to wait for that. With that said, it does make sense, I guess, as if it is going to go private, then forward looking statements and plans are irrelevant as the "new" owner may or may not wish to go that route.
    09-25-13 06:02 PM
    Well I am disappointed as I would have liked to hear their explanation of the new accounting but that will be out next week so I'll just have to wait for that. With that said, it does make sense, I guess, as if it is going to go private, then forward looking statements and plans are irrelevant as the "new" owner may or may not wish to go that route.
    it gives management an excuse to hide and not be held accountable and not be asked the tough questions. i'd be pissed if i was a shareholder right now.
    anon(4086547) and notfanboy like this.
    09-25-13 06:06 PM
    it gives management an excuse to hide and not be held accountable and not be asked the tough questions. i'd be pissed if i was a shareholder right now.
    *cricket sound*

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:10 PM
    It's not like it's a damned trial here. lol It's a conference call where they'd explain the quarter and answer questions. And lets be honest. All of the questions would be around the pending deal, nothing to do with the ER. The details of the ER, what would normally have been in the CC, will be out in a written statement next week.
    09-25-13 06:11 PM
    You and I are in the same camp, I was really looking forward to that meeting too. There won't be any press releases other than the obvious one so we can read it and figure out what we need to know. Thank god the press don't read things before they pass judgment, they may never know the meeting was cancelled. LOL

Now, this tells me one thing, the Watsa deal is the real thing, it is firm, it will close and there is nothing to stop this deal from going through now. The company believes the deal is done and it is up to others to change the fate of BBRY and their new owners. Will someone step up and offer more than $ 9.00 a share and how high is Prem prepared to go? If this is true, and the company sees no reason to talk to its shareholders now, the stock should reflect this tomorrow and move much higher. You get $ 9.00 and a chance to make more in 5 weeks.
    09-25-13 06:13 PM
    It's not like it's a damned trial here. lol It's a conference call where they'd explain the quarter and answer questions. And lets be honest. All of the questions would be around the pending deal, nothing to do with the ER. The details of the ER, what would normally have been in the CC, will be out in a written statement next week.
    silversun10 likes this.
    09-25-13 06:14 PM
    If BlackBerry does not produce a balance sheet or cash flow statement, then I'll revisit this and give it credence. Until then, it has zero similarity.
    09-25-13 06:25 PM
    Actually, Watsa's record outside the financial services deals is spotty at best. His two biggest duds were Canwest and Abitibi.

Nevertheless, he has made hundreds of millions buying American insurance companies in financial distress. He made $2 billion betting against U.S housing market. His most recent success is Irish bank investment.

Still, he represents smart money. Some are slam dunks while others like Blackberry investment, he hit the rim so far. (Sorry I couldn't help it )

He will make it work for himself. But small and long-term investors are the collateral damage here.

I recall when . Buffett came in and saved Salomon Brothers the market let it alone. When Buffett came in to bail out Goldman Sachs the market left it alone. His name and financial backing made it clear that you didn't have more firepower than he did.

I'm wondering after Watsa made the share offer, the stock bounced but has since traded back down below the pre-LOI price. Is his track-record not as long or as strong. I don't ever recall seeing a Buffett deal get challenged this much...
    danprown and Bacon Munchers like this.
    09-25-13 06:29 PM
    If BlackBerry does not produce a balance sheet or cash flow statement, then I'll revisit this and give it credence. Until then, it has zero similarity.
    my point is that the scrutiny of conference calls is a good thing. avoiding them is a red flag. i'm not saying BB is an Enron - but i am saying they are hiding from shareholders.
    09-25-13 06:29 PM
    I can't help but feel like this privatisation was planned. If they are seriously looking for other candidates then they better (successfully!) introduce x-BBM next week. And no negative surprises on Friday..

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:30 PM
    So am I alone in thinking Heins is all but officially gone?
    Kid Vibe, m0de25 and silversun10 like this.
    09-25-13 06:32 PM
    So blackberry is a buy at the current 8 dollar price? You're predicting a firm Watsa offer at 9 dollars to happen then.

You and I are in the same camp, I was really looking forward to that meeting too. There won't be any press releases other than the obvious one so we can read it and figure out what we need to know. Thank god the press don't read things before they pass judgment, they may never know the meeting was cancelled. LOL

Now, this tells me one thing, the Watsa deal is the real thing, it is firm, it will close and there is nothing to stop this deal from going through now. The company believes the deal is done and it is up to others to change the fate of BBRY and their new owners. Will someone step up and offer more than $ 9.00 a share and how high is Prem prepared to go? If this is true, and the company sees no reason to talk to its shareholders now, the stock should reflect this tomorrow and move much higher. You get $ 9.00 and a chance to make more in 5 weeks.
    danprown and silversun10 like this.
    09-25-13 06:33 PM
    So am I alone in thinking Heins is all but officially gone?
    No... the thought has crossed my mind as well.
    m0de25 and morganplus8 like this.
    09-25-13 06:38 PM
    No... the thought has crossed my mind as well.
    While it crosses your mind, I'll be crossing my fingers. not impressed with him. It won't make a difference at this point, I just don't wanna hear from him at all.
    cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    09-25-13 06:42 PM
    I think Heins' last public appearance was the Bloomberg interview where he said "we expect to sell ten of millions of Q10s". A nice way to go out.
    Bugmapper, acdne, danprown and 3 others like this.
    09-25-13 06:47 PM
    Did Morgan just say that Prem is not buying any more shares and that is Business 101? 2 days ago, he said that Prem was buying all the shares at $9 ,averaging down and he would sell out as soon as someone comes along and offers him what he wants for all of his stock. He has gone beyond 10% of the stock and holds control of the buyout. Sit back and enjoy this, learn something about the market and listen to the news. Post#49968

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    danprown and Gesig Boek like this.
    09-25-13 06:54 PM
    WTF!
    How many more surprises do they have?
    I'm suspecting that something significant is happening behind the scene.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:02 PM
    Unbelievable that a company that is barely sold canceled the CC.

Don't want people to realize that the books are BS and the warning fabricated

Unreal. I hope Prem and his offer fall apart.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:04 PM
    Unbelievable that a company that is barely sold canceled the CC.

Don't want people to realize that the books are BS and the warning fabricated

Unreal. I hope Prem and his offer fall apart.

Posted via CB10
    Cooked? On the downside? Won't that come out in the ER anyway? It's only the CC that's cancelled so we'll still see the financials with, what would be the transcript of the call, next week. I'm of the mind, as a previous poster alluded to, that TH is gone, or handed his walking papers, and they don't want to risk any bad will during a public call. That is one possibility, and the other is the fact, as I said earlier, that the call isn't usually about what happened, but what's happening and going to happen. At this point, in the flux, it's irrelevant as things can change drastically so any forward looking statements could, and most likely would be, moot.
    09-25-13 07:10 PM
    Ok, I just ranted about management but decided to erase as it didn't make me feel better. Pls ignore.
    09-25-13 07:15 PM
    Cooked? On the downside? Won't that come out in the ER anyway? It's only the CC that's cancelled so we'll still see the financials with, what would be the transcript of the call, next week. I'm of the mind, as a previous poster alluded to, that TH is gone, or handed his walking papers, and they don't want to risk any bad will during a public call. That is one possibility, and the other is the fact, as I said earlier, that the call isn't usually about what happened, but what's happening and going to happen. At this point, in the flux, it's irrelevant as things can change drastically so any forward looking statements could, and most likely would be, moot.
    The fact that revenue recognition changed when not one of the hundred articles bother to mention it when revs are being halved.

Well Prem made a statement a few hours ago. Stock should near $9 tomorrow.

And to think that I was thinking about buying calls tomorrow on a further drop. Aarghhh.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-25-13 07:18 PM
    A spokesman for Amazon.com Inc. said Sunday the online retail giant won�t launch a smartphone this year, and that if it did launch one in the future, it �would not be free.�

The pair also note that the official denial covers phones of any kind, not just free ones.

Read more: NEVER MIND: Amazon Will Not Be Selling A Free Smartphone - Business Insider
    Hmmm, not sure what kind of connection that BBRY and Amazon would have that would be good for both, but if it popped the SP, I'm all for it!

BTW, If Prem steals away BBRY for 9, there are not enough capital letters on this keyboard to express my rage! Just sayin'.
    09-25-13 07:21 PM
    Investors deserve transparency and forum to discuss the financials with company management. Also management discussion & analysis should be released at the same time as financials.

Is this amateur hour? Not good optics and wall street will pounce on this.
    m0de25 likes this.
    09-25-13 07:21 PM
113,256 ... 20232024202520262027 ...