View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    TH absolutely destroyde BBM with the announcement, the lead up, the launch, the execution, the aftermath... It could have been so much different. Probably not too late though but the trust is gone.

I'd put the value of x-BBM at 0 and so will anyone buying it up.

They can't even get it to work and it's already shown it is very open to flaws. That will takeout all value in a product.

Could x-BBM be worth something, I always argued it could. But that requires proven success and an actual product. BlackBerry **** the bed hard on a HUGE opportunity.
    m0de25 likes this.
    09-25-13 10:45 AM
    I am a shareholder of Blackberry and I love the product so I continue to hold my shares but I think this whole situation stinks. This letter of intent to purchase is a joke. It leaves the door open for Prem to walk away from it with no penalty yet he gets a $160 mill thank you gift if another offer hits the table. Why would they agree to such a one sided deal? I can think of 56 million reasons why Thor would agree to it. It's as if Thor is being motivated to push the company into a take-out position. I would like to put in an offer of $9.25 per share but I want the same deal Prem is getting. Join me and we can split the $160 million thank you gift when a real offer hits the table.
    Korepab, lcjr, morganplus8 and 7 others like this.
    09-25-13 10:46 AM
    Sold. I'll be back to share my thoughts and experiences. Going back to bed right now.
    lcjr, cgk and anon(4086547) like this.
    09-25-13 10:48 AM
    In the words of Gordon Gekko:

Ever wonder why fund managers can't beat the S&P 500? 'Cause they're sheep -- and the sheep get slaughtered. I been in the business since '69. Most of these high paid MBAs from Harvard never make it. You need a system, discipline, good people, no deal junkies, no toreadores, the deal flow burns most people out by 35. Give me PSHs -- poor, smart and hungry. And no feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting . . . and if you need a friend, get a dog . . . it's trench warfare out there sport and in here too.
    Watsa represents smart money. He's out to win. He's not a billionaire by being sentimental touchy, feely type.

So you are saying that the $9 is actually a cap, not a floor for Watsa and now he will try to get it for as low as he can? Overplay any negative news, postpone financing until last minute, etc.?
    Randeman likes this.
    09-25-13 10:49 AM
    The shorts keep shorting?
    Interactive Charts
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-si.png
    09-25-13 10:50 AM
    brutal....
    Kid Vibe, you know by now that you are my idol, every time you post a picture of you with a bunch as asian gals I think, what if ....................???? But that's my problem! LOL

I know it looks bad, but all of the talk on this thread and everything the media has to say about where "Prem", the company and the possibility of others getting involved in the deal are just hearsay. No one knows what will happen between now and November 4th, no one, not the Globe & Mail, not the Wall Street Enquirer, no one knows what is going on here. The media make it sound like raising $ 2.1 Billion, or less if you look at the price of the stock today, has never been done before. They take his offer and chop it up into cash amounts to reflect the true value of BBM=X, Enterprise, Subs, Security, Patents, Hardware etc., and they will revise those number if and when another offer for more comes in. But the same thing can be said for the many tech companies out there today, they are looking at $ 9.00 and assessing what it means to each asset class and what they can do with that asset too. In the end, none of the talk on this board matters, we are all guessing just as much as the media are totally guessing too. No one knows, for instance; do Prem and Mikey have a strong connection still, will they work together or will Mikey go it on his own? No one knows where Mikey's 5.6% position in the company wants to be, more control, under a Pension Fund control, Prem's control, etc.. No one knows where the players want this to end up, the media certainly doesn't know. As CJ has pointed out, we are on our third day, big deal, MSFT has pocket change that can turn this all on its head. To assume that more companies aren't looking at it today because they turned it down at $ 45.00/shr is silly but its the media and that circus never sleeps. (The title of my new film, "The Media Circus Never Sleeps").

I don't post here as much simply because we have to wait for real news, that's comes on Friday. If you are reading SA or Fool, you need to go back to Asia my friend and party until the company tells us something! I personaly am in the camp that the price of the stock is far too low, not everyone will agree, there are those who think it is worth its cash only, some less, the market makers have to buy the stock and as long as it trades above where it would be without "an intent to buy" letter, we are winners here. I mentioned before the Prem offer was made that it seemd to me that the stock price was way too high that day. Now we see why, funny though, the media circus missed that memo didn't they?

Spend more time looking at the volume down here and not the price, the MM's need to protect themselves but as the price of the stock drops, fewer investors will sell at these levels. Any bounce in the stock price might be the beginning of the next bidder because Prem is leaving himself wide open for another company to step up to the plate here. Ask yourself, how much does Prem need to hand over his shares and of course, the same for Mikey too. I don't believe the company dumbed itself down to get a better price for Prem, Heins has stock at $ 9.69/shr and wants to make money too. Mikey won't sttle for $ 9.00/shr, he'll need to partner up with Prem or out bid him. GL
    09-25-13 10:53 AM
    man....purchasing blackberry stocks may have been one of the worst decisions I've ever made
    All experiences are good. . . . . . . . . . some are better.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and YangFui like this.
    09-25-13 10:54 AM
    Sold. I'll be back to share my thoughts and experiences. Going back to bed right now.
    Make sure you keep you sunny disposition (as someone else noted), we need it to balance miserable assholes like me.
    09-25-13 10:56 AM
    Well, 8 bux and I'll be out. We'll see peeps. Biggest financial mistake thus far, live and learn...
    For me too.
    As Yang said, a) superior products doesn't necessarily equal better sales, b) logic and numbers didn't work in this case.
    But I am going hold to see what's in the ER (not suggesting that you do the same of course). Previous ERs had been vague to buy time (I guess), hopefully we will see more concrete things this time. What I don't understand is why they need to sell for $4.7 billion since they don't need cash (especially after refocusing) and should make profits after cutting 4,500 jobs. It just doesn't fit right to me, probably there are things that we don't know yet. Good luck man.
    09-25-13 11:01 AM
    Watsa threw everyone paying attention a lifeline on Monday with a $9/share offer. I closed my options trade out for less than I would have hoped but sometimes its better to take the small gain or loss and run!

Something is off here, others keep speculating about so and so coming in to bid higher, but we have to bear in mind that if Samsung, Lenovo, Apple, MSFT want a piece, all they have to do is wait.

The aforementioned firms all have bankers as well and are probably being advised to wait to see how low the price goes... but right now the market is screaming that other offers are unlikely to be marginally better if one is even offered. For those who bail now, at least you've crystalized gains/losses and put these dark days behind ya.
    Gesig Boek likes this.
    09-25-13 11:02 AM
    Sorry guys. I just sold half my position.

Albeit I have been absolutely wrong with this stock so maybe this is a contrary an indicator. GL.
    No need to apologize. We all must do what we feel is right for us individually.

And you are still the same guy to us as you were before and after your sale. All is cool.
    09-25-13 11:05 AM
    Well, 8 bux and I'll be out. We'll see peeps. Biggest financial mistake thus far, live and learn...
    Later on in life you will look back on this as a relatively inexpensive lesson about diversification, etc. Believe me. I was an early investor in 2000 when all tech stocks did this and learned the same way and I'm very glad for it because in 2008 it was just as bad but I had a lot more at stake. We all have to go through it.
    For me too.
    As Yang said, a) superior products doesn't necessarily equal better sales, b) logic and numbers didn't work in this case.
    But I am going hold to see what's in the ER (not suggesting that you do the same of course). Previous ERs had been vague to buy time (I guess), hopefully we will see more concrete things this time. What I don't understand is why they need to sell for $4.7 billion since they don't need cash (especially after refocusing) and should make profits after cutting 4,500 jobs. It just doesn't fit right to me, probably there are things that we don't know yet. Good luck man.
    They need time, not money. Cutting their product lines and reducing staff by 40% should do that in another quarter or two. This is not just a straight up sale of a struggling company.
    Err ... not sure anything besides "thinking of you" fits better my mind.
    Hope this won't hurt your finances too bad.
    :hug:
    SF
    09-25-13 11:06 AM
    More than anything, cash burn is what I want to see.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-25-13 11:07 AM
    09-25-13 11:08 AM
    You’re right, no one knows what will happen here, but the Globe WSJ, etc have their contacts which are more than anyone here can say. I can’t call a contact in Waterloo and get some colour. The stock is 10% below an already low takeout price...

I think the smart money has this. The merger arb desks on Wall Street have this dog by the tail!
    09-25-13 11:09 AM
    Popcorn anyone ?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...report-853801/
    Randeman likes this.
    09-25-13 11:13 AM
    In my case, I was mad as hell when the offer was made, so I decided not to post here until my temper came down. I do not have a whole lot of trust left in this company but that's me. Average at 11.80$ will see me loose a few k's as I am about to sell as well. Live and learn, they say. Well some are dumber than others: back in 1999-2000, I made my first encounter with the market as I jumped on the Nortel train as it was skyrocketing. Got in at 110$, but was "smart" enough to only loose half when I sold at 55$. Bought some more at 8$ to be left with nothing as of today. I though I was doing better now because I really though I knew more about the company I was investing in this time around, but the market can be tough on people. Keeping up with this thread certainly has been interested, although I did not post much. Now that I feel played by BBRY, Prem. Watsa and TH, I am hoping to put this behind me and leave investing in on the market to "smarter people" than me!!

Keep it real!
    09-25-13 11:15 AM
    For me too.
    plasmid_boy!!

A lot of things don't make sense when you factor in the media guessing machine. The whole point of right sizing a business is to make it profitable for more than one more quarter. If they really wanted to do a deal, they would arrange to license patents, BB 10 and whatever else they needed to meet the requirement for a loan. I don't think Prem has any problem financing this deal but accepting that wouldn't get you any "clicks" would it? We should start a thread that does a countdown/diary, " It is day three and BBRY is trading like a deal will never come ............" We are all on the island "BBRY" and have to wait to hear from Heins on Friday. I guess I'm the only one buying some shares down here?

I continue to think that Prem wants it for $ 9.00 a share but he is leaving the door wide open for others to come in and negotiate his shares from him. Then there is Mikey, what does he want?
    09-25-13 11:21 AM
    Very possible scenario,

If a firm deal ends up being tabled at $9 I suspect there is no way it can fail. If shareholders think it�s a low bid, they should ask themselves why nobody else is willing to pay more. Look at BlackBerry�s stock today. It�s trading at $8.18 as I type, and that�s a very clear indication that shareholders don�t believe a better offer is coming, and they furthermore believe Fairfax may lower it�s offer.
    from the article

09-25-13 11:34 AM
    The Warren Buffet of Canada, a billionaire, tells Blackberry that he will pay $9 per share in six weeks. The market says "Naah, I'll take $8.20 now." LOL.
    09-25-13 11:36 AM
    Spend more time looking at the volume down here and not the price, the MM's need to protect themselves but as the price of the stock drops, fewer investors will sell at these levels. Any bounce in the stock price might be the beginning of the next bidder because Prem is leaving himself wide open for another company to step up to the plate here. Ask yourself, how much does Prem need to hand over his shares and of course, the same for Mikey too. I don't believe the company dumbed itself down to get a better price for Prem, Heins has stock at $ 9.69/shr and wants to make money too. Mikey won't sttle for $ 9.00/shr, he'll need to partner up with Prem or out bid him. GL
    Everyone wanst to make money, the sad truth is you get what you can.

BB10 FAILED There is no plan "B"....

BlackBerry has NOTHING to fall back on that will come close to the revenues of their smartphone business. xBBM is at least a year from bring in revenues, and it has as much (or little) of a shot as BB10 did... Service revenues are a small portion of BB business, and will fall as existing users transition to OTHER platforms (they aren't buying BB10). Who knows if BES10 will see another CAL sold in the coming months with all of the uncertainty surrounding the company. You can only cut so many cost to prop up revenues.

PW is set, even if the value of his shares fall he has locked himself into making a big chunk of that back in reselling pieces of BB later.

Mikey and Thor have very few options (join PS and add their shares to his as partners), or watch as the Cash Reserves of BlackBerry dwindle away and the offers become smaller and smaller...

As to Prem leaving himself wide open for another company to step up... that is pretty much what everyone is saying, that he isn't really interested and wants someone else to step in with a better offer. Of course they are all saying that looking at BB now, there most likely isn't going to be a better offer.

Think kid vibe did the right thing.. JMHO
    ADGrant likes this.
    09-25-13 11:38 AM
    The Warren Buffet of Canada, a billionaire, tells Blackberry that he will pay $9 per share in six weeks. The market says "Naah, I'll take $8.20 now." LOL.
    this guy Watsa isn't fit to wash Warren Buffett's jock strap.
    09-25-13 11:46 AM
    I am a shareholder of Blackberry and I love the product so I continue to hold my shares but I think this whole situation stinks. This letter of intent to purchase is a joke. It leaves the door open for Prem to walk away from it with no penalty yet he gets a $160 mill thank you gift if another offer hits the table. Why would they agree to such a one sided deal? I can think of 56 million reasons why Thor would agree to it. It's as if Thor is being motivated to push the company into a take-out position. I would like to put in an offer of $9.25 per share but I want the same deal Prem is getting. Join me and we can split the $160 million thank you gift when a real offer hits the table.
    The board agreed because it didn't have any better options. The market does not think a better deal will come a long and therefore the $9 offer has set a cap for the stock price.
    09-25-13 11:47 AM
113,256 ... 20152016201720182019 ...