View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Brace yourself for **** news about this and Prem bluffing... That is all. ER is coming up, what to expect, will TH even be there?
    He better be there....

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:31 PM
    That is, of course, why I bolded those particular sections and added "Let the games begin".

I thought I would be best coming from a supporter than the usual sub-bridge dwellers. :-)
    yes, i understand that, just spelling out what is wrong with the article. sorry for the confusion.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-24-13 08:35 PM
    Can you elaborate on that, GTA online is part of the disc, I'm not aware that online would generate additional revenue.
    I think the insinuation is that GTA online may entice more consumers to purchase the game thus generating more sales.

Also, perhaps there are revenue streams built into GTA online such as buying items for your loft/mansion so that you can entertain friends virtually. These are all possibilities.

TTWO would have been a good buy when GTA V was delayed. Now, I don't see a good ROI, even with NBA2k14 and WWE2k14 coming out soon.

Posted via CB10
    abouthsu likes this.
    09-24-13 08:54 PM
    Even though it was an automatic sale, it doesn't sit with the public well.

He should buy 10x the number of shares on the open market right now to put this away, which would add the side benefit of showing confidence that the deal will go through; however, that would be dangerously close to behaving like a human being connected to reality.

ROBO-THOR ***wishing I knew how to use photoshop***
    Thor CANNOT ever buy BBRY shares on the open market outside of automated decisions planned way in advance. And he will never do that because his compensation is being given shares. Every trade he makes in his own company is by default presumed to be illegal insider trading. Only the most automated of trades decided by an independent fiduciary with little oversight by Thor making trades on his behalf can allow him to trade without the potential for adverse legal results.

These executives are largely paid in shares of the company which vest over long periods, Selling some of those shares is the only way for them to prudently diversify their holdings. This does not seem fishy. In fact, Thor probably had no idea that "he" was selling shares that specific day.
    09-24-13 09:01 PM
    Soooooooo.... profits on Friday? Imagine if that were to happen.

Patience is running low, but this is it, the last kick at the can. We need some bidders to act, but will they? Also, could the SP hit above 9 US regardless of no bids coming out... with the release of BBMX and etc...?

P. Watsa is working for Whatsapp.

Watsa P.

Watsap

Whatsapp?

Saw it in another thread, laughed.
    I think any decent revenue is unlikely to happen. I don't expect any good news from the ER. The only good thing I can think of happening to BBRY in the short run is (a) another bidder, (b) incredible reviews and pickup of BBM, and (c) good reviews of Z10 and OS 10.2. Maybe one more good thing would be some monster security breach in Android. Other than those things, I think we settle in around this price for the stock.
    09-24-13 09:05 PM
    Great discussion on cbc bottom line about blackberry. Hope all the cannucks saw it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:43 PM
    I think the insinuation is that GTA online may entice more consumers to purchase the game thus generating more sales.

Also, perhaps there are revenue streams built into GTA online such as buying items for your loft/mansion so that you can entertain friends virtually. These are all possibilities.

TTWO would have been a good buy when GTA V was delayed. Now, I don't see a good ROI, even with NBA2k14 and WWE2k14 coming out soon.

Posted via CB10
    /\ This /\ I would think that come Oct 1st (when it goes online) there will be another bump in interest/sales from the already surpassed expectations. 1 billion in a few days is insane. Also, since we're about to enter a new console cycle with the new XBox and PS4, GTA5 will have yet another sale boost so although this ship has sailed, there's still a lot of wind left to drive them into '14
    09-24-13 09:47 PM
    He better be there....

Posted via CB10
    Lol! I suggest everyone read that line while staring at your avatar.
    Bugmapper, sidhuk and lcjr like this.
    09-24-13 09:49 PM
    09-24-13 09:55 PM
    Didn't happen, fake story. (wish it was true, though!)
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-24-13 10:00 PM
    OH MAN!!! really? damn haha. STILL funny storry lol

Didn't happen, fake story. (wish it was true, though!)
    m0de25 likes this.
    09-24-13 10:27 PM
    Very similar reaction between Heins' and Elop's severances. Nokia is pleading with Elop to reduce his 25M severance since all of Finland is in an uproar about what went down under his command... but apparently his (soon to be ex-)wife refuses to budge!

Nokia Elop Bonus Scandal: Elop refuses smaller bonus, cites divorce | BGR
    09-24-13 10:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    What they have done with GTA wasnt unexpected but definitely was not expecting 1B sales in a few days! I agreed with the current SP already factored in to the play but the next generation consoles just around the corner, my prefer bet would be on #AMD than #TTWO. #EA SPORTS has been making a decent run so far for the past little while, Battlefield 4 will be another great title to generate some decent revenue. Plus COD etc just to name a few.
    09-24-13 11:20 PM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;9228997]Ribes Nigrum!!

The current price is what it is, they offered $ 9.00/shr and if that looks good to you, it's a fair price. As you can see by the volume, the shares are being picked up at an alarming rate here. That's a run of 16 million shares in the first 1/2 hour. Shareholders are voting right now, they are giving Prem their shares at $ 8.63/shr currently, telling him to take over the company. If he gets to 90% it's a done deal. So someone interested in the company has to buy his shares at a price that he will accept. Time is of the essence here, if MSFT wanted to buy the company, they now have to deal with Prem and Mikey, its that simple, what would those two want to hand over their shares? MSFT could offer $ 13.50/shr and these guys might not go for it.

I heard on Bloomberg and few other reports that FairFax is not spending any more money on this transaction and just rolling it's 10% ownership into it. Also the fact is Mike is not involved yet. Also he is yet to get financing done and he is hoping for partners and banks to provide that. To me he is trying to recoup the loss of BB shares with this contract so new bidders will emerge if any. If that does not work then he will see if he can get financing g done and then sell BB in parts within 2-3 years with better value. If all that fails he takes losses just like we retails done or doing..
    CDM76, bungaboy and Ribes Nigrum like this.
    09-24-13 11:22 PM
    Get back to sleep kids, enough with cowbells
    Good night
    abouthsu, _dimi_ and bungaboy like this.
    09-24-13 11:44 PM
    Great discussion on cbc bottom line about blackberry. Hope all the cannucks saw it.

Posted via CB10
    Link please

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    09-24-13 11:53 PM
    Get back to sleep kids, enough with cowbells
    Good night
    Almost there, I only sleep when my boss is asleep. Never realized a 15 months old can have that much energy, Good night!
    09-25-13 12:23 AM
    Almost there, I only sleep when my boss is asleep. Never realized a 15 months old can have that much energy, Good night!
    They can wear you down.
    09-25-13 02:05 AM
    He better be there....

Posted via CB10
    I hope he keeps his mouth shut. His words have never helped.
    09-25-13 05:31 AM
    Are we expecting any surprises at the earnings call? surely they front-loaded the bad news last week?
    09-25-13 05:36 AM
    I hope he keeps his mouth shut. His words have never helped.
    At this point, it really doesn't matter what he says. The kicker was on Friday. All they can do now is explain their accounting methods/changes and hopefully reveal how many units actually shipped last quarter. That's the main thing I'm looking to hear. That, and where the increase in service revenue came from. Was it new subs in consumer or new BES10 contracts.
    09-25-13 05:37 AM
    At this point, it really doesn't matter what he says. The kicker was on Friday. All they can do now is explain their accounting methods/changes and hopefully reveal how many units actually shipped last quarter. That's the main thing I'm looking to hear. That, and where the increase in service revenue came from. Was it new subs in consumer or new BES10 contracts.
    Flat wasn't it?

The company also said it sees increasing penetration of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES 10) with more than 25,000 commercial and test servers installed to date, up from 19,000 in July 2013. What was not however clarified is what percent of those installations are for testing purposes and how many are paying clients. My guess is that most of the new installs are for testing purposes, given that service revenue is about the same.

This also confirms my suspicions that there are many thousands of companies out there that would like to upgrade to BES 10 and also upgrade their older BB7 devices, but they are waiting to see if the company survives as a going concern.

Something else that I view as very positive, is that service revenue has not been affected. The company said that of the $1.6 billion in revenue, about 50% is expected to be in services. That comes out to about $800 million, which is the same as the service revenue booked in Q1.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Assessing The Fallout From The BlackBerry Disaster - Seeking Alpha
    09-25-13 05:42 AM
    It depends on how accurate the "about" figures are. It was "about" 1.6 billion in revenue with "about" 50% split for hardware and services. Last Q it was 794 million in services. At the same time, there could have been a decrease in overall service revs with a realization of part or all of the Venezuela money's owed
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    09-25-13 05:46 AM
    Looking at the pre-market, so much for the idea that $9 would set a floor.
    09-25-13 05:50 AM
    I agree. The "Sale" news greatly over shadows anything that could come from the ER.

Still hoping that there will be more bids but the longer it goes without more bids . . . . . .
    09-25-13 05:53 AM
113,256 ... 20102011201220132014 ...