View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This was the time leading up to the Iraq invasion. They were one of a few contracted security corporations we used and pumped millions of dollars into for a few years. I remember dealing with some of their people when I was training up our company to go to Kosovo in 2002.
    Huh?

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions began as Wireless Facilities Incorporated (WFI),[2] a company whose primary market was the building and support of the telecommunications infrastructure and networks. In 2004 the company's board of directors focused the company on providing professional services to the US Government, primarily the U.S. Department of Defense.
    09-24-13 04:56 PM
    Further, from Zacks:

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc ( KTOS ) has moved higher as of late, but there could definitely be trouble on the horizon for this company. That is because KTOS is now in overbought territory with an RSI value of 74.30. Furthermore, estimates for the Kratos Defense & Security Solutions have been coming down, pushing it to a Zacks Rank #4 (Sell). This suggests that investors may better off exiting this stock before it falls back to Earth.

Read more: Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc (KTOS) Enters Overbought Territory - Tale of the Tape - NASDAQ.com
    09-24-13 04:58 PM
    Huh?

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions began as Wireless Facilities Incorporated (WFI),[2] a company whose primary market was the building and support of the telecommunications infrastructure and networks. In 2004 the company's board of directors focused the company on providing professional services to the US Government, primarily the U.S. Department of Defense.
    Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: KTOS) is a specialized National Security Technology business providing mission critical products, services and solutions for United States National Security priorities. Kratos’ core capabilities are sophisticated engineering, manufacturing and system integration offerings for National Security platforms and programs. Kratos’ areas of expertise include C5ISR, satellite communication systems, electronic warfare, unmanned systems, missile defense, cyber warfare, cyber security, information assurance, and critical infrastructure security. Kratos has primarily an engineering and technical oriented work force of approximately 4,300. The vast majority of Kratos’ work is performed on a military base, in a secure facility or at a critical infrastructure location. Kratos’ primary end customers are National Security related agencies.

Headquartered in San Diego, California and with offices around the U.S.
    and in key customer locations, Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: KTOS) is an innovative provider of mission critical engineering,
    IT services and war fighter solutions.

What We DoWe work primarily for the U.S. federal government, but we also perform work for state and local agencies. Our principal services include Command, Control, Communications, Computing, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), Weapon Systems Lifecycle Support, Military Weapon Range and Technical Services, Network Engineering Services, Advanced IT Services, Security and Surveillance Systems, and Critical Infrastructure Design and Integration Services.

The diversified and stable client base of Kratos, along with strong client relationships, a broad array of contracts, a highly-skilled employee base with possession of government security clearances, and significant management and operational capabilities positions Kratos to become the leading professional services provider for federal government customers.

Edit: Trust me, they were doing security related contracts before 2004.
    09-24-13 05:01 PM
    Funny thing happened when I logged into BBM channels today. Maybe there was some crosstalk, but, I came across this discussion between a guy named Prem and a guy named Warren (or something similar)...
    Couldn't figure anything out so I went to the Maxim channel instead - much more important stuff there!
    sidhuk, lcjr, Jahcure and 6 others like this.
    09-24-13 05:02 PM
    Further, from Zacks:

Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc ( KTOS ) has moved higher as of late, but there could definitely be trouble on the horizon for this company. That is because KTOS is now in overbought territory with an RSI value of 74.30. Furthermore, estimates for the Kratos Defense & Security Solutions have been coming down, pushing it to a Zacks Rank #4 (Sell). This suggests that investors may better off exiting this stock before it falls back to Earth.

Read more: Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc (KTOS) Enters Overbought Territory - Tale of the Tape - NASDAQ.com
    Yep, saw that too. But I also saw them receiving multiple big-money contracts as of late. I figure at this price I can invest a few dollars.
    abouthsu likes this.
    09-24-13 05:13 PM
    Well gang, it's BEER-THIRTY here, so I'm checking out. I'll probably be back on later.
    09-24-13 05:25 PM
    This thread is now taken the life of an Octopus. I am so confused I don't even follow what we are talking about. (OK, nothing new there). LoL

Don't be surprised if SF gives us a spanking tomorrow when he wakes up.
    09-24-13 05:41 PM
    Yep, saw that too. But I also saw them receiving multiple big-money contracts as of late. I figure at this price I can invest a few dollars.
    Good deal. Wish you well. I'm getting away from anything DoD related with impending cuts.
    lcjr likes this.
    09-24-13 05:48 PM
    Since we're off topic, Apple's new OS is making kids cry.....

09-24-13 05:49 PM
    Let the games begin. :-)

BlackBerry executives sold newly vested stock on day of warning

Solarina Ho
    TORONTO — Reuters

Published Tuesday, Sep. 24 2013, 5:45 PM EDT
    Last updated Tuesday, Sep. 24 2013, 6:52 PM EDT

Top BlackBerry executives sold small blocks of the company’s stock on the day that the smartphone maker warned of a huge quarterly operating loss and massive job cuts, according to Canadian regulatory filings.

The filings showed that Chief Executive Thorsten Heins and Chief Financial Officer Brian Bidulka sold about 51.1 per cent of their batches of newly vested shares on Sept. 20, netting $121,107.68 and $40,386.79, respectively.

There is no indication of any wrongdoing by the executives or the company.

The shares were sold automatically by the trustee of BlackBerry’s restricted stock unit (RSU) plan to cover taxes owed by the two executives as a result of the vested RSUs, BlackBerry spokesman Adam Emery said by e-mail.

RSUs are granted and then vest over three years on the anniversary date, said Emery, noting the details of the plan are disclosed in the management circular, available on BlackBerry’s website.

In BlackBerry’s fiscal 2013, which ended March 2, Heins received nearly $3-million in RSUs.

Filings on Canada’s System for Electronic Disclosure by Insiders show that Heins and Bidulka have sold a similar percentage of BlackBerry shares around the same time over the last several quarters.

The executives sold a similar amount of stock at $6.8517 a share on Sept. 20 last year.

BlackBerry declined to make the executives available for comment.

Based on Friday’s Toronto closing price of $9.08 a share, the sale netted the two men a combined $22,325.31 more than they would have received had they sold after BlackBerry’s warning at about 3:15 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20.

Trading in the shares was halted just before the announcement and resumed at about 3:27 p.m.

The company said it expected to report an operating loss of nearly $1-billion for the quarter to late August.

The filings showed that Heins sold 11,494 shares out of the 22,500 restricted stock units that vested on September 19 at $10.5366 a share. Bidulka sold 3,833 shares of his 7,500 vested shares during the same period at the same price.

The shares fell almost 24 per cent to $8.25 after the warning on Friday, hitting their lowest level this year.

Both executives also sold 53.8 per cent of 10,000 restricted stock units that vested on Sept. 20 for $8.51 a share on Monday, Sept. 23, the same day the company announced it had agreed to go private in a $4.7-billion deal, led by its biggest shareholder. The shares closed at $9.08 that day in Toronto.

Shares of BlackBerry finished at $8.78 on Tuesday.

Last edited by bungaboy; 09-24-13 at 06:31 PM.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and plasmid_boy like this.
    09-24-13 06:09 PM

FML. **** like this just makes me want to get out of the company...
    plasmid_boy, m0de25, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    09-24-13 06:12 PM
    Any events coming up for them? Timelines? US is always big on security, I don't doubt they are spending big money, but since I know very little in those areas, GTA V is probably the only exposures I had with security concerns
    Speaking of GTA V, I added Take Two, the maker of GTA V. Earnings will be nice. $TTWO.

They have yet to release the game for PC and the upcoming consoles, along with other titles.
    09-24-13 06:31 PM
    FML. **** like this just makes me want to get out of the company...
    I want to say so many things right now but will hold my tongue. I will never ever place my trust and loyalty in a company again. Hard lessons learned for this man. I really need a beer now. Later.
    m0de25, take99, m1a1mg and 3 others like this.
    09-24-13 07:08 PM
    Speaking of GTA V, I added Take Two, the maker of GTA V. Earnings will be nice. $TTWO.

They have yet to release the game for PC and the upcoming consoles, along with other titles.
    Shall we say Ka-Ching for TTWO! I haven't research much about them, but I would think the current SP already factor that in but who knows I can see this GTA cash machine keep growing though. I wanna play GTA but the wifey won't let me when my little girl is around. too much RATE+R stuff in the game! LOL
    leafs123 and sidhuk like this.
    09-24-13 07:10 PM
    I think this is a non-story. These things are set up in advance and the executives cannot just change them, as arguably that in itself may be considered a signal.

I think, however, that given the pretty accurate WSJ leaks about the company, the media will move into phase two -- the personal stories. Expect more info into the men behind the names in the tone of the Jet story and the story above...

09-24-13 07:14 PM

Not to mention GTA Online
    leafs123 likes this.
    09-24-13 07:19 PM
    SpankingS !
    Nite gang!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:22 PM
    SpankingS !
    Nite gang!

Posted via CB10
    I kinda like....
    Oh, never mind.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:27 PM
    Seriously though 120k for heins is nothing seeing as he will be pocketing 55 mill in the near future. I don't think it's a huge deal other than he looks like an *** to those of us that lost a whack of dough on Friday.
    09-24-13 07:27 PM
    Even though it was an automatic sale, it doesn't sit with the public well.

He should buy 10x the number of shares on the open market right now to put this away, which would add the side benefit of showing confidence that the deal will go through; however, that would be dangerously close to behaving like a human being connected to reality.

ROBO-THOR ***wishing I knew how to use photoshop***
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-24-13 07:54 PM
    Seriously though 120k for heins is nothing seeing as he will be pocketing 55 mill in the near future. I don't think it's a huge deal other than he looks like an *** to those of us that lost a whack of dough on Friday.
    It is the fiduciary duty of the BOD and Management the shareholders receive maximum value for their shares!

This must always be at the forefront.
    take99 and sidhuk like this.
    09-24-13 07:55 PM
    Not to mention GTA Online
    Can you elaborate on that, GTA online is part of the disc, I'm not aware that online would generate additional revenue.
    09-24-13 08:00 PM
    we wish this would be BB's problem, it is irrelevant. stock options are part of his pay and that is how he cashes in on his pay. get over it that is routine for better or worse.
    but this story may sell papers, and papers have to get a cut out of this story too, i guess.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-24-13 08:02 PM
    we wish this would be BB's problem, it is irrelevant. stock options are part of his pay and that is how he cashes in on his pay. get over it that is routine for better or worse.
    but this story may sell papers, and papers have to get a cut out of this story too, i guess.
    That is, of course, why I bolded those particular sections and added "Let the games begin".

I thought I would be best coming from a supporter than the usual sub-bridge dwellers. :-)
    09-24-13 08:14 PM
    Brace yourself for **** news about this and Prem bluffing... That is all. ER is coming up, what to expect, will TH even be there?
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-24-13 08:27 PM
113,256 ... 20092010201120122013 ...