1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Do you have a link?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:46 PM
    Where is the 8 corporation press release?

Posted via CB10
    UK Enterprises Embrace BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - Yahoo Finance
    09-24-13 12:47 PM
    So when there are rumours about lay-offs and write downs it must be true, but rumours about interest from 3rd parties can't be.. At least be consistent and give the idea a chance :-) We'll know soon enough if there's any interest, but if you have a link to the article about Amazon stating there's no interest please share it? I can't find it

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:57 PM
    So when there are rumours about lay-offs and write downs it must be true, but rumours about interest from 3rd parties can't be.. At least be consistent and give the idea a chance :-) We'll know soon enough if there's any interest, but if you have a link to the article about Amazon stating there's no interest please share it? I can't find it

Posted via CB10
    A spokesman for Amazon.com Inc. said Sunday the online retail giant won’t launch a smartphone this year, and that if it did launch one in the future, it “would not be free.”

The pair also note that the official denial covers phones of any kind, not just free ones.

Read more: NEVER MIND: Amazon Will Not Be Selling A Free Smartphone - Business Insider
    09-24-13 01:06 PM
    09-24-13 01:06 PM
    Remember the 'person familiar with the matter'? Here's what this 'person' is saying now.

The Wall Street Journal reported that there are other parties still considering making a bid for BlackBerry, citing an unnamed person familiar with the matter.

BlackBerry Ltd�s tentative buyout at $4.7-billion would make it cheapest tech takeover ever | Financial Post
    09-24-13 01:10 PM
    A spokesman for Amazon.com Inc. said Sunday the online retail giant won�t launch a smartphone this year, and that if it did launch one in the future, it �would not be free.�

The pair also note that the official denial covers phones of any kind, not just free ones.

Read more: NEVER MIND: Amazon Will Not Be Selling A Free Smartphone - Business Insider
    Thanks. I'm not convinced after having read that.. but that might be my rose coloured glasses ;-)

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and m1a1mg like this.
    09-24-13 01:15 PM
    Life's good at Sugar Loaf, Rio de Janeiro :-)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001557.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:20 PM
    Nite gang, tuesday music time. Count on me to HIT THE COWBELL LIKE HELL !!!
    Cyou 2morrow.
    Stay brave, calm and ... civil !
    09-24-13 01:27 PM
    Indeed, I thought SP would trade closer to $9. If i'm not mistaken, reading from the previous posts. Isn't Prem trying to get his hands on as many available shares as possible? So with a letter of intent, he is not adding or acquiring more shares ?
    He might be waiting on a lower stock price before he buys. Everything is still up in the air. Even this $9 offer can evaporate.

It will take a weeks or so to see what happens.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 09-24-13 at 01:40 PM.
    09-24-13 01:28 PM
    With Prem's offer of $9 on the table, are there still people selling under $9? I thought the constant of scooping up all the available shares and with the offer at 9, don't understand why SP would be below 9 atm. Sorry if this seems like a really dumb question.
    Give it more time, Prem is averaging down, he has crossed the 10% threshold but he might only buy up to a 20% ownership going into the deal. He needs to get his average down to a level where he can make money on other offers. For the rest of the trade, the arbitrage or market makers are paying the lowest amount they can offer to lower their risk on the books. If they can buy shares for $ 8.50 each they will and we don't blame them as they have to carry those shares to the end and hope not to get burned. Once the fall out of the heavy sales are over, the price will approach $ 9.00/shr and hit it when the deal goes live. You will know something is up if the share price suddenly pops and we are above $ 9.00, that's a new player coming to the table. Plenty of time here, we need to look forward to the Q2 meeting and BBM-X long before we hear from others.
    09-24-13 01:34 PM
    I think he's way out but I know a lot of you rate Blair:

Yesterday I learned that Fairfax's proposal does not involve a commitment of new money by Fairfax (who I understand will simply roll over its existing holding into the acquiring entity), is subject to financing and other conditions, and has a "break fee" in favour of Fairfax should a deal not proceed. Those circumstances lead me to believe the Fairfax offer is "bluff poker" and not likely to proceed. The market is likely to call that bluff.

Whatever the facts underlying the massive BlackBerry write down and regardless of the merits of the Fairfax bid, the news cannot be positive for the operations of the company. Confusion is not a strong selling pitch. Large losses do not inspire confidence among corporate customers. Uncertainty is deadly.

Accordingly, at the opening today I will buy puts that match the number of calls I own at least. If there is a bid, I will profit from the calls if it exceeds my strike by at least the premium I paid. If not, and the company falters further, I will profit from the puts as the stock price falls further. I will of course take a bath if the stock simply trades more or less where it is until the options expire. It won't be my first bath in the market, and I don't expect it to be my last.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Is Prem Watsa Playing Bluff Poker With BlackBerry? - Seeking Alpha
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-24-13 01:35 PM
    Off-topic (MoneyCulture topic)
    @Morganplus8 - - you were talking about HALO earlier. So, now that my BlackBerry calls (strike 35) are worthless, I am wondering where to invest $1000 tomorrow? If you had only $1000 to invest, would you buy HALO calls (strike $11) expiring in 3-4 months?

What's your outlook/target on HALO?
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-24-13 01:45 PM
    Give it more time, Prem is averaging down, he has crossed the 10% threshold but he might only buy up to a 20% ownership going into the deal. He needs to get his average down to a level where he can make money on other offers. For the rest of the trade, the arbitrage or market makers are paying the lowest amount they can offer to lower their risk on the books. If they can buy shares for $ 8.50 each they will and we don't blame them as they have to carry those shares to the end and hope not to get burned. Once the fall out of the heavy sales are over, the price will approach $ 9.00/shr and hit it when the deal goes live. You will know something is up if the share price suddenly pops and we are above $ 9.00, that's a new player coming to the table. Plenty of time here, we need to look forward to the Q2 meeting and BBM-X long before we hear from others.
    Considering that Watsa started with 52M shares at $17 average.
    Buying 50M shares at $9 would drop his average to $13.
    Buying 100M at $9 would drop his average to $12.
    Buying 150M - 200M at $9 would be $11.
    Buying 300M - 400M at $9 would be $10

Maybe at the moment, he is already at $13.
    09-24-13 01:47 PM
    Off-topic (MoneyCulture topic)
    @Morganplus8 - - you were talking about HALO earlier. So, now that my BlackBerry calls (strike 35) are worthless, I am wondering where to invest $1000 tomorrow? If you were in my place, would you buy [B]HALO [/B]calls (strike $11) expiring in 3-4 months?

What's your outlook/target on HALO?

I certainly can't speak for you but I'm a buyer of HALO on any weakness here. They have a ton of news coming out in the weeks ahead so your timeline is very good indeed. The company that has been so successful this year, ACAD, is still hitting 52 week highs and this one (HALO) is at the beginning of their cycle. Follow the Baker Brothers. My target is at least a double from here. GL
    09-24-13 01:49 PM
    I certainly can't speak for you but I'm a buyer of HALO on any weakness here. They have a ton of news coming out in the weeks ahead so your timeline is very good indeed. The company that has been so successful this year, ACAD, is still hitting 52 week highs and this one (HALO) is at the beginning of their cycle. Follow the Baker Brothers. My target is at least a double from here. GL
    Thanks, Morgan!
    whoa! you expect them to be $18+ in a month? Given that their ER is in the first week of November. OK - I just bought those calls! I am IN the play now!

Note to well-wishers: I am doing this with full understanding of risks involved. No need to tell me to stop listening to Morgan's tips. I did this at MY own risk.
    09-24-13 01:55 PM
    Some BB discussion on the Berkshire Fairfax forums:
    Corner of Berkshire & Fairfax Message Board - Index
    danprown and kfh227 like this.
    09-24-13 01:58 PM
    Prem filed a 13f saying he is now over 10%?

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe and cjcampbell like this.
    09-24-13 02:02 PM
    Considering that Watsa started with 52M shares at $17 average.
    Buying 50M shares at $9 would drop his average to $13.
    Buying 100M at $9 would drop his average to $12.
    Buying 150M - 200M at $9 would be $11.
    Buying 300M - 400M at $9 would be $10

Maybe at the moment, he is already at $13.
    He is not allowed to buy share when he had all the financial data accessible from bbry.
    09-24-13 02:04 PM
    He is not allowed to buy share when he had all the financial data accessible from bbry.
    He is now with the letter of intent.
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-24-13 02:06 PM
    It's a publicly traded company. Its financials are available to everyone. This isn't insider information.

: facepalm:

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 02:08 PM
    Thanks, Morgan!
    whoa! you expect them to be $18+ in a month? Given that their ER is in the first week of November. OK - I just bought those calls! I am IN the play now!

Note to well-wishers: I am doing this with full understanding of risks involved. No need to tell me to stop listening to Morgan's tips. I did this at MY own risk.
    Whoa is right! I didn't say they would be at $ 18.00/shr in a month! Where did you get that? They are going to release some market changing news in the weeks ahead, that could mean the stock takes all of this year to get to $ 18.00/shr. I see them going to that level but it will take some time to get there. Make sure you own those Calls that you mentioned, the ones that are 3 - 4 months out!!!
    09-24-13 02:09 PM
    Whoa is right! I didn't say they would be at $ 18.00/shr in a month! Where did you get that? They are going to release some market changing news in the weeks ahead, that could mean the stock takes all of this year to get to $ 18.00/shr. I see them going to that level but it will take some time to get there. Make sure you own those Calls that you mentioned, the ones that are 3 - 4 months out!!!
    You didn't say that, but I assumed that with news lined-up for next few weeks and also their ER coming in Nov, we might see a huge movement in a month. Yeah, so now I own $1000 worth of calls for Mar 2014.
    cjcampbell, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    09-24-13 02:12 PM
    You didn't say that, but I assumed that with news lined-up for next few weeks and also their ER coming in Nov, we might see a huge movement in a month. Yeah, so now I own $1000 worth of calls for Mar 2014.
    Damn, I want those Calls too! You scared me for a moment, I thought you bought some short-term Calls hoping the stock would be at $ 18.00 by expiry in November! I never give that kind of advice! LOL

This one is a great play, in an ideal world, BlackBerry would get a counter offer from MSFT or someone like that and you would flip the stock funds into HALO and make additonal bucks missing in the BBRY deal. I sold our big block of ACAD on Friday so we are looking to buy another large block of something else.
    09-24-13 02:19 PM
    Life's good at Sugar Loaf, Rio de Janeiro :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001557.jpg 
Views:	818 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	205027
    Was there a couple of years ago when my daughter played soccer for Canada's military right at the base of Sugarloaf. Loved it and Rio. However, Brazil trounced Canada something like 10 nothing. Still, my daughter couldn't believe she was playing almost right at the foot of the mountain. Probably why they got trounced - too busy looking at the scenery, new for Canada while old-hat for Brazil.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and _dimi_ like this.
    09-24-13 02:30 PM
113,251 ... 20072008200920102011 ...