Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well, sorry how it got here SF_FR.... but.... congratulations on 2000 pages
    09-23-13 01:23 PM
    crazy ups and downs in the past couple of weeks with this stock. one thing that kind of surprised me is how many of the "rumours" became true from 1) offer before Nov, 2) 1B writedown 3) further job cuts.
    09-23-13 01:24 PM
    Sold on Friday at 8.66 and back in today at almost exactly the same price. What the hell am I doing? LOL
    09-23-13 01:25 PM
    If no other offer, $9 is it, or at most PW could rise 10 or 20 cents like M. Dell did.

Sure even with $10 a share(around 5.2B), many companies can afford that, but are they really going to bid for it?
    The problem is nobody really knows what is cost to shutdown the hardware dept.

I would guess lenova is the only other possible bidder here
    09-23-13 01:25 PM
    There won't be a squeeze, there is an arbitrator trading the stock right now and they offer Prem's shares to shorts so that they can cover and send them right back to Prem. Unfortunately, this is how it goes, the short position will be taken up at the $ 9.00 level until they are all gone.
    Is an arbitrator assigned because the BlackBerry board agreed to the $9/share price?
    09-23-13 01:26 PM
    The end of Technical Analysis and no short squeeze coming, after all. Fitting for page 2000 of this thread (default web-view).
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-23-13 01:26 PM
    silver lining to this if it goes through. Company stays Canadian
    09-23-13 01:27 PM
    Well Prem will get the 170 mm(ish) short shares, likely a few more from retail guys just wanting out...anyone remember how many he already held?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-23-13 01:27 PM
    Im kind of lost so do we have 6 weeks to find another bidder? and after the 6 weeks it goes for $9? ****ty part is that we have a bottom now at $9 but what are chances we can get a better offer?
    Odd are probably good at a higher final price. Remember shareholders need to approve this sale for it to go through. But by higher we might be talking about $10 or $11 per share. We will have a better sense after ER.
    09-23-13 01:28 PM
    well i've seen some pretty fanciful charts posted here that said BBRY is worth a lot more than $9.
    Did you mean 'fancy' or 'fanciful' because I think both terms would apply.
    09-23-13 01:28 PM
    If no other offer, $9 is it, or at most PW could rise 10 or 20 cents like M. Dell did.

Sure even with $10 a share(around 5.2B), many companies can afford that, but are they really going to bid for it?
    The problem is nobody really knows what is cost to shutdown the hardware dept.

I would guess lenova is the only other possible bidder here
    84%+ ownership of BBRY is institutions and mutual funds. i predict they'll vote to take the $9 and run away from this melting ice cube.
    09-23-13 01:29 PM
    Alright guys.

1st round of basher/haters was cleared ("worse zero, you lose everything, I tell ya,uh ?") but it has been a tough time for many nerves (did I thanked mods already ? Take one more right here)

We're entering the second round of a similar dance here. They may be right - I believe they're not - but we will be under assault for the next few days/weeks.

Please stay calm. More, stay bold. And cautious. Do not respond to these provocations.
    Anything can happen, stay tuned and close to events (not garbaged "news").
    As things goes buy, offers and committee decisions can't stand in the shadow much.

Now, ladies and gentleman, if I dare ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-makeitfunky.png
    Because we've just Cracked the 2K pages.
    09-23-13 01:29 PM
    Is an arbitrator assigned because the BlackBerry board agreed to the $9/share price?
    I'm assuming no. An offer gets made to the shareholders, the shareholders have two weeks to tender their shares (i.e, take a definitive action voting yes to the sale and offering their shares for the price) and then if enough get tendered (maybe 90%) the offer closes and everyone gets the price if they tendered or not. At least this is how it would happen for a US public company.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    09-23-13 01:30 PM
    Reed Richards[/B];9223525]Is an arbitrator assigned because the BlackBerry board agreed to the $9/share price?
    Not at all, sorry if I implied that! They are there to get ahold of the stock and wind down the trade. No one can take over the company without addresing the short position and so all trades, sales of shares, shorts etc;, are lumped into the acquiring formula. They will close the deal on as many shares as they can. It is still possible to short this stock too, it might not go through here but that is unlikely. Just enjoy the news and wait to hear from the company on Friday.
    Shanerredflag, jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    09-23-13 01:30 PM
    So if BlackBerry backs out of the deal, it would owe Fairfax a fee of 30 cents a share, or about $157 million.
    09-23-13 01:31 PM
    Wonder how much this low-ball bidding takes into account that foreign buyers would have a hard time slinking past the gov.
    morganplus8 and Bugmapper like this.
    09-23-13 01:32 PM
    Did you mean 'fancy' or 'fanciful' because I think both terms would apply.
    Actually I'm pretty pleased with some of my own charts - see below, the value of the stock is clearly indicated.

Attachment 204025
    09-23-13 01:32 PM
    The Biggest rip off in corporate history....wait for a horrible news and then throw a ridiculous price....i am not selling any stock.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:33 PM
    I understand that first offer at $9 opens the doors for other bids, but it looks like any hopes of $15 are out the door.

Unless someone with more experience has seen a buyout where the offer is increased by that much...
    I wouldn't hold out hope, but a significant increase could happen. It certainly has happened. This is a fairly modest offer. But I also don't see any obvious candidate to do this. But if BBM has a lot of users in the next two weeks or if sales aren't quite as bad as the write down suggests, maybe someone tries to top this offer. Also shareholders might reject this at this price. I certainly won't bother to tender my shares at $9 per share.
    09-23-13 01:34 PM
    Hi Morgan,
    Can you share your thoughts on how high a counter offer could come in at knowing that Prem would likely raise his offer?

thanks
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-23-13 01:34 PM
    Any other bidder will have to stomach $85 MM going to Thorsten Heins, Frank Boulben and Kristian Tear. That is a couple of nice jets...
    09-23-13 01:35 PM
    I think many of you fail to see that if you truly think $9 is a stink bid then you should not be so worried it will sell. The fact of the matter is maybe $9 is all the company is worth to anyone right now. If everyone thinks it is worth $15 then feel free to find buyers but obviously that isn't happening for a reason.

It is unfortunate, but the reality is no one would be willing to pay that much for BlackBerry.

The best thing that can happen to BlackBerry at this point is going private, kicking TH to the curb and growing the company from scratch where the company exists at the core and we can still call it a BlackBerry.

Or B..someone else bids higher and possible just scraps it all together and decides patents and enterprise are worth $9
    sentimentGX4 and Etios like this.
    09-23-13 01:36 PM
    One big condition is that Fairfax has six weeks to conduct due diligence first. Doesn't Prem already know what's there? Is he going to find a skeleton to scare him off?
    It gives PW 6 weeks to see if other offers. If none, then a whoopsie shows up in the due diligence and he is forced to reduce his offer. LoL
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and Etios like this.
    09-23-13 01:36 PM
    Gekko, why are you wasting your and our time repeating what you have already said? I think everyone got it.
    You don't have to answer, just stop it.
    09-23-13 01:38 PM
    I guess it's a possibility that xBBM was delayed on purpose as to not factor into the buyout offer made today. Speculation, of course but I wouldn't be surprised.
    XBBM purposely pulled - to give bad news and move SP down
    1B writedown on product about 8 months old - take away from the SP price (shareholders) and give free inventory to the buyer upon purchase

Yes all deliberate to bring down the SP.

I saw this coming - but I also saw this happening so $11-13 would be more palatable for the stock owners. Let's hear $11 from Samsung. Maybe Prem is hedging his bets by saying he'll either take the company for super cheap at $9 and build from there, or put a floor at $9 and let the bidding begin.

Morgan - is that $0.30 per share termination fee reasonable? That's a 3% SP hit if another offer comes in? Not too bad I guess.
    Jahcure, m0de25, bungaboy and 6 others like this.
    09-23-13 01:39 PM
113,250 ... 19981999200020012002 ...