View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They are factoring in the hardware division is now a cost not an asset?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    Misek is in his report.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:11 AM
    general warning
    Anything can happen in the next few hours.
    More likely blood.
    Be very careful and serve your own interests depending on your strategy.

(VVV this is the info delivered to S.A members by mail)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Optimistic view: Credit Suisse is not downgrading but upgrading / Lazaridis back in BB ?
    Good Luck to all. Will be in appointment at the opening.

P.S: I stand as I am right now until tomorrow. But I won't advise anyone due to current storm. Take your own decisions, as usual.
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-23-13 07:17 AM
    Downgrade from Misek to hold and cutting PT by almost half at $8 from $15. He's also valuing the hardware at a negative vs. his previous estimate of 0.

Jefferies Downgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Hold

Also 2 more downgrade from RBC and Credit Suisse. RBC cut PT from $15 to $5.

RBC Capital Downgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Underperform

Posted via CB10
    analysts! first they said $15 and now $5?
    if they were wrong before, am i supposed to believe them now?
    09-23-13 07:18 AM
    They are factoring in the hardware division is now a cost not an asset?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    i didn't see that. but i did say in my previous post that it cost HP $1.7B+ to shut down PALM. i'm guessing it would cost at least that to shut down BB hardware operations - maybe more given their size. and are the 40% employee reduction severance costs baked in yet? did they take a charge for that yet? i only saw the $1B inventory charge.
    09-23-13 07:20 AM
    never believe what an analyst says be it good or bad. it's noise.
    09-23-13 07:21 AM
    Company will be cheap for someone to buy and take private by the end of the day, more so on Friday. Tough times ahead, what I don't get is why the inventory build up so fast. It's like they didn't learn anything from the PlayBook They better price the Z30 at a good price, and TH needs to go because something smells fishy with all this. almost bringing back memories of nortel with the bad corrupt management.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:23 AM
    Company will be cheap for someone to buy and take private by the end of the day, more so on Friday. Tough times ahead, what I don't get is why the inventory build up so fast. It's like they didn't learn anything from the PlayBook They better price the Z30 at a good price, and TH needs to go because something smells fishy with all this. almost bringing back memories of nortel with the bad corrupt management.

Posted via CB10
    "just because it's "cheap" doesn't mean it won't get a whole lot "cheaper"."

catch a falling knife?

Z30? it doesn't matter where they price it - it's a lame duck and hardware division is toast. as we speak - retailers are knocking down the few BB displays left and sending what's left of the inventory back to BB.
    09-23-13 07:27 AM
    damn, I just check my questrade and TSX is 7.08 sell right now. Sweet god
    09-23-13 07:28 AM
    damn, I just check my questrade and TSX is 7.08 sell right now. Sweet god
    don't look before it starts trading @ 9.30 AM.
    pre-market in Toronto means absolutely nothing.
    US pre-market is down @ US$8.13 now
    Bugmapper, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    09-23-13 07:35 AM
    "just because it's "cheap" doesn't mean it won't get a whole lot "cheaper"."

catch a falling knife?

Z30? it doesn't matter where they price it - it's a lame duck and hardware division is toast. as we speak - retailers are knocking down the few BB displays left and sending what's left of the inventory back to BB.
    Knocking down displays? Have link?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:35 AM
    Maybe if they had complex looking charts?
    09-23-13 07:37 AM
    "Many carriers will now pull much if not all of the BlackBerrys from the shelves because shelf space is valuable and coveted and there are many other handset vendors who would eagerly invest a lot to displace BlackBerry," said a former senior BlackBerry executive who used to negotiate directly with carriers.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-23-13 07:37 AM
    cheap shot
    bungaboy and take99 like this.
    09-23-13 07:39 AM
    where's that guy with the fanciful charts that showed him and everyone else only what they wanted to see?
    09-23-13 07:39 AM
    "Many carriers will now pull much if not all of the BlackBerrys from the shelves because shelf space is valuable and coveted and there are many other handset vendors who would eagerly invest a lot to displace BlackBerry," said a former senior BlackBerry executive who used to negotiate directly with carriers.
    Ah used too, so if I visit a few stores by the end of the week I should I expect to see no displays of blackberry phones? Or maybe a month, two, three, six or maybe today even.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    09-23-13 07:43 AM
    Ah used too, so if I visit a few stores by the end of the week I should I expect to see no displays of blackberry phones? Or maybe a month, two, three, six or maybe today even.

Posted via CB10
    no it's all a lie and a big conspiracy. BB is doing just great!
    09-23-13 07:44 AM
    no it's all a lie and a big conspiracy. BB is doing just great!
    Lol I never said it was a conspiracy or they are doing great. Lol I asked, should I expect those displays to be down this week, couple months or maybe tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    They will likely sell their remaining stock. My local AT&T stores have not carried the Z10 in a while but still have a Q10 and the old BB7 Slider next to it. Not so sure about the other carriers. It is all very sad. Not sure if we will even see the Z30.
    09-23-13 07:46 AM
    To be fair, he now has a lot more information to base his PT on. He can only work with what BBRY gives out. Given how bad the news was, you can argue about the magnitude, but really not the direction.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-23-13 07:47 AM
    They will likely sell their remaining stock. My local AT&T stores have not carried the Z10 in a while but still have a Q10 and the old BB7 Slider next to it. Not so sure about the other carriers. It is all very sad.
    See,where I am I can still walk into a store and see z10 displays and stock. Then again it's Ontario.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:49 AM
    Lol I never said it was a conspiracy or they are doing great. Lol I asked, should I expect those displays to be down this week, couple months or maybe tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    well it seems that even after all the bad news, bad sales, bad results, BB themselves have raised the white flag and will be bowing out of consumer mass market hardware and focus on services. that's not really a vote of confidence for the retailers to waste time and space and resources on selling their devices. so i can only guess that they will begin reducing and/or removing all things BB from their physical stores - it will probably take a few weeks . i do know that retail is pretty ruthless and vicious and competitive and they move things around quite a bit and products and displays disappear rapidly!

my guess is in one month you won't see much BB out there in physical stores - not that there's a whole lot out there now.
    09-23-13 07:50 AM
    09-23-13 07:53 AM
    To be fair, he now has a lot more information to base his PT on. He can only work with what BBRY gives out. Given how bad the news was, you can argue about the magnitude, but really not the direction.
    we will see, too many people convinced now the direction is down
    09-23-13 07:55 AM
    Holding on to my shares, but I've set what I consider to be reasonable stop loss orders. Holding on to my calls as well, which are feeling more like lottery tickets at this point.

You know what has me the most angry, out of everything that transpired over the last few days? The lack of communication about xBBM. The company is facing a wave of negative news this morning. I can *sort of* understand why BlackBerry spokespeople are not talking about the company's future in light of Friday's announcement, as they might be leaving that conversation for the earnings call. But xBBM would be a huge component of that future. How is there no communication about what happened, when it will be fixed, and when the world will get xBBM?

It's one thing to have to move to Plan B, it's another thing to lose nearly complete control of the messaging.
    Corbu, bungaboy, m0de25 and 1 others like this.
    09-23-13 07:55 AM
    don't look before it starts trading @ 9.30 AM.
    pre-market in Toronto means absolutely nothing.
    US pre-market is down @ US$8.13 now
    Ya, it's going down today

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:56 AM
113,256 ... 19891990199119921993 ...