702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Z10, Z30, Q10, & slider.

Done.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-22-13 02:18 PM
    does not matter, 2.8M in half year, which 100% put the platform in death.

Even for WP, it sold about 14M WP8 phones in the same period.

As a mobile OS platform, it is done.
    agreed but i am curious to know how many BB10 devices have SOLD to date, not just shipped.
    09-22-13 02:23 PM
    Hi Superfly... just my opinion, not based on clues, but I think the Z10 (or its successor) will stay, and the Q5 will go. The Z30 will be a very big phone, and I know people with smaller hands would prefer a smaller form. It would make sense to offer two different touch screens. Also, I don't see where a Q5 will fit in a government and prosumer lineup.... I think those organizations would just get a Q10. But, it will be interesting to see!
    Sorry, my bad. I rushed this one.
    Z10 => "Z5" (to come as "C" ?) for enterprises all touch (yet I believe Z10 will stop due to unconsistency with Z30 features)
    Q10/Q5 for enterprises/keyboard (EDIT : there are two very different devices, finally. Say: my personal usage)
    Z30 for prosumers and BB enthusiasts.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-22-13 at 02:44 PM.
    09-22-13 02:26 PM
    you are confusing speculating vs. investing.
    Gekko, I once heard you say something along the lines of this...

Public's out there throwing darts at a board...
    09-22-13 02:29 PM
    The inventory write down still doesn't make any sense to me.

Rev recognition changing, I know they gave an explanation as to why they changed this. Still confused.

Anyone else think that something just doesn't smell right?

Anyone else feel like us small shareholders are about to get shafted by some big players....

Posted via CB10
    fedakd, danprown and anon(4086547) like this.
    09-22-13 02:34 PM
    Expecting to see more 8's on the TSX. Fear is that a private buyout occurs that is a lowball 10-12 dollar range. Hopes for a licensing deal. ER is Friday. Arguably TH's biggest ER moment.
    I've set my reflection to last until Monday at the bell. If the stock tanks or stand under 9, I'll probably go for an extra 450 shares in order to average down and protect myself in the US$10.5 avg. area.

Warning : This is my personal approach. I can afford it under my "15% available cash" rule.
    I'm still in and still pretend there can be a favorable end to this story, the same spirit than in OP (please read) with the same (may I say even expanded) knowledge of risks.
    Please use caution reading this and do not take it as an advice to do the same. Situation is very tricky right now and reflection is mandatory.
    09-22-13 02:34 PM
    About BBM, Bla1ze blogged update yesterday : Global rollout of BBM for Android and iPhone on hold: Status update | CrackBerry.com
    09-22-13 02:42 PM
    [/B]. I can afford it on my available cash under my "15% available available" [/B] .
    Till you keep it Under 15% worst come to Worst U will only lose 15% & learn a lot on investing IMO. GL

-=-=-=-=-

In meantime was looking for some news on BBM saga & BBRY stay silent with no news but peoples around the Worlds don't seem confident about the end...

Here's a search picture in Twitter with the tag #BBM4all --->

Does not look good IMO.
    09-22-13 02:44 PM
    Time for a cup of tea people. In true British tradition.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and dusdal like this.
    09-22-13 02:51 PM
    but unfortunately every analyst is making a massive deal out of the "loss". It's too bad really... It's almost as if when you invest you should honestly dumb down and follow the herd.

Even given the soporific nature of this thread, less than 48 hours is surely too early to try and rationalise away the car-crash of this weekend?

I think by next week, this place will have convinced itself this was the plan all along.
    aniym and sunsetblow like this.
    09-22-13 02:52 PM
    Time for a cup of tea people. In true British tradition.

Posted via CB10
    this what it is all about:

09-22-13 02:59 PM
    i said i wanted to bump the mean median, i thought that was for entertainment. so, you want to use that as weapon in your discussions now? wow, that indeed is low.
    If you recall I posted that they would use that to taunt us and rub our noses in it.

I can read this cat like a book! And it is very poorly written.
    09-22-13 03:02 PM
    If you recall I posted that they would use that to taunt us and rub our noses in it.

I can read this cat like a book! And it is very poorly written.
    I would think so if you were trying to read a cat.
    09-22-13 03:03 PM
    Gekko, I once heard you say something along the lines of this...

Public's out there throwing darts at a board...
    the key to investing in stocks is actually in that clip. fund managers can't consistently beat the S&P 500 and neither can you. buy a low cost S&P 500 Index Fund and own the entire market. i like Vanguard.

I don't know and I don't care - Aug. 29, 2001
    09-22-13 03:05 PM
    Till you keep it Under 15% worst come to Worst U will only lose 15% & learn a lot on investing IMO. GL
    This presumes stock would worth 0 ?
    That's not on top of my probabilities list.
    Thanks for the GL

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:14 PM
    That's not on top of my probabilities list.
    Thanks for the GL

Posted via CB10
    I am busy processing the grapes for fermentation, but SF, just popping in to quickly let you know that I was thinking of you when I opened a package of wine yeast originated from France. LOL
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    09-22-13 03:28 PM
    the @BBM is growing fast. grown by 15k followers in last 3 hours to 209k. and 10 minutes later 210k.
    LoL,
    09-22-13 03:31 PM
    Does it not have a special advantage in M2M integration?
    No it does not. It has no special advantages in anything relative to iOS or Android. Not even in relation to WP (which is Windows NT based).
    09-22-13 03:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't presume that it will goes to Zero but since I live by trading: Everytime I buy a stock I'm ready to lost 100% of my money.

I think in the worst case it will be around $2.50, but it is just speculation & this stage I will/would not touch to BBRY long or short since it's pure gambling IMO.
    09-22-13 03:42 PM
    this what it is all about:

Lovely stuff. Storm in a tea cup...perfect!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    09-22-13 03:42 PM
    I am busy processing the grapes for fermentation, but SF, just popping in to quickly let you know that I was thinking of you when I opened a package of wine yeast originated from France. LOL
    We closed around 700 bottles. Hopefully some day we can share one of yours or/and mine!

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Randeman, W Hoa and 8 others like this.
    09-22-13 03:52 PM
    I don't presume that it will goes to Zero but since I live by trading: Everytime I buy a stock I'm ready to lost 100% of my money.

I think in the worst case it will be around $2.50, but it is just speculation & this stage I will/would not touch to BBRY long or short since it's pure gambling IMO.
    This pov is legit.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-22-13 04:41 PM
    In other news, Apple's 5S fingerprint reader has already been hacked in Europe. Well done, Apple! Well done!

A European hacker group has announced a simple, replicable method for spoofing Apple�s TouchID fingerprint authentication system. �A fingerprint of the phone user, photographed from a glass surface, was enough to create a fake finger that could unlock an iPhone 5s secured with TouchID,� claims the Chaos Computer Club, which demonstrated the hack in a video.

The technique is based on previous methods for spoofing fingerprint authentication systems, and needed only minor adaptation to be applied to the iPhone�s unusually high-resolution scanner. According to the CCC:

First, the fingerprint of the enrolled user is photographed with 2400 dpi resolution. The resulting image is then cleaned up, inverted and laser printed with 1200 dpi onto transparent sheet with a thick toner setting. Finally, pink latex milk or white woodglue is smeared into the pattern created by the toner onto the transparent sheet. After it cures, the thin latex sheet is lifted from the sheet, breathed on to make it a tiny bit moist and then placed onto the sensor to unlock the phone.

Apple has marketed TouchID both as a convenience and as a security feature. �Your fingerprint is one of the best passwords in the world,� says an Apple promotional video. �The technology within TouchID is some of the most advanced hardware or software we�ve put in any device.�

This method, while objectively fairly simple, will not be a practical threat for most users; it�s hard to imagine a situation in which photographing someone�s fingerprint in high resolution is easier than finding out their four-digit PIN.

But it�s still a clear way to gain unauthorized access to a device the user assumes is secure � and this is just the first successful method. The iPhone has fingerprint spoofing into a bigger target than ever; it�s reasonable to assume that more people will be able to hit it.

Whether or not this can be fixed with a software update is unclear. We�ve reached out to Apple for comment and will update if we hear back.

The iPhone's Fingerprint Sensor Has Already Been Hacked
    09-22-13 06:18 PM
    In other news, Apple's 5S fingerprint reader has already been hacked in Europe. Well done, Apple! Well done!
    How does that help BBRY? It doesn't.

I swear, more people talk in this thread about Apple than BBRY. But say something negative about BBRY, and the screaming begins. SMDH!
    09-22-13 06:27 PM
    How does that help BBRY? It doesn't.

I swear, �more people talk in this thread about Apple than BBRY�. But say something negative about BBRY, and the screaming begins. SMDH!
    Really? Exaggerate much?
    09-22-13 06:35 PM
113,256 ... 19861987198819891990 ...