View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The end of going after the consumer is just the end. No more apps. I hope BBRY is working on an Android based phone internally. It's not a bad idea.
    Sorry but Android isn't the answer. People think that Android is a sure winner but it is really a 1-2 OEM horse race at max. If it is so great, why are companies like HTC struggling when they release the best Android phone on the market?
    09-21-13 09:55 AM
    C'mon dude, how is it they can control this? Smh, keep beating something when it's down. Already on iOS.
    Thing is they should have forecasted this and anticipated that there may be some issues with the google play store releasing at an exact time. When they publicly announced it would be released at 7am EST time today they essentially sabotaged themselves.
    09-21-13 09:55 AM
    I think the ignore button is generally a good thing w/ the exception of investments.

It may help avoid some of the rubbish that gets thrown around but those with long ignore lists are probably feeling the worst of it.

Don't believe in the ignore button for this thread would be my takeaway from yesterday's news.
    Again, if the commentary wasn't belittling, attacking, sanctimonious, and an outright call for an argument, they wouldn't be on a any ignore list.
    09-21-13 09:58 AM
    Thing is they should have forecasted this and anticipated that there may be some issues with the google play store releasing at an exact time. When they publicly announced it would be released at 7am EST time today they essentially sabotaged themselves.
    Yes, you have a point that giving an exact time was a mistake. Should have just said Saturday. But then again, they did release on time and as scheduled for iOS in Australia.
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-21-13 10:00 AM
    Sorry but Android isn't the answer. People think that Android is a sure winner but it is really a 1-2 OEM horse race at max. If it is so great, why are companies like HTC struggling when they release the best Android phone on the market?
    HTC still sells A LOT of phones. it's all about execution and expectations. ask yourself this - where would HTC be without Android? answer - right where BB is - on the verge of extinction.
    09-21-13 10:02 AM
    Yes, you have a point that giving an exact time was a mistake. Should have just said Saturday. But then again, they did release on time and as scheduled for iOS in Australia.
    Exactly. They need to be really careful with deadlines and the things they say bc public perception of the company is at an all time low. Don't give the media an extra opportunity to attack.
    09-21-13 10:03 AM
    hum.. BBM on android seems impossible to close without force-closing it?
    09-21-13 10:08 AM
    I think Steve Wozniak said BBRY would go to android or die. With the company exiting the consumer market, who will make apps to provide additional functionality?

I think Apple's products are great but it's clear that consumers aren't worried about privacy. ThoseNSA slides need updating w/ new Zombies... How the hell do you compete w/ this:

New iPhone Buyers Cannot Contain Their Excitement
    09-21-13 10:10 AM
    hum.. BBM on android seems impossible to close without force-closing it?
    I think because it's not really BBM. Lots of fake apps out there right now.

EDIT - I just went and refreshed the page and a couple more fake ones have popped up. Good grief. I have to say that I'm surprised at how Google allows for multiples of the same app name from the same dev to be loaded onto their store.
    09-21-13 10:13 AM
    I got it from a friend at BBRY, he could have sent me a fake I guess....
    09-21-13 10:15 AM
    no brainer for the complainers, the app that didn't arrive didn't close properly. this is getting hilarious.
    09-21-13 10:15 AM
    I got it from a friend at BBRY, he could have sent me a fake I guess....
    Hmm.. ok. I wonder if that's the hold up?
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    09-21-13 10:18 AM
    Hmm.. ok. I wonder if that's the hold up?
    Working now, I guess the servers are getting hammered generating PIN numbers.
    cjcampbell and rarsen like this.
    09-21-13 10:21 AM
    HTC still sells A LOT of phones. it's all about execution and expectations. ask yourself this - where would HTC be without Android? answer - right where BB is - on the verge of extinction.
    Yes but at this point, right now, they would be so far behind the other established Android OEMs that it won't make a difference. Also last time I checked, HTC is also laying off people.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:21 AM
    Funny, BBM is showing up on iOS in North America now before Google Play...a day earlier.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-21-13 10:24 AM
    I just refreshed the Play Store again and in the last 5 minutes, 2 more dummy BBM apps have shown up. Now it's a total of 19 by 7 devs. 3 of which have multiples.
    09-21-13 10:28 AM
    I can't wait to see what those Monday morning Wall Street analyst have to say about the company. Peter Misek still has a job predicting things, that's unfortunate.

Those boys over at Seeking Alpha should tighten up their standard on who can post.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-21-13 10:29 AM
    Did some-one in BB conspire to kill the company.

- Kill consumer sales with expensive phones with high margins (Still >35%) they cant sell.
    - Pre-announced search for buyer to kill enterprise sales.
    - Spoil BB Z30 and xBBM with "leak" about lay-offs.

Did BB management do anything not to sabotage the company?
    After this past week. I'm starting to think the hedge funds got to them through the back door. Another conspiracy theory.
    09-21-13 10:32 AM
    I'll let the weekend pass before judging BBM's success. Rollout are a pain, so I'm more concerned about the feedback from users.

When FB first launched, the reviews were punishing. I'm hoping those who download BBM don't have a bad experience or it could sink the whole thing esp since iOS users can be "particular"

With all the reports of bogus copies in the Google Play store, it makes you appreciate a more curated garden...
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-21-13 10:34 AM
    I can't wait to see what those Monday morning Wall Street analyst have to say about the company. Peter Misek still has a job predicting things, that's unfortunate.

Those boys over at Seeking Alpha should tighten up their standard on who can post.
    Didn't misek say money was in enterprise? I swear he was touting services and enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:34 AM
    In the end, smartphone is just another PC market, the difference is right now smartphone market is still growing because of basic phone users are switching to smartphone.
    09-21-13 10:35 AM
    If you believe anything you get fron SA, good or bad, you might want to re-think that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-21-13 10:36 AM
    Didn't misek say money was in enterprise? I swear he was touting services and enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    Enterprise yes, but his price target was wildly off the mark. Monday we might see some serious spin from him.
    09-21-13 10:37 AM
    Yes but at this point, right now, they would be so far behind the other established Android OEMs that it won't make a difference. Also last time I checked, HTC is also laying off people.

Posted via CB10
    HTC sold 5M HTC one phone last qtr, it is still much higher than BB10 phone sold.

But then again smartphone is a volume business as it is getting saturating every day, right now pretty much only Apple and Samsung could profit from it, as both sell tens of millions of high-end phones.
    09-21-13 10:40 AM
    In other news some of those lineups appear to be staged...

LA Times
    09-21-13 10:46 AM
113,256 ... 19761977197819791980 ...