View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    what service company? total rev1.6B, which is like half of last Q.

Service revenue could drop more than 50% here Q by Q.
    80% margins
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-20-13 03:31 PM
    This is what they should have done last year but we are here now. Focusing on four devices is smart and targeting enterprise even better. Let's hope Bbm gets lots of Downloads this weekend, i Kept my shares. Don't risk if you can't afford to lose. As for someone mentioning that BES server testing means nothing I would say your are wrong it means companies have faith it will be around still otherwise they wouldn't even bother testing.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    09-20-13 03:32 PM
    Break time. Guys, I'll be in touch in a while, but since some cannot restrain themselves, the opportunity for them to cause trouble will be denied for the time being. Go have a beer and let it slide.
    Sorry man, boobs are symbols of good luck in my mind, but...
    Even saggy ones? You must be young? Wait until you are almost 50
    Ok, so my worst fears about the earnings report were realized, a week early. So where are we now?

- First, I feel really bad for the 4,500 workers. I'm just going to say that right now. Best wishes to all of them.

- What will Monday bring? On the one hand, there was enough trading time for stop loss orders to be triggered, and for people to take stock of the situation, and the share price rebounded from $8.01 to 8.73. On the other hand, there were only 25 minutes of post-news trading, so maybe more people will jump ship Monday.

- Value wise, they still shockingly have $2.6 billion in cash, the NOC, BBM, and the patent portfolio. The value of BES, the value of QNX, not so sure.

- What will drive the share price up from here? xBBM? BES adoption? A slower adoption of BB10? Selling off parts? Conversely, what will drive the share price further down from here?

- What does this mean for the handset business? Can they license BB10 to Lenovo or Samsung? I feel like I'm swimming against the tide, but BB10.2 is excellent, and *should* have a future. No one I show it to says, "that sucks". No one. Can it be a success with a) a slower adoption curve and b) a hardware partner?

I realize I haven't said what I think will happen, but wondering what people here think. Is the worst over, for the foreseeable future? Or will we drop from here? What are your reasons?
    So I just logged into my account, from my initial investment im down 46% now with a dollar loss of $200k, my only hope as of right now is hoping for a buy out.
    I'm down $120k or so, not far behind.
    Yep. Is it me or is their statement about handset sales and apparent lack of BB10 breakout cryptic? The number is shocking as presented. Or at least as my pea brain is trying to read it.
    Well this is how I'm reading it. It seems that they aren't selling as good as hoped, which we all know. Since they won't be getting revs from what shipped, it seems the carriers are taking on their phones in a sort of "consignment" type way. They don't want to risk the upfront purchase therefore BB can't book the revs until they're actually sold. They didn't say how many shipped, just that revenue from approx. 3.7 million so we really have no idea how many were shipped.
    Just for the record, I find any talk about saggy boobs to be bad and unfortunate.
    Yeah, I like the more perky ones more too. LOL
    bungaboy and OMGitworks like this.
    I forgot to mention that price is US not CDN, makes a difference! Good luck here, I still like what I read in that secondary paragraph about handset sales and what was included in Q2. If they would have sold the equivalent of 5.9 million handsets, then this is a great piece of news .... delivered poorly.
    That doesn't seems to surprise me on the whole delivery. what really bugs me is, if #APPL can come up with something as dumb as plastic perfect which I give them credit for their imaginations on how to turn something bad to good, why can't BB do the same. *Arrrgh*!
    09-20-13 03:33 PM
    you'd better wish bbry sells itself quickly if you truly owns bbry shares.
    At this rate, cash will get burned really quickly. $500~600M a quarter.
    you are in the wrong thread
    09-20-13 03:35 PM
    They're not closing the doors, and there's still a path forward.

Heins has to go, though. Others are speculating he's already gone and that's why he wasn't in Kuala Lampur for the Z30 intro the other day.
    09-20-13 03:36 PM
    I think the plan to move to software and services is the right move and is being executed but I'm not happy with the way it's being down so suddenly. It could have easily been down in a slow, not sudden manner like this announcement to avoid a giant kick in the balls for some of us.

I'm out, will watch it but I'm on the fence.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-20-13 03:39 PM
    I'm sure shorts will be covering nicely here as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:40 PM
    I am lost, any guidance?

I sat here this morning and added 1000 shares at 10.27$ on BB.TO... go out to wash my car, come back to a 17% loss... **** this
    09-20-13 03:40 PM
    Sold out at $9.02 CAD (avg c. $15 CAD). Couldn't take it any more. Wish those still in all the best. However, I will hang around if you guys don't mind!

Any ideas on where to make this back? IMG? HALO?
    09-20-13 03:42 PM
    So let me understand something here. They write off close to a billion due to inventory of unsold phones.
    But the phones still have a value.
    Will that not add to bottom line in the next quarter or two when they are eventually sold?
    Is this just accounting practices to decide when to take a loss or profit. Could this inventory been there the precious quarter as well?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:42 PM
    The news today was bad, but I think I'll hang on to my shares. What I've been saying for quite a while is that BB should give up on the consumer market and focus solely on enterprise/govt. Reading that in today's Press Release was refreshing.

You can't be all things to all people, especially in something as fickle as consumer electronics. Corporations and government are a cash-rich, steady stream of business. As someone who owns a business with over $50 million in annual revenue that I built from scratch a decade ago, I can tell you that b2b is a fantastic way to go if you have a niche product. Margins are great and business has fewer peaks and troughs.

I'm really heartened by BB giving up on the consumer market and aiming both barrels on enterprise.
    09-20-13 03:43 PM
    the death spiral is accelerating. my prediction? MORE PAIN.
    Etios, techvisor and rodan01 like this.
    09-20-13 03:44 PM
    I am lost, any guidance?

I sat here this morning and added 1000 shares at 10.27$ on BB.TO... go out to wash my car, come back to a 17% loss... **** this
    I am sorry for your loss.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-20-13 03:45 PM
    80% margins
    LOL, you really fully wishful thinking. Do not even bother to argue vs. you.

Service revenue is dropping like 50% qtr and qtr and you are talking about 80% margins, who would care even it is 99.99% margin.
    techvisor and rodan01 like this.
    September 20, 2013 15:15 ET
    BlackBerry Announces Preliminary Second Quarter Fiscal 2014 Results and Provides Business Update

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 20, 2013) - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) -

Company expects GAAP net operating loss of approximately $950 million to $995 million; loss includes a primarily non-cash, pre-tax inventory charge of approximately $930 million to $960 million resulting from the increasingly competitive business environment impacting BlackBerry smartphone volumes, and a pre-tax restructuring charge of $72 million

Company expects to report revenue for the second quarter of approximately $1.6 billion; recognizes sales of approximately 3.7 million smartphones in the second quarter

Company to refocus on enterprise and prosumer market, offering end-to-end solutions, including hardware, software and services

Future smartphone portfolio will transition from 6 devices to 4; focusing on enterprise and prosumer-centric devices, including 2 high-end devices and 2 entry-level devices

Company announces restructuring plans, including reduction of approximately 4,500 employees; targets reduction of its operating expenditures by approximately 50% by end of Q1 Fiscal 2015

Company sees increasing penetration of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES 10) with more than 25,000 commercial and test servers installed to date, up from 19,000 in July 2013

Special Committee of the Board continues to evaluate strategic alternatives

BlackBerry Limited, a world leader in the mobile communications market, today announced certain preliminary financial results for the three months ended August 31, 2013 and provided an update on business operations.
    I sold at a loss guys. Ill take my money and move it to something else so hope to make it back.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:46 PM
    Well this is how I'm reading it. It seems that they aren't selling as good as hoped, which we all know. Since they won't be getting revs from what shipped, it seems the carriers are taking on their phones in a sort of "consignment" type way. They don't want to risk the upfront purchase therefore BB can't book the revs until they're actually sold. They didn't say how many shipped, just that revenue from approx. 3.7 million so we really have no idea how many were shipped.
    That makes sense but the no BB7/10 breakdown really scares me. could they really have sold less than 1.5M BB10's?
    09-20-13 03:48 PM
    Most of the units recognized are BlackBerry 7 devices, in part because certain BlackBerry 10 devices that were shipped in the quarterFor the second quarter, the Company expects to recognize hardware revenue on approximately 3.7 million BlackBerry smartphones
    so if we are really really really generous - and say 49% are BB10 (and that would be highly generous) - that would be about 1.8 million? So even I who is seen here at a troll was over-optimistic by least 400,000 units....

• 1.2 Greyw0lf01
    • 1.5 Tyler Nelson
    • 1.7 Marc_Paradise
    • 1.75 m0de25
    • 1.8 Nquyen
    • 1.9 Seawarrior
    • 1.96 Chrysaurora
    • 2 Andrew4life
    • 2 lcjr
    • 2.1 Khf227
    • 2.1 Birdman_38
    • 2.2 ibpluto
    • 2.2 Notfanboy
    • 2.2 OMGitworks
    • 2.3 CGK
    • 2.35 Scalemaster
    • 2.4 Bugmapper
    • 2.41 Randeman
    • 2.5 Abouthsu
    • 2.5 Njblackberry
    • 2.5 Kid Vibe
    • 2.6 BrandonPBaby
    • 2.6 Jay_men
    • 2.7 Gesig Boek
    • 2.8 Koolrosh
    • 2.8 _dimi_
    • 3 Chris2J
    • 3 epyon52238
    • 3 Superfly_FR
    • 3 Sidhuk
    • 3.15 Bungaboy
    • 3.2 Komoto
    • 3.3 Tariq Nasir
    • 3.4 Focusedberry
    • 3.4 Ribes Nigrum
    • 3.7 Cjcampbell
    • 3.8 Playbookster
    • 4 Morlock_man
    • 4.2 Delil
    • 4.4 w4rrior
    • 5.4 Undone
    • 5.5 Herol
    • 5.9 Silversun10
    • 6 The Rock
    • 7.5 Shanerredflag
    • 9 Soumaila Somtor
    mikeo007 and rodan01 like this.
    09-20-13 03:49 PM
    I sold at a loss guys. Ill take my money and move it to something else so hope to make it back.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to have to think about doing that also

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:50 PM
113,256 ... 19721973197419751976 ...