View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm still in. Let's hope we have the worst behind us. Cash sits at 2.6 bill. No debt. Z30 is hot hot hot.
    09-20-13 03:15 PM
    Well, I'm gonna drown myself in a room full of We*d and GTA V, see you guys in a bit.
    Cash dropped as they said.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    Interesting analysis but don't matter now.

BlackBerry (BB-T 8.97 -1.85 -17.1%) Chief Executive Thorsten Heins keeps telling us that the company is in �stage two� of its transition and he�s sticking to the plan. �Stage two� means the job is not finished. Heins is using a well-established plan known by the name �Bridges� Transition Theory�, developed by organizational consultant William Bridges.

I watched a former Apple (AAPL-Q 469.56 -2.74 -0.58%) executive being interviewed about BlackBerry on Bloomberg TV some time ago. He gave the business interpretation of Bridges Transition Theory, saying BlackBerry is not unique - the three-stage transition is typically used by technology companies needing to refocus. Stage one: trim the payroll and sell non-core assets. Stage two: refocus to find the new, productive niche. Stage three: use that new focus to execute, grow the business in a new direction, grow shareholder value. Then, when you�re able to get the best shareholder value, sell, if appropriate.

Understanding this, hiring JPMorgan to evaluate assets was logical but, in my view, BlackBerry is not �for sale� right now and won�t be until they can get the right price. I wouldn�t think it�s likely the company will be sold until Heins can grow a lot more shareholder value. As noted in my blog about getting the BlackBerry story right (Michael Kane), Heins told BNN�s Nick De Pass �Right now the focus is to execute, perform and deliver�, which is stage three of Bridges� Transition Theory. He has talked about being in stage two. He wants to get to stage three.

Since beginning this series of blogs on Canada�s telecoms � which is aimed at better evaluating companies that are deeper than they look � I�ve been contacted by many who want some insight. They want to know what is news and what is speculation. It is difficult to distinguish in many cases and executives at some companies fuel speculation by not being forthcoming about what they�re doing.

BlackBerry�s Thorsten Heins has not provided many details at all, leading to media and consumer speculation that may be damaging to the share-price on any given day. But as I have repeatedly pointed out, his message has been consistent. That leads me to take him at his word and ignore speculative stories about layoffs and writedowns. He has already told us all of that is going to happen. He has not contradicted himself.
    09-20-13 03:19 PM
    So I just logged into my account, from my initial investment im down 46% now with a dollar loss of $200k, my only hope as of right now is hoping for a buy out.
    Give this a little bit of time to sink in, you will hear from Misek and others telling of how they needed to go software and drop hardware. It appears that they are keeping some hardware going forward here. You need to look at the changes and not assume anything just yet. As a software company that has handsets "available" for Enterprise, they won't have to market anything on a retail level. The cost reduction alone will be huge and this might surprise you in terms of showing an immediate profit. Let the company talk about one time charges but also listen for what this does to the bottom line. If they can finally show growth at this size and positive earnings, they are laughing and so will you.
    I think, they're doing what is needed and they''re doing all they should to reshape the company. It's ugly, we all know this, but I have faith.
    But what do you have faith in? There is a brand new iphone and BB10 device sales are terrible and the prospects for a takeout much above $12 are remote right now. Most of all, I have ZERO faith in TH and the Board. I think only PW can save them now. I guess we know why those reviewing BBRY financials have so far not done anything.

I am glad you still have faith and keep the faith as they say, but I don't get it.
    techvisor likes this.
    What's funny is that this announcement plays exactly into what TH said about profitability in Q4 (or was it Q3?).

Posted via CB10
    Please guys/ladies ... don't even respond or comment on any comments from the trolls. They aren't worth the effort. They are just repeatedly trying to your goat.
    Seriously, for one last time. none of this has anything to do with M8 or anyone here, English might not be my first language but which part of that sentence do you not get? I can't and won't speak for others, but these are the decisions I made when investing in a company with products that I believed.

You have your right to express your opinions but to target others like that is uncalled, truly show what class and person you are. Now if you don't mind, why dont you mind your own business or if you wanna say something stop targeting others!
    +1000 I ran out of thank you button. I am on the same page. we play a game or business, win some loose some. no change in respecting my gang which also includes Morgan. if any thing is going to happen that is increase in my ignore list and don't feed the troll.
    09-20-13 03:20 PM
    Did they release an actual number for cash on hand? Do they still have the approx $3B cash on hand or did they burn that up?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:20 PM
    darn, you boys are clicking faster than I do LOL. My limited order didn't go through at 8, instead now its at $9 for TSX! I'm going to hold for a bit and see how this pans out, Will definitely be adding a few more. *shaking* TGIF!
    I forgot to mention that price is US not CDN, makes a difference! Good luck here, I still like what I read in that secondary paragraph about handset sales and what was included in Q2. If they would have sold the equivalent of 5.9 million handsets, then this is a great piece of news .... delivered poorly.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    09-20-13 03:23 PM
    Okay, since the worst news is already out there, there's a possibility that next weeks ER will provide more details that might be more positive, right?
    I'm not sure positives the word here. What would like to see is some clarity and direction from Thor. Answer every question of the analysts. The media and general public will continue to look at the smartphone story, let them. That's not the path to success for bbry. I think they have a good chance here to reinvent themselves. Execute on the enterprise. It can be a very profitable business, and very beneficial to shareholders going forward.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    I'm thinking that all the talk yesterday regarding the chart with the saggy boobs was a bad omen.
    On the other hand the good news is that's it's almost beer thirty.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    Well, I'm gonna drown myself in a room full of We*d and GTA V, see you guys in a bit.
    Just got it yesterday!! I might do that as well and go beat some trolls on the street!
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    Services company is becoming more likely, don't you think? Even back to where they started off.
    what service company? total rev1.6B, which is like half of last Q.

Service revenue could drop more than 50% here Q by Q.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-20-13 03:24 PM
    well all the bad news leaks panned out. and so a lot of the bad news was built in the share price.
    shocked share holders panicked and sold. sold too early.
    why? well, as i said much of the bad news was built in. and over the summer the sales were not going to amount to much anyways, should be easier to sell stuff later in the year.
    BB is not going to spin their wheels in the future on retail sales. focus on enterprise. always good to focus on what they do well.
    bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    Did they release an actual number for cash on hand? Do they still have the approx $3B cash on hand or did they burn that up?

Posted via CB10
    Still have 2.6 billion and no debt. This was expected to drop as per forward looking statements from the last ER.
    bungaboy, fedakd and Bigbacala like this.
    Looks like so many people put in sell orders at market on the US side during the halt that it pushed the stock to $5.69. Some people got spanked.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-20-13 03:25 PM
    I'm thinking that all the talk yesterday regarding the chart with the saggy boobs was a bad omen.

Posted via CB10
    Just for the record, I find any talk about saggy boobs to be bad and unfortunate.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-20-13 03:26 PM
    What's funny is that this announcement plays exactly into what TH said about profitability in Q4 (or was it Q3?).

Posted via CB10
    He never said it wold be this bad. No where near as bad.
    09-20-13 03:26 PM
    Still have 2.6 billion and no debt. This was expected to drop as per forward looking statements from the last ER.
    Yep. Is it me or is their statement about handset sales and apparent lack of BB10 breakout cryptic? The number is shocking as presented. Or at least as my pea brain is trying to read it.
    09-20-13 03:28 PM
    well all the bad news leaks panned out. and so a lot of the bad news was built in the share price.
    shocked share holders panicked and sold. sold too early.
    why? well, as i said much of the bad news was built in. and over the summer the sales were not going to amount to much anyways, should be easier to sell stuff later in the year.
    BB is not going to spin their wheels in the future on retail sales. focus on enterprise. always good to focus on what they do well.
    you'd better wish bbry sells itself quickly if you truly owns bbry shares.
    At this rate, cash will get burned really quickly. $500~600M a quarter.
    09-20-13 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry man, boobs are symbols of good luck in my mind, but...
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    Great beginning for a weekend. Just wanted to look at the stock before watching BigFish and now this. Now it's too late to sell and I'm waiting what happens next week.
    Keep going and hold your head high, especially the stockholders who have lost a lot. Still, have a nice weekend.
    He never said it wold be this bad. No where near as bad.
    Ya, revenues suck. It could really be the end.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:31 PM
113,256 ... 19711972197319741975 ...