• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Night buddy!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:20 PM
    Hey Morgan!

Sorry OT from bbry but do you see a pullback for ACAD in the coming weeks? going to be exiting a big position in another stock and wanted to get into ACAD around 20-21 thanks!
    slipstream89!!

I have just 9,100 shares left of this stock and they will be sold tomorrow with the plan to write naked Puts against the stock when it corrects back to the area you like, around $ 21.00 to $ 22.00 a share. I just want to flip them and get back in cheaper as we have owned them for several years now. Let me know what you do!!
    fedakd, sidhuk and slipstream89 like this.
    09-19-13 10:34 PM
    slipstream89!!

I have just 9,100 shares left of this stock and they will be sold tomorrow with the plan to write naked Puts against the stock when it corrects back to the area you like, around $ 21.00 to $ 22.00 a share. I just want to flip them and get back in cheaper as we have owned them for several years now. Let me know what you do!!
    Was just reading about different options strategies. so here is the definition of "naked puts"

Investopedia explains 'Naked Put'
    Naked puts are very risky since the writer can lose big if the underlying asset moves opposite to the desired direction. But, profits are huge if the underlying asset moves in the right direction.

trying to understand the "risky" part. if I own the underlying asset and i write put against the security i own. worse case scenario, the stocks get call away rite? its not like i need to go back to the market and buy the market rate to replace.?

Good nite gang!!
    09-19-13 11:19 PM
    Much appreciated morgan as always! I will keep track of the charts, looking forward to getting into this at the right price

slipstream89!!

Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-19-13 11:22 PM
    I havn't gotten to naked puts yet but I too have started to look into strategies more and I just started to play some in my account. I need to get on this because I need to get my DFOL license asap -_-

Was just reading about different options strategies. so here is the definition of "naked puts"

Investopedia explains 'Naked Put'
    Naked puts are very risky since the writer can lose big if the underlying asset moves opposite to the desired direction. But, profits are huge if the underlying asset moves in the right direction.

trying to understand the "risky" part. if I own the underlying asset and i write put against the security i own. worse case scenario, the stocks get call away rite? its not like i need to go back to the market and buy the market rate to replace.?

Good nite gang!!
    09-19-13 11:24 PM
    Heya everyone...

I'm excited/nervous for the ER... What can i say, my guess is as good as anyone's... Unfortunately, due to my situation, time is becoming a factor. Sooner or later I may need to sell off some shares, hopefully we can see a pop to at least 14 by the end of October. I'd be lying if I said I'm not getting frustrated... I am one of those that solely believes that BB needs some outside help from a competitor, whether it be a partnership or sell off of some parts. The layoffs, quietness, push of Z30, and so on tells me something is cooking behind the scenes. I would love to get inside Prem Watsa's head right now...

As most of you, I will be promoting BBM both locally and towards international friends. I really hope this catches on and I'm looking to Samsung for some marketing help.

Thanks for all the posts Morgan, all this free advice is quite overwhelming and once I sell my shares I will keep your posts and study them. I have a question for you. Throughout your investing career, can you recall one of the lessons you learned that made you re-evaluate your investing approach? I went with the all eggs in one basket approach, and I know this is a no-no to most, however, I always felt that the amount of research you do should justify ones investment. I know more about BB than any other company and felt that it would be a good choice... Hopefully I am still right. The biggest mistake for me, although hindsight is 20.20, was getting caught up before last quarters ER. When I sit back and recap what happened, I should have known... The March ER was of major (positive) surprise and the stock was at a flatline. TH stated at that time that the company was expected to just break-even for the next quarter. All the news outlets pushing stories about sold out inventory and Q10 breakthroughs caught on in my head and I totally forgot about the previous points... Ah well. Thanks for the TA though, I almost sold at 9... I hope we never see single digits again, but as history shows us, more likely than not, the ER will push the SP down. I agree however, that it won't be anything major.
    09-19-13 11:25 PM
    Heya everyone...

I'm excited/nervous for the ER... What can i say, my guess is as good as anyone's... Unfortunately, due to my situation, time is becoming a factor. Sooner or later I may need to sell off some shares, hopefully we can see a pop to at least 14 by the end of October. I'd be lying if I said I'm not getting frustrated... I am one of those that solely believes that BB needs some outside help from a competitor, whether it be a partnership or sell off of some parts. The layoffs, quietness, push of Z30, and so on tells me something is cooking behind the scenes. I would love to get inside Prem Watsa's head right now...

As most of you, I will be promoting BBM both locally and towards international friends. I really hope this catches on and I'm looking to Samsung for some marketing help.

Thanks for all the posts Morgan, all this free advice is quite overwhelming and once I sell my shares I will keep your posts and study them. I have a question for you. Throughout your investing career, can you recall one of the lessons you learned that made you re-evaluate your investing approach? I went with the all eggs in one basket approach, and I know this is a no-no to most, however, I always felt that the amount of research you do should justify ones investment. I know more about BB than any other company and felt that it would be a good choice... Hopefully I am still right. The biggest mistake for me, although hindsight is 20.20, was getting caught up before last quarters ER. When I sit back and recap what happened, I should have known... The March ER was of major (positive) surprise and the stock was at a flatline. TH stated at that time that the company was expected to just break-even for the next quarter. All the news outlets pushing stories about sold out inventory and Q10 breakthroughs caught on in my head and I totally forgot about the previous points... Ah well. Thanks for the TA though, I almost sold at 9... I hope we never see single digits again, but as history shows us, more likely than not, the ER will push the SP down. I agree however, that it won't be anything major.
    To be honest, it is not a good idea to be a shareholder and a fan of the same company, no matter if the company is bbry, apple, or whatever.
    Kid Vibe and BergerKing like this.
    09-19-13 11:34 PM
    I'm starting to think my hunch is proving true. A few more to confirm though.
    09-19-13 11:45 PM
    I'm starting to think my hunch is proving true. A few more to confirm though.
    What hunch? I missed it

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    09-20-13 12:03 AM
    What hunch? I missed it

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    If it does, I'll fill you in. Not directly related to the stock so not overly important

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and Randeman like this.
    09-20-13 12:16 AM
    Help me out, I'm trying to follow your reasoning here. You believe there's something "rampant" between BlackBerry and Microsoft because you think BBM WP already exists in BlackBerry's labs?

If there was something rampant, then why was Windows Phone excluded from the very beginning when they mentioned BBM for iOS and Android only? Why would they hold back BBM for Windows phone, specially if it exists already?

I struggle to understand how the absence of support for WP => there is some secret partnership between BlackBerry and Microsoft. If anything it would imply the opposite?
    Perhaps BlackBerry is dangling the carrot for MS to partner, or maybe BlackBerry is holding their cards close to see how MS phones vs. Next stage BlackBerry10 launches pans out.

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-20-13 12:27 AM
    I just want to point out that it wasn't Gesig who brought up the topic of TA today. There were several other posts about the merits of TA earlier. Despite this, it was only Gesig who was immediately directed to go to the other thread.

It is apparent to me that there is a a clear double-standard regarding off-topic posts here. Just the other day, it was the other fellow who was continuing a discussion on Apple innovation who got asked to move elsewhere, when several other regulars had already had their say.

Now as my post itself is off topic, I will bow out.
    Hey, can I have a break ?
    This TA pro and cons just bother me.
    When I read one, I pass on, when I see several, I pass on, when I need to scroll pages and pages I still pass on. When I read last one that has obvious unfair args (a random selection of unordered dates) I just refrain to add OT lines and shoot the author.
    Thus, I use a general reminder with a bit of humor, to avoid the thread going on fire again. I don't care who wrote it, I don't care if it's pro or con. I'm not a judge, there's no trial. Just try to keep this place somehow on topic and friendly enough.

That's why I only quoted a few words.
    That's why I shouldn't have to explain.

Thank you very much and have a bright Friday !

Peace.
    SF

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-20-13 at 02:44 AM.
    09-20-13 01:58 AM
    I know it's popular amongst consumers and business alike. HUGELY so. I just don't get the monetization. Facebook I understand with the adverts and the inserted advert posts to my timeline. I just haven't seen it on Twitter yet.
    Twitter has been inserting sponsored adverts (in the form of sponsored posts) into the timeline for a while now, that you say you don't see them suggests that they have managed to crack making seamless to users.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-20-13 02:11 AM
    I personally dont like these social media valuations.

The projected growth is too far out in an industry which is subject to way too much change/innovation. I feel like there is very little solid to invest in. I know other people will have a counter argument, but that is my personal feeling.

Now if we can get some value from BBM and monetise it, that is a different story!
    bungaboy, Randeman, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-20-13 02:57 AM
    I agree with you.

I like the valuations precedent due to the impact it could/should have on bbry, but I don't place much weight on it either.

Mobile social networks feels like a new bubble.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:05 AM
    I personally dont like these social media valuations.

The projected growth is too far out in an industry which is subject to way too much change/innovation. I feel like there is very little solid to invest in. I know other people will have a counter argument, but that is my personal feeling.

Now if we can get some value from BBM and monetise it, that is a different story!
    Image. (edited) and piles of $$ as brand recognition.
    Images worth thousands words ?
    What probability this could happen if you step back 2yrs ago ?
    Still aiming at marketing skills of BB ? Don't stop at the "details", watch the whole picture ! #whatAshift
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-20-13 at 05:10 AM.
    09-20-13 03:10 AM
    Are you talking about the building in the background

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 05:53 AM
    Twitter is becoming a huge data mine for TV people and content producers. Twitter has been on a hiring spree of media/TV /sports content execs to lay the groundwork for their next phase I believe. Data is powerful and is accumulated from what people say and tweet. Users are giving this info away for free, Twitter is compiling and selling it.

I belive they have huge potential but doesn't mean I'm gonna buy into the IPO, especially after the FB debacle.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    09-20-13 06:23 AM
    Twitter has been inserting sponsored adverts (in the form of sponsored posts) into the timeline for a while now, that you say you don't see them suggests that they have managed to crack making seamless to users.
    It's more likely the fact that I rarely use twitter.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-20-13 06:32 AM
    It's amazing the amount of free marketing the media pretty much does on iPhone launch days.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:43 AM
    It's amazing the amount of free marketing the media pretty much does on iPhone launch days.

Posted via CB10
    It's a culture/cult. Apple nurtures the kids in grade school and has developed a very deep farm team over the past 10-15 years. (Baa baa baa )
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-20-13 07:32 AM
    It's a culture/cult. Apple nurtures the kids in grade school and has developed a very deep farm team over the past 10-15 years. (Baa baa baa )
    Lol...without being a hater, this reminds of a cult documentary I watched back in high school.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bumxcceceam155e.jpg
    bungaboy, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    09-20-13 07:45 AM
    Morgan, I know you've been around the block so I want to ask you, how much weight does the Markham hearing play on patent disputes?
    Good morning CJ!!

I believe you are referring to the "Markman Hearing" that will take place with your small company, Zecotek? I think they are very important, any time you are required to go before a District Judge to present your arguments re: a lawsuit, you need to be just as prepared as you would be for a pre-trial hearing or for that matter, discovery, or the trial itself. The case is reviewed to see whether there is a likely infringement possible against the heart and spirit of the patent(s) held. The Judge can recommend that a settlement be worked out prior to the case even going to trial.

If the evidence is strong, (I personally think some of the outcomes are subjective here) the court will press for a settlement of the infringement which can save everyone concerned in the matter, with a long, costly drawn out trial. Knowing what the outcome might entail doesn't mean the trial result will necessarily have the same outcome! In a patent dispute, it all comes down to the wording of the patent and as you know from BlackBerry, many of these patents are open to interpretation! A drawing of a device and some short description might be received by one Judge far differently than the next. Messy stuff sometimes.

A quick example here, suppose you go to a Markman Hearing, the infringement holds, you are asked to settle and the other side offers you $ xxxxx.xx dollars, you scoff at the number and go to trial, the Judge rules in your favour but notices that the Markman settlement offer seems reasonable to them. You could be crippled by the fact that you didn't accept the Markman driven settlement and judgment might go in your favour .... at a reduced value (you are typically looking for damages plus costs and get damages only). So you really want to deal with the settlement up front and be objective about it as they are usually based on evidence from prior trials. Hope that helps!
    bungaboy, Randeman, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    09-20-13 07:54 AM
    If it does, I'll fill you in. Not directly related to the stock so not overly important

Posted via CB10
    me thinks tis another candidate for your IG_LST.
    09-20-13 07:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure it is free. Especially with the print media. When 'national' newspapers have, online, the equivalent of 4 printed pages on the latest iPhone I would think that, struggling as they are, newspapers are not providing this coverage for free.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, leafs123 and 1 others like this.
    09-20-13 08:05 AM
113,250 ... 19581959196019611962 ...