View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If this report from today is true, or even close to it, BBM downloads and Chart patterns are not going to matter.

BlackBerry Ltd poised for writedown as inventory of unsold smartphones swells to almost $1-billion | Financial Post
    Is it a report, or a theory?
    There's a difference.
    09-19-13 04:36 PM
    I am trying to learn chart patterns.
    It seems that we had two inverted head and shoulders, but I can't figure out the third formation. Would TA experts please help (see attached illustration).
    Attachment 203505

Posted via CB10
    Hi plasmid_boy:

I would extend your chart to September 18 to see the first half of the inverse head and shoulder pattern. Here's my chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-19-5.32.39-pm.jpg
    09-19-13 04:36 PM
    iGasms .................................hahahaha LoL
    Then stop looking at the stock chart!!!
    sidhuk, bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    09-19-13 04:38 PM
    Well, it's Thirstday and I gots me a hankerin for a cold one and some opinion relaying time.... lol

We didn't close up over the 10.56 mark so I see...
    For tomorrow I see us testing the uptrend again which I believe is at 10.25 and pushing up to close in the mid 10.60's.
    Let me get this straight. So, you're saying head is good (and shoulders, of course) and what came next?

Oh yeah, and thanks Sidhuk. Can't get that Indian BBM song out of my head. Must buy Z30. Must buy Z30 (subliminal ad?)
    sidhuk, bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    09-19-13 04:39 PM
    From the wsj interview that I found interesting

WSJ: Are you exploring any partnerships?
    Verstraete: Yes, things are absolutely in the pipeline. Some of them have already been announced. For example, in Africa, Samsung is already advertising that BBM will be coming to their devices. We are in talks, and over the following weeks something will be announced. We gave them a license to preload the application on their handsets. "

Also when talking about monetizing bbm, bbm money will be a huge part of this I would guess.
    I particularly like the part:

Verstraete: Our objective is to be the largest, most engaged private social network...
    09-19-13 04:40 PM
    Let me get this straight. So, you're saying head is good (and shoulders, of course) and what came next?

Oh yeah, and thanks Sidhuk. Can't get that Indian BBM song out of my head. Must buy Z30. Must buy Z30 (subliminal ad?)
    Well you gotta stall on the shoulder before the head starts. A head with no shoulder leaves a flat finish and nobody wants that.....
    09-19-13 04:44 PM
    Well you gotta stall on the shoulder before the head starts. A head with no shoulder leaves a flat finish and nobody wants that.....
    and that my friend is called Ying Yang support.
    09-19-13 04:49 PM
    Help me out, I'm trying to follow your reasoning here. You believe there's something "rampant" between BlackBerry and Microsoft because you think BBM WP already exists in BlackBerry's labs?

If there was something rampant, then why was Windows Phone excluded from the very beginning when they mentioned BBM for iOS and Android only? Why would they hold back BBM for Windows phone, specially if it exists already?

I struggle to understand how the absence of support for WP => there is some secret partnership between BlackBerry and Microsoft. If anything it would imply the opposite?
    Because there has been a wait and see period, a non aggression agreement until W8 and BB10 went public and in the wild.
    But none succeeded and both were late (esp. BB10) .
    Timing. Timing. All is timing.
    And that's what scrambled the picture.
    And made BBM WP undefined as a product, until a deal is set. Or abandoned.

That "picture" I have in my head for months. Alliance to defeat the duopoly ; win the battle where you can, do not fight two headed dragons... Sun Tzu (like).
    To me it's or should be written in capital letters on a white wall. But I believe rosy glasses are mandatory to be able to see the special paint they've used. I won't blame anyone who don't buy my story.

But if I'm right, This would be IMHO the greatest corporate strategy since... the 20th century.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-19-13 04:54 PM
    From the wsj interview that I found interesting

WSJ: Are you exploring any partnerships?
    Verstraete: Yes, things are absolutely in the pipeline. Some of them have already been announced. For example, in Africa, Samsung is already advertising that BBM will be coming to their devices. We are in talks, and over the following weeks something will be announced. We gave them a license to preload the application on their handsets. "

Also when talking about monetizing bbm, bbm money will be a huge part of this I would guess.
    Do you have a link to this?
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-19-13 04:55 PM
    For those of you who may have wives that are currently travelling, here's an important travel advisory...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image001-2-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:04 PM
    Do you have a link to this?
    I originally posted it three pages back but here you go:

Q&A: BBM Executive on App’s Future - Digits - WSJ
    bungaboy and nquyen like this.
    09-19-13 05:06 PM
    Is it a report, or a theory?
    There's a difference.
    I'm wondering how "writedowns" affect the financial of a company.

And when can a company do it?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:10 PM
    Hey Morgan!

Sorry OT from bbry but do you see a pullback for ACAD in the coming weeks? going to be exiting a big position in another stock and wanted to get into ACAD around 20-21 thanks!
    09-19-13 05:13 PM
    I am trying to learn chart patterns.
    It seems that we had two inverted head and shoulders, but I can't figure out the third formation. Would TA experts please help (see attached illustration).
    Attachment 203505

Posted via CB10
    I think the first two are the Long John Silver "peg leg" formation. The last one looks like the ole "gluteus maximus" formation
    sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    09-19-13 05:15 PM
    HAHAHAH! I literally almost fell off my chair. that looks like saggy b*!@bs and not so saggy! LMAO
    09-19-13 05:18 PM
    9/19/2013; 26 million in volume; closed at $10.53.

I agree with CJ, neither side really won today. The candle of today is a long legged doji, which represents indecision.

Bullish interpretation:
    - Closed just slightly above MA 20. MACD on the daily shows a move to cycle up, recovering from the drop yesterday. Combine with this Stoch. RSI, and RSI. This shows a buy and stay long signal.
    - It looks like, instead of an ascending triangle, we have a mini pennant started on 9/11 or 9/17 on the hourly chart. I interpret this as a pressure building up for a bigger move.
    - On the 30 minute chart, MA 50 is about to cross MA 200 upward. See the pattern of the thick purple line. This supports the validity of the main pennant (red top line, and black bottom line)
    - Weekly chart looks good so far, let's see how this week will close first.

Bearish interpretation:
    - Friday, option expiration, and negative rumors.

--
    I would like to see the SP to close above $10.65 tomorrow. To maintain the bullish pennant, the SP needs to close above $10.41 - $10.45 tomorrow.

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-19-6.01.13-pm.jpg

Hourly:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-19-5.29.28-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-19-6.07.09-pm.jpg
    09-19-13 05:20 PM
    I think the first two are the Long John Silver "peg leg" formation. The last one looks like the ole "gluteus maximus" formation
    LoL, the the 7 speed Pervomatic transmission in works.
    Off to gym now. Have a great eve gang..
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    09-19-13 05:21 PM
    The key is.... analysing and keeping your mouth AND EARS shut!

You're welcome!
    FIFY
    09-19-13 05:30 PM
    I do believe we may have a record today for positive BlackBerry articles - at least five today, I think. And an average day of 45 negative ones.

Here's George K. with another mostly positive one...

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Buy Blackberry, Even If No One Bids On It - Seeking Alpha
    09-19-13 05:36 PM
    For those of you who may have wives that are currently travelling, here's an important travel advisory...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001(2).jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	203551

Posted via CB10
    Looks like another bb10 touch screen photo mistake?
    09-19-13 05:42 PM
    Thought my Z screen had a crack in it.
    bungaboy, dusdal and sidhuk like this.
    09-19-13 05:50 PM
    I originally posted it three pages back but here you go:

Q&A: BBM Executive on App’s Future - Digits - WSJ
    Sorry haha I kind of just check in on the most recent page every couple of hours. Thanks!
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-19-13 06:16 PM
    People seem to be on a TA high today, with some-one even apologizing for appearing to question its wisdom.

Lets see how well Morgan, the resident expert, has performed over the last few months. These are randomly chosen dates. It turns out it is quite difficult to extract predictions from Morgan's post, but here goes,

8/1 Close: 8.76
    Everything points toward a rally from here, I simply don't think we are going to go much lower than our recent lows. The volume is light, the news is slightly positive and that sets the stage for some positive movement in the stock. I'm waiting for BBM cross platform to officially launch for signs that BlackBerry is making a real comeback here.
    8/2 Close 8.92

This one was a clear success.

6/27: Close 14.48
    We have resistance at $ 15.00/shr for two reasons, the Bollinger Bands state we can't close above $ 15.00/shr today unless we break with a 95% probability that all stocks stay within their Bands. The other important milestone is that this is the first time in a very long time that we can make a higher high during the day, and possibly close at that higher high. If we can close above the $ 15.00 mark, we are truly making history since the beginning of March. Of course there is only 6 1/2 hours of trading left before we get our hands on some BBRY news so a lot can happen going into the close today.
    6/28: Close 10.46
    A warning may have been helpful.

6/25 Close:14.56
    The trend is looking good here, we broke out of that steep downtrend line yesterday, and the Bollinger Bands show support at $ 14.00/shr, and, there is little resistance up to $ 14.75/shr. We need to continue to rally here but not in volatile steps, just move up and start to widen those BB's for a major move on Friday. If we can clear $ 14.75/shr, we are set to rally to the $ 16.00/shr area and wait for news.
    6/26: Close 14.91
    Again no inkling of the disaster of the 28th.

5/2 Close: 15.70
    If you look at the volume, we are right back to low volume and little trading in the stock. We will be lucky to break 22 million shares all day. I see us drifting back up to the 5-dma ($ 15.65) and sitting there until we FINALLY get some news on this new product. Until that comes, we are going to drift around on light volume here. It is worth noting that we haven't even started to feel that gap up on Monday ($ 15.02 - $ 15.27).
    5/3 Close 15.63

6/3: Close 13.61
    The lines I believe are important are the lower green line, the extreme support line, and, the upper blue line, the extreme resistance line. The combo is narrowing fast! My maximum range for the stock today is $ 15.80/shr down to $ 13.65/shr and narrowing from there.
    6/4 Close 13.54

Basically the TA readings contains way too many ifs, are vague and its difficult to find the actual predictions in them. When they are there, the odds of them being right is about 50/50.
    rodan01 likes this.
    09-19-13 06:35 PM
    If Bugmapper can get them to order their 500,000 Q10s it would help. LoL

Canada minister says hopes BlackBerry can make it on its own

Reuters
    September-19-13 4:53 PM GMT

OAKVILLE, Ontario (Reuters) - The Canadian government hopes BlackBerry Ltd, which is considering selling itself, can make it on its own, Industry Minister James Moore said on Thursday, but he added that he recognized the rapidly changing issues it faces.

"The issues that BlackBerry was approaching us with a month ago (were) very different than the news that came out yesterday," he told reporters in Oakville, Ontario, an apparent reference to a report on plans for deep job cuts.

"I want BlackBerry to do well. I want BlackBerry to grow and to continue to employ Canadians ... we're hopeful that they'll be able to make it on their own."
    09-19-13 06:39 PM
    Basically the TA...
    There's a thread for that : http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=843304

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-19-13 06:42 PM
113,256 ... 19551956195719581959 ...