View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    09-19-13 02:54 PM
    CJ. Let 'em rip. We're so close but we need some help. Cowbells!
    09-19-13 02:54 PM
    jfguay2,For the record, I have to believe in all aspects of the company itself, I have to like their product, want to use it and love their balance sheet. But when I'm siting at my desk and watching stocks hoping to make my wife a couple of grand, I only make use of TA for that purpose. GL
    Hello Morgan,

Thanks for the info, quite informative. I did not want to sound like I was debating, I was more asking about it, and I really have a better understanding now. Sorry if I came accross as a non believer or a challenger, that was never my intention. If anything, you just sold me on getting better at TA, as I love numbers and am always analyzing just about everything, at work or at home. Must admit it drives my spouse crazy, but as you said, if it could be used to make her a few grand, there woould be nothing wrong with that!. Sounds like TA is right up my alley.

Again, keep up the informative pieces, they are quite helpful.
    09-19-13 02:56 PM
    _dimi_ !!!
    I am truly pumped about BB 10.2 and BBM-X not to mention a Z30 running both!
    Me too.
    I had to buy a white Z10 from Canada for my wife when it was announced Verizon exclusive in the US.
    I might need to take another trip to Toronto to get my Z30 if the US carriers are going to drag their legs.
    09-19-13 02:57 PM
    CJ. Let 'em rip. We're so close but we need some help. Cowbells!
    I didn't want to jinx it lol
    Randeman, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-19-13 02:57 PM
    _dimi_ !!!

I have been thinking about this all afternoon and I have to agree with you, BBM-X could be huge. When you look at the experience with Skype you have to wonder if it can survive against BBM. The potential is amazing and the advertising for BlackBerry is huge, .... just getting it out there! They actually own something that people don't want to hate on, and they can add more features as they go. Let's hope they are prepared to spin it off as a separate entity if need be. I am truly pumped about BB 10.2 and BBM-X not to mention a Z30 running both!
    Hey Morgan! :-)

I agree. Just imagine being Microsoft if BBM overtakes Whatsapp within a few months. It would finally give them a foot between the door.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:02 PM
    _dimi_ !!!

I have been thinking about this all afternoon and I have to agree with you, BBM-X could be huge. When you look at the experience with Skype you have to wonder if it can survive against BBM. The potential is amazing and the advertising for BlackBerry is huge, .... just getting it out there! They actually own something that people don't want to hate on, and they can add more features as they go. Let's hope they are prepared to spin it off as a separate entity if need be. I am truly pumped about BB 10.2 and BBM-X not to mention a Z30 running both!
    Was just discussing this on the bbm group as well.

Aside from adding to valuation based on comparable per-user metrics it IS plausible that this could add to hardware sales.

If I'm chatting with iOS/Android friends on bbm at some point it will come up that it would be nice if they could subscribe to some channel I'm following (blue jays, Mercedes, personal) or "man it would be great if we could video chat right now. I could just share my screen to show you what I mean "

Beyond the 'possibility' of just selling more devices this will simply open a lot of eyes. The usual "BlackBerry can share screens/vodeo chat? Has it's own awesome social network platform? "

Of course there will be a loss of users who were only staying put due to bbm, but I would think (hope) these sorts are lower value customers, stubbornly holding their 4 year old curve than the power users switching back to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:04 PM
    Hmm.. I created a forum here :MoneyCulture Forums - maybe we can take other stock discussions there? I also own the domain MoneyCulture.ca which I will eventually point to this forum. Money Culture stands for "Growing Money" (like Agriculture stands for growing agri!)
    By the way, please do let me know if there are any issues. It should allow everyone to reply and create topics. But if there are any quirks, just let me know. Meanwhile, I will work on porting my domain (MoneyCulture.ca) to this. For now, please use MoneyCulture.Lefora.com - I created a thread for HALO already. Maybe someone (morgan+8, JLagoon ) can post a chart there?
    09-19-13 03:07 PM
    Hello Morgan,

Thanks for the info, quite informative. I did not want to sound like I was debating, I was more asking about it, and I really have a better understanding now. Sorry if I came accross as a non believer or a challenger, that was never my intention. If anything, you just sold me on getting better at TA, as I love numbers and am always analyzing just about everything, at work or at home. Must admit it drives my spouse crazy, but as you said, if it could be used to make her a few grand, there woould be nothing wrong with that!. Sounds like TA is right up my alley.

Again, keep up the informative pieces, they are quite helpful.
    i concur wholeheartedly about always analyzing and *drives our spouse crazy.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-19-13 03:08 PM
    Hey Morgan! :-)

I agree. Just imagine being Microsoft if BBM overtakes Whatsapp within a few months. It would finally give them a foot between the door.

Posted via CB10
    You mean Skype. BBM cross platform has potential now but has to be executed properly.

1. Users have to come on board.
    2. BB has to continue to upgrade and maintain its servers so more users are supported with no outages. Further, if they are pushing the "same room sound" feature for BBM video, they better deliver on it. Have to say that Skype blows on that front and video quality.
    3. Monetize.
    09-19-13 03:10 PM
    By the way, please do let me know if there are any issues. It should allow everyone to reply and create topics. But if there are any quirks, just let me know. Meanwhile, I will work on porting my domain (MoneyCulture.ca) to this. For now, please use MoneyCulture.Lefora.com - I created a thread for HALO already. Maybe someone (morgan+8, JLagoon can post a chart there? )
    CS, just an FYI as I think difabs already started something and has been spending quite a bit of time setting something up. might be worthwhile for you both to chat it up via PM!
    Superfly_FR, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    09-19-13 03:11 PM
    I didn't want to jinx it lol
    Maybe I didn't read far enough back in the thread... but, what's the connection between CJ and livestock again?

Oh right, that's ...bells. My mistake.
    09-19-13 03:13 PM
    i concur wholeheartedly about always analyzing and *drives our spouse crazy.
    "Our" spouse?

I think you're doing Polygamy wrong.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:17 PM
    You mean Skype. BBM cross platform has potential now but has to be executed properly.

1. Users have to come on board.
    2. BB has to continue to upgrade and maintain its servers so more users are supported with no outages. Further, if they are pushing the "same room sound" feature for BBM video, they better deliver on it. Have to say that Skype blows on that front and video quality.
    3. Monetize.
    Initially Whatsapp as there are - for now - no plans with regards to BBM being introduced on WP8. Which would put Microsoft in a vulnerable position if BBM were to overtake Whatsapp. Then add a Desktop / Enterprise BBM version and you've got a serious Skype competitor (NSA scandal, BBM money,...)

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:17 PM
    Was just discussing this on the bbm group as well.

Aside from adding to valuation based on comparable per-user metrics it IS plausible that this could add to hardware sales.
    Posted via CB10
    I can definitely see that happening. Guess we'll know more this weekend when the downloads start. I hope it's more than the last non-start where we had pretty decent volume right away.
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    09-19-13 03:18 PM
    Interesting read.

Tyson Verstraete, who is in charge of the BBM�s market development, spoke with The Wall Street Journal early Thursday in India.

Q&A: BBM Executive on App�s Future - Digits - WSJ
    09-19-13 03:20 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img1379621811022.jpg
    Yes, showing off the green and the power of the Z10

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry>BBZTEN*
    09-19-13 03:21 PM
    I am trying to learn chart patterns.
    It seems that we had two inverted head and shoulders, but I can't figure out the third formation. Would TA experts please help (see attached illustration).
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chart.png

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:27 PM
    Interesting read.

Tyson Verstraete, who is in charge of the BBM�s market development, spoke with The Wall Street Journal early Thursday in India.

Q&A: BBM Executive on App�s Future - Digits - WSJ
    Great interview.

I like the engagement metric. Leads one to think that a per-user metric should use the higher end of the range.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:29 PM
    "Our" spouse?

I think you're doing Polygamy wrong.

Posted via CB10
    HAHAH, I meant mine and JF2. your lucky to have one that doesnt give crap for sitting infront of the computer too long. as for me I'm lucky but not on that front
    Randeman, bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    09-19-13 03:30 PM
    I am trying to learn chart patterns.
    It seems that we had two inverted head and shoulders, but I can't figure out the third formation. Would TA experts please help (see attached illustration).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chart.png 
Views:	1164 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	203505

Posted via CB10
    HAHAHAH! I literally almost fell off my chair. that looks like saggy b*!@bs and not so saggy! LMAO
    09-19-13 03:31 PM
    The technical term is silicone correction

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:33 PM
    Interesting read.

Tyson Verstraete, who is in charge of the BBM’s market development, spoke with The Wall Street Journal early Thursday in India.

Q&A: BBM Executive on App’s Future - Digits - WSJ
    while reading this. BBM is very popular in that country.
    here is the youtube video.
    Note, interesting BD comments CJ
    09-19-13 03:34 PM
    Companion Channel for MoneyCulture

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000376.png

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-19-13 03:37 PM
    The technical term is silicone correction

Posted via CB10
    Dang, there is a term to describe it already?
    I was thinking if there isn't one yet, I would call it the 'double D' formation. LOL
    09-19-13 03:38 PM
113,252 ... 19531954195519561957 ...