View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    trying to get BBM on as many handsets as possible is the right move,.
    BBRY appears to be repositioning itself. It seems competitor phone makers appreciate BBM's appeal. It is up to BBRY to monetize it.
    09-19-13 09:27 AM
    Good morning Gang,
    Please dont forget to spey or neuter the troll.
    Have a great day.
    Retired people....
    It's 10:30 and you just signed in? LOL
    09-19-13 09:27 AM
    For my fellow AMD peeps, Sony expects to sell 5M consoles by April 1st.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:28 AM
    BBRY appears to be repositioning itself. It seems competitor phone makers appreciate BBM's appeal. It is up to BBRY to monetize it.
    I think played right, they could have a strong future as a much smaller services/software company and pretty much every move recently suggest the board and CEO agree with that.
    W Hoa likes this.
    09-19-13 09:28 AM
    Man, following this stock just wears you down sometimes just on the stories that are published, which some are deserved. I hope this thing plays out positively for us.
    Take a big breath and go with YOUR plan.

We are used to being played like a fiddle by now.
    09-19-13 09:31 AM
    Retired people....
    It's 10:30 and you just signed in? LOL
    Usually up at 8:30. LoL. In central time. Took some time to read few pages.
    These guys are persistence. Keep on coming.
    I watched world war Z last night. Reminded me of the speed of the Zombies.
    09-19-13 09:36 AM
    Take a big breath and go with YOUR plan.

We are used to being played like a fiddle by now.
    Yep...looking at the cup half full, at least negative news doesn't have the same effect on the SP daily as it used it.
    09-19-13 09:36 AM
    This cross platform thing is a clear indication that they are trying to get out of hardware, several people have told me that this news means they can finally move to over to Android and ditch their BB.

Is there any conceivable way that a cross platform BBM will increase hardware sales?
    Assuming a given customer thinks there is any merit at all in a BB10 phone (and no rational person would dispute that), then one reason to consider avoiding one would be if one's friends and contacts used only instant messaging apps which had a poor user experience on BB10, or which didn't exist there. For example, if all my friends were using Skype, I'd be annoyed if Skype were the only way I could talk to them on their own devices. (More so since yesterday when I was trying to use it and the keyboard on my Z10 insisted on covering the text input area for some reason.)

If BBM provides them with a good messaging experience on their non-BB device, then I can get the BB10 (for the others reasons I like it) and get them to install BBM to keep in touch with me.

I've already talked to several friends with non-BB phones who've said "I'll instant BBM the instant it's available".

Basically, cross-platform BBM eliminates one more reason someone might want to avoid BB10. That can lead to some sales they wouldn't otherwise have had.
    09-19-13 09:37 AM
    Chris Lau has this to say over at SA:

BlackBerry Could Double From Here

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry Could Double From Here - Seeking Alpha
    Randeman, jxnb, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    09-19-13 09:38 AM
    I think played right, they could have a strong future as a much smaller services/software company and pretty much every move recently suggest the board and CEO agree with that.
    I wouldn't buy stock in a company that is planing to shrink smaller. Just makes more sense to buy into growing companies.
    I see BBRY as a start up technology with built-in brand, infrastructure, and money (the three things that startups usually lack and need to succeed).
    09-19-13 09:39 AM
    I wouldn't buy stock in a company that is planing to shrink smaller. Just makes more sense to buy into growing companies.
    I see BBRY as a start up technology with built-in brand, infrastructure, and money (the three things that startups usually lack and need to succeed).
    I think it makes sense if you are talking about the direction of the company rather than shareholder value in the short-term - which is why my perferred option would be a smaller private BBRY that concentrates on S/S. I take your start-up point but I think hardware is an legacy hang-on that is acting as a drag.
    09-19-13 09:42 AM
    And blackberry just need to find a cure to be invincible to the Wall street Zombies.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-19-13 09:44 AM
    The 40% cut is a must whether the company could get itself sold or not. It is sad for the employees and their family, but good for shareholders.
    Just looked at the old highflies like Nortel, Sun, Lucent, JDSU,....., way more than 40%.

If BBRY could not get itself sold and continue to run as an independent company, I would guess 40% may not be enough, considering its service revenue is dropping quickly, while its software revenue(BES and others) actually drops 12% YOY too.
    09-19-13 09:44 AM
    And blackberry just need to find a cure to be invincible to the Wall street Zombies.
    Sunlight would do that. Secrets are never secret for long.
    Randeman, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-19-13 09:50 AM
    Hmmmm.... was the first part of the day an inverse head and shoulders? The current action is suggesting it just might be so.
    09-19-13 09:50 AM
    Like others, I got clocked badly by the tumble after the previous earnings release, but I'm still holding. However, I think expectations are so low this time, that anything short of a disaster will probably make the stock tick higher.

My fear though, is that it will indeed be a disaster. Why else would they:

1) Tout a mere 2000 handset order in a press release.
    2) Offer their employees very cheap pricing for BB10's, but only if the bought a minimum of TEN!
    3) Lay off so many people in wave after seemingly never ending wave
    4) Keep their CEO in hiding for most of the quarter
    5) Get booted from so many retail locations

Seriously, the bad news never stopped this quarter. The last time I checked the earnings release, I was in Heathrow and on a plane to Asia. The #'s came out right before my flight was about to take off, and when I saw the headline #, I just shut my phone off. Needless to say, it was not a very pleasant flight.
    09-19-13 09:53 AM
    Like others, I got clocked badly by the tumble after the previous earnings release, but I'm still holding. However, I think expectations are so low this time, that anything short of a disaster will probably make the stock tick higher.

My fear though, is that it will indeed be a disaster. Why else would they:

1) Tout a mere 2000 handset order in a press release.
    2) Offer their employees very cheap pricing for BB10's, but only if the bought a minimum of TEN!
    3) Lay off so many people in wave after seemingly never ending wave
    4) Keep their CEO in hiding for most of the quarter
    5) Get booted from so many retail locations

Seriously, the bad news never stopped this quarter. The last time I checked the earnings release, I was in Heathrow and on a plane to Asia. The #'s came out right before my flight was about to take off, and when I saw the headline #, I just shut my phone off. Needless to say, it was not a very pleasant flight.
    This is news to me? I've never seen anything about orders that require a minimum of ten.
    cjcampbell, Randeman and rarsen like this.
    09-19-13 09:56 AM
    This is news to me? I've never seen anything about orders that require a minimum of ten.
    I was wondering the same thing. I know they have a maximum of 10 allowed at employee pricing but no minimums. Especially considering the difference in employee price to cost is a taxable benefit so BB wins on that angle.
    Randeman, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-19-13 09:59 AM
    He's wrong, they were allowed to buy up to ten. No minimum orders required.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:03 AM
    Tufenk, to the rescue...shart squeeze material...

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BBM Spin-Off Could Create Short Exodus - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    09-19-13 10:03 AM
    Why is everyone asking where Heins has been? Didn't we all agree after the last 2-3 times (ER and AGM etc) that he was making things worse every time he spoke?

I suppose I should be glad it's just "where was Heins?" rather than "Oh man why did they put Heins up there again?" Those discussions were really getting stale.
    09-19-13 10:04 AM
    Anybody holding Pitney Blowes? Lots of people hate it, but, it hasn't blown at all for me in the past year.

Morgan, is HALO just profit-taking today? Got a 3 -min chart that may show me when to jump in?
    09-19-13 10:05 AM
    I know some of you don't wander out of here but if you are in the UK and are looking for the contract price of the Z30:

BlackBerry Z30 tariffs | The Carphone Warehouse
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-19-13 10:08 AM
    If 10.56 can be broken and held, I think the next level of resistance will be around 10.80.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-19-13 10:14 AM
    Question for TA guys...what do you guys use for chart making? Is it a free software or a site? Or have to purchase one?
    09-19-13 10:14 AM
113,256 ... 19491950195119521953 ...