View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    JL: my big concern is they botch the ER on purpose to lower SP to $8 to pay a 30% premium to current levels.

If I was prem and knew the results were bad, wouldn't I offer the day after the ER? Doesn't TH make $50M regardless.

This is a legitimate fear of mine

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:12 PM
    JL: my big concern is they botch the ER on purpose to lower SP to $8 to pay a 30% premium to current levels.

If I was prem and knew the results were bad, wouldn't I offer the day after the ER? Doesn't TH make $50M regardless.

This is a legitimate fear of mine

Posted via CB10
    The numbers are the numbers. They come out in print and are what they are. If there was even a hint of intentional fudging of the numbers or the call to drop the price, there would be some seriously expensive legal action taking place.
    09-18-13 08:16 PM
    09-18-13 08:23 PM
    The numbers are the numbers. They come out in print and are what they are. If there was even a hint of intentional fudging of the numbers or the call to drop the price, there would be some seriously expensive legal action taking place.
    Sorry, I wasn?t saying they would fudge the numbers.

What I am thinking is prem left the board early enough in the quarter so he couldn't claim he knew anything about the results in that quarter. This would allow him make a bid with no prior knowledge.

This is all assuming the numbers are bad, which I hope they surprise positively.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:25 PM
    Thanks Leafs, ya just saved me. After Notfunboy's last heart-to-heart I was almost ready to throw in the towel. Only been holding and adding to BlackBerry since 2009. Where was he when he could have helped me realize a 55000 loss in Facebook? Now, I'm up 12000. All without locking in my losses. Imagine that. I believed in Facebook and I believe in BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:42 PM
    Sorry, I wasn?t saying they would fudge the numbers.

What I am thinking is prem left the board early enough in the quarter so he couldn't claim he knew anything about the results in that quarter. This would allow him make a bid with no prior knowledge.

This is all assuming the numbers are bad, which I hope they surprise positively.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry... it was your question about them botching the ER on purpose in order to drop the stock price that I was responding to.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-18-13 08:42 PM
    Holy @!#@, talk about a crazy news day. BlackBerry is roaring back with xbbm, z30, and 10.2! ... no, wait... BlackBerry is doomed and laying off 40% of its staff... no, wait... BlackBerry is roaring back with 4 more devices !

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-18-13 08:43 PM
    Just another day in the life of a BlackBerry holder. That rubber band is getting so tight that a reasonable or surprising ER will see us 'sprung'. If this thing gets started, the sharts won't be able to stop it, I hope.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:51 PM
    Just another day in the life of a BlackBerry holder. That rubber band is getting so tight that a reasonable or surprising ER will see us 'sprung'. If this thing gets started, the sharts won't be able to stop it, I hope.

Posted via CB10
    We should all get medals or at least campaign ribbons! Shareholders and employees both.

09-18-13 09:03 PM
    Holy @!#@, talk about a crazy news day. BlackBerry is roaring back with xbbm, z30, and 10.2! ... no, wait... BlackBerry is doomed and laying off 40% of its staff... no, wait... BlackBerry is roaring back with 4 more devices !

Monkey media, if they don't have a story, just pull it from their backside and fling it.
    09-18-13 09:07 PM
    I have always been of the opinion that it doesn't matter whether the hardware division is worth zero or negative, two or three years from now, I will still be able to buy the 'just launched' BlackBerry phone with a BlackBerry logo.
    I will still come back to post the screen shots of the new phone on Crackberry.
    I will still get to see the threads about how the specs could have been better and how the price should have been lower.
    And I will still love the way I manage my businesses with just my phone.
    And every time someone mentions "shorts", it will always bring up an instant smile on my face.....
    09-18-13 09:14 PM
    I have been in red since June 28. For me, I refuse to sell at loss given the company condition. I want to know the result of corporate development, and the time frame becomes shorter as days go by. It is sickening to be in red for a long time, but I am staying long.

You can also think about it from a different perspective of those, who were lucky enough to enter or re-enter the trade at $8 - $9 in July. Whoever accumulated back then is up big time. And if I were one of them, then I would want to see the max return, when there is result on corporate development.

Time is ticking. BBMx this weekend. September ER will be just next Friday morning. Corp dev result by November. What I want to know is, whether something about corp dev will be announced either before or in ER. Blackberry can finalize it by November, but I sure hope that Heins and Watsa plan the announcement carefully considering the September ER.
    LOL. I am one of them. The key is I am not a bb fan, never ever owned a bb phone before.

bought from 9 to 6.xx last year and sold from 14.x to 17.x in Jan., resetup my position at 9 in July and sold all at 11.x when it popped to 12,
    getting back from 10.92 to 10.17 again, but did not sell at 11.5, plan to sell when the final judgement day reaches.

LOL, you can call me a troll, but I am longing lots (in tens of thousands) of bbry shares.

I found crackberry.com by googling news and saw some interesting posts and registered a name.
    BlackistheBerry and Randeman like this.
    09-18-13 09:56 PM
    LOL. I am one of them. The key is I am not a bb fan, never ever owned a bb phone before.

bought from 9 to 6.xx last year and sold from 14.x to 17.x in Jan., resetup my position at 9 in July and sold all at 11.x when it popped to 12,
    getting back from 10.92 to 10.17 again, but did not sell at 11.5, plan to sell when the final judgement day reaches.

LOL, you can call me a troll, but I am longing lots (in tens of thousands) of bbry shares.

I found crackberry.com by googling news and saw some interesting posts and registered a name.
    Naw, sounds like with you being long in a position, you'd probably fit right in. Trolls are a different critter altogether. It
    09-18-13 10:00 PM
    there's some truth behind the 40% comment unfortunately...
    09-18-13 10:25 PM
    I got this from BBM Channels. Nice to see new tech working to incorporate BlackBerry... especially since its totally irrelevant right?

CTX Virtual Technologies, Inc. Has Received BlackBerry Approval to Start Using the BlackBerry Ltd. Compatible Logo | Virtual-Strategy Magazine
    Clifford Rhee, CEO, stated: "We have worked very hard to make our VK series compatible with all portable communication devices. The successful completion of the BlackBerry review is one more positive step in our commitment to our shareholders to have a CTX virtual keyboard available to all Smartphone, Tablet and PDA manufactures and retailers worldwide."

Read more: CTX Virtual Technologies, Inc. Has Received BlackBerry Approval to Start Using the BlackBerry Ltd. Compatible Logo | Virtual-Strategy Magazine

at least somebody still believes in BB, even in a 100% market share.
    09-18-13 10:29 PM

Show us some proof..... if you actually did that, you wouldn't be posting here right now......

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:29 PM
    there's some truth behind the 40% comment unfortunately...
    yeah, they are replacing the people that make the older models. is that a bad thing? or is it a sign BB has its finger on its pulse and doing what it takes?
    09-18-13 10:32 PM
    Well, one possibility is that the 40% includes some of the changes that have been made already, and thus represents a total amount, not an additional amount.

09-18-13 10:39 PM
    Show us some proof..... if you actually did that, you wouldn't be posting here right now......

Posted via CB10
    Why do people always ask for proof of people's trades? Who cares really. Any 'proof' would be easy enough to fake, and what difference would it really make? And what would his motivation for lying be? So he can show off to a bunch of people on the net who he doesn't know and will never meet, and who don't know him?

I just don't get why you would ask him to prove it, what it would accomplish, and why anyone would care either way?
    09-18-13 11:31 PM
    Oh the media... I'm sorry, but does anyone feel more secure about holding on to their shares now due to the media's constant and predictable bashing... I mean, they are becoming less and less credible it seems... If these analysts are going to constantly push out negativity everytime a positive release comes out it just makes it more obvious there is a hidden agenda. It does suck being down but hey, I think soon we will hear something that will give us a whip past 15.

I am shocked as well as to the rumors/story about BB potentially making new devices. I was about to bed the Z30 was the final BB device before something major happens to the company.

Oh, and ER is going to be crap IMO, but I really, really don't think the drop will be that significant. \

Time to eat.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-580262_10152306054497334_1868865418_n.jpg
    09-18-13 11:49 PM
    Why the lay-off news had to come out on the release day of the Z30 is crazy. Blackberry should have waited a few days at least!

TH can't be that stupid!
    Depends how you look at it: From an investors point of view, it is positive.
    rarsen likes this.
    09-19-13 12:04 AM
    Depends how you look at it: From an investors point of view, it is positive.
    The positive I guess I take from it, is because BB is preparing something BIG... Potentially a cut off from the Hardware division to license out...
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    09-19-13 12:06 AM
    I got this from BBM Channels. Nice to see new tech working to incorporate BlackBerry... especially since its totally irrelevant right?

CTX Virtual Technologies, Inc. Has Received BlackBerry Approval to Start Using the BlackBerry Ltd. Compatible Logo | Virtual-Strategy Magazine
    I wonder if these are early spins of a segway into TAT?
    Randeman likes this.
    09-19-13 12:11 AM

...I am shocked as well as to the rumors/story about BB potentially making new devices. I was about to bed the Z30 was the final BB device before something major happens to the company....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	580262_10152306054497334_1868865418_n.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	203294
    I'm not shocked... Just adjusted my seat, and made a mongo-sized box of popcorn, ready to watch the BlackBerry show! Next devices should be the slider, and maybe the thin-tablet-a-majiger that we all want to happen.

Perhaps by Years' end, we get taken by storm with TAT!
    bungaboy, Randeman, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-19-13 12:19 AM

...I am shocked as well as to the rumors/story about BB potentially making new devices. I was about to bed the Z30 was the final BB device before something major happens to the company....

[CENTER]
    I'm not shocked... Just adjusted my seat, and made a mongo-sized box of popcorn, ready to watch the BlackBerry show! Next devices should be the slider, and maybe the thin-tablet-a-majiger that we all want to happen.

Perhaps by Years' end, we get taken by storm with TAT!
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-19-13 12:20 AM
113,256 ... 19461947194819491950 ...