View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    09-18-13 03:47 PM
    Please watch this: CrackBerry Live Podcast Episode 100: BBM for Android and iOS, BlackBerry Z30 and more! | CrackBerry.com
    (currently watching it, but chilled out with the missing IFs and Champ' tempering)
    thanks for pointing there. as it clarifies that WSJ is spoiling the good news party for the blackberry with spinning the old old news.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-18-13 03:49 PM
    warning: venting moment
    anyone just sick of seeing a sea of red with bbry?
    Like enough of holding a 28++% loss already (depending on the day)
    I'm seriously questioning this thing. Bears have such an ability to spin and spin and spin any little gain
    into oblivion.
    What is keeping you holding? Chime in, cause I'm needing a dang pep talk here lol.
    Tough to see and take isn't it. I too at times felt the same and felt like enough is enough especially when some felt the company should defend itself more. Although looking from another angle, truth or false, right or wrong time will tell, dust will settle.

Ethics of writers and the stuff they are pumping out to get a few clicks paid is beyond logic, I'm holding because i'm confident about their products and their platform. no one has a crystal ball, and we all have different ways to believe and invest on what we believe in.

The tough part is do you believe? and what your goals are. I don't know what I would do to be honest as its been one heck of the ride since last Sep.

I can only share my opinions and we can only take an educated guess. Laying off and trimming down is a must for a company in a survival mode and trying to regain it's position in the market. I like their advantages where they have ability to adapt into different market sectors with their different products/softwares. I don't doubt this will probably be a painful ride on paper hopefully until we know more and i really don't think any company like to trim their workforce for no good reasons as it will affect a lot of people's life.

Do what you think is right and base your decisions on that and don't look back or regret. this ER will tell us a lot and i can't help but to think it will be RED but with low expectations and all the dooms and glooms, I personally think it can't get any worse. If that is the case, it can only go up of course with a few bumps here and there.

GL, whatever you decide to do. do share your thoughts and that is what make this thread so different.
    lcjr, sidhuk, rarsen and 6 others like this.
    09-18-13 03:57 PM
    I didn't see the BBRY confirm news, thanks. Fed days get a little nutty around here.

Hmm, layoffs include restructuring charges; wondering if TH is doing the kitchen sink approach in advance of earnings.
    Serious question, can you explain the kitchen sink approach?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:57 PM
    Serious question, can you explain the kitchen sink approach?

Posted via CB10
    wholesale write offs in a quarter, to set up better looking quarters for the future...
    leafs123 likes this.
    09-18-13 04:14 PM
    Well gang, I'm out of here for the day and probably won't be back on much during the next few days. Lots going on in my life lately (all good things). Hold the fort and keep positive vibes going and I'll try to check in when possible to see what's up.
    09-18-13 05:19 PM
    Well gang, I'm out of here for the day and probably won't be back on much during the next few days. Lots going on in my life lately (all good things). Hold the fort and keep positive vibes going and I'll try to check in when possible to see what's up.
    Don't worry Lc, I got this! Have a good few days and look forward to have you back for the countdown to ER next week.
    Compaqee likes this.
    09-18-13 05:20 PM
    Really well said!!
    a funy thought just came up, who cares about TA when you have M8! its true though, as he keep picking out those sleepers, ACAD, HALO, IMG and last but not the least BBRY .!!
    09-18-13 05:49 PM
    9/18/2013; 20 million in volume, closed at $10.40.

As anticipated, the SP cycled down around $10.4x. Around 1:50 p.m., there was a ridiculous attempt to drop the SP with ~2 million in volume. The SP, literally, dropped about $0.25 in one second or less.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-18-6.34.29-pm.png

Bullish interpretation:
    - $10.20 support was tested again, after a reversal confirmation yesterday. The SP closed above the secondary bottom pennant line at $10.40.
    - A possibility of a developing ascending triangle pattern based on the same high of yesterday and today, and given that tomorrow, the same high will be the same accompanied with higher low (above $10.24).
    - Wells Fargo Reiterates Market Perform Rating on BlackBerry Following Announcement of BlackBerry Z30 | Benzinga

Bearish interpretation:
    - Closed below MA20.
    - The SP is still completing the down cycle on the 30 minute and hourly chart. If $10.40 breaks, then it could test $10.

--
    I heard BBMx will be available on September 20.
    Z30 looks good.
    I just upgraded my iPhone to iOS7, and the UI looks like a toy phone now.

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-18-6.36.29-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-18-6.37.14-pm.jpg
    09-18-13 06:03 PM
    Massive Layoff Says It's Over For Blackberry - Forbes

Does anyone know what departments will be affected with the layoff? If it were to affect production department, then I wonder, if Blackberry has narrowed down its proposals, and anticipates to do a partnership with a company that can help with hardware production.
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-13 06:11 PM

Does anyone know what departments will be affected with the layoff? If it were to affect production department, then I wonder, if Blackberry has narrowed down its proposals, and anticipates to do a partnership with a company that can help with hardware production.
    Good point and that's what I asked half-jokingly earlier as to what their hardware staffing is like. As well, how many staff are working on BB7 vs BB10?

Some perspective is needed.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    09-18-13 06:21 PM
    I wonder how accurate these short data are. does this mean the shorts are covering slowly? or is this just an snapshot of that day etc? anyone knows?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sbnp2dc.png
    09-18-13 06:23 PM
    I'm seriously questioning this thing. Bears have such an ability to spin and spin and spin any little gain
    into oblivion.
    What is keeping you holding? Chime in, cause I'm needing a dang pep talk here lol.
    This isn't a pep talk, sorry, but my honest attempt to guess at the answer.

For some, a reluctance to make real their paper losses.
    For some, an unshakable belief that BlackBerry will someday rise again like the Phoenix
    For some, a willingness to trust experts who tell a feel good story, specially if they come with charts
    Or some combination of the above
    JonCBK likes this.
    09-18-13 06:46 PM
    Firstly, if these allegations are true, I feel for all the people losing their jobs.

I'm not that experienced in the market, but about 6 months ago, another company I was invested in, Dragonwave, cut a similar number of people and their stock went up 30%. I've seen other examples of this where wall st. Smells money after people are let go.

Can anyone help me understand why bbry took a downturn when others shoot up? This seems particularly odd because a layoff of 40% would support a takeover strategy.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb and silversun10 like this.
    09-18-13 06:53 PM
    Firstly, if these allegations are true, I feel for all the people losing their jobs.

I'm not that experienced in the market, but about 6 months ago, another company I was invested in, Dragonwave, cut a similar number of people and their stock went up 30%. I've seen other examples of this where wall st. Smells money after people are let go.

Can anyone help me understand why bbry took a downturn when others shoot up? This seems particularly odd because a layoff of 40% would support a takeover strategy.

Posted via CB10
    If they can be sold, yes, it is good news, otherwise no.
    09-18-13 06:55 PM
    If I was to trust anyone I would choose an expert, especially if he comes with charts. Who would you rather trust? A non-expert?

Edit: this is a response to the following comment;

For some, an unshakable belief that BlackBerry will someday rise again like the Phoenix
    For some, a willingness to trust experts who tell a feel good story, specially if they come with charts
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 09-18-13 at 07:22 PM.
    09-18-13 06:56 PM
    Why would BlackBerry have a higher paid North American Manufacturing group when they could manufacture much, much cheaper offshore?
    09-18-13 07:04 PM

This article is even worse than the WSE article as it assumes rumour as fact.
    09-18-13 07:12 PM
    NRR

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:21 PM
    This 40% story I'll believe when it happens. Just like the "gutted sales force" story which prove to be very small.

Also, to assume that people are holding on $BBRY because of someone with charts, blah blah blah, is silly to say. We come to exchange ideas here (good and bad) and to hopefully benefit from each other and make money in the end.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:25 PM
    ^^^^ sorry my kids got a hold of my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:25 PM

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention....

There's a cozy and comfy thread that you may love.... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=850560
    09-18-13 07:26 PM
    Why would BlackBerry have a higher paid North American Manufacturing group when they could manufacture much, much cheaper offshore?
    I have to agreed with what you said there with bitter taste in the mouth. I have lost friends, great co-workers due to their jobs got offshoring to somewhere cheaper. unfortunately I don't like that neither did they, but from a cut throat market out there especially in the mobile space, it has to be done at the cost of others and for the survival of the company as well as all the other jobs that they are able to retain in NA.

The pain is now to grow for the future and win those jobs back as a proud NA company.

Again, from a shareholder perspective, it make sense and should be done to survive as the #1 priority!
    09-18-13 07:36 PM
    into oblivion.
    I have been in red since June 28. For me, I refuse to sell at loss given the company condition. I want to know the result of corporate development, and the time frame becomes shorter as days go by. It is sickening to be in red for a long time, but I am staying long.

You can also think about it from a different perspective of those, who were lucky enough to enter or re-enter the trade at $8 - $9 in July. Whoever accumulated back then is up big time. And if I were one of them, then I would want to see the max return, when there is result on corporate development.

Time is ticking. BBMx this weekend. September ER will be just next Friday morning. Corp dev result by November. What I want to know is, whether something about corp dev will be announced either before or in ER. Blackberry can finalize it by November, but I sure hope that Heins and Watsa plan the announcement carefully considering the September ER.
    09-18-13 08:05 PM
    I got this from BBM Channels. Nice to see new tech working to incorporate BlackBerry... especially since its totally irrelevant right?

CTX Virtual Technologies, Inc. Has Received BlackBerry Approval to Start Using the BlackBerry Ltd. Compatible Logo | Virtual-Strategy Magazine
    09-18-13 08:10 PM
113,256 ... 19451946194719481949 ...