View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    @BBM official twitter handle...nice!
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-13 01:22 PM
    WSEnquirer saying BlackBerry laying of 40% of staff. WTF?

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    09-18-13 01:26 PM
    Anyone question the timing of these news releases?

At least we are rebounding now.
    09-18-13 01:26 PM
    BlackBerry Given Market Perform Rating at Wells Fargo & Co. (BBRY)

Posted by Stuart Ham on Sep 18th, 2013 // No Comments

BlackBerry logoBlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)‘s stock had its “market perform” rating restated by research analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. in a report released on Wednesday, StockRatingsNetwork.com reports.

The analysts wrote, “BBRY’s new Z30 device features a 5-inch screen and robust processing capabilities and has been dubbed the company’s first ‘phablet.’ It will be the first device to run the BB10.2 OS and is expected to have a strong set of productivity options for corporate customers. While the Z30 should be incremental from a unit sell-in perspective, success will be dependent on carrier availability, pricing and consumer adoption, in our view. The device is expected to hit shelves as early as next week in the UK and Middle East and in time for the holidays in other locations. We would also note that marketing will be an important element to raise the awareness of the launch. While the Z30 helps to bring the focus back to the fundamental business, we believe investors’ attention is focused on a potential take-out. Barring this, we maintain our view that BBRY could be profitable if it scales back to become a more focused and smaller company.”
    09-18-13 01:28 PM
    That BBM twitter's only tweet is "BBM is here". Are they from the future because I'm pretty sure the press release says the 21st/22nd.

Edit: Never mind, I'm a twitter newb
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-18-13 01:29 PM
    Yep.... up huge after the news of no change.
    Just sold!
    Now I'm with you....waiting.....
    09-18-13 01:30 PM

Lol soon as BBM news was sent out this dropped, most media will pick this up more so than BBM being released. It was about to be a decent day for BlackBerry, z30 and BBM announcement. Ah well.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-13 01:31 PM

remember the old trick on blackberry stock? Large dump, followed by a BS negative news? although, it hasn't been used for 4 weeks now.
    09-18-13 01:32 PM
    Lol soon as BBM news was sent out this dropped, most media will pick this up more so than BBM being released. It was about to be a decent day for BlackBerry, z30 and BBM announcement. Ah well.

Posted via CB10
    Far from a conspiracy theorist, just the timing in funny.

3 positive news events damped by a huge one from WSJ.
    sidhuk, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-13 01:33 PM
    remember the old trick on blackberry stock? Large dump, followed by a BS negative news? although, it hasn't been used for 4 weeks now.
    Latest news from Faucette is that his channel checks are telling him that more like 110% of employees will be let go by yearend. Ouch
    09-18-13 01:34 PM
    BlackBerry Given Market Perform Rating at Wells Fargo & Co. (BBRY)

Posted by Stuart Ham on Sep 18th, 2013 // No Comments

BlackBerry logoBlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)�s stock had its �market perform� rating restated by research analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. in a report released on Wednesday, StockRatingsNetwork.com reports.

While the Z30 helps to bring the focus back to the fundamental business, we believe investors� attention is focused on a potential take-out. Barring this, we maintain our view that BBRY could be profitable if it scales back to become a more focused and smaller company.
    Sorry to make the font so big and red but isnt it funny how media can disregard the reasons behind the layoff and spin the negative instead of explaing why BBRY might be doing that.

#Bullish and the more i see this, the more I'm planning to hold through the ER. again this is just me though!
    09-18-13 01:35 PM
    Latest news from Faucette is that his channel checks are telling him that more like 110% of employees will be let go by yearend. Ouch
    First thing that comes to my mind is, we can't teach old dog new tricks.!
    09-18-13 01:36 PM
    "Organizational moves will continue to occur to ensure we have the right people in the right roles to drive new opportunities in mobile computing," a BlackBerry spokesman said.
    I do not see any negatives in above statement from blackberry. if anything, I see it as a positive note.
    09-18-13 01:40 PM
    Just sold!
    Now I'm with you....waiting.....
    haha.. I got in so no more waiting for me except to wait for the top of this next cycle.
    09-18-13 01:41 PM
    GREEN GREEN GREEN...YAHH *****!! lol

Sorry.
    Superfly_FR, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-13 01:43 PM
    Back to green now. Hahahahahaha what a joke, WSJ emptied some people's pockets in a flash trick.
    09-18-13 01:44 PM
    Anyone know how many people BBRY employed in hardware?
    sparkaction likes this.
    09-18-13 01:44 PM
    Not sure but I can tell you that a lot of the positions in Waterloo manufacturing are filled by temps.
    jxnb likes this.
    09-18-13 01:47 PM
    40 % of all employees are in hardware.
    (just kidding)

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    09-18-13 01:47 PM
    Strange things are happening. BlackBerry perma bear 'The Street' came out with an article this morning that didn't tear into the Z30. In fact they were almost positive in their reporting. Now they have published an article that doesn't scream 'BBRY is dead, put a fork in it.' This is all very unnerving.

Can New Products Help BlackBerry Move Higher?

With this conclusion -

BlackBerry provides innovative wireless communication products to consumers and companies worldwide. The company is rolling out new products despite the uncertainty of recent releases. The stock has not done very well as of late and is currently trading sideways as it attempts to establish value. Over the last four quarters, investors have not been pleased, as earnings and revenues have mostly been decreasing. Relative to its peers and sector, BlackBerry has been a weak year-to-date performer. WAIT AND SEE what BlackBerry does this coming quarter.
    09-18-13 01:51 PM
    What a freakin run IMG is having. Hello profit!!!!
    09-18-13 01:55 PM
    And good job in getting in at a fantastic price. I thought it was going to go lower but yesterday through a wrench in that one. Oh well. Still got in and ready for the cycle up.
    09-18-13 02:11 PM
    I'm spreading the word around on BBM and I'm getting positive feedback from my friends excited to check it out. Hopefully the user experience is just the same.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    09-18-13 02:12 PM
    Do you have an exit price marked for this cycle?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 02:16 PM
    These are the kinds of stories that management need to snuff out ASAP!

When the rumor mill fired up that BBM was going exclusive on Samsung's devices, there was a pretty swift response clarifying.

A 40% headcount rumor is serious and I hope TH & co. are preparing a strongly worded release for tonight, not tomm... these guys all have Twitter, they see the news.

I know many have complained about the slanted nature of reporting and seeing the launch of the Z30 get slammed with employee layoffs (assuming its false) is downright deplorable.

Hopefully BBRY gets its house in order and get back to the business of making money without the harsh glare of the breathless reporting and almost instantaneous copy/paste without verifying the details themselves.

It�s like HS bullying where no matter what you say or do, the tide is so against you that it causes some people to crumble, or worse...

It�s this mob mentality that lead Reddit users to initially identify the wrong suspects... this sh@t has got to stop.

I thought reading Lord of the Flies in Middle School was suppose to teach us something...
    09-18-13 02:20 PM
113,256 ... 19431944194519461947 ...