View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    First off, I might have to go buy another phone, that battery life and sound system are great! Z30 is now a competitor to all other phones.

Here is the updated chart for BBRY:

Attachment 203051

Pretty straight forward, we broke above the 20-ema yesterday and today we look to be adding to that. We need to get out of this sidways range of $ 10.20 to $ 11.00/shr. We are likely to rally to the top of the pennant soon and then setup for Q2. Nothing exciting here, but the news was good. I wanted the Z30, I wanted to see BBM-X and I wanted BB 10.2 and got two out of three. That's okay.

Chart for IMG.TO or IAG (US):

Attachment 203053

The stock is getting ready to rally here simply because Spot Gold is outside of the Bollinger Bands and near RSI = 37. When gold starts to bottom out, the stock will anticipate this and begin to rally. It stands right at the 50-dma today and shouldn't take much to rally from here if gold can firm at all. This stock is for trading purposes only!!!

My other stocks are screaming ahead, HALO, ACAD and a new one, PSDV are all in 52 week rally mode, nice to have some winners while we wait for BBRY! GL
    MORGAN!

The last time I will doubt you is when I asked if it might be better to short apple after the initial sales rush of the iSheep.

The big decision for me as I have been holding 100% all in on BBRY for about 6 months even after the dip from 15 to 8....is what to do for earnings.

I have about 25% in Jan $8 strike calls, and 75% common.

What I think I want to do is not miss out on any 'big' news ie buy offer, but I am really not wanting to hold for the ER. I am thinking of selling at 3:55PM on the 26th, and buying at the open on the 27th after the PM.

I would think there is nothing on the conference call that would talk to offers on the table to buy them....or would they talk about anything like that? I see better than expected earnings popping the stock 5%, and bad earnings dropping the stock 20% (say 11 down to low 9s).

Not sure if you are still holding any BBRY calls, or back to all common.

What are you thoughts on how this could play out for the ER?
    Reed Richards and JLagoon like this.
    09-18-13 11:43 AM
    MORGAN!

The last time I will doubt you is when I asked if it might be better to short apple after the initial sales rush of the iSheep.

The big decision for me as I have been holding 100% all in on BBRY for about 6 months even after the dip from 15 to 8....is what to do for earnings.

What I think I want to do is not miss out on any 'big' news ie buy offer, but I am really not wanting to hold for the ER. I am thinking of selling at 3:55PM on the 26th, and buying at the open on the 27th after the PM.

I would think there is nothing on the conference call that would talk to offers on the table to buy them....or would they talk about anything like that? I see better than expected earnings popping the stock 5%, and bad earnings dropping the stock 20% (say 11 down to low 9s).

Morgan will be able to give you a proper answer. I only want to answer your question with a question and one hopefully Morgan can reply to.......what if they beat earnings estimates?
    09-18-13 11:53 AM
    Why BlackBerry Is Big on Malaysia
    The reason for planting its flag there? Malaysia has a 137% mobile penetration rate. That is equivalent to one individual owning 1.3 phones in a country of 28 million people.

And BlackBerry is keen to keep its fans in Southeast Asia happy. BlackBerry�s market share was long overtaken by Android and AppleAAPL +1.51% in the U.S., but in Southeast Asia, it still enjoys its greatest smartphone market presence.

In Indonesia, BlackBerry still occupies the No. 1 position, and is ranked as the No. 3 supplier in Malaysia, after Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co., according to IDC data.

Malaysia�s smartphone demand and mobile penetration rate has surged since the beginning of the year, owing to a government initiative called Youth Communication Package, that is aimed at lifting mobile phone usage among young Malaysians. Under the program, a 200 ringgit ($62) cash rebate is offered for the purchase of a smartphone for Malaysians aged between 21 and 30, and are earning below 3,000 ringgit ($929) a month.

Thanks to this program, smartphone shipments accounted for nearly 50% of total mobile phone shipments in the first six months this year.

Ease of shipping BlackBerry devices to Malaysia was another important factor too, he said.

Why BlackBerry Is Big on Malaysia With the Z30 Smartphone - Digits - WSJ
    09-18-13 11:58 AM
    MORGAN!

spiller!!

This is a common problem and theme on this thread, what to expect from the ER and Heins after the numbers come out. I hold a big block of stock and the only trade that I have in mind is to possibly buy the Sept 27th expiry $ 10.00/10.50 Puts on Sept 26th in the final hour of trade. I can't justify buying enough Puts to cover my block of the stock, it would cost me a fortune! So I'll have a look at the Put option prices when that time of day comes around and decide then. I own my stock so the price isn't the problem here. We might see some interesting numbers coming out of the BBM-X launch over the next few days. Heins will be asked about how things are progressing with suitors for BlackBerry, if he hints that they are looking at several proposals, the stock will really pop. If he says they are nearing a point where a decision will need to be made and a vote is likely, the stock with fly. There is a great deal that he can talk about that will get some speculation going. I personally don't think the Q2 numbers mean anything. It's all about partnerships and interest in the company that will drive the stock. I won't sell a single share, that's a given. That's why I own so many different plays that are doing extremely well, so I don't have to watch this one every day. I'm looking for BBRY to trade sideways to slightly higher in the days ahead and any hit of good news on the stock/company will send it much higher. I don't want to miss that.

As for Apple, the stock bounced back to its 50-dma and got wacked in the head. So much for that rally. Let me know what you decide to do, I'll do the same. GL
    jxnb, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 10 others like this.
    09-18-13 12:09 PM
    Morgan will be able to give you a proper answer. I only want to answer your question with a question and one hopefully Morgan can reply to.......what if they beat earnings estimates?
    ibpluto!!

Now that would change everything! Suppose Heins goes one further and says that Q3 will be profitable, now that would shock the bearish world and value the company much higher. I see BBM-X and talk about suitors driving the stock up and the icing would definitely be a beat or profit for Q2. If the cash on hand is down less than $ 100 million, you have another bomb as well as some numbers on the uptake on BES10.1, subs could be flat to up (he justs has to state that they didn't change much) there are just too many possible positives here not to be in the stock on Friday morning. Investors say they want to sell and buy it back after the news, that could be $ 2.00/shr higher here. Just my personal views here, do what you have to so you can sleep nights!
    09-18-13 12:20 PM
    lol yes indeed more then 10 and i know you can work numbers into anything well that what i hear from the Chinese gov. What ever the real gain is , i just wanted to make it a known fact that statcounter didnt show any gain.
    I think it actually explains a lot. The 300% increase was obviously in BB7 handsets (the cheap kind for a developing market).

That means the data was proxied. Statcounter assigned that proxied data to Canada first, causing that big 20% spike, and then for sone unfathomable reason moved that data to USA, where its causing a 4% spike. But it in fact belongs to Malaysia all along, which is why Statcounter is not showing it there.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-statcounter.jpg

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-18-13 12:21 PM
    I think it actually explains a lot. The 300% increase was obviously in BB7 handsets (the cheap kind for a developing market).

That means the data was proxied. Statcounter assigned that proxied data to Canada first, causing that big 20% spike, and then for sone unfathomable reason moved that data to USA, where its causing a 4% spike. But it in fact belongs to Malaysia all along, which is why Statcounter is not showing it there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	statcounter.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	203107

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    If the theory is true, increasing BB traffic in general isnt a bad thing. Granted it might not be BB10 but maintaining or increasing subscriber counts isnt a bad thing either although they wont be reporting subscribers number going forward.
    09-18-13 12:48 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	statcounter.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	203107

Seems like a scam
    09-18-13 12:57 PM
    WTF happened.

BREAKING: BlackBerry could cut up to 40% of its staff by year end - DJ • $BBRY

For anyone who has a subscription.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...j_nview_latest
    09-18-13 12:57 PM
    M8, I couldn't help but to add a few more Dec 21 calls 10 Strikes. Premium is a little on the high side but might well worth the costs
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-18-13 01:00 PM
    BlackBerry to Slash Its Workforce by Up to 40%

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...005557232.html
    09-18-13 01:00 PM
    Also no tapering by the Feds.
    09-18-13 01:02 PM
    LoL. Blackberry "could" cut 57.35% of work force after it release xBBM. The negative BS is just hilarious. This is the best they could come up to tame Z30 release. Waiting to see what negative they have lined up for xBBM?
    09-18-13 01:03 PM
    Anybody has an eye on the gold price chart right now?
    09-18-13 01:03 PM
    Can someone copy/paste here?

BlackBerry to Slash Its Workforce by Up to 40%

BlackBerry to Slash Its Workforce by Up to 40% - WSJ.com
    09-18-13 01:04 PM
    WTF happened.

BREAKING: BlackBerry could cut up to 40% of its staff by year end - DJ • $BBRY

I just saw that but couldnt help but to think that it is more and more obvious that BBRY will be a software player. Sucks for the employees for sure as I have gone through a few scenario where I had to let my staffs go due to downsizing or offshoring of the work. However, I'm certain these bright BBRY employees do just fine given their many talents. Transition is always painful and I dont like to see anyone get laid off or let go due to ever changing business. As a whole though, the message seems more and more clear that BBRY is trimming itself down as they get ready to get move out of the hardware business and focus on software. again this is just my guess and try to see things outside of the box.
    fedakd likes this.
    09-18-13 01:04 PM
    Of course everything shot up on the no tapering news except BBRY. Such timing.
    09-18-13 01:05 PM
    WTF happened.

BREAKING: BlackBerry could cut up to 40% of its staff by year end - DJ � $BBRY

TORONTO�BlackBerry Ltd. BB.T -0.41%is preparing to make deep staff cuts by the end of the year via layoffs that could cost up to 40% of its employees their jobs, people familiar with the matter said.

The layoffs will cut across all departments and will occur in waves, likely affecting several thousand employees, the people said. They come as the once dominant smartphone maker looks for ways to get a handle on costs and shrink its operations to better fit a world in which competitors like Apple Inc. AAPL +2.01%and Samsung Electronics Co. 005930.SE -2.74%have eaten deeply into its market share.

"Organizational moves will continue to occur to ensure we have the right people in the right roles to drive new opportunities in mobile computing," a BlackBerry spokesman said. The spokesman declined to comment on the 40% figure.

BlackBerry had 12,700 employees as of this March, the last time it disclosed a total number.
    09-18-13 01:06 PM
    09-18-13 01:06 PM
    Anybody has an eye on the gold price chart right now?
    Yep.... up huge after the news of no change.
    abouthsu likes this.
    09-18-13 01:12 PM
    Yep.... up huge after the news of no change.
    Knee jerk reaction def imo. Same with dollar.
    slipstream89 likes this.
    09-18-13 01:13 PM
    Now BBM news official. Stupid to be available on the weekend.
    Maybe...but it gives people plenty of time to mess about with their phone. Also allows for a 5/6 day run up to earnings.
    09-18-13 01:14 PM
    Maybe...but it gives people plenty of time to mess about with their phone. Also allows for a 5/6 day run up to earnings.
    I just sent bbm download schedule to 40 some contacts.
    09-18-13 01:19 PM
    Knee jerk reaction def imo. Same with dollar.
    Well gold was just waiting for something to happen. It was ready to go up anyway after hitting below 1300 this morning. It was either up or down depending on the news. Somewhat like the last BB ER.
    09-18-13 01:19 PM
    I just sent bbm download schedule to 40 some contacts.
    I just did the same, but I don't have 40 friends
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    09-18-13 01:20 PM
113,251 ... 19421943194419451946 ...