• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There's an app for that.

Syrian Rebels Aim Mortars With The Help Of iPads

Huffington Post

September-17-13 6:25 PM GMT

If there was ever a time that the mind-numbing cliche "there's an app for that" was really apt, this may just be it.

Mohamed Abdellah of Reuters took an incredible photo of Free Syrian Army rebels on Sunday as they used an iPad to guide mortar fire in the country's brutal civil war outside of Damascus.

Check out the photo below:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ipad-mortar-app.jpg

Speculation around the photo has suggested that the rebels are using an iPad app such as iHandy Level Free to aim the mortars in the absence of sights.

"It is something they have been using for a while," Eliot Higgins, a British-based weapons analyst, told the Times of London. "Some are also using smart phones. It's quite common."

Though civilians may be surprised to see a tablet used in the context of war, Apple anticipated it. The licensing agreement all iTunes users sign reads: "You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."
    I just can't stop laughing.
    09-17-13 05:42 PM
    Wtf?!? Lol.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-17-13 05:46 PM
    Screens don't stick together.
    No but the keyboard sure does

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-17-13 05:48 PM
    Cg
    Would you please put me at 9m BB10!!!
    The previous high bidder, Shanerredflag, was admittedly drunk when he made his 7.5 million guess. Are there any mitigating circumstances for your 9 million guess?
    09-17-13 05:51 PM
    So I just heard on the news that The Amazing Race Canada was the most watched series in Canada. Good for BlackBerry to get behind that one as they were sponsoring it with devices, draws on the shows website, and a good amount of commercials during the episodes. I hope it was worth it and pays off in device sales.
    09-17-13 06:02 PM
    Watching Lang and O'Leary exchange and they're talking about IBM spending $1B to promote Linux in enterprise, specifically server management.

Why not just buy BlackBerry and QNX?

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    09-17-13 06:09 PM
    Watching Lang and O'Leary exchange and they're talking about IBM spending $1B to promote Linux in enterprise, specifically server management.

Why not just buy BlackBerry and QNX?

Posted via CB10
    Because that's what they've been spending years and billions cultivating I guess. We need to remember that QNX isn't the only solution out there.
    09-17-13 06:14 PM
    Well, I have a feeling that IMG will have a run tomorrow, if not in price, then definitely in volume. BNN has made it one of their "pics" and I've noticed a definite uptick in good stocks when they do so. Damn.... I was hoping for a correction and a lower price.
    09-17-13 06:33 PM
    Bbry dead according to the world. Yet there are no linked in bears? Anyone that is bored should go look at it. Just look at the financial a while thinking $30b market cap.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    09-17-13 06:47 PM
    9/17/2013; 19 million in volume; closed at $10.56.

Bullish interpretation:
    - Reversal is confirmed with the close at $10.56 with volume. $10.20 showed good support yesterday. This looks ready to complete its fifth line in the pennant.
    - MACD, RSI, stoch. RSI, and candle pattern all show a buy signal on the daily chart. Let's see, how 9/18 event will move this SP.

Bearish interpretation:
    - If there is any drop for whatever reason, then the support prices are: $10.35 - $10.38.
    - MACD and stoch. RSI on the 30 minute chart need to complete a down cycle. I estimate $10.40 area for the drop, then bounce.

--
    A close above $10.80 or $11 would be great for continuation tomorrow, if the 9/18 event doesn't move the SP. If it moves it, then let's see.
    30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-17-7.55.29-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-17-7.56.33-pm.jpg
    09-17-13 07:10 PM
    Yah im just a little curious why IMG didnt go down with gold recently? I havn't been able to find any reports after they announced suspension of the Mali mine. Can anyone shed a bit of light on this? *looks at morgan* hehe

Well, I have a feeling that IMG will have a run tomorrow, if not in price, then definitely in volume. BNN has made it one of their "pics" and I've noticed a definite uptick in good stocks when they do so. Damn.... I was hoping for a correction and a lower price.
    09-17-13 07:11 PM
    Yah im just a little curious why IMG didnt go down with gold recently? I havn't been able to find any reports after they announced suspension of the Mali mine. Can anyone shed a bit of light on this? *looks at morgan* hehe
    I'm curious about that too. I thought IMG would move or mimicking GOLD price movement and GOLD seems to descending?
    09-17-13 07:17 PM
    A side topic to see what you all think.

The bubble TSLA created, I think. With other car manufacturers slowly putting more focus on electric vehicles, wouldn't shorting TLSA make sense. Question is when.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/17/auto...sla/index.html
    lcjr likes this.
    09-17-13 07:37 PM
    Malaysia is 12 hours ahead of EST, so it will be 3AM here when the event happens. Let's hope we wake up to some good news.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and BrandonPBaby like this.
    09-17-13 07:40 PM
    A side topic to see what you all think.

The bubble TSLA created, I think. With other car manufacturers slowly putting more focus on electric vehicles, wouldn't shorting TLSA make sense. Question is when.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/17/auto...sla/index.html
    I remember Musk coming out saying that the company stock is too high or something of that nature, but took the SP as a vote of confidence from investors that the company will deliver.

Personally I'm a fan of Tesla and Musk and I regret not getting into the company earlier as a I had money tied up here, but I think the SP is too high.

Posted via CB10
    abouthsu and ibpluto like this.
    09-17-13 07:46 PM
    Jump into some other auto companies, i've been trading ford still for awhile now

I remember Musk coming out saying that the company stock is too high or something of that nature, but took the SP as a vote of confidence from investors that the company will deliver.

Personally I'm a fan of Tesla and Musk and I regret not getting into the company earlier as a I had money tied up here, but I think the SP is too high.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes I have to admit I have a man crush on Musk. He is doing what I want to do - rockets, electric cars, solar panels. Its kind of silly really. Back in November 2012 I was wrestling with buying Blackberry or Tesla. I regret that decision big time. That taught me not to have all my eggs in one basket. I recently bought into Solar City as I think it has a lot of room to grow in the next year. The solar market is on a steep growth curve right now and for the foreseeable future.
    Bugmapper and BrandonPBaby like this.
    09-17-13 08:20 PM
    Z30 unveiling tomorrow?

TheStar
    09-17-13 08:50 PM
    Five of us needed to sign off on NDA's for a project today. NDA was emailed out, the two gents said they will have them back as soon as they get back to their PCs.

I opened Adobe on my Z10, filled in the texts boxes, inserted digital signature. Reply all, "Here you go, looking forward to working with you on this project. "

Sent from my BlackBerry 10.

Haha. Priceless.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 08:56 PM
    To be fair, I would imagine they can do this somehow on their iphones but they didn't and still don't think they can.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    09-17-13 08:58 PM
    Z30 unveiling tomorrow?

TheStar
    I think BBM is a lot more likely due to the secret event having the slogan "to find out how to make every conversation feel like you're there..." Also, I'm not sure Malaysia fits into the target region for the Z30, this might be off base, but it's an assumption I'm making.

I am PRAYING that the OS7 phone isn't what this is all about. That would really really disappoint me as a shareholder.

For what it's worth, there's a crazy rumor going around that the entire Mayasian govt is adopting BB10 and BES10. I guess they have 1.4M gov't employees so it could probably be upwards of 100k devices. I think it's just made up, but that would make me extremely happy and could easily redirect negative numbers in the ER.
    fedakd, jxnb and sidhuk like this.
    09-17-13 09:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I saw their car when I was in Oregon a few weeks ago and I must admit they done a great job. I wanna get one myself. But I do think the SP is on the high side.
    09-17-13 09:05 PM
    If they are not going to switch for a potentially incrementally better product, then please explain new iPhone sales to me, lol.

Posted via CB10
    It's an iThing EVERYONE already knows it's awesome. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 09:42 PM
    09-17-13 10:37 PM
    I saw their car when I was in Oregon a few weeks ago and I must admit they done a great job. I wanna get one myself. But I do think the SP is on the high side.
    I would be willing to bet that they split sometime in the near future. They are doing awesome, but like I mentioned before their squeeze, this electric car business is just now starting. They also need another big partner to get them to the next level. I'm telling you guys again, pick an electric car or motorcycle company and buy in. You're watching history unfold right before your eyes.
    09-17-13 10:40 PM
113,256 ... 19361937193819391940 ...