702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wait a minute!! I thought the prize was a new special eddition Z10?!? lol
    Z30LE fer sure. :-)
    lcjr, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-17-13 03:54 PM
    Wait a minute!! I thought the prize was a new special eddition Z10?!? lol
    For you, a gold Z30 and a camo rubber cover with two holes in it.
    09-17-13 03:55 PM
    It's called the DP Pro series and the standard colours are pink, red, and brown with a few special edition ones for those who like a collage or camo.
    plasmid_boy, lcjr, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-17-13 03:58 PM
    Bingo! :thumbup::-)
    plasmid_boy, lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    09-17-13 04:04 PM
    It's called the DP Pro series and the standard colours are pink, red, and brown with a few special edition ones for those who like a collage or camo.
    No, not DP! The smaller hole is for the camera...
    But I guess if you enlarge it a bit, you can turn it into a flashlight. LOL
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-17-13 04:11 PM
    No, not DP! The smaller hole is for the camera...
    But I guess if you enlarge it a bit, you can turn it into a flashlight. LOL
    It is made of a stretchy material so as long as it starts off slow, it can expand just fine to house that "camera". lmao
    lcjr, plasmid_boy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    09-17-13 04:20 PM
    Question: If this new phone has a refreshed BlackBerry� 7 OS version 7.1, will my 9930 get an update to this?

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/09...th-new-device/
    09-17-13 04:20 PM
    OMFG, CJ is already in the sauce!
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    09-17-13 04:21 PM
    For those that haven't tried Evernote, I highly recommend it. Now it's available for you guys.

Evernote releases native app for BlackBerry 10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-17-13 04:24 PM
    OMFG, CJ is already in the sauce!
    haha.. nope.. believe it or not, it comes naturally lol
    lcjr, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-17-13 04:25 PM
    I won't be around the rest of the evening, but just wanted to say I've had some interesting conversations with Apple product users recently. I've been assuming that iPhone users are very unlikely to switch to a different phone, because they often use iTunes and other Apple products. I've started to question that for the following reasons (all of which are anecdotal).

- Two users I talked to are upset that new iPhones use the Lightning connector, which is a) proprietary and b) requires adapters to work with older accessories. They were like, "if you're going to switch, go to micro-USB". They lamented that they would have to buy overly expensive adapters or new accessories. The looks on their faces were like, "yeah, tech changes, but would you believe they came up with *another* expensive connector?"

One other observation? They liked the Z10 well enough, but more than being impressed with BB10, they were simply envious that BlackBerries and Droids had bigger screens.

- Similarly, an iPad user loved his iPad, but commented that it was unwieldy to carry the Lightning connector and a micro-USB for the Zagg keyboard accessory.

- Lastly, I showed the Z10 to an early 20's woman who was very impressed by the flow of BB10. She doubts she'll switch, due to being all Apple, but she commented how clunky opening Apps, switching between them, and closing them is on the iPhone.

So, all anecdotal, and no one has switched from an iPhone yet, but I was surprised to hear iPhone users starting to lament being behind the curve on a few things, and feeling like they were being shaken down monetarily.
    Last edited by Reed Richards; 09-17-13 at 04:59 PM.
    cjcampbell, lcjr, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    09-17-13 04:39 PM
    I won't be around the rest of the evening, but just wanted to say I've had some interesting conversations with Apple product users recently. I've been assuming that iPhone users are very unlikely to switch to a different phone, because they often use iTunes and other Apple products. I've started to question that for the following reasons (all of which are anecdotal).

- Two users I talked to are upset that new iPhones use the Lightning connector, which is a) proprietary and b) requires adapters to work with older accessories. They were like, "if you're going to switch, go to micro-USB". They lamented that they would have to buy overly expensive adapters or new accessories. The looks are their faces were like, "yeah, tech changes, but would you believe they came up with *another* expensive connector?"

One other observation? They liked the Z10 well enough, but more than being impressed with BB10, they were simply envious that BlackBerries and Droids had bigger screens.

- Similarly, an iPad user loved his iPad, but commented that it was unwieldy to carry the Lightning connector and a micro-USB for the Zagg keyboard accessory.

- Lastly, I showed the Z10 to an early 20's woman who was very impressed by the flow of BB10. She doubts she'll switch, due to being all Apple, but she commented how clunky opening Apps, switching between them, and closing them is on the iPhone.

So, all anecdotal, and no one has switched from an iPhone yet, but I was surprised to hear iPhone users starting to lament being behind the curve on a few things, and feeling like they were being shaken down monetarily.
    This was an interesting comparison..

iPhone 5S vs BlackBerry Z10 smartphone comparison review - how does BlackBerry Z10 compare to latest iPhone? - PC Advisor
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    09-17-13 04:46 PM
    09-17-13 04:50 PM
    10 years ago I might have been a tad upset but now, the internet has crazier stuff and it's free
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-17-13 04:53 PM
    I have had similar experience as well. But some Droid and iOS users are very loyal though.
    Last night I had dinner with a colleague who came from Harvard to give a seminar. While we were waiting for our wine to come, I showed him my Z10. He was completely amazed. Periodically he said "stop, stop, go back to the previous feature, how did you do that". My keyboard is set English, French, and Chinese. I showed him how I easily composed an email that consisted of 3 different languages, he was amazed. Everyone at the table were iPhone users, except me (relatively, in my circle of university professors I am just a kid, everyone was older than me).
    morganplus8, lcjr, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    09-17-13 04:54 PM
    10 years ago I might have been a tad upset but now, the internet has crazier stuff and it's free
    I'll bet that's one reason the magazines are going under. Sad to see things go away that you practically grew up with. lol.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-17-13 04:59 PM
    I'll bet that's one reason the magazines are going under. Sad to see things go away that you practically grew up with. lol.
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about !

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-17-13 05:04 PM

Sure you don't !!
    09-17-13 05:04 PM

I can see the horns growing out from under your beret! Liar Liar Pants on fire! lol
    09-17-13 05:12 PM

it is from CJ, so i just pressed the like button. LoL
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    09-17-13 05:17 PM
    Well, time for me to duck out of the workplace and make my way to BEER-THIRTY! To bad it's not with my daughter who took her boyfriend to see the family in Germany and hit up Oktoberfest in Munich. OMG I miss that beer and fest food. Oh, and the atmosphere (no pics). lol.
    09-17-13 05:18 PM
    BlackBerry expected to make BBM announcement at Malaysia event

"Leaks over the summer suggest the Z30 will carry active-matrix organic light-emitting diode display technology, a dual-core processor with 2 gigabytes of memory and an eight-megapixel camera."
    09-17-13 05:25 PM
    I can see the horns growing out from under your beret! Liar Liar Pants on fire! lol
    First read I thought you said you saw the horns growing from under his pants...LOL
    Alright, its 6:30, I think that I will go home now. See you guys after kids are in bed.
    09-17-13 05:28 PM
    Screens don't stick together.
    Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    09-17-13 05:31 PM
    Well, time for me to duck out of the workplace and make my way to BEER-THIRTY! To bad it's not with my daughter who took her boyfriend to see the family in Germany and hit up Oktoberfest in Munich. OMG I miss that beer and fest food. Oh, and the atmosphere (no pics). lol.
    Come on. Show us some pics of the beer jugs.
    09-17-13 05:33 PM
113,256 ... 19351936193719381939 ...