View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    while things are quiet, more update #HALO. nice little pop and like M8 stated earlier that this baby might get busy in Oct! #AMD is trending up nicely for a pop. =)

Conference Call Transcripts
    #IMG going up nicely as well :-)
    09-17-13 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry Releases BlackBerry Enterprise IM v3.1 for OS 10.1+

BlackBerry Releases BlackBerry Enterprise IM v3.1 for OS 10.1+ - BerryReview
    09-17-13 11:45 AM
    #IMG going up nicely as well :-)
    haha.. yeah... and gold continues to drop. I'm wondering if its the news of the suspended mining activities in one of its mines. Seeing as they will be processing the current mined product into 2016, they can reap the profits of that without the costs of mining the site any further.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-17-13 11:47 AM
    will this work for the US? just hoping
    There seems to be a free app promotion for Canada. If you go to BB World, swipe down from the top, tap redeem and type in FALLAPPS, you'll get a list of some paid apps they are offering.
    09-17-13 11:51 AM
    will this work for the US? just hoping
    Nope.. not unless you all concede and join the force of the north
    bungaboy, Randeman, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-17-13 11:53 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot-4-.jpg

Here's one that I've brought up before and Morgan was kind enough to comment on. It seems that it has been trading in a fairly tight channel. It isn't a steep rise up but it's on an uptrend none the less. It's paying attention and trying to figure out these things that I find kind of fascinating. For this one, ZMS, I'd like to see it break out of the channel to the upside but it's also pushing on the upper Bollinger Band so it could be tough.
    09-17-13 12:09 PM
    If it's free the coming weekend I should be able to grab when I am on my VH (Waldron Island) where i can see Saturna Island CA.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=waldr...&ved=0CKkBELYD
    09-17-13 12:11 PM
    The penalties are a joke!

SEC charges 23 firms in short-sale crackdown, including Teachers

SARAH N. LYNCH
    WASHINGTON — Reuters
    Published Tuesday, Sep. 17 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
    Last updated Tuesday, Sep. 17 2013, 12:11 PM EDT

SEC charges 23 firms in short-sale crackdown, including Teachers - The Globe and Mail

Twenty-two investment firms will collectively pay more than $14.4-million (U.S.) in sanctions to settle civil charges in connection with a broad crackdown by federal regulators into illegal short-selling practices, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said on Tuesday.

The SEC said it had charged 23 firms for violating a rule that prohibits firms from shorting a stock within a five-day window of a public offering, and then buying the same security through the offering.

Only one of the 23 firms, G-2 Trading LLC, is fighting the charges through litigation.

The SEC also simultaneously issued a risk alert that seeks to highlight the enforcement cases as an example to warn the market against violating the short-selling restrictions, known as Rule 105 of Regulation M.

The prohibition against short-selling ahead of an offering and then buying the same stock in the offering is aimed at reducing the chances of market manipulation. The rule applies regardless of a trader’s intent.

The SEC said the firms charged all bought shares from an underwriter, broker or dealer participating in a follow-on offering after they had shorted the stock during the restricted period.

Among the 22 firms that are settling the SEC’s charges are D.E. Shaw & Co., Hudson Bay Capital Management, and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Fund Plan.

The other firms were as follows: Blackthorn Investment Group, Claritas Investments Ltd, Credentia Group, Deerfield Management Company, JGP Global Gestao de Recursos, M.S. Junior Swiss Capital Holdings and Michael A. Stango, Manikay Partners, Meru Capital Group, Merus Capital Partners, Pan Capital AB, PEAK6 Capital Management, Philadelphia Financial Management of San Francisco, Polo Capital International Gestao de Recursos, Soundpost Partners, Southpoint Capital Advisors, Talkot Capital, Vollero Beach Capital Partners, War Chest Capital Partners, and Western Standard.

All will pay a varying amount of fines, disgorgement and interest without admitting or denying the charges.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 09-17-13 at 12:27 PM.
    09-17-13 12:12 PM
    Yeah, hope but can't expect too much

I just watched the Apple event on Apple TV last week with my son (hoping that he could absorb some presentation skills), I have to say Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs. It was so boring... though I did like the chipset.
    My son (9 year old) is a huge Apple fan (he has MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, and few older G3,4,5. He has even already tested out Maverick, which he said was good), but after watching the Apple event he said "that was boring, they didn't need 1.5 hour for that!"
    Oracle has a staff futurist. Dude did a talk at java one/oracle develop. One of the smartest people I ever heard speak.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 12:13 PM
    Was following HALO. Wish I wasn't just following it haha
    09-17-13 12:13 PM
    while things are quiet, more update #HALO. nice little pop and like M8 stated earlier that this baby might get busy in Oct! #AMD is trending up nicely for a pop. =)

Conference Call Transcripts
    Some HALO news...

Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO): Bullish On Halozyme: Short-Term Catalysts And A Large Buy By A Jazz Pharma Director - Seeking Alpha
    abouthsu and cjcampbell like this.
    09-17-13 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the Chart CJ. Quick one if I may as I'm learning with the charts too.

so to confirm an valid support or resistance level, each of the line has to be connected with 3 or more points? am i on the right track?

one other thing is to find the proper MA interval, what are the considerations you use when finding the right MA measurements and intervals? I noticed some use SMA versus EMA and interval of 5, 20, 50, 200 etc

Thanks and hopefully my questions make sense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (4).jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	202772

Here's one that I've brought up before and Morgan was kind enough to comment on. It seems that it has been trading in a fairly tight channel. It isn't a steep rise up but it's on an uptrend none the less. It's paying attention and trying to figure out these things that I find kind of fascinating. For this one, ZMS, I'd like to see it break out of the channel to the upside but it's also pushing on the upper Bollinger Band so it could be tough.
    09-17-13 12:18 PM
    Its never too late the game. if only we have a crystal ball to show where this is going, you might look back and say this is cheap. Only my Opinion

If you scroll back a few pages, M8 did provide his analysis and chart as well.!! GL
    09-17-13 12:20 PM
    Wonder how BB sales are in Iran these days? LoL

Iran restores blocks on Facebook, Twitter

Associated Press

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:46 AM GMT

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — The joy of Iran's Facebook and Twitter fans was short-lived as authorities on Tuesday restored blocks on social networks after filters were lifted for several hours overnight.

The brief access was a "technical glitch" that was quickly rectified, according to communications official Abdolsamad Khoramabadi, from the board overseeing Internet in Iran.

But it could also point to increasing internal struggles between groups seeking to reopen Facebook and other social networking sites, and hard-liners in the Iranian establishment, who remain firmly in control of Internet access.

Many Facebook and Twitter followers in the capital, Tehran, and other Iranian cities assumed the surprise Internet freedoms late Monday were the result of policies by newly elected President Hasan Rouhani, who has pledged more outreach to the West and a new openness in Iran.

Scores of Facebook users posted notes of "Rouhani, Mochakerim," which is Farsi for "Thank you, Rouhani."

"God liberated Facebook," wrote Mohammad Reza on his Facebook, adding that it was his happiest time ever.

The postings quickly subdued when reality struck and the sites were no longer available on Tuesday morning, forcing Iranian Internet users to again have to go through proxy servers for access.

The semi-official Mehr news agency quoted Khoramabadi, the communications official, as saying that board members were unclear as to what had caused the "technical failure regarding some Internet service providers." He warned of unspecified measures if it turns out to have been an international move against Iran.

"We will take action if there was a human flaw," said Khoramabadi. "We are probing it."

Some Internet users raised other suspicions.

Amir Reza wrote on his page that the brief access was a trick by Iran's cyber police to trace Iranian users of Facebook.

Iran has blocked Facebook, Twitter and other social networks after they were widely used by opposition supporters during mass street protests following the disputed 2009 re-election of Rouhani's predecessor, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Several members of members of Rouhani's Cabinet now have their own Facebook pages but there are internal tensions among Iran's leadership over whether the Internet is ultimately a force to be expanded or best kept tightly controlled.

Disputes have even broken out — on Web-based Iranian news sites — over the authenticity of some of the Facebook pages linked to some ministers.
    Randeman, sidhuk and cjcampbell like this.
    09-17-13 12:20 PM
    BlackBerry Releases BlackBerry Enterprise IM v3.1 for OS 10.1+

BlackBerry Releases BlackBerry Enterprise IM v3.1 for OS 10.1+ - BerryReview
    BBM for enterprises ... remember "unique and secured anything communication tool, no email, no SMS ..." ?
    #IloveThat ! Thx for sharing
    09-17-13 12:21 PM
    I almost did it. Free health care, free apps, cheaper universities, great beer, cottages on the lake, but then when I found out that the Ontario Teachers Pension Fund just got busted for illegal short trading - I changed my mind.
    09-17-13 12:25 PM
    Imagine the possibilities . . . . .

Apple Claims "Plastic Perfected" With iPhone 5C

By Marcus YamSEPTEMBER 17, 2013 10:04 AM - Source: Tom's Hardware US

A better plastic than all the other plastics?

Apple is a master of showmanship. Often when unveiling new products, Apple will take an existing idea, adapt it, and then sing its merits like it's a whole new innovation. Now Apple is doing the same thing with the iPhone 5C with a video it calls "Plastic Perfected."

While we're quite satisfied with the level of fit and finish on the iPhone 5C, to say it's "plastic perfected" is a title we feel belongs to Nokia's flagship Lumia line.
    09-17-13 12:25 PM
    Moved out of BBRY at $10.25 and into halo at $9.10. So far, so good.
    09-17-13 12:27 PM
    Moved out of BBRY at $10.25 and into halo at $9.10. So far, so good.
    GL, #HALO 8% pop and rising so far.! I'm buying M8 a nice meal when this is all said and done. I bought a few calls, most of my funds still tied in #BB and #AMD at the moment. Lj, havent forgot about you either, nice pop in #AMD, you get a meal from me as well.
    fedakd and lcjr like this.
    09-17-13 12:37 PM
    Thanks for the Chart CJ. Quick one if I may as I'm learning with the charts too.

so to confirm an valid support or resistance level, each of the line has to be connected with 3 or more points? am i on the right track?

one other thing is to find the proper MA interval, what are the considerations you use when finding the right MA measurements and intervals? I noticed some use SMA versus EMA and interval of 5, 20, 50, 200 etc

Thanks and hopefully my questions make sense.
    I'm still very new and learning as I go. I play, see how it turns out, look back at what may have proven it right, or wrong, as both happen, then play some more. I'm not sure the minimum points that a trend line needs to pass through but the more the better I would assume. As for the ma's to pick, I believe, and don't quote me on this, that you need to look to see how each individual stock is reacting to what moving average. With the above, the 20-ema has provided support since late July. With BBRY, the 7-ema was acting as resistance during the final week of the fall following the ER while the 20 was nowhere in sight. Each situation requires one to look to see how each reacts. No one stop shop for those.

Again, I am just learning this stuff but the more I play, the more I grasp the concepts. Now I'm starting to look at the Fibonacci retracements to see how, when, and where I can apply another tool to help in my quest
    abouthsu likes this.
    09-17-13 12:41 PM
    Good for you!! your picking this up way better than I am.!! I'm scratching my head when trying to find which MA react the best. Hopefully my stupid brain will start working a little better soon!!
    09-17-13 12:46 PM
    GL, #HALO 8% pop and rising so far.! I'm buying M8 a nice meal when this is all said and done. I bought a few calls, most of my funds still tied in #BB and #AMD at the moment. Lj, havent forgot about you either, nice pop in #AMD, you get a meal from me as well.
    Unfortunately, I'm still trying to do Diligence. Anyone have her phone number?

Actually, all my millions are currently tied up in BlackBerry.

Edit: I meant tens of millions
    09-17-13 12:49 PM
    I find this comment completely unbelievable! To suggest the media 'hates' on something is beyond belief.

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If you take a step back and consider what has happened in tech over the last several weeks, it's difficult to deny that there's a hate campaign, even if exists in some collective subconscious, against Apple.....

This media hysteria we're seeing results from laziness, unoriginality, group psychology, jealously, a toxic Wall Street environment that few are willing to challenge and spoiled brat syndrome.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 09-17-13 at 01:59 PM.
    zyben, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    09-17-13 12:50 PM
    I find this comment completely unbelievable! To suggest the media 'hates' on something is beyond belief.

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If you take a step back and consider what has happened in tech over the last several weeks, it's difficult to deny that there's a hate campaign, even if exists in some collective subconscious, against Apple.....

This media hysteria we're seeing results from laziness, unoriginality, group psychology, jealously, a toxic Wall Street environment that few are willing to challenge and spoiled brat syndrome.

The Media Is Lying to You About Apple - TheStreet
    Haha.. where have his thoughts on "hate campaigns" been regarding BBRY? lol
    09-17-13 12:54 PM
    The Media Is Lying to You About Apple - TheStreet
    And TheStreet is lying to you about everything, including about Apple.
    09-17-13 12:56 PM
113,256 ... 19321933193419351936 ...