View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Didn't someone really smart suggest Sammy would be silly not to at least partake in the auction? M8 maybe, pretty sure it was him...me thinks this may be the start of that process. I'm hopeful they will not just kill our BB10 OS....that would not be a win regardless of money gained.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag!!!

This is hopefully the first of several deals made by the two companies. Samsung needs to license BlackBerry Patents, BlackBerry needs Samsung to build high-end phones for them at a very competitive cost, and both of them need to deal with Google and Android taking over the world. Samsung has Tizen, not complete, unproven ...... and BlackBerry has a state-of-the-art, proven OS in BB 10.2. The story of a cross-partnership with Samsung makes too much sense. Think of where BBM-X could grow to, think about completing a secure mobile agreement for DoD etc., that competes directly against Apple, think about the synergies of these two companies. We want BlackBerry to live on, they would have a big brother in Samsung to go head to head with Apple, forget about third place. It makes too much sense, give BlackBerry $ 4.0 Billion in cash and partner up and you have a stock trading in the mid-twenties overnight.

PS. My AAPL short is a seasonal thing now, $ 400 here we come! Thank you Carl, love that you are willing to share your wealth with us little people. That guy is crazy!
    09-16-13 06:18 PM
    This is what BlackBerry has to say regarding BBM....

"UPDATE* - We reached out to BlackBerry for comments and here's what they had to say: "The excitement around the upcomingBBMlaunch on iPhone and Android devices seems to know no bounds. Although I?m a big fan of this passion, I want to clarify that no one will have an exclusive on offeringBBM. We?ll be bringing the app to Android and iPhone users across the globe soon." -BBMCommunications Director at BlackBerry, Victoria Berry."
    Is the BBM Communications Director at Blackberry really named Victoria Berry? Serious question.

Edit: via linkedin, it appears Victoria Berry does work for Blackberry. I wonder what her counterpart Michelle Apple has to say: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/berryvic
    morganplus8, zyben, dusdal and 5 others like this.
    09-16-13 06:19 PM
    *posted before seeing the response from BBRY Comm*

Any exclusivity w/ Shamesung will only bit BBRY in the rear.

Samesung is in the business of taking what you have, supporting it for a while, then suddenly offering an identical (enough) product. In my book, this only makes sense if Samsung buys all of BBRY otherwise raw deal. I also don't buy the argument that Samesung would pay for exclusivity... they own the Android market! BBRY going cross platform means Shamesung reaps the benefits anyway by being the most dominant player... why would you paying to keep that throne?

People talk up Samsung's advertising which I agree is strong, but remember those ads relate to products that they make, not 3rd party add ons.

Also, i'm not sure how BBRY plans to keep this under wraps; w/ Facebook Home, that stayed exclusive for about 2hrs...
    09-16-13 06:22 PM
    Is the BBM Communications Director at Blackberry really named Victoria Berry? Serious question.
    Yep, I've seen her on twitter.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:24 PM
    Shanerredflag!!!

This is hopefully the first of several deals made by the two companies. Samsung needs to license BlackBerry Patents, BlackBerry needs Samsung to build high-end phones for them at a very competitive cost, and both of them need to deal with Google and Android taking over the world. Samsung has Tizen, not complete, unproven ...... and BlackBerry has a state-of-the-art, proven OS in BB 10.2. The story of a cross-partnership with Samsung makes too much sense. Think of where BBM-X could grow to, think about completing a secure mobile agreement for DoD etc., that competes directly against Apple, think about the synergies of these two companies. We want BlackBerry to live on, they would have a big brother in Samsung to go head to head with Apple, forget about third place. It makes too much sense, give BlackBerry $ 4.0 Billion in cash and partner up and you have a stock trading in the mid-twenties overnight.

PS. My AAPL short is a seasonal thing now, $ 400 here we come! Thank you Carl, love that you are willing to share your wealth with us little people. That guy is crazy!
    totally, it makes too much sense. beside BBRY have to sleep and dance with someone eventually and since we all said it before that going private wouldnt be too good of a thing for SP. SO, if BBRY has to sleep with someone that is extremely good and have deep pocket along with capabilities of building the cheapest possible hardware, wouldnt you want that partner to be SAMSUNG anyway? Media and some of the trolls here kept on repeating DOA, if this would inject some life into BBRY, i see too much synergies to not want this to happen.

I couldnt have agree with m8 more on the android front. if SAMSUNG is smart, why the heck would want want to keep all their eggs in one basket? i know they are trying to build Tizen OS but seriously would anyone buy a SAMSUNG phone with Tizen OS? I recall some trolls here whining about lack of apps.

we are 1/4 away from our 100 party if this materialized.

PS, m8... please do share when you see an position to short APPL. I hated APPL since day one. dont get me wrong, i think the hardware is good and so is their OS but i just dont like APPL.
    09-16-13 06:32 PM
    Any exclusivity w/ Shamesung will only bit BBRY in the rear.

Samesung is in the business of taking what you have, supporting it for a while, then suddenly offering an identical (enough) product. In my book, this only makes sense if Samsung buys all of BBRY otherwise raw deal. I also don't buy the argument that Samesung would pay for exclusivity... they own the Android market! BBRY going cross platform means Shamesung reaps the benefits anyway by being the most dominant player... why would you paying to keep that throne?

People talk up Samsung's advertising which I agree is strong, but remember those ads relate to products that they make, not 3rd party add ons.

Also, i'm not sure how BBRY plans to keep this under wraps; w/ Facebook Home, that stayed exclusive for about 2hrs...
    Valid points, and thank you for your earlier post encouraging some insurance. It's all speculation but if BlackBerry's legal can protect them properly a time limited partnership with renewal clause would/could be our best case scenario me thinks. Exposure and our new OS in more hands...with Sammy's appliance, electronics and other manufacturing businesses BlackBerry's NOC would and could be monetized with M2M.
    Lots of possible positive outcomes for both sides...exciting to think of them all! Here's to hope!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:34 PM
    Exposure and our new OS in more hands...with Sammy's appliance, electronics and other manufacturing businesses BlackBerry's NOC would and could be monetized with M2M.
    Lots of possible positive outcomes for both sides...exciting to think of them all! Here's to hope!
    I have to agree the manu phone aspects of QNX partnered w/ Samsungs other manufacturing businesses could be interesting.

Hat tip to hope.
    Last edited by greyw0lf01; 09-16-13 at 07:37 PM.
    BrandonPBaby and fedakd like this.
    09-16-13 06:44 PM
    I have to agree the mon phone aspects of QNX partnered w/ Samsungs other manufacturing businesses could be interesting.

Hat tip to hope.
    Hope springs eternal lol.

It is easy to Monday morning quarterback some of this stuff but the reality is what we are seeing now is and was decided at least 12 - 18 month's ago. The real trick and the hardest aspect in any larger company is to sell change...change in mind set, change in how decisions are reached, change in how to move forward on those decisions.
    I'm Hopeful....very hopeful that BlackBerry is at a size and mind set now to react and capitalize on what we see as obvious paths to profit.
    Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:55 PM
    Hope springs eternal lol.

It is easy to Monday morning quarterback some of this stuff but the reality is what we are seeing now is and was decided at least 12 - 18 month's ago. The real trick and the hardest aspect in any larger company is to sell change...change in mind set, change in how decisions are reached, change in how to move forward on those decisions.
    I'm Hopeful....very hopeful that BlackBerry is at a size and mind set now to react and capitalize on what we see as obvious paths to profit.
    Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    Edit: the hardest decision has already been reached and decided on...the decision to admit you need help....the test will soon be judged on how they use that help....Im betting they do the right thing and all here make some money.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:59 PM
    Two stray comments after skimming the last dozen pages of posts:

1. "When will we see some adoption of BBM Channels?"... Umm, how about when it's a released product maybe? It's still a beta...

2. "Samsung exclusivity for BBM on Android would bad!"... Umm, why, given that most Android handsets sold are, as we keep hearing, sold by Samsung? Heck, I would have a hard time understanding why they'd even waste time arranging that, given how little effect it would have.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:05 PM
    9/16/2013; 14 million in volume; closed at $10.31.

Low volume today, and the SP created a long legged doji.

Bullish interpretation:
    - Candle of today is long legged doji. This is a reversal candle, and needs to be confirmed tomorrow. This could be the bottom of this drop. Closing above last Friday price puts the body of today candle within the body of last Friday candle--bullish harami.
    - Stoch. RSI is ripe for curving up on the daily chart, and its hidden bullish divergence has become more obvious.
    - MACD on the 30 minute chart has created three higher lows, and the SP has created three lower highs. This shows another bullish divergence.

Bearish interpretation:
    - A drop to $10 to $9.90 is still possible based on the black bottom uptrend trend line on the daily chart.
    - I think, the SP might drop to $10.20 or even more tomorrow, but will bounce fast.

--
    The pink lines on the hourly chart shows that the bottom slope has become less steeper. We have seen this pattern a few times in most drops since July. Closing around $10.50 would be a great confirmation tomorrow. There are only 8 more trading days, before September 27 ER.

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-16-7.39.24-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-16-7.39.52-pm.jpg
    09-16-13 07:07 PM
    Awesome work J-Lagoon... Just a question.

These TA terms, do you make them up...

Wedges, Cups, Doji, Hammer.... lol.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-16-13 07:32 PM

Also, J-Lagoon and M8, are there any books that you would both recommend to learn these concepts?
    09-16-13 07:34 PM

Terms were probably first used in Techincal Analysis of Stock Trends, 1st Edition
    09-16-13 07:49 PM
    Also, J-Lagoon and M8, are there any books that you would both recommend to learn these concepts?
    Techincal Analysis of Stock Trends, 9th Edition
    Technical Analysis, Kirkpatrick/Dahlquist

The Market Technicians Association has a full reading list (the above two are included & come highly recommend)
    09-16-13 07:53 PM
    Greywolf, curious as to your thoughts on future stock price...lets presume this scenario, Sammy buys hardware and pays license fees for patents. Disregard initial bump and look six months past news....what ya think.

Open for all thread readers, let's see your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-13 08:12 PM
    Just saw a "BlackBerry for all" commercial on the amazing race canada.

It said coming to android and iOS. It much be just around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:12 PM
    We were just told that Samsung is moving into and taking over our whole building. They bought out our lease and we are getting the boot! This is in the NW Toronto area. What this means and why am I saying this? I'm not sure. Haha

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:42 PM
    Was that a Freudian slip?
    I do have a big id, but my even bigger superego keeps it in check. My wife will laugh at that, but it's true. LOL

Posted via CB10
    All my life. My favorite seat is back seat (In a classroom seating position Lol) just don't go outside the box here. Haha
    Cheers guys. JD on the rocks is best drink ever.
    Randeman, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-13 08:48 PM
    Didn't someone really smart suggest Sammy would be silly not to at least partake in the auction? M8 maybe, pretty sure it was him...me thinks this may be the start of that process. I'm hopeful they will not just kill our BB10 OS....that would not be a win regardless of money gained.

Posted via CB10
    My enemy's enemy is my best friend.
    Bugmapper, dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-13 08:52 PM
    My enemy's enemy is my best friend.
    Lol....I'll drink to that...Crown though

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:53 PM
    All my life. My favorite seat is back seat (In a classroom seating position Lol) just don't go outside the box here. Haha
    Cheers guys. JD on the rocks is best drink ever.
    I liked the back seat...in a car too. lol

Edit: lots of memories along the 401 between Toronto and Montreal.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:56 PM
    Yep, I've seen her on twitter.

Posted via CB10
    LoL, another "out side the box" issue?
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-16-13 09:02 PM
    I liked the back seat...in a car too. lol

Edit: lots of memories along the 401 between Toronto and Montreal.

Posted via CB10
    401...don't forget the turnoff to Tromblont

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and plasmid_boy like this.
    09-16-13 09:03 PM

LoL. If this wasn't a public thread then may be and I mean may be, CJ and Plasmid can come up with some to the point but out side the box terms.
    Kid Vibe, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-13 09:10 PM
113,252 ... 19291930193119321933 ...