View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I understand the small hole for the camera, but what's big hole for?
    Hey, I don't know about those things. You guys are the rocket scientists and sex education instructors. lol
    09-16-13 04:22 PM
    Hey, I don't know about those things. You guys are the rocket scientists and sex education instructors. lol
    Well, you said that its for 'real' men and all, plus it does look like a 'survival' gear for being lost in the woods. LOL
    lcjr, sidhuk, Randeman and 2 others like this.
    09-16-13 04:26 PM
    LoL, Always thinking out side the box.
    Thinkin' outside the box or ..... nah... this is a public forum so I better not continue that one... lol
    plasmid_boy, lcjr, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    09-16-13 04:28 PM
    Anyone see the main story on CB? BBM exclusive for Samsung devices for 3 months. It's not clear if it's for Nigeria only. Available Friday.

Yes they got paid, but don't like the exclusivity if it's for all markets.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-13 04:32 PM
    Thinkin' outside the box or ..... nah... this is a public forum so I better not continue that one... lol
    LoL, are you suggesting that we and Pasmid_id are the bad influence? I am gonna change my seat. Hahaha
    cjcampbell, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-13 04:34 PM
    Anyone see the main story on CB? BBM exclusive for Samsung devices for 3 months. It's not clear if it's for Nigeria only. Available Friday.

Yes they got paid, but don't like the exclusivity if it's for all markets.

Posted via CB10
    Just saw that.. hmmm, the stupid part of me is thinking samsung & blackberry are sleeping together but in a foreplay stage at the moment. 3 months exclusive BBM, wtf does that mean? so all the other android phones won't be getting BBM? i do have a samsung phone so what the heck does that mean?

when there is smokes, there's always a fire somewhere.. BBRY + SAMSUNG would make a big splash across the mobile world. If I'm Samsung, i would totally partner up with BBRY to produce phones for them, it just make sense LOL, sorry thats the stupid me thinking.

Thoughts?
    Randeman, sidhuk, lcjr and 6 others like this.
    09-16-13 04:40 PM
    look likes I am not the only one enjoying this Monday (Weird?!)
    Well, you said that its for 'real' men and all, plus it does look like a 'survival' gear for being lost in the woods. LOL
    sidhuk, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-13 04:46 PM
    Can anyone tell me if there's a "general rule" for how long a stock should trade within a channel before breaking up or down? Is there a certain number of cycles or can it be indefinite pending news?
    09-16-13 04:49 PM
    Just saw that.. hmmm, the stupid part of me is thinking samsung & blackberry are sleeping together but in a foreplay stage at the moment. 3 months exclusive BBM, wtf does that mean? so all the other android phones won't be getting BBM? i do have a samsung phone so what the heck does that mean?

when there is smokes, there's always a fire somewhere.. BBRY + SAMSUNG would make a big splash across the mobile world. If I'm Samsung, i would totally partner up with BBRY to produce phones for them, it just make sense LOL, sorry thats the stupid me thinking.

Thoughts?
    1. at least it shows that Samsung respects BBM.
    2. I don't think that blackberry did this for Samsung for free.
    3. free apk will still be available outside of Samsung phones.
    4. it is getting extra advertizement.

Off to the Gym Guys. have a great evening.
    lcjr, abouthsu, fedakd and 6 others like this.
    09-16-13 04:52 PM
    Maybe Samsung plans to buy bbm?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-16-13 04:54 PM
    Do we have a #4?
    Interesting Friday to come... 4 ... sure!

http://crackberry.com/samsung-confir...ailable-friday

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-16-13 05:00 PM
    I find the BBM exclusive hard to believe. It's so one-sided for Samsung, it's hard to believe that BlackBerry got played so hard.

Samsung gets to market an app that will help them sell more phones.
    Who's going to be buying these phones? BlackBerry phone owners mostly.
    Samsung also takes advantage of the hype to corral BB defectors away from other Android manufacturers.
    BBM adoption is artifically slowed down on non-Samsung Android phones.
    What does BlackBerry get out of this? A bit of cash? Free promotion for BBM?
    09-16-13 05:14 PM
    Well, it's BEER-Thirty and I'm thirsty. Chat with you guys later.
    09-16-13 05:15 PM
    LoL, are you suggesting that we and Pasmid_id are the bad influence? I am gonna change my seat. Hahaha
    Was that a Freudian slip?
    I do have a big id, but my even bigger superego keeps it in check. My wife will laugh at that, but it's true. LOL

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-16-13 05:19 PM
    If this is true, I don't see this as a positive. Something isn't making sense to me...

Do we have a #4?
    Interesting Friday to come... 4 ... sure!

Samsung confirms 3-month exclusive to BBM, available on Friday | CrackBerry.com

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-16-13 05:30 PM
    If this is true, I don't see this as a positive. Something isn't making sense to me...
    Samsung is part of the puzzle

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-16-13 05:46 PM
    While we dont know the real story and the reasons why. I really can't think this is bad either. with all due respect to other android brands like HTC, LG, MOTO etc SAMSUNG without the doubt does dominate the percentage of the android market. while this may seems like an disadvantage as we want massive of adoption of BBM. Looking at this from another angle where the launch woudl cover Iphone users anyhow and instead of relying on marketing where we all know BBRY isnt very good at, giving SAMSUNG the exclusive (not knowing what was exchanged) might not be a bad thing,

I probably naive to think that, but really, anything BBRY can get the brand OR BBM names out to the bigger audiences as far as android is concerned, can't think of anyone else but SAMSUNG.
    09-16-13 05:52 PM
    I both agree and disagree with this. Almost everyone knows what BBM is. In my opinion it would have been difficult to screw up a marketing effort on BBM. Even though the majority of the media hates BlackBerry, they do like BBM and typically have good things to say about it.

I don't know how this will all shake out, but it's becoming evident that Samsung is in bed with BlackBerry in some fashion (not just for BBM). I don't know the overall Mobile OS user statistics, but providing Samsung with exclusivity for 3 months is worth ALOT!.

While we dont know the real story and the reasons why. I really can't think this is bad either. with all due respect to other android brands like HTC, LG, MOTO etc SAMSUNG without the doubt does dominate the percentage of the android market. while this may seems like an disadvantage as we want massive of adoption of BBM. Looking at this from another angle where the launch woudl cover Iphone users anyhow and instead of relying on marketing where we all know BBRY isnt very good at, giving SAMSUNG the exclusive (not knowing what was exchanged) might not be a bad thing,

I probably naive to think that, but really, anything BBRY can get the brand OR BBM names out to the bigger audiences as far as android is concerned, can't think of anyone else but SAMSUNG.
    09-16-13 05:56 PM
    Didn't someone really smart suggest Sammy would be silly not to at least partake in the auction? M8 maybe, pretty sure it was him...me thinks this may be the start of that process. I'm hopeful they will not just kill our BB10 OS....that would not be a win regardless of money gained.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:00 PM
    I find the BBM exclusive hard to believe. It's so one-sided for Samsung, it's hard to believe that BlackBerry got played so hard.

Samsung gets to market an app that will help them sell more phones.
    Who's going to be buying these phones? BlackBerry phone owners mostly.
    Samsung also takes advantage of the hype to corral BB defectors away from other Android manufacturers.
    BBM adoption is artifically slowed down on non-Samsung Android phones.
    What does BlackBerry get out of this? A bit of cash? Free promotion for BBM?
    Let's look at the three options:
    1) Don't go cross platform and keep BBM as a Blackberry only feature. I'm sure you would agree that isn't a plan for long-term success.
    2) Go cross platform over all android phones. This has huge benefits, but some downside as well. I believe this would put a lot of marketing pressure on Blackberry. I'm also not sure this would motivate phone manufacturers to preload BBM on the phones. Also, there are other messaging platforms out there that are also trying to take market share.
    3) Go after the 60% (and growing) shareholder of Android phones in Samsung. Many of the other companies (ex. HTC) are headed into more financial trouble and Samsung has one of the best abilities to control their costs as they own a lot of the component level parts. This will also motivate them to preload on all of their devices and spend a ton of cash on marketing. It also is relevant that Samsung is trying to go live with their own OS (Tizen), but it isn't clear how close they are to launching it. BB10 is ready for them at any point. I haven't been the biggest fan of Samsung, but as I am writing this, it feels more and more like the best move Blackberry could possibly make. Who is a better partner to morph Blackberry away from Hardware and into a Software and Services model?
    09-16-13 06:02 PM
    I both agree and disagree with this. Almost everyone knows what BBM is. In my opinion it would have been difficult to screw up a marketing effort on BBM. Even though the majority of the media hates BlackBerry, they do like BBM and typically have good things to say about it.

I don't know how this will all shake out, but it's becoming evident that Samsung is in bed with BlackBerry in some fashion (not just for BBM). I don't know the overall Mobile OS user statistics, but providing Samsung with exclusivity for 3 months is worth ALOT!.
    *(posted before the CB update) *
    Globally agree except for the knowledge of BBM. Younger generation that has never sported a BlackBerry... just don't know what the magic of BBM is. they might know the name, but that's pretty it.

What I wonder is witch features we are going to see in this exclusive BBM for Samsung.
    BTW quite agree with th "in bed now"...

Edit: I also believe that the 3 months exclusivity is the counterpart of BBM being preloaded on samys devices

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-16-13 at 06:40 PM.
    09-16-13 06:05 PM
    I understand the small hole for the camera, but what's big hole for?
    It's for the apple . . . . . to bait the deer.
    09-16-13 06:06 PM
    Imo, at this point in time BlackBerry 10 obviously has an advantage over Tizen. It has footprint in the app ecosystem vs. Tizen which will start at zero. Add Samsung's deep pockets and I'm sure those big name apps can be acquired. BB10 would already be a year old by when Samsung releases their first Tizen phone.

As well, imo, I think that Samsung isn't very good at software, especially with the gimmicky stuff they do on android. Leave that to BlackBerry and build what they are great at, hardware. They have the scale to produce great hardware and can control every aspect of production from top to bottom.

I still think that we shouldn't read too much into this exclusivity deal, although I hope there's more there than just this deal.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:11 PM
    This is what BlackBerry has to say regarding BBM....

"UPDATE* - We reached out to BlackBerry for comments and here's what they had to say: "The excitement around the upcomingBBMlaunch on iPhone and Android devices seems to know no bounds. Although I?m a big fan of this passion, I want to clarify that no one will have an exclusive on offeringBBM. We?ll be bringing the app to Android and iPhone users across the globe soon." -BBMCommunications Director at BlackBerry, Victoria Berry."
    09-16-13 06:14 PM
    This is what BlackBerry has to say regarding BBM....

"UPDATE* - We reached out to BlackBerry for comments and here's what they had to say: "The excitement around the upcomingBBMlaunch on iPhone and Android devices seems to know no bounds. Although I?m a big fan of this passion, I want to clarify that no one will have an exclusive on offeringBBM. We?ll be bringing the app to Android and iPhone users across the globe soon." -BBMCommunications Director at BlackBerry, Victoria Berry."
    Ah that's better. I just couldn't believe the 3 month exclusive. It just made no sense.
    It's uncanny how some people still managed to rationalize something so irrational.
    09-16-13 06:17 PM
113,256 ... 19281929193019311932 ...