View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For those who were potentially looking for downside protection in case of a worse case earning release (this is not investment advice, merely an illustration):

A potential long (buy) Jan 14th 2014 BBRY 5 put options, currently trading .06/.09.

The options cover two earnings releases and are relatively cheap based on the unlikelyhood of the strike being hit but could increase in price if the upcoming earnings release are a disaster, you could get some downside protection if the stock drops 30% again or just the absurd increase in implied vol.

Each option represents a 100 shares.

#of options x price or (10 puts x .09)*100 = $70/ to hedge 1,000 shares long.

The risk is a total loss of your option is the strike is never reached. So $70 (excluding commission & whatever other fees your broker charges). In the case of a buyout, these options will also expire worthless

You can ofcourse sell these options before expiration if they increase in value at any time before expiration.

Whatever you do, have a plan to manage the risk.
    slipstream89 and danprown like this.
    09-16-13 12:58 PM
    cj, did you hit your target yet with IMG?
    I did this am with a minimal order knowing that...when/if it goes lower, I will add.
    09-16-13 01:01 PM
    A pretty realistic argument, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

Http:// seekingalpha.com/currents/post/1279922

PS, is anyone else having trouble copying from a Web address, and pasting into the Crackberry app via a bb10 device???
    I have a work-around, but there should be a standard way to do this.
    It is possible the "cut and paste" function is worn out!!!
    Bacon Munchers, Randeman and lcjr like this.
    09-16-13 01:08 PM
    I did this am with a minimal order knowing that...when/if it goes lower, I will add.
    Nope... not yet. I'm waiting for a further drop. Gold seems to still be pressing down even though it is slightly green. It tried to drop but got hauled back up near, but still outside of, the bottom of the bollinger bands. It also has found overhead resistance near the 50-dma, both gold and IMG, so I'll sit and wait a while longer.
    ... Open Letter To Carl Icahn and Starboard Value On BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) | ETF DAILY NEWS[/url]
    Thanks for the post.
    I just can't side with those that go with the "Fairfax holds a $17 holdings average in BBRY" belief.

I am a novice trader, and even I would have played with options and inside info to average-down over the last x-Months.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Prems' gang sit between $12-13 today.
    A pretty realistic argument, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

Http:// seekingalpha.com/currents/post/1279922

PS, is anyone else having trouble copying from a Web address, and pasting into the Crackberry app via a bb10 device???
    I have a work-around, but there should be a standard way to do this.
    Tried a couple of days ago and couldn't get it working. Before that, no problem.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    09-16-13 01:09 PM
    For those who were potentially looking for downside protection in case of a worse case earnings...
    If I was as keen as you, or a few others here, I may consider, but Alas! I am not, so here I stand, with a large BlackBerry carrot in my hand, dreaming of a day where I can give it to the magic rabbit and receive it's golden droppings in return.
    09-16-13 01:20 PM
    Tried a couple of days ago and couldn't get it working. Before that, no problem.
    BTW, the work-around I spoke of is simply to put any letter/number on the paste area first, then press-hold to paste. Then, delete the letter/number. Seems to work. Also note that pressing and holding the space bar reveals a nice little 'attach picture' icon for that function.

Oh no! Now people are gonna go berserk with the picture pasting, and Super fly FR is going to troll me for eternity!!
    09-16-13 01:25 PM
    Have a buy order at 5.15
    Let's see.....
    09-16-13 01:30 PM
    This worked on my mother-in-law, but not her phone!
    Gross! Don't even want to know where she kept the battery....

... Back to gawking at my stocks screen.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-16-13 01:33 PM
    If I was as keen as you, or a few others here, I may consider, but Alas! I am not, so here I stand, with a large BlackBerry carrot in my hand, dreaming of a day where I can give it to the magic rabbit and receive it's golden droppings in return.
    Bwaaaahaaaahaaaaaa! Now that was a good one! Thanks, I needed that on a frantic Monday!! hahahahaha.
    09-16-13 01:37 PM
    Love It!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-16-13 01:49 PM
    IMO, this thread deserves a real time bbry stock ticker in the header.
    09-16-13 01:54 PM
    Not much goin on today folks... Time for an afternoon power-nap. Lets see what BB has in store on the 18th
    lcjr likes this.
    09-16-13 02:13 PM
    To lighten up the day. Disclaimer: Of course by posting this and making fun of Apple, it will help boost BlackBerry sales.

The perfect accessory for those who wear crocs.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-enhanced-buzz-20355-1378836772-0.jpg
    09-16-13 02:26 PM
    To lighten up the day. Disclaimer: Of course by posting this and making fun of Apple, it will help boost BlackBerry sales.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enhanced-buzz-20355-1378836772-0.jpg 
Views:	924 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	202268
    Yeah, but they have implemented colors that have never been seen before on an iPhone. For the first time ever, the iPhone now has vibrant, fun and youthful colors.
    One more thing, the colored shell is constructed of truly amazing highest quality hard coated polycarbonate plastic. We believe that our customers are going to love it!
    09-16-13 02:50 PM
    An interesting little chart on BBRY stock movement pre & post earning (from Seeking Alpha):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-post-earnings.png

Morgan, care to comment?
    09-16-13 02:52 PM
    Yeah, but they have implemented colors that have never been seen before on an iPhone. For the first time ever, the iPhone now has vibrant, fun and youthful colors.
    One more thing, the colored shell is constructed of truly amazing highest quality hard coated polycarbonate plastic. We believe that our customers are going to love it!
    It's unapologetic plastic, 0:43.

Last edited by leafs123; 09-16-13 at 03:23 PM.
    09-16-13 03:01 PM

Name:	enhanced-buzz-20355-1378836772-0.jpg 
Views:	924 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	202268
    My 3 year old says he is holding off on the purchase coz they don't have a multi-coloured one to match these.....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000850.jpg
    leafs123, sidhuk, lcjr and 7 others like this.
    09-16-13 03:17 PM
    Oh sure, but where's the CAMO for the real men and women?????

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-camo.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-camo-crock2.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ip4-pink.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-camo-crock.jpg
    09-16-13 03:40 PM
    Well it's that time of day again.... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=SN1kU7iQnBs
    lcjr, Randeman, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    09-16-13 03:54 PM
    Well it's that time of day again.... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=DJVtFpZl7-Y
    Now that's a beer drinking song! Too bad I have 1.5 hours to go before I can have one.
    09-16-13 03:57 PM
    Now that's a beer drinking song! Too bad I have 1.5 hours to go before I can have one.
    ya poor poor sod you.
    lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    09-16-13 04:00 PM
    Oh sure, but where's the CAMO for the real men and women?????

Name:	camo.jpg 
Views:	763 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	202314
    I understand the small hole for the camera, but what's big hole for?
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-16-13 04:13 PM
    I understand the small hole for the camera, but what's big hole for?
    LoL, Always thinking out side the box.
    09-16-13 04:22 PM
113,256 ... 19271928192919301931 ...