View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Superfly chose ADGrant's ....
    I choose ADGrant's yo say "HI", witch was ma first sentence (most important line in any editorial work).
    As I didn't read him much in that particular thread, I thought it was accurate to remind him (and "WE") that we were sliding into details clearly leading OT. Not discussing his right to disagree, but pointing out that further discussion about this interesting topic would find a better place in a separated thread, not inside this one.

I think your comment is slightly nitpick ...

P.S: I could write pages about this particular topic and while I boiled reading several statements, refrained to do so, because it's ... OT

Edit : You got it, thanks notafanboy
    Anyway, here's my contribution: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...8/#post9174907
    Innovation as regards to 64-bit architecture can be continued there.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-16-13 at 02:50 AM.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    09-16-13 02:36 AM
    It's been quite a long time since I've copied this within the thread. With the upcoming news/events, I believe it's appropriate to do it now. Please note this is a quote from OP, but due to the length of this thread, most new contributors wont read OP ...

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Feb 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.

Disclaimer : By no mean I intend to forecast a raise of the shares or any kind of advantage. You have to perform your own research. Positions, experiences, questions and suggestions made in this thread are personal views and NOT authorized investment instructions. Be aware that You can lose everything and neither I nor any contributor in this thread will be responsible for this in any circumstance.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-16-13 at 11:34 AM.
    amanciang and m1a1mg like this.
    09-16-13 02:43 AM
    http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/u...t-Finances.png

I don't like this graph... Hopefully we shoot up a buck or so before ER or some BIG news comes out.
    09-16-13 03:02 AM
    You sound like the old RIM CEO who thought cameras in smartphones were a gimmick. You can't say something is not innovation because you platform doesn't have it.
    Just another example of how some here think that bashing the competition will help Blackberry.

Blackberry in not competing with Apple.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    09-16-13 05:15 AM
    Just another example of how some here think that bashing the competition will help Blackberry.

Blackberry in not competing with Apple.
    I believe that there are plenty of BlackBerry bashing from people using other brands. I wish that you had also reminded them that bashing doesn't help. Since you suggested that BlackBerry is not competing with Apple, then would Apple fans please stop trolling on BlackBerry fan sites.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 05:44 AM
    Alright, this is the homestretch before E.R. Anything is possible until then. Brace yourselves for a deluge of good news!! Or so I hope. 10.2, X-BBM and the phablet, what else? My Z10 has not ressuscitated from a brief moment under water, so I am ready to embrace the Z-30 with open arms. BBRY: make it today please!!
    09-16-13 06:34 AM
    You can tell when we are getting close to the ER by the level of trashy and negative posts on CrackBerry.

Keep an eye on the "new" negative threads and the increased negative posting activity in existing threads.

Brace yourselves!
    09-16-13 06:55 AM
    @heathrow heading home.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:02 AM
    Well, it's not going to help current ER, but, my cubicle-mate just switched him and his son from Iphone 5s to BB Z10s. I begged him to tell me the night before, so I could double-down on my stock but he forgot. He's only had it for a weekend but loves it.
    bungaboy, rarsen, jfguay2 and 6 others like this.
    09-16-13 07:05 AM
    @heathrow heading home.

Posted via CB10
    Moar Pix

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-16-13 07:23 AM
    You can tell when we are getting close to the ER by the level of trashy and negative posts on CrackBerry.

Keep an eye on the "new" negative threads and the increased negative posting activity in existing threads.

Brace yourselves!
    I find it incredible how quickly a flood of posters come into threads to defend rival platforms or to knock down any positive BB thread.

Yup ....no trolling here ....LOL

If I tried I couldn't bring myself to head over to one of the other sites to defend BB or bash that brand. You have to be an epic loser to do that I figure. Unless of course you have a heavy vested interest **cough shorts cough**
    bungaboy, jfguay2, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    09-16-13 07:34 AM
    alright, this is the homestretch before e.r. Anything is possible until then. Brace yourselves for a deluge of good news!! Or so i hope. 10.2, x-bbm and the phablet, what else? My z10 has not ressuscitated from a brief moment under water, so i am ready to embrace the z-30 with open arms. Bbry: Make it today please!!
    "like magnet"
    09-16-13 07:35 AM
    I find it incredible how quickly a flood of posters come into threads to defend rival platforms or to knock down any positive BB thread.

Yup ....no trolling here ....LOL

If I tried I couldn't bring myself to head over to one of the other sites to defend BB or bash that brand. You have to be an epic loser to do that I figure. Unless of course you have a heavy vested interest **cough shorts cough**
    Exactly! Epic Losers!

I have an Apple iPhone 4s and a Samsung SGIII. I don't use them because I really don't like them. Yet I don't spend my days trashing them at iMore or Android Central.

You may well be correct that this type of activity is based on financial greed which in turn creates epic losers or vice a versa. Either way it in not acceptable nor civil behaviour. They are an embarrassment to everyone, themselves included.
    09-16-13 07:56 AM
    A couple am headlines across the wire (in order of posting):

*BLACKBERRY REPORTS GOVERNMENT LOBBYING MEETINGS IN AUGUST
    *BLACKBERRY LOBBIED PRIME MINISTER'S POLICY ADVISER AUG. 15
    *BLACKBERRY LOBBIED CANADA INVESTMENT REVIEW SECTOR HEAD
    *BLACKBERRY LOBBYING REPORTS POSTED ON CANADA GOVERNMENT WEBSITE
    Randeman likes this.
    09-16-13 08:15 AM
    Exactly! Epic Losers!

I have an Apple iPhone 4s and a Samsung SGIII. I don't use them because I really don't like them. Yet I don't spend my days trashing them at iMore or Android Central.

You may well be correct that this type of activity is based on financial greed which in turn creates epic losers or vice a versa. Either way it in not acceptable nor civil behaviour. They are an embarrassment to everyone, themselves included.
    True story, last week my 9-year old son just sold his iPhone4 (for $140) and used that money to add more BBRY to his stock portfolio...LOL

So, your 4S could buy you a few more BBRY shares
    09-16-13 08:16 AM
    https://ocl-cal.gc.ca/app/secure/orl...=1379338285697

A couple am headlines across the wire (in order of posting):

*BLACKBERRY REPORTS GOVERNMENT LOBBYING MEETINGS IN AUGUST
    *BLACKBERRY LOBBIED PRIME MINISTER'S POLICY ADVISER AUG. 15
    *BLACKBERRY LOBBIED CANADA INVESTMENT REVIEW SECTOR HEAD
    *BLACKBERRY LOBBYING REPORTS POSTED ON CANADA GOVERNMENT WEBSITE
    ibpluto likes this.
    09-16-13 08:33 AM
    Good morning gang! Well, opening in the GREEN always helps the Monday morning blues. lol. Hopefully we get the SP back up a dollar like Kid stated. I hope everyone has a productive day.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, take99 and 8 others like this.
    09-16-13 08:36 AM
    Only 1 of the 11 matters lobbied could relate to a sale and/or foreign ownership. Highlighted in bold.

Subject Matter Details

Legislative Proposal, Bill or Resolution

• Investment Canada Act, with respect to telecommunications.
    • Obligations regarding lawful access, specifically the bill formerly known as Bill C-46, the Investigative Powers for the 21st Century Act
    • Obligations regarding lawful access, specifically the bill formerly known as Bill C-47, the Technical Assistance for Law Enforcement in the 21st Century Act

Policies or Program
    • Copyright and Intellectual Property, specifically the ongoing consultations on Canadian copyright legislation.
    • Environmental Policy – Discussions regarding the Canadian government’s position in response to the recommendations of the Copenhagen Communiqu� on Climate Change
    • Foreign temporary workers program, with respect to intercompany transfers
    • Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Incentive Consultation - To comment on policy and administrative aspects of SR&ED program, in response to consultation
    • Spectrum Policy - participation in discussions on Canada's position internationally
    • Trade Policy, with respect to RIM market access issues experienced internationally, specifically tariffs and non-tariff trade barriers
    • Transportation Policy - Discussions regarding improving local and regional transportation infrastructure in RIM operating regions within Canada

Regulation
    • Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation, specifically the proposed Electronic Commerce Protection Regulations.
    09-16-13 08:44 AM
    09-16-13 08:48 AM
    Doesnt work , need to be on a list to register but this is a good sign that Sept 18th is the release date
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-16-13 08:50 AM
    Anyone think that Blackberry could announce a partner ship at the blackberry jam Asia on sept 26-27
    09-16-13 09:01 AM
    Anyone think that Blackberry could announce a partner ship at the blackberry jam Asia on sept 26-27
    Asia - China ---- Lenovo?

How fitting....
    09-16-13 09:07 AM
    (MEA) Tax Office Picks Blackberry for Mobile Devices Trial

By Nate Cochrane

Sept. 17 (The Age) -- The Australian Taxation Office is bucking the enterprise trend away from BlackBerry, building on its relationship with the Canadian smartphone maker in a software trial.

The pilot will include email, contact and calendar applications for 400 ATO managers to use on iPads, notebooks and smartphones.

Known for its handsets, which have taken a back seat in recent years to Apple's iPhone and Google Android devices, BlackBerry is rallying with a push into compliance and security software to manage burgeoning fleets of corporate and bring-your- own mobile devices.

The ATO does not expect to issue BlackBerry's latest Q10 handsets to staff in the trial. ATO chief information officer Bill Gibson says the agency has struck a balance between security and usability by being selective about the content it permits. "We're looking at how extensible it is into file- sharing or how we would handle more sensitive information," he says.

"We're a bit of a follower so we looked at what other government agencies were doing and the level of hardening being done." BlackBerry, like some other mobile device management systems, enables the use of "containers" on handsets. Mr Gibson says these "protected app enclaves" are very controllable and secure but only with severe constraints, including forcing users to work with different apps for common tasks.

The ATO considered Good Technology and AirWatch solutions but was swayed by its existing relationship with BlackBerry. "We looked at an approach that was more flexible and used native clients on the devices and therefore obtain a better balance between usability and security," Mr Gibson says. "Lock these down and it becomes a little bit unusable, or relax it a bit and change the scope of what information you are prepared to expose and that makes it more flexible.

"We talk about 'usable while secure' - five years ago it would have been 'secure', and 'usable' would be an afterthought."

Full story: theage.com.au/it-pro
    rarsen and Korepab like this.
    09-16-13 09:22 AM
    Random commentary (*this is US centric post before I get attacked.*)

I have both Bloomberg TV and CNBC on the squawk all day long and all I constantly hear about Twitter, FB (Instagram) and LinkedIn for social media.

I know BBM Channels is supposed to rival the established names in the business but outside of the BBRY community, what kind of buzz is being generated; if companies are using it, they aren’t advertising it, yet. I hear more about Flipboard or Pinterest than Channels. When do we see some adoption to help drive the excitement?

My fear about cross platform BBM is similar as well. BBM is strong in the BBRY community but outside, what’s being done. I know Samsung is pushing it with some advertising but when it comes to messaging services, conceding the point that BBM is the best communication app, how do we get widespread adoption. I think about all the options available to me:

*IMessage (which is my primary go to, since most of my contacts have iOS devices &/or don’t have sms plans);

*Google hangouts (for my Android friends & those on their desktop computers who can’t for whatever reason spend all day on their phones (@ the office for example or a group chat including mobile and desktop);

*Whatsapp (for intl friends who jumped from sms to whatsapp and never used anything in between);

*SMS.

I use the above in descending order and have considered ditching whatsapp but have settled for throwing into a folder where apps go to die.

Now I get the virtues of BBM (esp when no alternative exits), but I have 4 easy ways to communicate outside of phone/email. What’s the value of adding yet another messaging platform? I care about security to a point, but in my life; conviennce is probably a bigger factor. I’m happy with my solutions, why change?

I’m in a grove with services that give me what I need & a good backup. I can’t generalize for iPhone & Android users but the onese I correspond w/ are plenty happy w/ what they have because someone else made it easy to get comfortable. Whatever is best on platform X eventually gets incorporated into the leading systems... BBM rocks but I know that if the cross platform features are the new cats meow, Apple or Google or Whatsapp will eventually offer so I can sit on my arse with my good enough features.

How does BBRY mgmt/marketing overcome that?

That inertia to a certain extent is what BBRY has been banking on within the corporate sector right. We’re already inhouse, you already use or devices... why not just upgrade naturally to our new Z10/Q10 models. Be lazy, go with what you know.
    09-16-13 09:25 AM
    They should announce that they will be developing a secure android phone while continuing support of bb10.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:34 AM
113,256 ... 19241925192619271928 ...