View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Iguacu Falls, Brazil earlier today :-)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001427.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:32 PM
    It may have been out on another phone but apparently it didn't work so well.

I am amazed that you or anyone can argue with a straight face that launching the worlds first phone with a 64bit CPU is not innovative. Perhaps you don't understand the significance.

The 5s is also the first camera with a variable color temperature flash system. I suspect you may not understand the significance if that either.
    Now if only they could figure out that other 'flash' thing my phone would be a lot more useful.
    09-15-13 05:36 PM
    I tried to come up with a number when you first started the list, but lacked sufficient data to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Lack of data didn't deter the analysts (or me), so jump right it!
    09-15-13 05:37 PM
    The ignore function wasn't a CB innovation, it has been on forum software like Invision for a long long time.

I wouldn't say nothing because last decade is a long time. It does strike me as odd though, that BB fanboys would criticize another company on innovation, when BB is still playing catchup. Let's take a look at the next three upcoming saviors:

A cross platform messaging platform - Every significant IM provider out there went cross-platform years ago
    The Z30 - what's the innovation here, a bigger screen? Samsung and other manufacturers went to big screens years ago
    BB 10.2 - every single new feature here had already existed in Android, either in the OS or as add-on apps.
    I have been using BBs for the last 13 years or so. They were late to the market with color screens, late with cameras, late with 3G and LTE and for the longest time you couldn't get a curve with wifi and bluetooth. They were very late to the market with a useable web browser. Prior to EAS on other phones they were the only show in town if you wanted wireless syncing with your exchange account.

I don't remember when they launched BBM but it was based on their original PIN based messaging I was using in 1999.
    09-15-13 05:46 PM
    Lack of data didn't deter the analysts (or me), so jump right it!
    He already gave his reasons. Should suffice.

We all know it will be used to taunt us and rub our noses in it anyway.
    sidhuk, peter9477 and plasmid_boy like this.
    09-15-13 05:47 PM
    Now if only they could figure out that other 'flash' thing my phone would be a lot more useful.
    You are referring to the one Adobe has withdrawn from the market? The world has moved on, HTML5 is the hot new thing now.
    09-15-13 05:48 PM
    You are referring to the one Adobe has withdrawn from the market? The world has moved on, HTML5 is the hot new thing now.
    Doesn't change the fact that it is still widely used.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:49 PM
    The million dollar question is what the street is expecting sales of BB10 devices to be? This will heavily influence the SP on Sept 27.
    May I write my real hopes are higher than my expectations but we have to keep them at a reasonable level ?
    Guys, this thread is read... probably much more you believe it is.

Goodnight all and see you 2morrow!

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-15-13 05:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes innovation leaves people behind.
    09-15-13 05:51 PM
    Beautiful. I had to quote this.

Whenever someone criticizes the iPhone (or Android devices) for lack of innovation, for being overpriced, for whatever, remember your response: "Doesn't change the fact that it is still widely used".
    09-15-13 05:59 PM
    Sometimes innovation leaves people behind.
    Hi ADGrant,
    Can I ask we have a break and come back to the tread topic by Monday ?

Not that innovation is not a captivating one. But in this particular thread, what can be considered as eventually close to the topic has been exposed already.

Please start a thread about it in the general discussion section and I'd love to participate there.

SF

P.S: week-ends are kinda sorta free talk here too, but please don't make it last for pages
    Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-15-13 06:03 PM

Whenever someone criticizes the iPhone (or Android devices) for lack of innovation, for being overpriced, for whatever, remember your response: "Doesn't change the fact that it is still widely used".
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-15-13 06:04 PM
    The world has moved on? Tell that to all the sites that I can't watch content on via my phone such as cnbc for example (although that may actually be a good thing)
    09-15-13 06:07 PM
    The world has moved on? Tell that to all the sites that I can't watch content on via my phone such as cnbc for example (although that may actually be a good thing)
    I believe there is an app for that.
    09-15-13 06:11 PM
    Again, absolutely nothing to do with innovation (do you know what that word actually means), The stock price is down because investors are disappointed that Apple did not release a cheap iPhone.
    is this now i support Apple and buy Apple shares or did you get lost in the wrong thread?
    09-15-13 06:22 PM
    It may have been out on another phone but apparently it didn't work so well.

I am amazed that you or anyone can argue with a straight face that launching the worlds first phone with a 64bit CPU is not innovative. Perhaps you don't understand the significance.

The 5s is also the first camera with a variable color temperature flash system. I suspect you may not understand the significance if that either.
    What is the significance of a 64 bit cpu? Unless you're using over 4 gb of memory it really isn't that all important. Last time I checked the innovative (sarcasm) junk coming out of apple doesn't have 4gb.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:27 PM
    is this now i support Apple and buy Apple shares or did you get lost in the wrong thread?
    I am not the one who introduced Apple to the thread. I don't think a forum member but shares in either company would make the least bit of difference to anything other than the purchasers own net worth.
    09-15-13 06:29 PM

Way out of context. You are reaching.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:30 PM
    Hi ADGrant,
    Can I ask we have a break and come back to the tread topic by Monday ?
    You're barking up the wrong tree. It wasn't ADGrant who brought up Apple, it was one of the regulars.

Seems to me there's a clear double standard when it comes to off-topic posts. Ok when it comes from the "longs", discouraged when others do it.
    09-15-13 06:32 PM
    09-15-13 06:32 PM
    What is the significance of a 64 bit cpu? Unless you're using over 4 gb of memory it really isn't that all important. Last time I checked the innovative (sarcasm) junk coming out of apple doesn't have 4gb.

Posted via CB10
    I assume you are unfamiliar with concepts such as virtual memory, ASLR and memory mapped files? Also the ARMv8 architecture contains significant enactments over and about the 64bit CPU registers.

Samsung now claims there next phone will be 64bit btw.
    09-15-13 06:35 PM
    You're barking up the wrong tree. It wasn't ADGrant who brought up Apple, it was one of the regulars.

Seems to me there's a clear double standard when it comes to off-topic posts. Ok when it comes from the "longs", discouraged when others do it.
    Again you seem to see what you want to see. SF's request was in regards to defining and discussing innovation.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:36 PM
    Isn't Halloween a few weeks away? Today is Sunday right? I'm having a flash back thinking it's Friday the 13th with all the craps I'm skipping, thank goodness I'm good at detecting useless posts and don't even bother wasting one sec on those you know who they are, ignore and move on.

Have a good weekend folks, and look forward to a great opening tomorrow morning and good news.
    09-15-13 06:38 PM
    Again you seem to see what you want to see. SF's request was in regards to defining and discussing innovation.
    Same thing. The first reference to Apple and it's lack of innovation came from Morgan, with his snide dismissal of the colorful iPhone 5c as being uninnovative.
    09-15-13 06:39 PM
    BBRY will get sold for at most 15/share.

Buyers have an interest to keep the cost low to minimise their risk .

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 06:41 PM
113,256 ... 19221923192419251926 ...