View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Put me down for 3.4 million units sold for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:15 PM
    Put me down for 3.4 million units sold for BB10.

Posted via CB10

Done - you'll be appear in next update.
    09-15-13 03:24 PM
    cgk, 4.4mil.. put me down please
    09-15-13 03:26 PM
    So, you disagree that I don't want to play the game?

No I disagreed that your guess is as good as mine. I thought I was clear in my reply.

But I hear you. You don't want to play this just for fun guessing game and I won't ask you to play anymore.
    09-15-13 03:29 PM
    Thanks for fixing your avatar.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Hahahhaha............
    I was in Palm Desert and didn't have a drink in a couple of days. I went to this shop to grab a bottle of milk before heading home and saw so many small size bottles of "spirits". LoL, I had never purchased a bottle smaller than 26oz. so it was fun to purchase a couple of small ones. uploaded one in the garage straight and took the picture of the second one which came side ways for some reason. finished the second one in the pool. that avatar picture was kind of pleasant reminder. (the shop was just passed the "shadow Mountain Dr. LoL)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-jd-2.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-jd-small.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ld.jpgThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-palm-desert.jpg
    09-15-13 03:52 PM
    I can't recall from the last ER but when did the analysts come out with their guesstimates?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:54 PM
    Some things to consider:

Q1 is historically bbry's slowest quarter.
    Q2 is better, Q3 is better...

2013Q2 is the first full Q10 quarter.

"The time is right for a sale" might not be because sales are anemic. It could be that the suitors of the hardware/other business wanted some guarantees before they buy bbry hardware assets and take over design and production!

Some guarantees might be: First batch of DoD sales, a pickup in market share, ect...

I personally know a lot of organizations that are migrating to BB10 now.

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe, bungaboy, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    09-15-13 03:55 PM
    plasmid_boy,

The two guys you are arguing with, I have on ignore.

I guess launching BB 10 OS, BES10.1, selling 3.7 million BB 10 phones from February to June, gaining the only DoD approved solution, cash at $ 3.1 billion, suitors wanting a piece of BlackBerry, security beyond the reach of NSA, BBM-X submitted to iTunes and launched with Android/Samsung, numerous hardware products coming to market, massive worldwide carrier support even after few new products in 2-years, the list goes on ............................ clearly this isn't the same level of innovation that Apple showed us last week with their coloured phones.
    What does BB's cash level or sales numbers (or carrier support) have to do with innovation.

I would be the first to admit that last years iPhone 5 repackaged in plastic isn't particularly innovative (except as a genius marketing move), however I am sure you are aware that the innovation Apple showed us last week was in their new phone.
    09-15-13 04:00 PM
    What does BB's cash level or sales numbers (or carrier support) have to do with innovation.

I would be the first to admit that last years iPhone 5 repackaged in plastic isn't particularly innovative (except as a genius marketing move), however I am sure you are aware that the innovation Apple showed us last week was in their new phone.
    Seems lots are aware.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-apple-dog-week.jpg
    09-15-13 04:07 PM
    Seems lots are aware.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apple Dog of the Week.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	201957
    Again, absolutely nothing to do with innovation (do you know what that word actually means), The stock price is down because investors are disappointed that Apple did not release a cheap iPhone.
    09-15-13 04:14 PM
    2.8 million BB10 devices :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 04:21 PM
    Again, absolutely nothing to do with innovation (do you know what that word actually means), The stock price is down because investors are disappointed that Apple did not release a cheap iPhone.
    I do. You and Apple don't it seems.
    sidhuk, morganplus8, zyben and 1 others like this.
    09-15-13 04:22 PM
    I'm not so sure that you know what it means. A feature, the finger print scanner, was out 2+ years ago on another phone. The other added features are nice and improve the device but would hardly be considered innovative. The only difference is, is that Apple will sell a lot more.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy, zyben and 3 others like this.
    09-15-13 04:30 PM
    I'm not so sure that you know what it means. A feature, the finger print scanner, was out 2+ years ago on another phone. The other added features are nice and improve the device but would hardly be considered innovative. The only difference is, is that Apple will sell a lot more.

Posted via CB10
    It may have been out on another phone but apparently it didn't work so well.

I am amazed that you or anyone can argue with a straight face that launching the worlds first phone with a 64bit CPU is not innovative. Perhaps you don't understand the significance.

The 5s is also the first camera with a variable color temperature flash system. I suspect you may not understand the significance if that either.
    09-15-13 04:34 PM
    I do. You and Apple don't it seems.
    You seem to be confusing Apple with Blackberry.
    09-15-13 04:36 PM
    there,,,,,,,,,... Now!!!!!! "the Ignore List" is the greatest innovation from CB.
    09-15-13 04:44 PM
    You seem to be confusing Apple with Blackberry.
    You jumped in feet first. Your name calling and trolling has now earned you a spot on the wall of shame.

Welcome to my list.
    09-15-13 04:45 PM
    You jumped in feet first. Your name calling and trolling has now earned you a spot on the wall of shame.

Welcome to my list.
    Thanks.
    09-15-13 04:49 PM
    It may have been out on another phone but apparently it didn't work so well.

I am amazed that you or anyone can argue with a straight face that launching the worlds first phone with a 64bit CPU is not innovative. Perhaps you don't understand the significance.

The 5s is also the first camera with a variable color temperature flash system. I suspect you may not understand the significance if that either.
    Using technology that exists, and has for quite some time, does not qualify as innovation. They may be the first to make a good pile of money from it but the point stands.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 04:50 PM
    there,,,,,,,,,... Now!!!!!! "the Ignore List" is the greatest innovation from CB.

sidhuk likes this.
    09-15-13 04:50 PM
    Using technology that exists, and has for quite some time, does not qualify as innovation. They may be the first to make a good pile of money from it but the point stands.

Posted via CB10
    By that standard, nothing BB has done in the last decade qualifies as innovation.

If you are referring to the A7, no other announced SOC implements the ARMv8 instruction set. If you are referring to the flash system, no one including Canon and Nikon have announced or sold a variable color temperature flash system.
    09-15-13 04:54 PM
    Gotye - Hearts A Mess (The Great Gatsby) - HD - YouTube
    Lazy Sunday. working out to this kind of music. have a great Sunday eve Gang.
    09-15-13 05:13 PM
    I'll take Canada's tallest peak for 1000.00 Alex:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000604.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 05:17 PM
    The ignore function wasn't a CB innovation, it has been on forum software like Invision for a long long time.

By that standard, nothing BB has done in the last decade qualifies as innovation.
    I wouldn't say nothing because last decade is a long time. It does strike me as odd though, that BB fanboys would criticize another company on innovation, when BB is still playing catchup. Let's take a look at the next three upcoming saviors:

A cross platform messaging platform - Every significant IM provider out there went cross-platform years ago
    The Z30 - what's the innovation here, a bigger screen? Samsung and other manufacturers went to big screens years ago
    BB 10.2 - every single new feature here had already existed in Android, either in the OS or as add-on apps.
    09-15-13 05:23 PM
    So where do you fit on the list?

• Morganplus8 3.7 million
    • Morlock_man 4.0 million
    • Herol 5.5 million
    • Shanerredflag 7.5 million

Last edited by cgk; Today at 03:34 PM. Reason: added morganplus
    cgk, I don't think that's Morgan's guess, when he mentioned 3.7m, it was in reference to sales from Feb to June. I was hoping to get him to quantify what level of sales would correspond to the hardware business doing "extremely well." But alas he doesn't want to join the game.
    09-15-13 05:29 PM
113,256 ... 19211922192319241925 ...