View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    HTC lays off its US staff, yet they are not calling "gutted its salesforce". What a difference spinning makes.

Layoffs hit HTC America as the company struggles to turn itself around | The Verge
    09-14-13 08:59 AM
    I don't think this was posted. Did Miscrosoft just buy Nokia's hardware out of worry that its only successful OEM partner would leave them?

Nokia was testing Android.

Nuclear options: Microsoft was testing Surface Phone while Nokia experimented with Android | The Verge
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    09-14-13 09:01 AM
    HTC lays off its US staff, yet they are not calling "gutted its salesforce". What a difference spinning makes.

Layoffs hit HTC America as the company struggles to turn itself around | The Verge
    How much humble pie and/or crow does BlackBerry have to eat before this bull stops? What joy would anyone take in seeing a Company fail and the resulting negative impact that would have on thousands of employees and their families and Communities worldwide?

Lotsa sickos.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 09-14-13 at 11:36 PM.
    09-14-13 09:07 AM
    Hi guys!
    Have a nice weekend, special thoughts for you and wife, M.

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-14-13 09:18 AM
    The phrasing "gutted its salesforce" didn't come from the media. It was from a quote attributed to the insider source who said that "enterprise [sales] is gutted."
    09-14-13 09:24 AM
    The phrasing "gutted its salesforce" didn't come from the media. It was from a quote attributed to the insider source who said that "enterprise [sales] is gutted."
    Correct however it also showed the different mind sets taken toward BlackBerry.

Anyway, 7:30 on a glorious day in the Okanogan :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000541.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000540.jpg

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:39 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000541.jpg 
Views:	1718 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	201571

Name:	IMG_00000540.jpg 
Views:	1723 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	201572

Posted via CB10
    Love it. They tried to recruit me there when Okanogan College turned into into University of British Columbia Okanogan. Really nice city and I liked the local wine there too.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-14-13 09:46 AM
    Hey Morgan, you're not supposed to read this
    Hope everything went fine, have some rest and quit that screen !

P.S: I suggest we do not flood M+8 today just [like] to say "same", leave him the [thanks] to say "hello".
    Sorry guys, I realize some may have think this post was a thanks collector. It wasn't, of course.
    What I was planning is to reserve the thanks button to M+8 so that he doesn't have to type anything and the like button for us all to state "we're thinking of you" so that he doesn't have to read tens of "feelgood" ones.

P.S: please do not hit any button this time !
    09-14-13 09:47 AM
    Sorry guys, I realize some may have think this post was a thanks collector. It wasn't, of course.
    What I was planning is to reserve the thanks button to M+8 so that he doesn't have to type anything and the like button for us all to state "we're thinking of you" so that he doesn't have to read tens of "feelgood" ones.

It's all good man. No worries.
    sidhuk, La Emperor and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-14-13 09:54 AM
    still a risky play. I'm still in myself. but I think folks here underestimate the strength of apple. there is plenty of room in this market for multiple players. but apple is about to launch some very nice phones. and I don't know if bbm will catch on. I will try to get friends with iphones to use it. but I doubt the multi platform version is going to work as well as the current bbm.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Apples new phones are a joke

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    09-14-13 09:59 AM

Didn't even crossed my mind.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:00 AM
    Love it. They tried to recruit me there when Okanogan College turned into into University of British Columbia Okanogan. Really nice city and I liked the local wine there too.

Posted via CB10
    When I first read this I thought you said you "liked the local wino". LoL
    09-14-13 10:08 AM

Name:	IMG_00000541.jpg 
Views:	1718 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	201571

Name:	IMG_00000540.jpg 
Views:	1723 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	201572

Posted via CB10
    Yes, beautiful there. Greatest lake view drive. Use to own an orchard there, USA side though. Lake Okanogon and Lake Chelan (USA side), two of my favorite spots to visit. The Vine route was great (still carried JD though). LoL
    09-14-13 10:22 AM
    When I first read this I thought you said you "liked the local wino". LoL
    I think I was the only wino in town, but it was a relatively serious two-day event so I had to appear professional. LOL

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 10:22 AM
    Hey Morgan... or anyone else that can answer, I'm still trying to figure out how you came to the price of 4.50 for IMG back in early August. For the life of me I can't figure it out. Would you, or whomever has the knowledge, share?
    Here is my short form explanation for IAG or IAMGold:

The chart for IAG looked like this this one back on August the sixth when I mentioned the entry price:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-iag-august-6-2013-chart.jpg

We had just broken down from overhead resistance at $ 5.50/shr and we needed to test the lows and support. The June/July bottom formed an uptrend line and that's where the buy price came from. But you don't rely on just the stock chart when the price is a function of the underlying commodity, so you look at Spot Gold for direction. In order to confirm the Buy signal, Gold needed to bottom out as well.

So here is Spot Gold today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-spot-gold-sept-14-2013-chart.jpg

Using the same basing structure as we did for IAG, Gold looked to be forming the same pattern too. Gold clearly was oversold in late June, so you draw the line across the lows on the daily chart to develop a trend. My green line was my "guess" back then and the blue line is what happened. I guessed at what the low would be in gold and gold confirmed it the next day. Note how close they are and note how bad gold looks today.

The current chart for IAG is:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-iag-sept-14-2013-chart.jpg

The stock has been fanning out on this rally, it topped out at the 200-dma and at RSI = 70 just like gold did. It is now heading lower and looking to hit its green uptrend line again. Gold also looks to be selling off to the $ 1275.00 oz. area so you would want to start to add to your position at the $ 4.75/shr mark and watch gold carefully. Gold looks bad in here, it needs to stop falling at support and build a base. As soon as gold shows us a bottom, IAG will bounce and start heading higher. This stock follows gold perfectly, the company is also a real winner in its space. Trade it though!
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-iag-sept-14-2013-chart.jpg  
    Last edited by morganplus8; 09-14-13 at 11:15 AM.
    09-14-13 11:01 AM
    Another Canadian carrier launches the Q5:

WIND Mobile launches BlackBerry Q5 and Sony Xperia ZL | MobileSyrup.com

For those who missed it, Misek recently commented on BB. Still bullish with a buyout price at a minimum of $15.

Enterprise Is BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)'s Crown Jewel: Jefferies

This week and next week are the ones to watch. Here we go!
    09-14-13 11:20 AM
    Here's the chart for HALO:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-sept-14-2013-chart.jpg

What can I say, it hit new highs recently, now it is basing out and ready for another pop to new highs. It is doing this against an over-bought indicator on the RSI at 70. The green line is support and that may scare many who don't want to see their stock drop that far back. It won't get there unless the DOW falls big time and I don't see that as the DOW is now in very positive territory. So follow the channel and be patient, this stock will become extremely active in October.

Note: The guys that brought you HALO also own 30% of this chart (ACAD):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-acad-sept-14-2013.jpg

We are at the bottom of that chart today. Now remember, just because these guys spend a ton on this company (they own 6.5% of the company - HALO) doesn't mean it is a sure winner so invest accordingly!! Good luck.
    09-14-13 11:32 AM
    Let's have a quick look at the company the brought you different coloured phones this week!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-aapl-sept-14-2013-chart.jpg

Apple had Carl buying shares in it and the price rallied hard to $ 500/shr., then, just the day before they launched those phones, the stock showed signs of wanting to roll over and go down. Until then, it had rallied along a green uptrend line for months. The stock formed the familiar pennant formation and broke down below it with a massive gap down much like BBRY did back in late June. So now the stock is at the low of the day on Friday, and only a couple of dollars away from its 50-dma and if that breaks, poor Carl is going to look dumb here. Apple needs to stop selling off and rally hard again or Carl is going to sell out and move on. It looks like it can bounce for a few dollars here but the chart looks terrible again.
    09-14-13 11:45 AM
    Might as well do BlackBerry too!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-sept-14a-2013-chart.jpg

Here is a precise, close up of BBRY showing you the pennant formation once again and where BBRY is going this coming week. I see us completing the sell-off here at $ 10.00/shr intraday, then rallying up to that down sloping line. All of this movement is purely technical so some of you who want to get out of the stock would do so on the next pop. Again, we need to hold support and a bit of good news and break out of this pennant to the upside, but lately I have been posting pennant formations that resolve to the downside and that sucks. The funny thing is, pennants resolve to the upside 75% of the time!

And so your first clue that this chart is correctly showing the path for BBRY is to see it stop at $ 10.00/shr intraday (it can be minus a few cents here) and then rally off that line and begin the next trip up.

As for the company itself, until we hear something from the company the media controls the stock and its price will trade between these lines until Q2. We were asked the upside of this pennant and the projection for the next rally is $ 14.50 - $ 15.00/shr ............... from there it needs help to get to a new 52 week high. I still maintain that BBRY is going to a new 52 week high. It gets there faster if they partner up or farm out handsets but we are basing here for another Fall rally. Let's hope no one buys the company.
    09-14-13 12:01 PM
    M8, thanks for making the weekend fun, keeping up with the little one since 4am and glad to see your analysis on the stocks.

Take it easy and rest lots. Hope your doing well.
    09-14-13 12:04 PM
    I don't want to trouble m8 as he need to rest. If anyone can help explain what criteria to use as I notice different moving average were used for each stock. Some used MA20, 50 or 200. And the candle used between, daily, weekly or monthly. I'm dumb so asking lots of dumb questions. I know EMA user recent data to calculate weighting compare SMA. I get lost on trying to figure out what parameters to use when trying to look at chat patterns. Thanks for being patience with me.
    09-14-13 12:46 PM
    Hi Morgan, Nice to see you kicking in high/Positive spirits. wishing you a successful healthy recovery. been holding up creating an extra post because there are so many that you have already replied to. However, I know from personal experience that it is very hard to put breaks on norm and go idle. I can see why 007 reports back to duty, after every venture. IMO Bond movies been ok in the past but I liked these lot more ever since DC.
    here is the sample log.

Istanbul
    007 Visits: 3
    Brushes with Death: 6
    Babes Bedded: 2
    Baddies Killed: 2
    Bond’s Hotel of Choice: Pera Palace, Jumeirah $$$

Venice
    Baddies Killed: 2
    Bond’s Hotel of Choice: Cipriani $$$$$

Bahamas
    Brushes with Death: 8
    Babes Bedded: 4
    Baddies Killed: 3
    Bond’s Hotel of Choice: One&Only Ocean Club $$$$

Jamaica
    007 Visits: 2
    Brushes with Death: 14
    Babes Bedded: 4
    Baddies Killed: 6
    Bond’s Hotel of Choice: Couples Sans Souci $$$

Hong Kong
    Baddies Killed: none
    Bond’s Hotel of Choice: Peninsula Hong Kong $$$$

Hotel Pricing Key
    $ Less than $200
    $$ $200 to $350
    $$$ $350 to $500
    $$$$ $500 to $1,000
    $$$$$ More than $1,000
    09-14-13 12:59 PM
    M8 thanks for your analysis, but get some rest! We don't want you getting in trouble with the wifey now!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 01:22 PM
    Thanks Morgan!!
    That's a lot of charts to digest.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 02:44 PM
    The Syria ordeal seems to be over now! may see some lift in equity markets next week
    BBC News - US and Russia agree Syria chemical weapons deal
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-14-13 05:07 PM
113,256 ... 19181919192019211922 ...