View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If this is true We might see a big run pretty soon.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ailers-849184/
    Selling out of their entire stock... totalling 10 BB10 devices.
    09-13-13 07:26 PM
    Hey M8,
    Great to hear from you.
    About your setback, got look on the positive side. This delay might end up being a key factor in the success of the next one. When I look back at low points in my life, they turned out to be critical for achieving what I consider success.
    Stay positive my friend.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:00 PM
    Attention JLagoon!!
    I only have a moment to post this:

Attachment 201424

I believe the pennant looks like this one. We should drop close to $ 10.00/shr on Monday, confirm the support on the uptrend line and rally from here on the fifth leg up. Looks like the same pennant formation as this past Spring, have a look and let me know what you think, gotta go!!
    Hi Morgan:

I have noticed the resemblance for a few days as well. It is quite uncanny; it looks like its mini version. I suppose the questions for us are: Will the market move this SP within the pennant to align it with ER September 27 precisely? Or will Blackberry announce a news sufficient to push the SP out of the pennant prior to ER?

Here is what I have:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-13-8.50.36-pm.jpg
    09-13-13 08:06 PM
    Hi Morgan:

I have noticed the resemblance for a few days as well. It is quite uncanny; it looks like its mini version. I suppose the questions for us are: Will the market move this SP within the pennant to align it with ER September 27 precisely? Or will Blackberry announce a news sufficient to push the SP out of the pennant prior to ER?

Here is what I have:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 8.50.36 PM.jpg 
Views:	922 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	201438
    Ohhh that's just AWESOME!! hahaha... I hope this time, though, that it doesn't drop another 30+% at the end lol
    morganplus8, zyben, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    09-13-13 08:10 PM
    Here's the problem with channels.

I open bbm. I go to channels. How do I find USA Today? There is no obvious search function. And some sort of cryptic 8 character code is unacceptable.

OK, i found search. Which of the two usa today channels do I joib.? Each have zero subscribers. Till I look again to find that the counts changed.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:39 PM
    Here's the problem with channels.

I open bbm. I go to channels. How do I find USA Today? There is no obvious search function. And some sort of cryptic 8 character code is unacceptable.

OK, i found search. Which of the two usa today channels do I joib.? Each have zero subscribers. Till I look again to find that the counts changed.

Posted via CB10
    There's a check mark on the official one. They can make it more obvious but for now, that's how you can tell.
    09-13-13 08:48 PM
    BlackBerry bidders may want to carve up business - sources

Exclusive: BlackBerry bidders may want to carve up business - sources | Reuters
    09-13-13 08:49 PM
    BlackBerry bidders may want to carve up business - sources

Exclusive: BlackBerry bidders may want to carve up business - sources | Reuters
    Was just gonna post. The interesting part:

"Nevertheless, in recent days a few private equity firms have signed confidentiality agreements or have agreed to meetings with the company to gain access to the company's books, the sources said, adding that the sale process was expected to start in a few weeks."

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 08:57 PM
    The TIFF BBM Channel is a great example of channels being used properly. Constant updates for followers, insights, etc.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:01 PM

"Nevertheless, in recent days a few private equity firms have signed confidentiality agreements or have agreed to meetings with the company to gain access to the company's books, the sources said, adding that the sale process was expected to start in a few weeks."

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmm. If the value of all the pieces of BlackBerry to other companies is $11 per share, why bother selling the company at all ?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-13-13 09:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is an interesting quote but what makes me angry about these articles is the fact that even though there's a confidentiality agreement in place, and these firms can clearly not talk about it, he comes to the conclusion that they are only interested in the breakup value as opposed to the whole company.

Now, take this as my own opinion and a plausible scenario. BlackBerry has a chance to turn around and make a profit. Broken up, it has a short term profit for some but the long term is nill in this scenario. If a company buys it, takes on the loss for the short term, a couple of years at worst should it be done right, then they can reap the tax benefits of a losing division within the company. Many companies actually want a losing area to take tax breaks from. It actually makes more money for them than a marginally profitable one. This whole break up scenario is horse **** in my opinion as it doesn't hold value that way. I see them seeing the long term value of the software and patents, holding onto it, and realizing a dominant position in the MDM market moving forward. Sadly, these analysts and "journalists" seem to not understand, that any multi billion dollar company, the kind that would do this kind of deal, would want an advantage moving forward, not a dollar today. They aren't day traders in this arena, they're investors.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 09-13-13 at 09:28 PM.
    09-13-13 09:10 PM
    Hey Lagoon and M+8 where do you guys predict this formation will bring us? Think we will see $15 range in the months ahead?

Thanks!

Hi Morgan:

Here is what I have:

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 8.50.36 PM.jpg 
Views:	922 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	201438
    09-13-13 09:27 PM
    Hey Lagoon and M+8 where do you guys predict this formation will bring us? Think we will see $15 range in the months ahead?

Thanks!
    I'm neither one of those guys but to get to $15 in the near term will require some seriously positive news. In theory we'll hear that news in the next month or two.
    09-13-13 09:54 PM
    Hey Morgan... or anyone else that can answer, I'm still trying to figure out how you came to the price of 4.50 for IMG back in early August. For the life of me I can't figure it out. Would you, or whomever has the knowledge, share?
    09-13-13 10:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought this was the interesting part:

"According to analysts, BlackBerry's assets include a shrinking, yet well-regarded services business that powers its security-focused messaging system, worth $3 billion to $4.5 billion; a collection of patents that could be worth $2 billion to $3 billion; and $3.1 billion in cash and investments.

Even at a conservative estimate, that is more than the company's $5.4 billion market value. Analysts said the smartphones that bear its name have little or no value and it might cost $2 billion to shut the unit that makes them."
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-13-13 10:33 PM

Thanks!
    Hi Slipstream89:

Here's my understanding:
    - If anything, we have the pennant, of which its bottom is being tested as a guide in the next 2 - 3 days.
    - My goal is to see $18, as Abigail Doolittle projects in 3 - 6 month. Is BlackBerry a value play? | Talking Numbers - Yahoo Finance
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-30-3.31.07-pm.png
    - In June, we didn't have anything else other than the ER to move the SP significantly. Now, we have three things: BBM cross platform (supposedly, before ER), September ER, and corporate development result. I didn't take into account the Z30, because I doubt its effect on the SP.
    - Some say that the bid valuation is $15. Morgan calculates $15 - $22. Here's his post: http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post9163209
    - With these three things alone, I think, we have 4 basic combinations. Now, try imagining it with when and how the corporate development result will happen. Will it be before ER or after? Will it be $15 - $22? Will it be lower? Will it be above $24 perhaps?
    BBMx lots of installs + bad ER
    BBMx low installs + bad ER
    BBMx lots of installs + good ER
    BBMx low installs + good ER

How are Blackberry and Prem Watsa going to play this? They know the numbers of September ER. Will they announce a news sufficient to push the stock up? We still have 149 million shorted shares.

Here's my updated short calculation. It estimates $11.33 as the average SP of shorts above $9. The estimated overall short SP, including below $9, is $12.69.

My thinking is that if any Blackberry news or anything at all doesn't move the SP outside of this pennant, in other words, the SP keeps trading within the pennant, until 9/27/2013, then the shorts will stick around to expect bad ER. If there is any Blackberry news that pushes this SP above the pennant, especially above $12, then we will see a steady climb to $18.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-13-11.17.16-pm.jpg
    09-13-13 10:41 PM
    still a risky play. I'm still in myself. but I think folks here underestimate the strength of apple. there is plenty of room in this market for multiple players. but apple is about to launch some very nice phones. and I don't know if bbm will catch on. I will try to get friends with iphones to use it. but I doubt the multi platform version is going to work as well as the current bbm.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    09-13-13 11:26 PM
    still a risky play. I'm still in myself. but I think folks here underestimate the strength of apple. there is plenty of room in this market for multiple players. but apple is about to launch some very nice phones. and I don't know if bbm will catch on. I will try to get friends with iphones to use it. but I doubt the multi platform version is going to work as well as the current bbm.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Hi Jon,

I don't think anyone here actually underestimates Apple, They are a power house who makes a **** ton of money. Sure they haven't actually done anything really new in the last few years, and they actually make an effort to rip off their customers but hey... they make a **** ton of money so it's all good. What I think is the real situation is that most over estimate Apple but it will take a few years for the realization to actualize. As for BBM, there is a HUGE install base of iPhone customers that are ex BlackBerry customers that constantly say the one thing they miss is BBM. I really do believe that it will catch on and quickly.

Sent from my iMac as I'm not an Apple hater but a BlackBerry lover... hmmm... that could be taken wrong....
    rarsen, sidhuk, Randeman and 2 others like this.
    09-14-13 12:18 AM
    Hi, everyone. Was on the road all day today so missed all the fun.

Glad to see your post M+8 - tough luck on the procedure being postponed.

Just my 2 cents... my daughter chose to go to a us university... $32,000 a freaking year ! Could have gone to Ontario school for $8-10,000. You guys are a little bit over the top down there.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    You aren't kidding, and she could very well end up learning things you wish she hadn't, depending on the school.
    09-14-13 12:27 AM
    Hi Slipstream89:

Here's my understanding:
    - If anything, we have the pennant, of which its bottom is being tested as a guide in the next 2 - 3 days.
    - My goal is to see $18, as Abigail Doolittle projects in 3 - 6 month. Is BlackBerry a value play? | Talking Numbers - Yahoo Finance

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-30 at 3.31.07 PM.png 
Views:	1047 
Size:	330.9 KB 
ID:	201459
    - In June, we didn't have anything else other than the ER to move the SP significantly. Now, we have three things: BBM cross platform (supposedly, before ER), September ER, and corporate development result. I didn't take into account the Z30, because I doubt its effect on the SP.
    - Some say that the bid valuation is $15. Morgan calculates $15 - $22. Here's his post: http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post9163209
    - With these three things alone, I think, we have 4 basic combinations. Now, try imagining it with when and how the corporate development result will happen. Will it be before ER or after? Will it be $15 - $22? Will it be lower? Will it be above $24 perhaps?
    BBMx lots of installs + bad ER
    BBMx low installs + bad ER
    BBMx lots of installs + good ER
    BBMx low installs + good ER

How are Blackberry and Prem Watsa going to play this? They know the numbers of September ER. Will they announce a news sufficient to push the stock up? We still have 149 million shorted shares.

Here's my updated short calculation. It estimates $11.33 as the average SP of shorts above $9. The estimated overall short SP, including below $9, is $12.69.

My thinking is that if any Blackberry news or anything at all doesn't move the SP outside of this pennant, in other words, the SP keeps trading within the pennant, until 9/27/2013, then the shorts will stick around to expect bad ER. If there is any Blackberry news that pushes this SP above the pennant, especially above $12, then we will see a steady climb to $18.

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 11.17.16 PM.jpg 
Views:	1048 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	201466
    LOL just watched the CNBC Video... He calls the Z10 a B10.... WHAT IN THE... OMG
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-14-13 01:18 AM
    You aren't kidding, and she could very well end up learning things you wish she hadn't, depending on the school.
    Like one of those crazy American accents eh?
    09-14-13 07:23 AM
    Like one of those crazy American accents eh?
    For my work I use the letter Z often, got people really confused every time I said zed. Now I just say zee.

But I think accents should be the least of your worries for your daughter.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing, bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    09-14-13 07:56 AM
    a BlackBerry lover... hmmm... that could be taken wrong....
    One time I took my young Asian PhD student to coffee, after she ordered her flavor she mumbled "I like it black and strong". I asked if she had heard that expression before and if she was aware of alternative interpretations. I think that she is still embarrassed about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 08:07 AM
    I really hate to go off topic, but can't let this one go.
    REALLY? You are blaming a government program designed to help kids get educated and paralleled it with the sub-prime housing bubble designed and conducted by shady bankers?
    FYI, the student loan program in Canada is far more generous than the US, yet tuition fees in Canadian universities are about one tenth of the US.
    I know nothing of Canada, but in the US, university costs are rising. In fact, in the last 5 years, they've gone up 27%. Do you have any idea what percentage of US college fees is personnel? On average, 75%. Now, couple the fact with rising tuition, free credit, and a crappy job market, you've got a recipe for disaster.

I have plenty of experience around research. My Dad, a PhD in Organic Chemistry, did research for 30+ years, for a private firm. And yes, my blanket statement earlier was wrong. There are places where Uncle Sam should invest in research, so I apologize for the broad brush.
    OMGitworks and plasmid_boy like this.
    09-14-13 08:17 AM
    Looks like you can cross Dell off your list.
    We're focused on enterprise, not mobile phones: Michael Dell
    Michael Dell was on CNBC with Maria Bartiromo yesterday afternoon. She tried really hard to convince him to buy a mobile company. He's dead set against it.
    09-14-13 08:21 AM
113,250 ... 19171918191919201921 ...