Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Only 1000 shares at 10.43 per share.

Posted via CB10

Edit: this was a response to SF's question that seems to have disappeared.
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-13-13 06:07 AM
    Everything they have touched has turned to waste and ruin. Just look at our union run educational system!
    This is simply misinformed!
    I attended public schools in Canada, top university there, as well as private ones in the US, top in the world. My kids now attend public elementary school in the US, they are even better than private schools.

Quality in Canada is more uniform, but the good ones in US are just as good. I am teaching graduate and medical students and I believe that we provide education that is second to none. But maybe you know better than I do?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:26 AM
    better to look for the positives, apparently it is not free to live in some of the best countries in the world. you can focus on the price to pay, or you can focus on the positives of living in some of the best countries. what is the alternative? Syria, Russia etc?
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-13-13 06:35 AM

Posted via CB10

lol, orders poped while posting
    09-13-13 06:35 AM
    better to look for the positives, apparently it is not free to live in some of the best countries in the world. you can focus on the price to pay, or you can focus on the positives of living in some of the best countries. what is the alternative? Syria, Russia etc?
    [OT]
    Try France ?
    Free* schools up to the highest grades
    Free* medical care
    Free* social minimum revenue

* = Free for those who cannot afford it. Others pay in incomes and salaries taxes.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-13-13 at 08:07 AM.
    plasmid_boy, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-13-13 06:39 AM
    Dead silence in the pre-market...

Only 1000 shares gone so far and zero movement on the SP.

Calm before the storm?
    09-13-13 06:40 AM

Calm before the storm?
    Just a Friday...

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-13-13 06:44 AM

Posted via CB10

Calm before the storm?
    Yup, something's weird. Was watching since 4AM N.Y time. Usually we have some bids really early.
    I believe "flies choosed another donkey" ... what was that rant about the timing ?
    09-13-13 06:44 AM
    Budget for my lab has been cut 20%. Some labs have shutdown and some have moved to other countries. I hear people screaming for cutting back government spending, but I don't think they knew that by doing so they were killing labs like mine, and in the process killing the country's advantage in intellectual property. Look up an article in NYT regarding the state of research in our country. Countries like China are greeting people like me with a bag of cash so many good people have gone that way. Next time you demand for cuts, please keep in mind that you are effectively pushing people like me to move to another country.

Posted via CB10
    The government has no business in R&D. That should be the private sector.

My wife is a teacher in a US school. It ain't the unions, it's the parents.
    09-13-13 07:05 AM
    Sorry I don't have a subscription for the full article.

787 tests the mettle of Boeing's chief engineer

by: Steve Creedy
    September 13, 2013 12:00AM
    Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

FORMER Boeing 787 chief project engineer Mike Sinnett's BlackBerry became the stuff of aviation legend after it was revealed it went off every time a Boeing 787 fault developed anywhere in the world.

Nor was it just faults. Any maintenance message that led to a flight-deck status advisory, caution or warning message, as well as take-off and landing data, flooded through the phone.
    09-13-13 07:13 AM
    Hey bungaboy,

As it may be a slow Friday, I include a photo for general interest. Was at a work related Banquet given in the Boeing Museum in Seattle some years ago, would be curious to know what would be the cellphone Brand of choice at Boeing? Main speaker was one of the 12 astronauts having walked on the moon. Many pleasant memories.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-wed-1276-8w0b1133_lrg.jpg

Enjoy the weekend as we wait for news.
    Last edited by rarsen; 09-13-13 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Extra information
    09-13-13 07:45 AM
    Watching the Misek interview and he continues to be a bull for the right reasons, like many of us here (services, network, BBM). The really question is, will investors believe in the same things?

Watch this as well and see how disappointed the interviewer is over Misek's commentary on Apple. He's spot on.

http://watch.bnn.ca/#clip1000642
    Last edited by leafs123; 09-13-13 at 08:06 AM.
    09-13-13 07:55 AM
    Budget for my lab has been cut 20%. Some labs have shutdown and some have moved to other countries. I hear people screaming for cutting back government spending, but I don't think they knew that by doing so they were killing labs like mine, and in the process killing the country's advantage in intellectual property. Look up an article in NYT regarding the state of research in our country. Countries like China are greeting people like me with a bag of cash so many good people have gone that way. Next time you demand for cuts, please keep in mind that you are effectively pushing people like me to move to another country.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear this. Do not know what you lab does but the private sector has the image of a "shrimp on a treadmill" when it comes to our government spending. I still think that if the money was spent "wisely" you lab would may have been cut. Spending "wisely" is not the intention of the current administration. They want to make it hurt for the non-government/union people.
    09-13-13 08:03 AM
    GREEN !
    ... but what a dismal number of trades ! (I'm glad to use dismal in this context lol)
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-13-13 08:06 AM
    This is simply misinformed!
    I attended public schools in Canada, top university there, as well as private ones in the US, top in the world. My kids now attend public elementary school in the US, they are even better than private schools.

Quality in Canada is more uniform, but the good ones in US are just as good. I am teaching graduate and medical students and I believe that we provide education that is second to none. But maybe you know better than I do?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but the facts that I see show the opposite. We spend so much for poor results. Now the price for college is so inflated most will be saddled with debt for most of their working life. If this was done right, the cost of college should have gone down with this recession but not with our government running the programs.

enough of this as this IS a Blackberry Forum.
    09-13-13 08:07 AM
    The government has no business in R&D. That should be the private sector.
    Off topic, but just wanted to comment quickly so that readers here are not mislead.
    Most of life altering discoveries are made by government funded academic research labs at Universities around the world, not by private companies. Look at the people awarded Nobel prizes for discoveries that changed the world. Most of them run a government funded research lab. Next time you walk into a hospital, try to find a single piece of technology or drug that was not first discovered in a government funded lab. Perhaps it's easier to relate if you ask who funded the invention of the internet? How about the CCD chip that enables your camera to take pictures. I can tell you with 100% confidence that if the US loses it's academic research it will no longer be competitive.

BTW, why don't you go to any innovative private sector and ask them if they would like the government to stop funding research. I am a consultant for a few pharmaceutical companies. They all rely heavy on academic discoveries.
    09-13-13 08:16 AM
    Sorry but the facts that I see show the opposite. We spend so much for poor results. Now the price for college is so inflated most will be saddled with debt for most of their working life. If this was done right, the cost of college should have gone down with this recession but not with our government running the programs.

enough of this as this IS a Blackberry Forum.
    NO, that is not true. The highest tuition fees and the biggest increases over the past couple years were made at private universities, not government funded universities (although they also increased some).
    bungaboy, Reed Richards and sidhuk like this.
    09-13-13 08:23 AM
    NO, that is not true. The highest tuition fees and the biggest increases over the past couple years were made at private universities, not government funded universities (although they also increased some).
    Sorry to not agree. I see this as the next "housing" crisis as many of the students think that these loans will be forgiven. Without the ability to get a job the taxpayer will be expected to cover this growing debt that is already over a trillion dollars. I see little worth even saving in our current educational system.

BBRY was green in PM but stumbled at 9:30. Fridays are seldom good.
    danprown likes this.
    09-13-13 08:30 AM
    Wow look at that volume
    09-13-13 08:41 AM
    Greetings,

A friend of mine who works with Shared services Canada, confirmed they were well on their way of testing and assessing the BB10 platform, and that acceptance was coming soon.
    Don't take this as official news, but it is what it is so I thought I would share. Most of the people I know working as public servants in Canada are still on the Torch or the bold, and they cannot wait to get the Q10.
    rarsen, bungaboy, m0de25 and 12 others like this.
    09-13-13 08:54 AM
    So Misek "talked" to the NSA and "pressed them hard" and now thinks BBRY is NSA proof!
    Straight out of The Onion - America's Finest News Source...

BlackBerry's NSA Proof encryption :
    CBC News - BlackBerry's 'NSA-proof' encryption a valuable asset for buyers

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:00 AM
    Looks like you can cross Dell off your list.
    We're focused on enterprise, not mobile phones: Michael Dell

Tuition rose at 2-3x the rate of inflation for many years because of the "free" and "easy" money provided for by government guaranteed student loans. It is EXACTLY like the housing bubble. Flood the market with cash, prey on unsuspecting buyers, give them credit and poof, the price goes way up. Wash, rinse, repeat. JMHO....
    danprown and raysgrumpy like this.
    09-13-13 09:01 AM
    Anyone smarter than me care to express an opinion on Lessons Learned from the Dell privatization experience, which could be of benefit to BB investors:
    Dell cleared to go private for $24.9B after shareholders vote in favor of deal | ZDNet
    Reed Richards, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-13-13 09:03 AM
    Interesting interview with Misek.

I agree sell off the handset business, license the OS, and keep the NOC. Develop software for enterprises and mobile.

Come on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:27 AM
    Anyone smarter than me care to express an opinion on Lessons Learned from the Dell privatization experience, which could be of benefit to BB investors:
    Dell cleared to go private for $24.9B after shareholders vote in favor of deal | ZDNet
    Pretty sure I'm not smarter than you, but the Dell deal makes me nervous with my BBRY. Michael Dell and the Dell BOD pretty much forced the deal on the share holders.
    09-13-13 09:33 AM
113,250 ... 19131914191519161917 ...