View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yes, we really need some level headed discussion instead of all the cheer-leading and then a reality check.
    I expect sell-through will be extremely low, given the channel filling done before end of last quarter. I am expecting shipment of combined BB10 handsets of 2 millions max, includes Z10, Q10 and Q5. There will likely be a good chunks of loss and share dumping on the day. Eventually though, what matter is the offered buy-out price, which I think will be around 12~14 realistically.
    the truth is nobody knows what is going to happen, so without facts in hand everything is speculation. hard to discuss that. all you can do is place your bets.
    09-12-13 02:56 PM
    Looks like DELL is finally going private!

Dell holders approve CEO's privatization plan - MarketWatch

Doesn't this kind of eliminate DELL as a bidder for BBRY?
    Also opens up Ichan's cash for some BBRY play...
    09-12-13 03:04 PM
    I'm going to agree with Gregg here and say we DO need to discuss this now so folks have time to digest all the news and data before the ER. Folks need time to set a plan that matches their risk level and expectation/beliefs. It's not negativity, rather weighing all our options. Much of the conversations going on right now sound sooooo familiar right up to the last ER and then we were crapping our pants. Some good people left the thread after that. Nothing wrong with talking about this so everyone has the news, data, and the support from great people here on this thread that can help us amateurs digest all this.
    You bet I'll be on these boards non stop during the week of the ER. I have a pretty hefty paper loss, which was deteriorating when it hit 12 on the TSX, but now back to the usual...

The only thing that I disagree with in your statement is that last ER was opposite from my POV... Everyone was getting geared for a short squeeze due to the media coverage and 'sell outs of the Q10'.
    Randeman, bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    09-12-13 03:04 PM
    So three months ago TH announced increase in production and there were even some analcysts who confirmed some longer term commitment with component manufactures. If memory serves they were already at two million a month Nd that was before that news of an increase. Then two months ago Pack rest and Faucette said whoa...they reduced production, then Jeffries sid yes, looks like they reduced by 10%...then a month ago Jeffries again said looks like a 10% reduction.

So. ..(my head hurts), is it 10% off an increased 2mm bringing them back to 2 mm per month?

I believe I'm correct with the timeline above but by all means correct me if I'm wrong...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    09-12-13 03:11 PM
    The situation leading up to the earnings report remindes me of that classic game theory situation, the prisoner's dilemma.

BBRY longs are playing a multiplayer prisoner's dilemma right now. Most are fearing or expecting a stock price drop around the earnings report. Let's take a look at the two strategies, cooperate or defect.

Cooperate: Hold (or Buy) BBRY. If every player cooperates, then the stock will keep rising and everyone wins.
    Defect: Sell BBRY. If enough players defect and sell their shares, the stock will start moving down. The sellers get a payoff and the holders lose.

Game theory says that the optimal strategy is for every player to defect and buy in again after the E.R. This is really a fascinating time, as someone said ****s going to get interesting.
    m0de25 and fedakd like this.
    09-12-13 03:22 PM
    for those #HALO folks.

TD Ameritrade
    plasmid_boy, m0de25 and fedakd like this.
    09-12-13 03:23 PM
    Icahn very publicly invested more in Apple today.
    09-12-13 03:28 PM
    He's been buying up APPL like a mofo
    09-12-13 03:30 PM
    I've read a few articles that many in the industry now expect MS to become a pretty strong 3rd place platform, and most of their growth is expected to come out of Android pieces of the pie. Most think that Apple users are to loyal and entrenched in the full ecosystem (apps & content). Whereas Android is seen more as a commodity item that can just be throw away and replaced by what ever is new. Apple "might" be a smart buy... but if all of this is really true I'd think MS would be a much better buy.
    09-12-13 03:37 PM
    welll back in Feb when we surprised by 178.57% we actually went red lol sooo even if we manage to pull of a miracle we wont see a pop on ER
    Kid Vibe and fedakd like this.
    09-12-13 03:38 PM
    He's been buying up APPL like a mofo
    In poker we call that a "tilt". Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 03:41 PM
    I don't think this has been posted.

We need articles like this on every tech site. Retweets in the 100 millions. Get BBM from 60M to 200M in 30 days.

http://www.firstpost.com/tech/what-b...-1098791.html#
    09-12-13 03:43 PM
    I've read a few articles that many in the industry now expect MS to become a pretty strong 3rd place platform, and most of their growth is expected to come out of Android pieces of the pie. Most think that Apple users are to loyal and entrenched in the full ecosystem (apps & content). Whereas Android is seen more as a commodity item that can just be throw away and replaced by what ever is new. Apple "might" be a smart buy... but if all of this is really true I'd think MS would be a much better buy.
    We will see. Yes apple users are loyal, but I think a LOT of them wanted a 4.5 - 5" iPhone 5S.

This release by Apple might let people move on to 'bigger' and better things.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-12-13 03:44 PM
    Never mind then.... I tried... See ya'll later, I need to think things over.
    ccbs likes this.
    09-12-13 03:46 PM
    the truth is nobody knows what is going to happen, so without facts in hand everything is speculation. hard to discuss that. all you can do is place your bets.
    THIS!!!^^^^^
    ibpluto, sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-12-13 04:34 PM
    So how 'bout that gold price today. Anyone got any thoughts as to if/when we hit bottom here?
    09-12-13 04:57 PM
    All I can add is you have to do what is correct for you, does not matter what someone says...if it turns out wrong there will be hard feelings (which there should never be, but).
    As far as I can tell all the rumors, good and bad, have been discussed here...guidence was cash burn and slight loss.

The only thing I can see them saving for a bit of a surprise is If they release BBMX before ER they could say "hey we have a had X amount of downloads...if huge that might be a surprise which could effect stock price.

Just my two cents ...Platinum nutstcles.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 05:00 PM
    So how 'bout that gold price today. Anyone got any thoughts as to if/when we hit bottom here?
    I still can't believe it's over 1200 lol

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 05:02 PM
    I still can't believe it's over 1200 lol

Posted via CB10
    lol Well it's on a b-line back down there it seems. $100 lost in the last in the last 2 weeks.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-12-13 05:05 PM
    09-12-13 05:06 PM
    I find this very suspicious, even a bit weird.

I could understand if X BBM was already available, but it is not even here yet and Samsung is already on board and spending money on it . That speaks volumes...both about the value of BBM, and who one of BlackBerry's suitors may be.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-12-13 05:10 PM
    I find this very suspicious, even a bit weird.

I could understand if X BBM was already available, but it is not even here yet and Samsung is already on board. That speaks volumes...

Yes that they think bbry is getting out of hardware.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    09-12-13 05:12 PM
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stor...itter-ipo.html

Twitter ipo!

Perfect timing for us to value BBM !

09-12-13 05:26 PM
    lol Well it's on a b-line back down there it seems. $100 lost in the last in the last 2 weeks.
    This news may help. India's gold consumption festival is in November this year.
    India Hikes Gold Import Duties To Record 10 Percent As It Struggles With Record Trade Deficit
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    09-12-13 05:28 PM
    Twitter files a s-1 to go public.

Depending on where it's valued, they are going to have some serious cash to take on FB as well as grow the business.

FB has north of 1bn people
    Twitter has 200mm

I'm wondering how BBM Channels will be able to compete with a smaller user base and less cash to deploy in the ever increasingly competitive social media space.

BBRY needs to get into bed with a deep pocketed lover and soon.
    leafs123 likes this.
    09-12-13 05:32 PM
113,256 ... 19101911191219131914 ...