View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There isn't going to be a new tablet under this regime - simply too big of a risk for them.
    Passive peripheral is the "bigger screen " thing we should see, and I hope sooner than later. Btw could very well be OEM... Partnership ? (just saying)

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-12-13 11:02 AM
    In the meantime: who's the only green on my screen ?
    *dancing*

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000984.png

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Randeman, m0de25, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    09-12-13 11:07 AM
    I really hope there is an announcement before earnings about partnership/buy out or I cant stomach holding through earnings because we are know there will be a loss followed by another huge dump. I don't think 10.2 release
    or bbm release will or Z30 release will hold the stock price when bad earnings come out. Thoughts?
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    09-12-13 11:08 AM
    I really hope there is an announcement before earnings about partnership/buy out or I cant stomach holding through earnings because we are know there will be a loss followed by another huge dump. I don't think 10.2 release
    or bbm release will or Z30 release will hold the stock price when bad earnings come out. Thoughts?
    We are two weeks away and lots of details to sort out on their end. I highly doubt we'll be hearing anything at all aside from cross platform BBM. They have only just recently approached the government and we all know how efficient government bodies are so hunker down and get comfortable as it will be a bit of ride yet.

Of course I could be wrong and things get moving quickly but even then.... the rumours that got out stated "by November" so still lots of time for things to play out.
    Randeman, lcjr, m0de25 and 2 others like this.
    09-12-13 11:14 AM
    From Bloomberg:

*QUEBEC'S CAISSE DOING ITS RESEARCH ON BLACKBERRY, LESCURE SAYS
    09-12-13 11:24 AM
    *quebec's caisse open to opportunities on blackberry: Lescure
    09-12-13 11:25 AM
    Members have been saying BB is going to announce something tomorrow... Not sure what, probably XBBM?
    Hopefully! I heard TODAY was xBBM release date....maybe this aft? if not tomorrow to hold off options friday bears.
    By Stefanie Batcho-Lino

Sept. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec is doing research on BlackBerry, just like other Canadian cos. in its universe, CIO Roland Lescure says at Bloomberg’s Canadian Fixed Income conf. in N.Y.

• Doesn’t have anything specific with BlackBerry on the table
    • Also favors boring Coca-Cola over Apple
    • Likes infrastructure financing in fixed income
    • Interest rates challenging
    • Caisse prepared to give up liquidity for extra returns
    • Canada too boring to short
    • Bonds’ share in Caisse portfolio will probably decline
    • Sees in 5 yrs that share of fixed-income assets not going to be bigger than today
    fedakd likes this.
    In the meantime: who's the only green on my screen ?
    *dancing*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000984.png 
Views:	516 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	200983

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    Sorry you are not doing good as they are all red now.

Alpha has also posted a negative article on the Z30 but I will not post it as I do not want to be negative.
    09-12-13 11:27 AM
    Hopefully! I heard TODAY was xBBM release date....maybe this aft? if not tomorrow to hold off options friday bears.
    Unfortunately I don't think that we'll be getting it today. I'm not sure where or how the rumour of today release got started.
    09-12-13 11:27 AM
    Just my reasoning, but I'll sell two days before the ER. My current average is $15.10 so even if the SP goes up at or after the ER, I can still buy back in and at a lower SP which will still lower my average. There is no way (IMO) there will be any squeeze type spike at ER, so I can always buy back in at or lower than $15.10. This is all in the assumption we don't get any confirmed news before the ER. My plans will change if we do.
    09-12-13 11:40 AM
    From Bloomberg:

*QUEBEC'S CAISSE DOING ITS RESEARCH ON BLACKBERRY, LESCURE SAYS
    Huh

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 11:42 AM
    Since TH and most media have low expectations for ER, I don't think a bad ER will have that much of an impact.

I don't even know what to say anymore...

http://business.financialpost.com/20...et-blackberry/

AT&T used a picture of the twin towers via a Z10 device. It obviously faced tons of backlash due to people citing this as a poor taste product placement add... Hopefully they realized BB had nothing to do with it... Jeeeeeeeeze how ****ed up is this going to get.
    09-12-13 11:51 AM
    Since TH and most media have low expectations for ER, I don't think a bad ER will have that much of an impact.
    Maybe. But if Q10, Q5, and Z10 sales numbers are revealed, and if they are as bad as many think, it will reinforce the idea that the BB10 platform has failed.
    09-12-13 11:57 AM
    That would be nice, but you might want to re-think that. At least monitor the media starting three days out from the ER while watching the SP react. This is no normal stock here, but the Blackberry these people hate. Just sayin...
    09-12-13 11:59 AM
    Huh

Posted via CB10
    It's a Bloomberg flash headline related to BBRY that crossed the wire. Often times its just a blurb before the full news article is posted.
    09-12-13 11:59 AM
    Just my reasoning, but I'll sell two days before the ER. My current average is $15.10 so even if the SP goes up at or after the ER, I can still buy back in and at a lower SP which will still lower my average. There is no way (IMO) there will be any squeeze type spike at ER, so I can always buy back in at or lower than $15.10. This is all in the assumption we don't get any confirmed news before the ER. My plans will change if we do.
    I am not sure you can lower your average is you sell before E.R. say at 12$, and buy back in at 14$. If anything, your average will go up since you will have to include the first loss made when selling at 12$, and then factor in the transaction fees on top of the SP at the time .
    09-12-13 12:06 PM
    I am not sure you can lower your average is you sell before E.R. say at 12$, and buy back in at 14$. If anything, your average will go up since you will have to include the first loss made when selling at 12$, and then factor in the transaction fees on top of the SP at the time .
    I'm going with the concept of buying back in at a lower SP which will increase my share count. (Example: 362 to 301 depending). My transaction fees are only $8.95 per. Also, I'm counting on the SP NOT rising. Oh, I wouldn't even be concidering this if I didn't want to increase my shares.

Edit: But that's enough about the selling stuff, we're still two weeks away.
    09-12-13 12:13 PM
    I'm sitting here watching Amazing Race Canada online and it's chock full of BlackBerry commercials. I feel like I'm back in Clockwork Orange and my eyes are forced to watch 'cause its online and can't be avoided. I'm already committed. Got the Z10, PlayBook and a shipload of shares. Hope others are watching online too.

Posted via CB10
    Viddy well my little droogie.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    09-12-13 12:19 PM
    Here's another breath of fresh air for you all.

BlackBerry Messaging service is hot
    Author doesn't mince his words:

One of the foremost concerns of this author is the privacy of communication and its security of transmission. It cannot be stressed enough that using an Android/ iOS based handset is akin to leave the digital doors open. These useless platforms do nothing to inspire confidence and are merely glorified electronics to tinker with for the masses.
    Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    09-12-13 12:20 PM
    By Stefanie Batcho-Lino

Sept. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec is doing research on BlackBerry, just like other Canadian cos. in its universe, CIO Roland Lescure says at Bloomberg’s Canadian Fixed Income conf. in N.Y.

• Doesn’t have anything specific with BlackBerry on the table
    • Also favors boring Coca-Cola over Apple
    • Likes infrastructure financing in fixed income
    • Interest rates challenging
    • Caisse prepared to give up liquidity for extra returns
    • Canada too boring to short
    • Bonds’ share in Caisse portfolio will probably decline
    • Sees in 5 yrs that share of fixed-income assets not going to be bigger than today
    Canada too boring to short? go tell the BB shorters
    Bugmapper likes this.
    09-12-13 12:21 PM
    Maybe. But if Q10, Q5, and Z10 sales numbers are revealed, and if they are as bad as many think, it will reinforce the idea that the BB10 platform has failed.
    They are no longer breaking figures down between the two OS's or reporting Sub's...

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 12:36 PM
    They are no longer breaking figures down between the two OS's or reporting Sub's...

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure about the non splitting of the OS numbers? I didn't hear that one before. Even if it's so, they will be asked in the q&a following.
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-12-13 12:45 PM
    Are you sure about the non splitting of the OS numbers? I didn't hear that one before. Even if it's so, they will be asked in the q&a following.
    Pretty sure...know I have read it somewhere. If they don't report break down in the ER they likely won't discus in the call either....I would hope anyway.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 12:48 PM

I don't even know what to say anymore...

AT&T apologizes for 9/11 commemorative tweet that featured a BlackBerry Z10 after getting Twitter-shamed | Financial Post

AT&T used a picture of the twin towers via a Z10 device. It obviously faced tons of backlash due to people citing this as a poor taste product placement add... Hopefully they realized BB had nothing to do with it... Jeeeeeeeeze how ****ed up is this going to get.
    I respectively do not agree. The only reason the BBRY is where it is today is in hopes of a sale. BBRY goes up and down with even the slightest news or rumor of a sale. If the ER is bad and I do not see how it could be any other way, the chances of a sale or what the stockholders would be offered would not be pretty. I know there are many who swear that they will be here to the very end but there is no wisdom in going down with the ship. I know the life boats are not as nice but it beats swimming.
    09-12-13 12:48 PM
113,256 ... 19081909191019111912 ...