View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Kind of neat out of the box thinking...

Don't know how feasible it is, but it's the sort of thing that BB (and competitors) need to dream up, especially in this ever so demanding market that gravitates from "game changer" to "game changer"
    cjcampbell, lcjr, Chris2J and 6 others like this.
    09-12-13 09:31 AM
    ever since the risk on, risk off markets diversification is really hard to realize
    I agree and stocks change too. I held GE forever and during the Jack years it split and doubled an dpaid dividends and was a huge winner in the 90's. A manufacturing company - right? Well as GE mortgage and GE Capital became hot and a larger and larger part of GE, it traded more like a bank and less like a manufacturing company. I was unaware of that so I though I held one type of company when in fact it was and traded like a Bank and got punished, badly in the financial crisis. It takes vigilance and for me, a little professional help, to stay up to date and truly diversified. We might see the same thing with BBRY which may trade more like a software company and not a handset maker in the future.
    09-12-13 09:40 AM
    i think your delivery of the message might need some upgrading
    You are more than welcome to do so.
    09-12-13 09:41 AM
    I am very sorry but all of my posts have not been negative. I will post both sides of my opinion on BBRY. This is what these forums are supposed to be like. I still love Blackberry and wish them no harm but I refuse to ONLY cut and paste the good stuff while dogging out the bad news.

People can post good news and the are 20 "like" and "thanks" posted within minutes! It reminds me of Sea World with the seals all "clapping" for fish. Have a member post a negative fact, and there are plenty, they are jumped on and scored with the ignore button and called trolls!

Forums are "supposed" to have both sides of the story, no matter how painful that seems to be.

I will always consider many of you as friends no matter what is said here, my skin is very thick.
    Sure, but you have not provided opinion of any value that is worth reading.
    Comments such as "so we can no longer blame the shorts" or "looks like another buying opportunity" offer zero value and they are not even opinions, they are simply cheap shots that do nothing but provide annoyance.
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 09-12-13 at 10:01 AM.
    I really should have kept my nokia stocks after that 30% pop. arg
    Plasmid, Gregg, I *think* we get it. Thanks.
    Some more music ?
    09-12-13 09:43 AM
    Sorry if posted already.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): The Z30 And Phablet Market Could Be BlackBerry's Savior - Seeking Alpha

P.S: Add salt (almost) everywhere.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-12-13 09:48 AM
    Hope I don't get shot here, but I'm still wanting Blackberry to come out with a new tablet to go with their Z30. Would be cool if they brought those two devices out at the same time. lol. Love my Playbook, but want something a bit bigger.
    FastLane228 likes this.
    09-12-13 09:53 AM
    Hope I don't get shot here, but I'm still wanting Blackberry to come out with a new tablet to go with their Z30. Would be cool if they brought those two devices out at the same time. lol. Love my Playbook, but want something a bit bigger.
    that would be cool, I use my playbook much more than my surface normally. it's just easier for me to carry around and hook up to a TV etc. I do bring my surface when I need to get work done though on vacation etc. in fact, that' the only time I even fire up the Surface, lol
    lcjr likes this.
    09-12-13 09:58 AM
    There isn't going to be a new tablet under this regime - simply too big of a risk for them.
    cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    09-12-13 09:59 AM
    I agree with you. They need something for that part of the ecosystem.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    Just dreaming, but I wish that they make a software that turns the existing Playbook into a dumb tablet that tethers with BB10 phones. I have four Playbooks that are collecting dust (even with the new update) LOL...
    OMGitworks, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-12-13 10:00 AM
    Sure, but you have not provided opinion of any value that is worth reading.
    Commends such as "so we can no longer blame the shorts" or "looks like another buying opportunity" offer zero value and they are not even opinions, they are simply cheap shots that do nothing but provide annoyance.
    99% of the posts are like that but hide behind TA.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 10:02 AM
    There isn't going to be a new tablet under this regime - simply too big of a risk for them.
    A solid phablets or a dumb tablet would suffice.

They'll probably just be selling reference designs to Samsung, hence the lobbying for permission to sell their hardware division to a Foreign company.

If I had to guess the possible outcome, the company will be split in half. The hardware division will be sold to Samsung for a few billion, including licensing their hardware patents. Prem and the pension funds will take the software half of the company private.
    09-12-13 10:04 AM
    Looks like DELL is finally going private!

Dell holders approve CEO's privatization plan - MarketWatch

Doesn't this kind of eliminate DELL as a bidder for BBRY?
    lcjr likes this.
    09-12-13 10:04 AM

Seeing as they had to get financing for the deal, I don't see them getting even more to make a bid for BlackBerry.
    09-12-13 10:12 AM
    A solid phablets or a dumb tablet would suffice.

They'll probably just be selling reference designs to Samsung, hence the lobbying for permission to sell their hardware division to a Foreign company.

If I had to guess the possible outcome, the company will be split in half. The hardware division will be sold to Samsung for a few billion, including licensing their hardware patents. Prem and the pension funds will take the software half of the company private.
    All Samsung requires is the design patents for that - the actual hardware division and staff worthless to Samsung

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-12-13 10:12 AM

"They will be paid $13.75 per share, an increase from the original offer, as well as an additional cash dividend of $0.13 per share, for a total of $13.88 per share, according to Thursday’s announcement."
    09-12-13 10:13 AM
    All Samsung requires is the design patents for that - the actual hardware division and staff worthless to Samsung

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    Unless one of the terms of the partnership is that Samsung buys up BBRY's hardware division.

Why leave a business partner hanging with a hardware division that'll have to continue to try to compete?
    09-12-13 10:15 AM
    This is from an analyst (Misek) so take it for what it's worth:

Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall

Microsoft likely bidder for BlackBerry due to government contracts and security concerns over Chinese bidder
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    09-12-13 10:22 AM
    "They will be paid $13.75 per share, an increase from the original offer, as well as an additional cash dividend of $0.13 per share, for a total of $13.88 per share, according to Thursday’s announcement."
    And Dell is trading at $13.86 right now, which is slightly down from when the bid to go private was announced. Not even a hint of a "premium".
    09-12-13 10:24 AM
    Seriously? 10% in the past two days on no significant news?!
    Rumour: Fairfax is close to putting together funding from pension funds - stock rallies 10%
    Rumour: Fairfax is getting little traction with pension funds to put together offer - stock delines 10%

Now we need BBM-X and 10.2 to keep some momentum...

Even better GOC gives clear rules on what blackberry assets can be sold to who/what conditions.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-12-13 10:33 AM
    This is from an analyst (Misek) so take it for what it's worth:

Stock Market & Financial Investment News: Educated Investors Get Live Stock Market News Feeds & Alerts at The Fly On the Wall

Microsoft likely bidder for BlackBerry due to government contracts and security concerns over Chinese bidder
    Yep, a couple of us here brought that up a while back. That would be interesting indeed. I can "almost" guarantee that the U.S. would immediately drop BB and seek another service if a Chinese corporation bought into the software division.
    09-12-13 10:44 AM
    And Dell is trading at $13.86 right now, which is slightly down from when the bid to go private was announced. Not even a hint of a "premium".
    I think this was a pretty good buy right now.... yes the PC market is declining. But I know of several companies that still have old Windows XP machines that are planning to upgrade in the coming months as XP update are dropped. I think Dell is a little like BB, they really need to focus on enterprise and providing IT departments with all of their equipment needs.
    09-12-13 10:57 AM
113,256 ... 19071908190919101911 ...