• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    For those that are following AMD.

http://allthingsd.com/20130911/amd-d...ors-500-index/
    lcjr and leafs123 like this.
    09-12-13 04:32 AM
    Looks like short interest in BBRY has dropped. Now it is 149,143,958 (settlement date: 8/30/13, just reported), down from 152,899,981 (settlement date: 8/15/13).

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    09-12-13 04:56 AM
    It was rumoured that 10.2 would be available to carriers or something like that today.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 06:46 AM
    So what does this mean? Will its shares still be traded on the Nasdq?
    09-12-13 07:17 AM
    So what does this mean? Will its shares still be traded on the Nasdq?
    Any index funds that mimic the s&p 500 will now start dropping AMD from their portfolios

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    09-12-13 07:24 AM
    I love that about this thread, speaking of which.

Also I should let everyone know that I've started putting together a forum for us to start chatting about other leads. Just working on getting a url and hosting secured and we should be good to go. I'll keep people posted as I get closer to having it ready for launch

Posted via CB10
    Cheers to you sir. Definitely share the link when its ready =D
    09-12-13 07:48 AM
    Looks like short interest in BBRY has dropped. Now it is 149,143,958 (settlement date: 8/30/13, just reported), down from 152,899,981 (settlement date: 8/15/13).

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    Does this mean we no longer can blame the shorts?
    09-12-13 07:57 AM
    No but it means your getting annoying.
    Maybe take a read of forum rules about provocative posts?
    Maybe start a bashing thread?
    Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 07:59 AM
    No but it means your getting annoying.
    Maybe take a read of forum rules about provocative posts?
    Maybe start a bashing thread?
    Posted via CB10
    why would somebody love to play a wet blanket?
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-12-13 08:02 AM
    So apparently, all the good iOS apps that users paid for already are going to have new, separate paid versions for their iOS 7 editions. They will need to pay again for the app to get the redesigned iOS 7 version. Apple gets 30% cut from the apps.

I'd be really upset as a user by this.
    sidhuk and FastLane228 like this.
    09-12-13 08:06 AM
    So apparently, all the good iOS apps that users paid for already are going to have new, separate paid versions for their iOS 7 editions. They will need to pay again for the app to get the redesigned iOS 7 version. Apple gets 30% cut from the apps.

Lol...seriously?

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    09-12-13 08:12 AM
    Lol...seriously?

Posted via CB10
    Seriously. Read the tweets below.

https://twitter.com/dcseifert
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-12-13 08:16 AM

Source?
    09-12-13 08:16 AM
    Seriously. Read the tweets below.

https://twitter.com/dcseifert
    Interesting....kinda thought that would be the case.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 08:19 AM
    Source?
    See above. Verge reporter.
    09-12-13 08:20 AM
    Brutal but makes sense. Pretty sure that's up to the developers, they want to be compensated for the time they are spending rebuilding the applications.
    09-12-13 08:20 AM
    09-12-13 08:22 AM
    09-12-13 08:22 AM
    See above. Verge reporter.
    A tweet from a Verge reporter?

I'm going to wait before assigning this any credence. It is up to each individual developer to decide whether or not to charge for a new version. With the level of competition in the app store, I doubt if developers will risk annoying their users and run the risk of having their users transfer to a competitor. I will be very surprised if "all the good iOS apps that users paid for already are going to have new, separate paid versions for their iOS 7 editions". Maybe a small percentage, but not a lot.
    anon(4086547) and FastLane228 like this.
    09-12-13 08:28 AM
    Any index funds that mimic the s&p 500 will now start dropping AMD from their portfolios

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Normally that means share price will go down as index funds have to sell. They do so fairly orderly but still it will be a lot of shares in the market. Opposite effect when a stock gets added to an index. Also funds usually have a pretty good sense when a stock is going to be added or dropped mitigating a catastrophic event for the stock either way. The dropping of AMD may already be priced in.
    09-12-13 08:32 AM
    Normally that means share price will go down as index funds have to sell. They do so fairly orderly but still it will be a lot of shares in the market. Opposite effect when a stock gets added to an index. Also funds usually have a pretty good sense when a stock is going to be added or dropped mitigating a catastrophic event for the stock either way. The dropping of AMD may already be priced in.
    Yes, I agree that the short term effect on AMD should be negligible. Sorry for the short answer, I guess it sounded a bit bearish - didn't mean it to sound that way. Just a fact.
    09-12-13 08:40 AM
    A tweet from a Verge reporter?

I'm going to wait before assigning this any credence.
    I believe this was a rumour before iOS 6 came out, never panned out. I highly doubt Apple or developers would ping you twice. If so, it would slow the adoption of iOS7 and create unnecessary fragmentation.
    09-12-13 08:40 AM
    Thanks ! (already out of thx btn)

According to Jefferies analyst Peter Misek, software company Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) is now more likely to acquire BlackBerry.
    On September 2, Microsoft announced that it had agreed to purchase Nokia’s devices and services business. After this deal is finalized, the analyst sees Microsoft taking a closer look at BlackBerry.
    The analyst noted that having both the Nokia business as well as BlackBerry assets, MSFT would be “1) the definitive #3 handset player with better carrier access and production economies of scale; 2) the leader in enterprise mobile devices with support from the U.S. gov’t; 3) a key player in MDM, an area they would love to get into and purchasing private leaders in the space would be pricey.”
    Misek also reported that other bidders may include International Business Machines (IBM) and Samsung. He also suggested the possibility of BlackBerry splitting into several pieces.
    While I still don't share the "all in" option : 1) They gain more with back-ends & softw than hardware 2) make full sense IMHO but 3) will be hard: QNX guys litterally hate MS ...

BTW ... Where are my copyrights ? lol
    BTW(2) WE ARE GREEN !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    09-12-13 08:43 AM
    Bingo, that's exactly right. Before, I had all my eggs in one basket so my full attention and stress with BBRY had no relief. Now I have a few other things to take my mind off BBRY now and then.
    Diversification makes sense and is a cornerstone investment principle. Just be careful that if that is what truly you want, you actually get it. Here is a chart of BBRY v AMD and you will see how they move together most of the time. That may not be a bad thing, but early on I thought I was diversified until a real investment adviser looked at my retirement portfolio and pointed out that I wasn't really diversified at all. Sure I had different stocks but they were mostly in the same sector or crossed over and were exposed to the same risks (interest rate, China, whatever) . This is DEFINITELY NOT a criticism, just sharing a lesson I learned many years ago that I keep in the back of my mind.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=AMD&...l&p=&a=&c=bbry

Here is AMD v the QQQ a NASDAQ 100 index fund

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=AMD&...=l&p=&a=&c=QQQ
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 09-12-13 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added 2 year charts, just picked 2 year, random
    Bugmapper, lcjr, Randeman and 4 others like this.
    09-12-13 08:44 AM
    News Republic: Sony, Universal, Warner sue SiriusXM for royalties
    Yeah, seems everybody is sueing everyone for anything these day. lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-12-13 08:47 AM
113,256 ... 19051906190719081909 ...