1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OMGitworks....did you buy in again?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 02:14 PM
    In my ever so humble opinion, and I'm seriously just opining here, is that after it hovered around support for the better part of an hour, it looked to be an easy target to drop so they short a bunch, trigger some stops and panic selling, then scoop up on the cheap for a quick, easy, and tidy little profit. This may or may not have any basis in reality but I can see it working.
    Makes since to me bud.
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    09-11-13 02:14 PM
    WOW.... It is far from guaranteed that the author has any more insight into this than anyone else. Way to pick out the worst sentence in the article to post. Me thinks we've seen you around these parts before hmmm?
    Should ban his IP address(s).
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    09-11-13 02:16 PM
    I wish I could command SP's like WSJ... I'd write great news on BB one day, and sell, then **** news the other day and buy, then good news the next day and sell... Woo.
    That's the way it works. You just have to grease the right people.
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-11-13 02:17 PM
    Should ban his IP address(s).
    Too bad your a little late to the party today as I think you missed his response to that one... lol
    bungaboy, Kid Vibe and sidhuk like this.
    09-11-13 02:17 PM
    Was just gonna post. Didn't realize it was this close. Maybe announce at Jam Asia?
    lcjr, bungaboy, Bugmapper and 1 others like this.
    09-11-13 02:18 PM
    Thank you Bugmapper!! I needed to hear/read that! Man, work here is seriously interfering with my Blackberry news research. hahaha. Now I have something positive to ponder for a change.
    Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    09-11-13 02:19 PM
    Saw that too. What a scam! Was on W-5 or Fifth Estate I think.
    I still get calls from them.
    They say they are calling from Toronto.
    When i ask them what the current weather or time is in Toronto they gag.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-11-13 02:20 PM
    If I had to guess, I’d say that the market is perceiving 2 key things:

• I think the idea that BBRY is lobbying the Canadian Government suggests that a Canadian led buyout is looking less likely (also based on the Fairfax credit spreads);
    • BBRY’s special board has hired another advisor (JP Morgan & RBC previously).

The market is somewhat confused about what management is doing.

I’ve gone through M&A transactions before but this is getting a little nutty. Longs & Shorts appear to control the narrative (share price) depending on the day. For a firm worth $19-20 on a DCF basis, trading below EV, this is nuts!

Someone suggested balls of steel... balls of steal indeed.
    09-11-13 02:27 PM
    If I had to guess, I’d say that the market is perceiving 2 key things:

• I think the idea that BBRY is lobbying the Canadian Government suggests that a Canadian led buyout is looking less likely (also based on the Fairfax credit spreads);
    • BBRY’s special board has hired another advisor (JP Morgan & RBC previously).

I’ve gone through M&A transactions before but this is getting a little nutty. Longs & Shorts appear to control the narrative (share price) depending on the day. For a firm worth $19-20 on a DCF basis, trading below EV, this is nuts!

Balls of titanium.
    09-11-13 02:29 PM
    Platinum here...clink clink

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and sidhuk like this.
    09-11-13 02:34 PM
    How long does it take for steel to break down?
    09-11-13 02:37 PM
    If I had to guess, I�d say that the market is perceiving 2 key things:

� I think the idea that BBRY is lobbying the Canadian Government suggests that a Canadian led buyout is looking less likely (also based on the Fairfax credit spreads);
    � BBRY�s special board has hired another advisor (JP Morgan & RBC previously).

I�ve gone through M&A transactions before but this is getting a little nutty. Longs & Shorts appear to control the narrative (share price) depending on the day. For a firm worth $19-20 on a DCF basis, trading below EV, this is nuts!

Simple... Grasping at straws!

What BB is worth has been greatly debated here and by analysts. If you CHOOSE to believe that BB is worth $19 - $20 B and that there is a buyer out there they will pay that much..... I agree balls of steel!
    09-11-13 02:38 PM
    Jesse Kline: Helping BlackBerry by removing foreign investment restrictions

By Jesse Kline

Sept. 11 (National Post) -- Should a foreign company be allowed to purchase BlackBerry? Verizon didn't even have to setup shop in Canada to have a noticeable impact on cellular prices - just the threat of foreign competition was enough to get the Big Three telecom providers to lower their prices (at least temporarily). That resulted from a change put in place by the federal government that allows foreign companies to purchase mobile carriers with less than 10% market share. Imagine what would happen if we gave them full access to the Canadian marketplace. Unfortunately, even after seven years of having an ostensibly conservative government in Ottawa, the decision over whether a foreign company can buy out a domestic firm is still very much a political consideration, rather than an economic one. The federal government approved deals for state-owned oil companies in China and Malaysia to buy Canadian businesses, but rejected a proposal for a private Australian firm to purchase Potash Corp.

On the surface, the discrepancy between these decisions doesn't make much sense: We should prefer having a private corporation based in an allied country (Australia) controlling Canadian natural resources, rather than an entity controlled by communist China. But when BHP Billiton announced plans to purchase Potash Corp., Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall raised a stink. Not wanting to jeopardize seats in the Prairies, or to alienate Saskatchewan's right-of-centre government, Prime Minister Stephen Harper made the most politically expedient decision. It just so happened that the decision was not in the best interest of the country as a whole. The result of a foreign-investment policy that requires the federal government to determine whether a foreign takeover bid that's over $344-million is a "net benefit" to the Canadian economy - a loosely defined term that gives rise to decisions made for political reasons - is undoubtedly to create a chilling effect on the marketplace. There's no way to know how many firms have considered pumping money into the Canadian economy, only to be scared off by our restrictions on foreign investment.

This is why it's heartening to hear of BlackBerry's plans( BlackBerry to Lobby Government Over Foreign-Takeover Rule - Bloomberg ) to lobby the federal government to affect changes to these archaic rules. The smartphone manufacturer made its plans clear by registering to lobby the government over changes to the Investment Canada Act, following a so-far unsuccessful attempt to find a Canadian buyer.

A takeover would bring outside money into the country, which creates jobs and other economic opportunities here at home. Once a world leader in smartphone manufacturing, BlackBerry has lost ground to Apple and devices running Google's Android operating system in recent years. The company had hoped the introduction of BlackBerry 10 would turn things around, but its new products have not been as successful as it hoped. It sold one million fewer phones in the last quarter than expected. It posted a loss in the spring, and expects to lose money in the next quarter as well. Finding a foreign buyer for the Canadian company would seem like a logical move, especially since investors are becoming increasingly skeptical about whether BlackBerry's largest shareholder will be able to put together enough domestic support for a takeover bid. Already two companies have been floated as potential buyers: Microsoft, the Washington state-based software giant, and Lenovo( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo ), the Chinese manufacturer that bought IBM's personal computer business in 2005.

With Microsoft looking to expand the market share of its Windows Phone offering and Lenovo becoming the largest manufacturer of smartphones in China, either one could make a good buyer. (Although there would be national security concerns with a Chinese company purchasing BlackBerry, which runs secure networks for the Canadian and American governments.) Such a takeover would bring outside money into the country, which creates jobs and other economic opportunities here at home. It would also mean that Canadian investors would assume less risk for a company that remains on shaky ground. But just because BlackBerry is losing money now, does not mean that another company couldn't come in and improve its efficiency, or combine it with other products and services that make it successful in the future.

As the Fraser Institute's Niels Veldhuis wrote(http://www.fraserinstitute.org/uploa...ely-needed.pdf ) in the spring, there is "overwhelming evidence from the academic research, [which] shows that foreign business activity is of tremendous benefit to countries that welcome it.... [It] has been overwhelmingly found to increase investment, innovation and the introduction of new technologies, all of which ultimately translate into lower prices, higher wages and better quality goods and services."

These benefits - for BlackBerry and the Canadian economy as a whole - would be lost if the federal government ends up blocking a future bid, or if potential bidders are scared away by an over-regulated investment climate. Instead of hanging a cloud of uncertainty over foreign investment, we should be hanging a sign telling the world that Canada is open for business. The best way to do this is to get rid of the provisions in the Investment Canada Act, which put business decisions in the hands of politicians, instead of business leaders.
    09-11-13 02:45 PM
    Too bad your a little late to the party today as I think you missed his response to that one... lol
    What is it that makes these fools work at this foolishness. Surely they are still in Senior elementary and just don't know any better.

Same for the others who come here day in and day out to post trash and disrupt.

Why? I just don't get it.
    Depends on the mileage you put on them... LOL
    Seriously? 10% in the past two days on no significant news?!
    The market is still reacting to the rumor that Prem Watsa is not close to attaining the funds necessary for a privatization and that pension funds and suitors are not interested in the stock, IMO. BBRY rose >10% in the past week over rumors of a Fairfax deal and expedited sale process. The market is taking that gain back.

Many BBRY investors at this point are buying into the company based on the prospects of a buyout so any news pertaining to this will have a significant, significant impact on the stock value.
    09-11-13 02:48 PM
    OMGitworks....did you buy in again?

Posted via CB10
    Nope in HALO. For your sake I hope it doesn't get back down to the 10.25 I sold at.... GLTA!!!
    Bugmapper, lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-11-13 02:49 PM
    Depends, what are we drinking??
    09-11-13 02:51 PM
    What is it that makes these fools work at this foolishness. Surely they are still in Senior elementary and just don't know any better.

Same for the others who come here day in and day out to post trash and disrupt.

Why? I just don't get it.
    Probably because they can vent their frustrations to a group they don't know or see face to face. It's easy communication. Then there's those that are just disruptive and get a kick out of ruffling feathers or otherwise poking fun at those hurting or already discouraged. Forums are great for that. So long as anyone can join a forum without some type of vetting, that's what will always be there.
    09-11-13 02:59 PM
    The market is still reacting to the rumor that Prem Watsa is not close to attaining the funds necessary for a privatization and that pension funds and suitors are not interested in the stock, IMO. BBRY rose >10% in the past week over rumors of a Fairfax deal and expedited sale process. The market is taking that gain back.

Many BBRY investors at this point are buying into the company based on the prospects of a buyout so any news pertaining to this will have a significant, significant impact on the stock value.
    And the fact that BB is being so LOUD about all of this... normally these deals get done much more quietly. The fact that every couple of days BB is doing something to "pump" the stock value is starting to ring a few warning bells.
    09-11-13 03:07 PM
    09-11-13 03:18 PM
    Nope in HALO. For your sake I hope it doesn't get back down to the 10.25 I sold at.... GLTA!!!
    I started these this morning, except for SIRI, AMD, and BBRY. Not much, because I'm not made of money but will continue to feed these as the months go by:

APPY, BIOL, FOLD, CHTP, HALO, AMD, SIRI, BBRY.
    09-11-13 03:23 PM
    Some numbers to eyeball going into earnings:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-eps.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-equity-valuation.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-margins.jpg
    09-11-13 03:39 PM
    Well, got a big cold glass of amber goodness and going to enjoy the races:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20130910-103026.png

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:50 PM
113,256 ... 19001901190219031904 ...