View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Looking at the latest Iphone, I am more certain to go back to Blackberry 10 now. I have Iphone5 and the "thrill is gone baby" kinda feelings and miss the keyboard more and more. IMO, i am not alone. I tried and never liked android. I want to be little bit careless about breaking/scratching my phone same way as i was with blackberries. Time for me to get a Q10 now. I am gonna pass on Z30.
    09-11-13 09:48 AM
    I would love a street beating ER... Doubt it. 2 more weeks to go.
    I have my mind made up and my plan set. I won't hesitate this time.
    09-11-13 09:50 AM
    Just a thought but now in canada and the usa you can get a z10 for free on contracts and the Q5 for around 75 and q10 for 100. Blackberry seems to compete in the pricing war
    09-11-13 09:52 AM
    I have my mind made up and my plan set. I won't hesitate this time.
    What did you end up deciding to sell or keep through earnings
    09-11-13 09:52 AM
    I'm not sure where resistance lies here but it seems the 20-ema,10.52, looks to be support along with the center line in the Bollinger Bands at 10.56, which coincidentally, is right where the uptrend line from late July happens to cross. Seems the force is strong with this one. We've tested twice now and each time bounced. With Apple being forefront in the tech and phone arena, most are probably paying attention to that one so not sure if I'd expect much in the way off action here today. Some are ****ting their pants with AAPL and some, hopefully Morgan included, are cheering with their short position.
    Very good explanation indeed and I fully agree with you. However, when i see your avatar explaining TA, not sure why it puts smile on my face? LoL. May be I am still stuck in different league?
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    09-11-13 09:53 AM
    WoW oh WoW. iGasmic!!!

If there ever was an iGobbler . . . . this guy fits the bill.

Trading Shots

Apple’s new products could shove Microsoft off a cliff

Rocco Pendola
    Special to The Globe and Mail
    Published Wednesday, Sep. 11 2013, 10:02 AM EDT
    Last updated Wednesday, Sep. 11 2013, 10:02 AM EDT

Given Microsoft’s global Windows and Office-installed base, it sounds a bit nutty to claim Apple killed it on Tuesday, Sept. 10. But it did.

We’re in the early stages of a BlackBerry-like crash that, instead of taking a few years, could span decades. But it will happen.

First, there’s the obvious – Microsoft can’t compete with Apple (or Google, for that matter) on smartphones or tablets. We’re at the point where the notion of mobile competition between the companies has become farcical.

Microsoft and Nokia made absolute fools of themselves after Apple introduced its new iPhones on Tuesday and (@NokiaUS tweeted these ads: “Thanks, #Apple Screen sizes, speed, and stunning snapshots. Those are our 5 S’s. See why it’s #timetoswitch to #WindowsPhone https://t.co/bMMiS3mv7S.&

Just an idiotic continuation of what we’ll now know as the combined collapse of Microsoft and Nokia. Put your head down and keep your mouth shut, especially if you’re Microsoft.

But the lede the media buried as it focused on the new iPhones matters more.

I’m not sure Steve Ballmer realizes just how big this is. But he’d better take a look, because there was a time when the demise of the BlackBerry sounded like a crazy prediction.

Apple will offer iWork, its productivity suite, free to buyers of all new iPhones and iPads. And don’t be surprised if Apple keeps upping the ante, particularly by making Pages (its version of Word), Numbers (Excel) and Keynote (Power Point) better and better across platforms.

I first brought up this idea in October 2012, when I suggested Apple should improve iWork to render Office unnecessary and irrelevant to consumers and enterprises who have flocked (or desperately want to flock) to iPhones, iPads and Macs.

Apple should give iWork away for free. Everywhere. Every way. On everything. Not only could it crush Microsoft Office, but it will fend off Google’s push to extend the reach of its cloud-based software and services.

Apple doesn’t need to profit on iWork. It just needs to make iWork so good and so accessible, that it eliminates the one remaining factor that differentiates Microsoft from Apple and keeps millions of individuals and businesses hooked on PCs they’re hardly excited about being forced to buy.
    Last edited by bungaboy; 09-11-13 at 10:08 AM.
    sidhuk, cjcampbell and Randeman like this.
    09-11-13 09:54 AM
    This leads me to believe that they where testing bbm for IOS. Apple has approved BBM and blackberry is doing test on bbm from the app store download.
    I'd like to believe Apple as approved BBM but they are most likely testing a sand-boxed version (i.e., a version which can only be installed on X number of devices for test purposes).

Any Apple/Android developers know whether you can 'hide' an app from the app store after it has been approved?

Wondering if maybe BBRY have set both Android and iOS apps to 'hidden' mode and when they're ready to do a big fat release, set the switch to 'visible' on both stores.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-11-13 09:57 AM
    WoW oh WoW. Igasmic!!!

I would say wanna be , " Charmin Iultra soft" .
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-11-13 10:00 AM
    I'd like to believe Apple as approved BBM but they are most likely testing a sand-boxed version (i.e., a version which can only be installed on X number of devices for test purposes).

Any Apple/Android developers know whether you can 'hide' an app from the app store after it has been approved?

Wondering if maybe BBRY have set both Android and iOS apps to 'hidden' mode and when they're ready to do a big fat release, set the switch to 'visible' on both stores.
    Im sure that BBRY can tell apple to not release it to the app store until this date even after it get approved and im sure for google play store awell
    09-11-13 10:05 AM

On the App Store, you simply have to deselect all countries from the available list. Add them later when you're ready to release.
    09-11-13 10:08 AM
    Well today is the day we get the updated Short Position. Any guesses as to which direction it went? Up or down. Keep in mind, this is only up to August 30th so does not include the rally of last week.
    09-11-13 10:18 AM
    What did you end up deciding to sell or keep through earnings
    I'm selling by EOD 25th. The reason I'll sell two days out is I feel the media will push the SP down the day before the ER due to expected loss, as stated by TH himself. I'll watch the SP after the ER and when it does as expected I'll buy back in.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-11-13 10:18 AM
    WoW oh WoW. iGasmic!!!

LOL... I thought it was funny, until I realized that he wasn't kidding.
    I switched from PowerPoint and Word to Keynote and Pages since 2006. But now I am going back to LaTeX to write publications. Hopefully I won't need to go back to Wordperfect or Vi. My son found a copy of Lotus 123 in the basement the other day and asked "dad, what the hell is this?"
    bungaboy, Randeman and Bugmapper like this.
    09-11-13 10:22 AM
    Need some TA here...
    Should we worry about the 10.81 resistance ?

There's a low volume and my logic is not relevant here. What kind of scnario is playing here ? Morgan, JL, anybody?

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    I was in NYC yesterday and it is fashion week. I am not sure if that T&A was better than the T&A on Wall Street. :-).

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    09-11-13 10:27 AM
    I switched from PowerPoint and Word to Keynote and Pages since 2006. But now I am going back to LaTeX to write publications. Hopefully I won't need to go back to Wordperfect or Vi. My son found a copy of Lotus 123 in the basement the other day and asked "dad, what the hell is this?"
    In all honesty. WP was much better than Word. Just the sheep factor again.
    Corbu, Bugmapper and plasmid_boy like this.
    09-11-13 10:40 AM
    I'm selling by EOD 25th. The reason I'll sell two days out is I feel the media will push the SP down the day before the ER due to expected loss, as stated by TH himself. I'll watch the SP after the ER and when it does as expected I'll buy back in.
    I think I will do the same but i see a pump into earnings just so that shorts can make the crash look even more bad .
    lcjr likes this.
    09-11-13 10:40 AM
    Latex is where it's at. Write once apply conference template and have it formatted. Perfectly. Even mathematical formulas.

My supervisor insisted on word. I went crazy fixing formatting every time I got her revisions back. Ughhhhh

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-11-13 10:47 AM
    I think I will do the same but i see a pump into earnings just so that shorts can make the crash look even more bad .
    This is a question for the stock experts out there: When a company is evaluating "strategic alternatives", how likely is it for public companies to announce at the same time as earnings? The last thing I would want to see to the loyalists here is to sell 2 days before a huge announcement.
    09-11-13 10:49 AM
    I'll hold on to my shares. Either way, someone will be a winner around here lol.
    09-11-13 10:50 AM
    This is a question for the stock experts out there: When a company is evaluating "strategic alternatives", how likely is it for public companies to announce at the same time as earnings? The last thing I would want to see to the loyalists here is to sell 2 days before a huge announcement.
    Thats why I would like to see blackberry announce something before earnings
    lcjr likes this.
    09-11-13 10:54 AM
    i'm holding too. waited too long to give up now.
    09-11-13 10:54 AM
    Lotus 123 and WordPerfect were better than their MS counterparts. Sadly, they were forced out of the marketplace by MS heavyhanded tactics. Same goes for all good technology, the best stuff gets crushed by the bullies with so-so products.

BB needs to be more of a bully.
    09-11-13 10:56 AM
    I was in NYC yesterday and it is fashion week. I am not sure if that T&A was better than the T&A on Wall Street. :-).

Posted via CB10
    We've all seen NYC models. There is no T or A.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:56 AM
    Selling is speculative. While I fear another earnings day crash, I don't want to risk the chance for upside or some other announcement.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman, fedakd and morganplus8 like this.
    09-11-13 10:58 AM
    Lotus 123 and WordPerfect were better than their MS counterparts. Sadly, they were forced out of the marketplace by MS heavyhanded tactics. Same goes for all good technology, the best stuff gets crushed by the bullies with so-so products.

BB needs to be more of a bully.
    And they were THE apps that made computers useful to mass population.
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    09-11-13 11:01 AM
113,256 ... 18961897189818991900 ...