View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Seriously? Tanking 3.5% in the first 10 minutes?
    09-11-13 08:38 AM
    Looks like we are testing bottom of channel already....hold baby.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-11-13 08:39 AM
    ok, guys what's causing the nosedive today? can't see any new negatives, just regurgitated ones.
    09-11-13 08:40 AM
    I think it's personal with that friggin Editor LOL... never anything posative.

Posted via CB10
    LoL, i think he misses his the track pad on Q10.
    09-11-13 08:41 AM
    Volume is low.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-11-13 08:42 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbg-grab.jpg

The blue lines represent Fairfax Financial bonds (snr). Please focus on the 5yr (most liquid/active).

The top dashed lines represent the curve in 2012 (riskier)

The next blue line represents the speculation around Fairfax getting into the BBRY business (ownership)

The final sold blue line represents the current CDS level; it basically indicates that the less likely a BBRY deal is, the cheaper insurance becomes against a Fairfax default (less debt to finance a deal).

The red lines represent BBB Canadian financials (comparables)
    danprown likes this.
    09-11-13 08:43 AM
    Good morning gang! Looks like several stocks are down this morning and not just Blackberry. Let's hope for a turn-around soon. Have a great day everyone.
    09-11-13 08:45 AM
    Dont know how much this is worth but last night Crackberry posted on there bbm channel that they where helping BBRY stress test BBM on cross platform devices and wanted people to add a PIN to help.
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    09-11-13 08:49 AM
    It was wise to delete my stoploss at 8 Euro so far. Touched the 7 and went up
    I come back when market is closed and hope I will see a tiny green candlestick. Good luck everyone.
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    09-11-13 08:53 AM
    Sunday Times writer re-affirms that he believes Watsa is still the front runner.

SyntecVentures - $BBRY Sunday Times' Ben Marlow believes his story is the... | StockTwits
    I love at the end how he knocks the globe. "I"

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:53 AM
    Dont know how much this is worth but last night Crackberry posted on there bbm channel that they where helping BBRY stress test BBM on cross platform devices and wanted people to add a PIN to help.
    Or they were shamelessly trying to boost their stats....
    09-11-13 08:55 AM
    G&M has been on a play-by-play tear of BBRY every single morning, as if there aren't other Canadian companies that need reporting. It is what it is and hope the Sunday Times are right.
    The Glob & Maul has their own agenda. They are owned by Bell Media.
    sidhuk and danprown like this.
    09-11-13 08:55 AM
    Ye could be true
    09-11-13 09:03 AM
    Damn, I could have picked up 30 more shares if I would have sold some at $11.55 day before yesterday and bought back this morning. I ignored my Magic 8 Ball.
    Chris2J likes this.
    09-11-13 09:07 AM
    I am actually disappointed that they are only doing this now. This kind of testing should happen way before product release date (which we assume to be very very soon).

Can you imagine if they find problems with the apps/infrastructure after adding like 50 contacts or something silly? It would mean delaying the release by X weeks.

Oh well.
    09-11-13 09:11 AM
    Speaking of shameful . . . . cheap shot in my books.

If you read the thread you would understand that it was sincere.
    sidhuk and silversun10 like this.
    09-11-13 09:14 AM
    09-11-13 09:16 AM
    Speaking of shameful . . . . cheap shot in my books.

If you read the thread you would understand that it was sincere.
    I forgot the smiley face or wink, it was somewhat tongue in cheek....
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-11-13 09:17 AM
    I am actually disappointed that they are only doing this now. This kind of testing should happen way before product release date (which we assume to be very very soon).

Can you imagine if they find problems with the apps/infrastructure after adding like 50 contacts or something silly? It would mean delaying the release by X weeks.

Oh well.
    This leads me to believe that they where testing bbm for IOS. Apple has approved BBM and blackberry is doing test on bbm from the app store download.
    09-11-13 09:23 AM
    Need some TA here...
    Should we worry about the 10.81 resistance ?

There's a low volume and my logic is not relevant here. What kind of scnario is playing here ? Morgan, JL, anybody?

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    09-11-13 09:27 AM
    Would they really implement such a destructive strategy? By appearing weak, they are damaging their BB10 sales to corporations, as well as further damaging the brand for the consumer market. It would be a self-fulfilling deception.
    It depends. Their BB10 sales are already in trouble because of perceived ecosystem issues. The biggest part of this problem is that BBRY can't compete with high volume manufacturers like Samsung. But if Samsung were to take over the hardware division and license BB10, the ecosystem should boom as developers gain access to a system that offers less piracy.

Announcing that they're pushing a sale or partnership by November should make any corporation that has a minor interest take a deeper look at what's on the table. For some, access to certain technologies (QNX, Paratek Antennas, ECC) might be more important to the market than regular consumers might realize.

If BBRY stopped making handsets and just maintained a design, r&d and engineering staff, they'd continue to make money on their patent portfolio... and would be more likely to pursue violations of those patents.

Allowing the company to be perceived as weak now while preparing for a street beating ER would create some definite positive publicity that would outweigh a lot of the past negativity.

It's risky, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    09-11-13 09:30 AM
    ^^^. I Like It.^^^

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-11-13 09:41 AM
    I forgot the smiley face or wink, it was somewhat tongue in cheek....
    Got it. Thanks for clarifying.
    sidhuk likes this.
    Need some TA here...
    Should we worry about the 10.81 resistance ?

There's a low volume and my logic is not relevant here. What kind of scnario is playing here ? Morgan, JL, anybody?

Datz From my Z10 amigo.
    I'm not sure where resistance lies here but it seems the 20-ema,10.52, looks to be support along with the center line in the Bollinger Bands at 10.56, which coincidentally, is right where the uptrend line from late July happens to cross. Seems the force is strong with this one. We've tested twice now and each time bounced. With Apple being forefront in the tech and phone arena, most are probably paying attention to that one so not sure if I'd expect much in the way off action here today. Some are ****ting their pants with AAPL and some, hopefully Morgan included, are cheering with their short position.
    I would love a street beating ER... Doubt it. 2 more weeks to go.
    lcjr and sidhuk like this.
    09-11-13 09:42 AM
113,251 ... 18951896189718981899 ...