View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't get why the 180...ALL stocks can bite you in the azz if you reach further than you are comfortable losing.

Posted via CB10
    It's annoying though. If I hate a stock/company the last thing I would want to do in my free time is hang out on a msg board related to said stock/company.
    09-11-13 07:12 AM
    Lol...man. you went for broke the last one and lost a bit, now your miserable. Might I suggest you over reached, got greedy and it back fired....why you have to spread FUD everywhere now is Rediculousness. Just sayin.

Let's tell everyone how much you MADE off BlackBerry stock before your booboo?

Edit: BlackBerry has said they are going to be down cash and report a loss....maybe be a bit more specific on "disaster".

Posted via CB10
    You are sounding a little bitter yourself.

I am just making sure that both sides of the story are being told so no one make a horrible mistake.

Good to see not all have me on the ignore list! LOL!
    StormieTwo likes this.
    09-11-13 07:20 AM
    More Too little too late articles....................But now they start for Apple

Too Little, Too Late for Apple Rebound? | Fox Business

I might have jumped the gun yesterday, there is a huge pile on this morning on Apple for 5C pricing.

This is starting to beg the question, of margins for Droid phones. Are all these low cost handsets sustainable? I'm always of the beleif that profit drives growth, how much can Droid handset makers be making? Not like BB or APPL make their stuff in the heart SanFran or something, so cost models cannot be so different between companies. APPL is getting hit hard on SP, but had the 5C been priced lower, this would adversly effect APPL profit margins, once again hitting SP.

Maybe BB getting out of this Hardware Cluster **** is the right idea, it just seems there is no money to be made in the future.
    09-11-13 07:22 AM
    Misery loves company. Dudes retired from this thread like a hundred times now.
    More exaggeration.

But then you were expecting BBRY to gain from Apple's show yesterday. It must be hard when that is all you have to hope for.

It is looking like today will be another great "purchase opportunity"
    09-11-13 07:23 AM

I am just making sure that both sides of the story are being told so no one make a horrible mistake.

oh, give me a break, nobody and absolutely nobody buys that non sense
    09-11-13 07:27 AM

Lol....no bitter here.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-11-13 07:29 AM
    More exaggeration.

But then you were expecting BBRY to gain from Apple's show yesterday. It must be hard when that is all you have to hope for.

It is looking like today will be another great "purchase opportunity"
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crying-baby-natural-high-some-moms.jpg
    09-11-13 07:35 AM

My money is currently sitting down $3 from book value.

I've been in the game for a year and a half.
    09-11-13 07:38 AM
    Short $APPL?
    09-11-13 07:45 AM
    Can we assume that there is a deal in the work with Lenovo or some other overseas company now that this meeting is setup or are they doing that just in case?
    09-11-13 07:52 AM
    Can we assume that there is a deal in the work with Lenovo or some other overseas company now that this meeting is setup or are they doing that just in case?
    There could be a deal but I would think it would be sensible to do this anyway

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    09-11-13 07:56 AM
    I would not assume anything at this point with BBRY until you hear it from them. The regulatory board thing could be a pre-clearance or an actual sale or a "what if". There are stories saying PW is close to a deal and others that say he has no takers and may be looking to sell his stake in the company. There may be a buyer at $20+, the stock may go to 6 or 8.

My point is that is a very uncertain time for BBRY the company and BBRY the stock. If you believe and are in, you may see a great reward at $20+. I also think there is a 50/50 chance you could be in a world of hurt in the single digits too. GLTA.
    cjcampbell, m1a1mg and m0de25 like this.
    09-11-13 07:57 AM
    I've seen the word "bailout" used a few times in the last few days here and possibly elsewhere.

I don't understand how (other than if it was just trolls) this word ever started getting used here. BlackBerry doesn't need a bailout, does it? Last time I checked, they were loaded with cash and simply having trouble executing on some things.

When was the last time a company in BlackBerry's pretty strong financial situation needed a bailout? Has it ever happened? Honestly, isn't that something that would come into play only once you'd basically drained your case and were fairly heavily in debt?

Maybe we just don't need to use that term around here... at least not yet.
    09-11-13 08:00 AM
    I believe that the company is very undervalued at this time and a few solid quarters would of brought the stock up to $20 range without selling off any assets. Was just wondering if this is typically something that a large company does or only ones that have a for sale sign up.

Any ideas on the time frame to get this approved from the Canadian gov?
    Randeman likes this.
    09-11-13 08:01 AM
    I don't get why the 180...ALL stocks can bite you in the azz if you reach further than you are comfortable losing.

Posted via CB10
    Go back and look at his posting history in here and other CB threads. This troll has been doing 360's forever here.

IGNORE!!!! And stop feeding. I gave him the benefit of the doubt several times but not anymore. Go back and look at my posts about his sincerity.
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-11-13 08:12 AM
    I believe that the company is very undervalued at this time and a few solid quarters would of brought the stock up to $20 range without selling off any assets. Was just wondering if this is typically something that a large company does or only ones that have a for sale sign up.

Still believe this is a battle strategy.

By appearing weak, the market does things like cutting estimates and lowering targets, making them easier to beat.

BBRY forecast a loss for this Q. If they approach breakeven it could trigger a lot of volatility in the SP.

Speaking of SP volatility, any bets on how far Apple falls today? I'm guessing they drop below $450.
    09-11-13 08:14 AM

normally the approval only comes after the deal is made. the only thing you can say is BB maybe in talks to an overseas company or wants to start talks and now they want to find out out the hurdles. just talking with the govt does not mean that they are getting the green light.
    09-11-13 08:14 AM
    Sunday Times writer re-affirms that he believes Watsa is still the front runner.

SyntecVentures - $BBRY Sunday Times' Ben Marlow believes his story is the... | StockTwits
    09-11-13 08:16 AM
    Sunday Times writer re-affirms that he believes Watsa is still the front runner.

SyntecVentures - $BBRY Sunday Times' Ben Marlow believes his story is the... | StockTwits
    G&M has been on a play-by-play tear of BBRY every single morning, as if there aren't other Canadian companies that need reporting. It is what it is and hope the Sunday Times are right.
    09-11-13 08:21 AM
    There could be a deal but I would think it would be sensible to do this anyway

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    It might be a sensible thing to do anyway, but when is the last time a company took the time to lobby because it is a sensible thing to do...anyway? My feeling is, no one would bother with this stuff unless they NEED to.
    09-11-13 08:23 AM
    G&M has been on a play-by-play tear of BBRY every single morning, as if there aren't other Canadian companies that need reporting. It is what it is and hope the Sunday Times are right.
    I think it's personal with that friggin Editor LOL... never anything posative.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:24 AM
    Still believe this is a battle strategy.

By appearing weak, the market does things like cutting estimates and lowering targets, making them easier to beat.

BBRY forecast a loss for this Q. If they approach breakeven it could trigger a lot of volatility in the SP.
    Would they really implement such a destructive strategy? By appearing weak, they are damaging their BB10 sales to corporations, as well as further damaging the brand for the consumer market. It would be a self-fulfilling deception.
    m1a1mg and m0de25 like this.
    09-11-13 08:26 AM
    I've seen the word "bailout" used a few times in the last few days here and possibly elsewhere.

I don't understand how (other than if it was just trolls) this word ever started getting used here. BlackBerry doesn't need a bailout, does it? Last time I checked, they were loaded with cash and simply having trouble executing on some things.

When was the last time a company in BlackBerry's pretty strong financial situation needed a bailout? Has it ever happened? Honestly, isn't that something that would come into play only once you'd basically drained your case and were fairly heavily in debt?

Maybe we just don't need to use that term around here... at least not yet.
    To be honest, I believe the only major thing BB needs right now is ... time.
    Whatever the angle I take, this is the key IMHO.
    They were and still are late to deliver (I hate to write that); deliver the OS and back-end that will expose the real power of BB10 platform in particular. BB10.2 is saluted everywhere, but this long awaited release is also acknowledged as the one we should have had ... at launch.
    Same goes with BES10, whose first release was *ahum* beta level. BES10.1 is better, but until BES10.2 we won't have a real performer.

What link with our thread ?
    I believe partnerships are in the place for years: PlayBook launch era.
    There was big names involved, MSFT of course but also SAP, for instance. Clearly identified by then as "partners".
    Besides (or influencing) the financial points is the technical aspect; until partners can value the solution with features, they are still cold.
    With that in mind, why did that committee announcement came in such a weird timing ?
    Option 1 : They want to let us know something is on its way and somehow protect the stock from post-E.R disaster.
    Option 2 : Heins want to go full throttle now with partners and may have lowered its claims or offered more ... like JVs in particular areas.
    Option 3 : They messed the timing, due to rumors or whatever (including stupidity <= not my take, of course).
    Option 4 : They play shows ...
    A 2-4 mix is my opinion. Because they need time AND ... $$money$$.
    09-11-13 08:27 AM
    For any credit traders out there (i'll try and throw a few curves up):

BlackBerry’s Falling Rescue Odds Exposed in Swaps: Canada Credit

By Cecile Gutscher

Sept. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Credit-default swaps suggest doubts are mounting that BlackBerry Ltd. will receive a bailout from Prem Watsa, the smartphone maker’s biggest shareholder, amid concern a takeover will fail to halt a three-year sales slide. The contrarian investor’s efforts to pull together a rescue bid with pension funds through his investment firm Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. has met with little interest, according to a person with knowledge of the situation who asked not to be identified because the talks are private. Swaps to insure Fairfax debt against default indicate declining risk and lower odds the company will lead a buyout that could saddle Fairfax with debt. The contracts fell eight basis points this week to
    164 basis points, the narrowest in almost seven months.

BlackBerry said Aug. 12 that it’s forming a committee to consider joint ventures, partnerships or an outright sale of the Waterloo, Ontario-based company. Speculation Fairfax was organizing a buyout rose after Watsa announced that day he would step down from the board, citing potential conflicts of interest. The news triggered a three-basis-point widening in Fairfax swaps, data compiled by Bloomberg show. “Fairfax debt is recovering from the selloff in August, when the news came out of a potential bid,” said James Dutkiewicz, who doesn’t own Fairfax securities as part of the
    C$600 million ($580 million) of bonds he oversees at Sentry Investments Inc. in Toronto. “It makes sense because the assumption was they’d have leveraged their balance sheet in a buyout of BlackBerry.”

Biggest Losses

Paul Rivett, president of Fairfax Financial Holdings, declined via e-mail from Toronto yesterday to comment on speculation about a bid. Adam Emery, a spokesman for BlackBerry, declined to comment on the role of Fairfax. Fairfax bonds tied for the third-biggest decline among the largest 50 issuers in Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Canada Financial Index since Aug. 12. Their loss of 0.9 percent was only surpassed by Capital Desjardins Inc. and GE Capital Canada Funding Co. and compared with an average decline of 0.7 percent. Credit-default swaps narrow as confidence in a borrower improves and the cost of protecting the debt drops. Swaps pay the buyer face value if a borrower fails to meet its obligations, less the value of the defaulted debt. One basis point equals $1,000 annually on a contract protecting $10 million of debt.

Yield Spreads

Elsewhere in credit markets, the extra yield investors demand to own the debt of Canadian investment-grade corporations rather than the federal government was unchanged yesterday from a day earlier at 124 basis points, or 1.24 percentage points, according to the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Canada Corporate Index. Yields rose to 3.43 percent, from 3.39 percent Sept. 9. Spreads on provincial bonds narrowed one basis point to 73 basis points more than federal-government debt, according to Bank of America’s Canadian Provincial & Municipal Index. Yields increased four basis points to 3.24 percent. Debt of Canadian corporations has lost 1.4 percent this year, compared with a drop of 4.8 percent for provincial debt and a decline of 3.6 percent for federal debt. BlackBerry expects to record a loss for the quarter that ended on Aug. 31 as its market share dwindles in the face of competition from Apple Inc., Google Inc. and Microsoft Corp.

Anticlimactic Move

The release of new BlackBerry 10 phones intended to restore the company to its former glory has been anticlimactic, with almost 1 million fewer units sold from March to May than analysts expected. “The directors concluded the BlackBerry 10 wasn’t the magic bullet and therefore they should put the company up for sale,” said John O’Connell, chief executive officer of Davis Rea Ltd. in Toronto, which has no investment in BlackBerry or Fairfax in the C$600 million it oversees. BlackBerry is preparing to lobby the Canadian government over foreign-takeover issues amid investor concern that a domestic buyout won’t happen. The company has registered to meet with lawmakers to discuss the Investment Canada Act, which sets rules for foreign acquisitions of local companies, according to federal lobbying documents. The government automatically reviews any takeover bid of more than C$344 million. BlackBerry shares dropped 5.1 percent to $10.94 at the close yesterday in New York, while Fairfax ended the day little changed at C$415.49.

Watsa Bet

Fairfax has the lowest investment-grade ratings of Baa3 by Moody’s Investors Service and BBB- by Standard & Poor’s. BlackBerry has no credit ratings and no bonds, loans or credit- default swaps outstanding. Watsa became BlackBerry’s biggest shareholder in July 2012, betting the company will lure back consumers who switched to Apple iPhones and devices built on Google’s Android software. The founder of Fairfax has a history of making contrarian calls, having predicted the downfall of U.S. banks tied to the collapse of the subprime mortgage market. Fairfax’s profit before one-time items reached a record $1.69 billion in 2008 as the company’s wager against U.S. banks and insurers paid off. “No matter how successful he has been as an investor, it would be very aggressive thinking to think he’ll be able to convince other private-equity investors this is a good long-term investment,” Davis Rea’s O’Connell said. “Prem Watsa being a very smart investor resigned from the board because he knows there is a binary outcome for this company. If it fails to find a buyer, he can sell his stock.”
    danprown and W Hoa like this.
    09-11-13 08:28 AM

Oh hi,

Where did I say flocking?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:29 AM
113,256 ... 18941895189618971898 ...