View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I like the way your thinking outside of the box. what I dont get is, Govt has a say in the takeover bid, yet its a free enterprise technically speak. so if the company is in debt issue or struggling that need funding etc. If Govt doesnt provide funding to bail them out, they gonna stop the bid and let the company die? sorry just the naive part of me thinking, im sure its more complicated than that.!
    the Canadian govt wants to prevent that foreign govt companies distort free enterprise in Canada
    09-10-13 04:33 PM
    This is a great feature to have unless you actually enjoy typing in your password every time to unlock your phone. You claim to like the efficiency of peek and flow? Well it is not really flowing when you have to stop and type in your password.

Be honest: if BlackBerry had this feature, people here would be hailing it as example of BlackBerry's efficiency and security. Because it's done by another phone manufacturer, it is just a gimmick.
    You're exactly right, if Blackberry had made it people here would be hailing them as being innovative and creating a great feature just like apple fans are too. And I stated that this is a great feature.

I would argue that more blackberry users would make better use of this feature immediately then iphone.

Would I use it if it came on my blackberry? yes
    Would I go out and buy the latest blackberry because of this feature? No
    Do I need it? No

My final thoughts on the whole finger print thing - feel free to PM if you want to discuss further.
    09-10-13 04:34 PM
    I know I said it before, but I still can't believe they didn't come out with a larger screen phone when that's a growing trend.
    iPhone 6 is rumoured to be coming in 2 sizes 4.5 and 5 inch screens
    lcjr likes this.
    09-10-13 04:35 PM
    We get $ 3.5 billion from Lenovo for the hardware and patent licensing deal, that's $ 7 to go with our $ 6 a share, and we command a P/E of 15 times next years earnings of $ 1.50/shr and don't have to spend cash getting there. That's $ 13.00 cash added to a much higher stock price, when the dust clears, we're at $ 35.00/shr. That's how its expected to work!
    I just shat myself. GOODBYE COLLEGE LOANS!
    09-10-13 04:42 PM
    PE of 7, then what?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 04:44 PM
    Thanks Morgan! Could this all happen during the next 6 months or is this something that needs to unfold throughout next year?
    09-10-13 04:48 PM
    Holy cow a block of 159,491 share bought not long ago
    Yea, I had some extra money in my pocket. So Mr. Morgan and I put our funds together, he ended up buying 159, 490 and I bought the rest.
    Randeman, lcjr, cjcampbell and 5 others like this.
    09-10-13 04:59 PM
    Awesome!! I use mine everyday still, especially in the evenings with a cold beer chatting with you guys! lol. Is it the actual update or still a beta download??
    It's the real thing.
    lcjr, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    09-10-13 05:08 PM
    We get $ 3.5 billion from Lenovo for the hardware and patent licensing deal, that's $ 7 to go with our $ 6 a share, and we command a P/E of 15 times next years earnings of $ 1.50/shr and don't have to spend cash getting there. That's $ 13.00 cash added to a much higher stock price, when the dust clears, we're at $ 35.00/shr. That's how its expected to work!
    With all the different kind of short positions out there for different reasons, if they dont see this coming, they are going to get a rude of awakening.
    09-10-13 05:10 PM
    With all the different kind of short positions out there for different reasons, if they dont see this coming, they are going to get a rude of awakening.
    Not to sound like I'm in a hurry, but I'm in a hurry. lol Naw, just curious how long this process is estimated to take because we've been waiting for the SP to get up there for so long. To bad it's this way though.
    Kid Vibe, Reed Richards and nquyen like this.
    09-10-13 05:13 PM
    Morgon, generally speaking how long does this process takes and what are other possibilities of this failing to go through? or is this just matter of time?

Reason being, if things are going to end higher than current price and question is matter of time, then wouldn't loading up calls worth the gamble?
    09-10-13 05:18 PM
    Not to sound like I'm in a hurry, but I'm in a hurry. lol Naw, just curious how long this process is estimated to take because we've been waiting for the SP to get up there for so long. To bad it's this way though.
    I hear you, lcjr, it would be nice to get back to where we were in the first half of the year, and sooner rather than later. On the other hand, for anyone in the U.S. who bought BlackBerry earlier this year, the longer this takes, the more likely we'll be holding BBRY for more than a year... that would reduce the capital gains tax on any profit we do make, by quite a bit.
    lcjr likes this.
    09-10-13 05:24 PM
    Thanks Morgan! Could this all happen during the next 6 months or is this something that needs to unfold throughout next year?
    This would happen within six months, that's why everyone and their dog is telling BlackBerry to sell their hardware. I happen to think it is worth $ 2.5 billion and they can get at least another $ 1 billion licensing the patents to Lenovo or whom-ever for that matter. My numbers are probably low here. Software companies command a P/E of 15 times forward earnings, this is what Misek sees and many others. Let's see if BB can figure this out. Right now, Software/Enterprise is carrying Hardware. They would be down to 1,000 people and a tight operation with modest costs.
    09-10-13 05:29 PM
    LOL, i was going to say great minds think alike but i wouldnt consider myself in the same spectrum as m8, cj and JL etc but funny how i posted and saw yours right after.
    09-10-13 05:31 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/939

Bloomberg for BlackBerry 10 has appeared.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 05:33 PM
    Morgon, generally speaking how long does this process takes and what are other possibilities of this failing to go through? or is this just matter of time?

Reason being, if things are going to end higher than current price and question is matter of time, then wouldn't loading up calls worth the gamble?
    abouthsu,

This would happen very quickly, heck many feel that BB should just shutdown hardware, forget about selling it and go with a downsized format. I see why they think this would provide instant earnings and preserve cash. If you knew they wouldn't burn any more cash, and that they could rationalize the business to sub 1,000 employees and produce real earnings within the next year, the stock would be at $ 25 - $ 30 over night. They could license out patents, have someone else produce phones for them, and keep the cash and ultra high margins on Enterprise.

RE: the options; you would need to know they are executing on this plan ahead of time as the stock would gap up on the news. There are plenty of Funds that would love to get in on a software pure play like BlackBerry. They don't even have to give up the phone business, just farm the whole thing out and sell them to Enterprise as the agent. With $ 7 billion they could buy up all of the competition. Then there is their next generation secure mobile solution.
    09-10-13 05:38 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/939

Bloomberg for BlackBerry 10 has appeared.

Posted via CB10
    Nice!! Time to delete the side loaded version of cnn money!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 05:40 PM
    And this thanks is coming from "just" updated PlayBook...much better typing...browser is faster too...it's still no BB10 but much better.

Can you imagine how fast the products and updates will come if Levono (or whoever) looks after just the hardware and BB just concentrates on the software and OS....That is a great vision!
    This would happen within six months, that's why everyone and their dog is telling BlackBerry to sell their hardware. I happen to think it is worth $ 2.5 billion and they can get at least another $ 1 billion licensing the patents to Lenovo or whom-ever for that matter. My numbers are probably low here. Software companies command a P/E of 15 times forward earnings, this is what Misek sees and many others. Let's see if BB can figure this out. Right now, Software/Enterprise is carrying Hardware. They would be down to 1,000 people and a tight operation with modest costs.
    09-10-13 05:42 PM
    the Canadian govt wants to prevent that foreign govt companies distort free enterprise in Canada
    Where is Mr Free Truth when you need him! I go to NYC for one day and you guys let BBRY give up all of yesterday's gains? I was on Wall Street today and would have intervened if I knew what was going on. More cowbell please.
    09-10-13 05:45 PM
    abouthsu,

This would happen very quickly, heck many feel that BB should just shutdown hardware, forget about selling it and go with a downsized format. I see why they think this would provide instant earnings and preserve cash. If you knew they wouldn't burn any more cash, and that they could rationalize the business to sub 1,000 employees and produce real earnings within the next year, the stock would be at $ 25 - $ 30 over night. They could license out patents, have someone else produce phones for them, and keep the cash and ultra high margins on Enterprise.

RE: the options; you would need to know they are executing on this plan ahead of time as the stock would gap up on the news. There are plenty of Funds that would love to get in on a software pure play like BlackBerry. They don't even have to give up the phone business, just farm the whole thing out and sell them to Enterprise as the agent. With $ 7 billion they could buy up all of the competition. Then there is their next generation secure mobile solution.
    Thanks Morgon. To me the dust is settling, at least for me and see blackberry being a software giant. I really do feel qnx has what it takes to take the next leap. I'm excited to see what the future have in store for BBRY.
    Randeman and morganplus8 like this.
    09-10-13 06:16 PM
    Where is Mr Free Truth when you need him! I go to NYC for one day and you guys let BBRY give up all of yesterday's gains? I was on Wall Street today and would have intervened if I knew what was going on. More cowbell please.
    He got promoted to spectator a while ago.
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-10-13 06:19 PM
    9/10/2013; 34 million in volume; closed at $10.94.

Bullish interpretation:
    - Update on corporate development: BlackBerry to Lobby Government Over Foreign-Takeover Rule - Bloomberg
    - $10.88 - $10.90 show good support. The trading range is not as wide as it used to be, when there is gap down or sell off attempt. Based on the 5 minute wedge pattern, the today action seems to show either controlled accumulation or covering. The SP is out of the wedge. Post 3 p.m. action did not form descending triangle.
    - The SP closed right at the support level of $10.94, and did not create lower low, than 9/6/2013, which was $10.81, and closing price of $10.84. The low of today was $10.89.
    - 30 minute and hourly MACD, and stoch. RSI are ready to go up.
    - MA 50 on the daily chart is starting to curve up. This is good.

Bearish interpretation:
    - If $10.88 is broken, then anticipate $10.75 as the next support. Max support at $10.50 - $10.56 based on the secondary uptrend line.
    - Timeline misalignment between the 30 minute / hourly and the daily chart. Stoch. RSI and MACD are cycling down, but the other time frames are cycling up.
    - The SP failed to create another green candle in this peak. Given the timeline misalignment, we could see one or two more red candles, before going up again. This creates a bearish setup on the daily chart.

--
    I think, the news about Blackberry lobbying the Canadian government shows that there is a real offer and interest, and limits the negative claims that the bears can create.

5 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-10-6.30.10-pm.jpg

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-10-6.31.49-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-10-4.19.11-pm.jpg
    09-10-13 06:19 PM
    He got promoted to spectator a while ago.
    I missed that..... I miss him.... sort of.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-10-13 06:25 PM
    I think you're right JLagoon. I think this should generate a little rise tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 06:26 PM
    LOL.
    this is a good one!
    Yea, I had some extra money in my pocket. So Mr. Morgan and I put our funds together, he ended up buying 159, 490 and I bought the rest.
    lcjr likes this.
    09-10-13 06:42 PM
113,252 ... 18911892189318941895 ...